Guest views are now limited to 12 pages. If you get an "Error" message, just sign in! If you need to create an account, click here.

• CRYPTO REWARDS!

Full endorsement on this opportunity - but it's limited, so get in while you can!

Donald Trump again emphasizes 'mental health' over gun control after Florida shooting

Think how horrified they would be that there are actually background checked, gun carrying, good people out there and we have not gone on murdering rampages. :D

I lived in a state where CCW was not obtainable without a huge expense or even after all the hoops were jumped through a for sure thing. 

I live in one now where you can CC without a permit or you can do the BG check and get one. I have never felt so free knowing I can at least protect me and mine leagally. 

• Like 1
  • Upvote 2

7 hours ago, bohica said:

I am a FFL holder.  This is ridiculous.  Know the gun laws before making these types of posts.  Do you even know  what the guns laws in the US are and what a person must do to get a gun?  We have more gun laws then we can already enforce.  GUN LAWS DO NOT WORK.  If gun restrictions worked then why is Chicago a killing field?

It is right to the point.......People on the left have no clue of what it takes to buy a Firearm these days.

They Demand Back ground Checks and they already have them....The left find out the hard way when they go to buy a Firearm and get caught and sent away.

The Gun Show Loop Hole is another Figment of the lefts Twisted Imagination.........I know of no one that is an FFL at a Gun Show that Doesn't do Back Ground Checks

They need to include Mental Health Records to the CBI but who is against that....The Left

They need to Ban Assault Weapons........The Public Can Not Buy Assault Weapons......An AR-15 is NOT an Assault Rifle, A Tavor is Not and Assault Rifle, The M1A is Not an Assault Rifle....These are all Semi Automatic Rifles that Only Fire One Round with the Single trigger Pull....They Do Not Fire 30 Rounds as some would have you believe. They are not capable of firing 900 rounds a minute as some believe.....Semi Automatic does not an Assault Rifle Make.

The Issue of Fully Automatic Firearms,  the public Can't buy a Fully Automatic Weapons since 1936 or there abouts without about a 2 year back Ground Check, a lot of time and money plus the cost of the Firearm to start with some costing as much or more than a new ZR-1 Corvette or two. 

I could go on for hours but that wont fix the problem, Banning Firearms wont fix the Problem,  More laws wont fix the problem and I will be damned if taking firearms away from Law Abiding Citizen will fix the Problem. 

The Problem start some 40-50 years ago when the Government decided you were no longer allowed to Discipline your children, You were no longer allowed to bring them up to respect others, They no longer had to learn the value of a dollar.....Little by little one or two years at a time respect eroded way, caring for other was lost, honoring their Elders, grandparents, Police Officers gone......Today we have a bunch of Mature and Older Americans and then we have what the Government started back 40 years ago.

They gave you Generation WHY? A Generation (for the most part) Void of any rational thought, A generation without any respect for anything but themselves, a Generation with little to no value on Human Life or any life unless it is a tree, Unicorn or safe place puppy  or Pokimon Go thing.

They gave you a Generation that will Never be able to care for themselves and at the same time you coddled and nurturer These WHy's....You gave them everything, they had cell phones from a young age, they learned more about Video Games then you ever knew of Chess or Monopoly, They grew up with no respect for anything and knew from You that if they screamed loud enough they would get what they wanted. 

Today they don't Scream at the Parents anymore they are Screaming at the Government to change, for what they want and when they don't get it they burn thing down, they play stupid Knock Out Games, They Shoot Up Schools to get what they want, to feel important and fill that Void in Their lives.

All Generation Why's grew up and where raise with a Huge Void....They meant nothing to their parents, They were given everything to keep them quiet and  they did what they pleased and what they wanted and there was no one to stop them and now for recognition they want to go out as A  Professional School  Killer.  They dress in black with masks and burn building, break windows, loot business, assault the Elderly or the Innocent.....Why, because that was the way they were raised and they are now wanting more and more attention.

That is the Generation WHY,  the Government Started to develop some 40-50 years ago. Sadly to say many Parents went along with the plan not having a clue of the out come. 

When will it end.....You all as parents need to shut down the cell phones, the video games, make them cut the grass, take out the trash, shovel snow, go water and feed the hogs, wash the car........They get raised to Respect and Appreciate everything in life. Learn that hard work is the way to a happy life and you.

Sadly I think the WHY Generation is a loss

Karsten

• Thanks 2
  • Upvote 3

1 hour ago, nstoolman1 said:

Think how horrified they would be that there are actually background checked, gun carrying, good people out there and we have not gone on murdering rampages. :D

I lived in a state where CCW was not obtainable without a huge expense or even after all the hoops were jumped through a for sure thing. 

I live in one now where you can CC without a permit or you can do the BG check and get one. I have never felt so free knowing I can at least protect me and mine leagally. 

I hope I don't ramble on again.......But you are 110% right. I just received my 2nd 5 year CCW Permit  after renewing the 1st. Not once in the 1st 5 years did I feel the need to use my weapon.....I take that back, camping and walking my dogs on leases we were attacked by a big black dog and what looked like a full size poodle....These dogs were loose and weren't the friendly type at all.  I was reaching for my .22 Mag Back Up when the owner figured out he had a problem. Rangers had them out that after noon.

As I sit here and type this I have 3 AR-15's behind my, 2 12 gauge shot gun that are loaded plus the 1911 I carry daily.....So far it is all good as No One has Broken in and I really don't have a reason to get my stuff dirty so I have to clean it.

The boring life of a legal, well armed firearm owner with a CCW.....I might even get a game of RISK in before the night is over (RISK is a board game for those wondering) (For those of you wondering what a Board Game is put your Phone Down).

Karsten

• Thanks 2
  • Haha 3
  • Upvote 2

12 hours ago, Karsten said:

It is right to the point.......People on the left have no clue of what it takes to buy a Firearm these days.

They Demand Back ground Checks and they already have them....The left find out the hard way when they go to buy a Firearm and get caught and sent away.

The Gun Show Loop Hole is another Figment of the lefts Twisted Imagination.........I know of no one that is an FFL at a Gun Show that Doesn't do Back Ground Checks

They need to include Mental Health Records to the CBI but who is against that....The Left

They need to Ban Assault Weapons........The Public Can Not Buy Assault Weapons......An AR-15 is NOT an Assault Rifle, A Tavor is Not and Assault Rifle, The M1A is Not an Assault Rifle....These are all Semi Automatic Rifles that Only Fire One Round with the Single trigger Pull....They Do Not Fire 30 Rounds as some would have you believe. They are not capable of firing 900 rounds a minute as some believe.....Semi Automatic does not an Assault Rifle Make.

The Issue of Fully Automatic Firearms,  the public Can't buy a Fully Automatic Weapons since 1936 or there abouts without about a 2 year back Ground Check, a lot of time and money plus the cost of the Firearm to start with some costing as much or more than a new ZR-1 Corvette or two. 

I could go on for hours but that wont fix the problem, Banning Firearms wont fix the Problem,  More laws wont fix the problem and I will be damned if taking firearms away from Law Abiding Citizen will fix the Problem. 

The Problem start some 40-50 years ago when the Government decided you were no longer allowed to Discipline your children, You were no longer allowed to bring them up to respect others, They no longer had to learn the value of a dollar.....Little by little one or two years at a time respect eroded way, caring for other was lost, honoring their Elders, grandparents, Police Officers gone......Today we have a bunch of Mature and Older Americans and then we have what the Government started back 40 years ago.

They gave you Generation WHY? A Generation (for the most part) Void of any rational thought, A generation without any respect for anything but themselves, a Generation with little to no value on Human Life or any life unless it is a tree, Unicorn or safe place puppy  or Pokimon Go thing.

They gave you a Generation that will Never be able to care for themselves and at the same time you coddled and nurturer These WHy's....You gave them everything, they had cell phones from a young age, they learned more about Video Games then you ever knew of Chess or Monopoly, They grew up with no respect for anything and knew from You that if they screamed loud enough they would get what they wanted. 

Today they don't Scream at the Parents anymore they are Screaming at the Government to change, for what they want and when they don't get it they burn thing down, they play stupid Knock Out Games, They Shoot Up Schools to get what they want, to feel important and fill that Void in Their lives.

All Generation Why's grew up and where raise with a Huge Void....They meant nothing to their parents, They were given everything to keep them quiet and  they did what they pleased and what they wanted and there was no one to stop them and now for recognition they want to go out as A  Professional School  Killer.  They dress in black with masks and burn building, break windows, loot business, assault the Elderly or the Innocent.....Why, because that was the way they were raised and they are now wanting more and more attention.

That is the Generation WHY,  the Government Started to develop some 40-50 years ago. Sadly to say many Parents went along with the plan not having a clue of the out come. 

When will it end.....You all as parents need to shut down the cell phones, the video games, make them cut the grass, take out the trash, shovel snow, go water and feed the hogs, wash the car........They get raised to Respect and Appreciate everything in life. Learn that hard work is the way to a happy life and you.

Sadly I think the WHY Generation is a loss

Karsten

"When will it end?".....when ill-informed folks STOP looking to biased MSM & agenda driven politicians for factual information. Which means NEVER....we've become a very lazy society that depends on others for answers - SMH

Edited by caz1104
  • Thanks 1
  • Upvote 2

'Throw them out': plans to eject politicians 'beholden to the gun lobby'

Moms Demand Action and Everytown launch campaign to empower voters following the horrors of Parkland

Sat 17 Feb 2018 14.00 GMT

By  Adam Gabbatt

https://www.theguardian.com/us-news/2018/feb/17/the-resistance-niow-activists-gun-lobby

3 hours ago, Botzwana said:

.liberals went to try to ban knives too.

Then we will need to ban cars,  alarm clocks, cell phones, airplanes, blasting caps, wire, steak knifes, matches, lighters, buses, all poisons, cruise ships,  gasoline, rocks, damn there isn't much you can't use to hurt people... 

I guess we are going to have to live with the fact life comes with dangers and there is no stopping evil. JMHO

B/A

• Upvote 3

'How about we stop blaming the victims?': Florida shooting survivors speak at anti-gun rally – video

Students who survived the shooting at Marjory Stoneman Douglas High school have given emotive speeches condemning............

Sun 18 Feb 2018 09.23 GMT

https://www.theguardian.com/us-news/video/2018/feb/18/how-about-we-stop-blaming-the-victims-florida-shooting-survivors-speak-at-anti-gun-rally-video

• Thanks 2

My opinion...

Until the real problems are admitted to, the talk of banning any gun is ridiculous. PEOPLE KILL PEOPLE

and no matter if ALL weapons were banned, people will still kill each other. It is part of human history from

the moment we set foot on this rock. If someone wants someone dead, they can use their hands...so what next?

Cut off hands? Ban the use of hands? :lol:

The problem is people, troubled, broken, sick, psychotic, sociopaths who go over the edge for whatever reason and

blame and accuse anything they want in order to justify killing. Banning guns will not stop this. Rather, how about

the psychotropic drug connection??? it has been implicated in most school related shootings for the last 20 years,

and yet what do we hear? "Ban guns". Blame guns, not the person is what some think. "Don't blame the shooter,

blame the gun." :lol:

This is insanity, and as long as the real issues are not dealt with, this mantra from those in denial will continue and

they will blame the weapon rather than the one who pulled the trigger.

Apparently Trump is feeling the pressure, and below is what he recently stated. Why is it so difficult for people to 

realize if they start banning guns, what is next??? Knives, baseball bats, forks, spoons, hands, elbows, automobiles,

for gods sake, what the hell is wrong with this thinking? Are we that forgetful of what happens when we allow 

government to start this? Does ANYONE truly think either "party" gives a rats azz about YOUR freedoms and liberties?

Remember what has happened to all of our freedoms and liberties since the "patriot act"?

Little by little, push everyone deeper inside the box created for them by all the talking heads, politicians, religious

institutions who peddle constant FEAR using all the trigger words and propaganda that get people to become stupid:

"Terror, terrorism, terrorists, war on terror, race, religion, aliens," and the list goes on how all of this feeds into

toying with everyone's heads. Watch people sometime when some of these words are preached to them by their

talking heads...they stop thinking, become scared and then begin the insane whining about everything BUT the 

actual problem, blaming everything BUT the actual guilty party as if the gun or weapon forced them to use it.

Is it really that difficult to see what is happening? We the people are allowing media, politicians and others to continue

to push division and distraction...some seem to enjoy it and add to it, but we better grow up soon and start thinking for ourselves.

Once the door is opened...it DOES NOT close again. Perhaps we the people still have too much faith that government

can do anything properly and in the peoples best interest without taking something away or costing the people far too much money.

When does it end?

Food for thought...but we better start paying attention instead of making excuses for any political parties...SAME AGENDA

is seen over and over, while throwing bread crumbs to the people and propaganda by your favorite "news" shows and political

and religious talking heads feeding you paranoia. It sure seems to work judging by the reaction it always gets from most folks

because that is it's very purpose, to scare and divide. Is it time to reject it? I would say so...but alas, too many enjoy the 

nonsense, apparently division of the people makes them feel alive or offers them a way to vent anger, etc. it is a bizarre 

world  :lol:

---

President Trump on Saturday blamed Democrats for failing to act to strengthen gun restrictions under the Obama administration, accusing them of using the issue as a political talking point.

"Just like they don’t want to solve the DACA problem, why didn’t the Democrats pass gun control legislation when they had both the House & Senate during the Obama Administration. Because they didn’t want to, and now they just talk!" Trump tweeted.

LINK

---

• Thanks 2

4 hours ago, adhoc10 said:

Well said Jim. I can only imagine the thought and time you put into that post. 

Thanks my friend. We all must start thinking for ourselves. We have gone too long allowing others to dictate

to us how we should think, feel, act, etc. It has come to the point where some folks no longer know who

they are, other than what they are told by someone else. They have little to no original thought, it is

mostly a mere echo of someone else's opinion. 

Public opinion continues to be shaped by "media", politics, religion, and a host of other venues that often

do little more than promote divisive agenda's, keep the people fighting, and distracted, and the criminals

continue to get away with their corruption. If "we the people" are to ever survive this 'mind rape', we

are going to have to get beyond only paying attention to what we want to read or hear and start getting

involved in developing our own lives and pursuit of peace outside of the constant barrage of political and

religious manipulations. 

What is the alternative? To continue to allow all the "noise" to influence how we treat others or view the world 

around us cannot work, it only feeds cognitive dissonance and plays games with our minds. I have hope that most

folks are intelligent enough to be honest with themselves when they can smell BS being fed to them and take

appropriate steps to counter that with facts and evidence rather than beliefs and persuasions told to them

over and over again until they think it is "truth".

If we are afraid to listen to or consider those things that challenge our beliefs or views because they may make

us uncomfortable or cause us to THINK, how can a person ever learn?

My motto is always question everything...and I mean everything, and to THINK for ourselves...because if we do not,

rest assured someone else will think for us and dictate to us a narrative that may be little more than pure BS.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Upvote 1

On ‎2‎/‎16‎/‎2018 at 11:11 AM, umbertino said:

Most Americans can buy an AR-15 assault rifle before they can buy beer

The military-style gun, the weapon of choice for mass shootings, can be bought in most states starting at the age of 18

Fri 16 Feb 2018 11.00 GMT

Lois Beckett in New York

Vid in link

https://www.theguardian.com/us-news/2018/feb/16/americans-age-to-buy-ar15-assault-rifle-mass-shootings

So I guess you're saying we need more guns in the hands of drunks?

Trump explores better background checks as Florida response criticized

The president, facing pressure from student survivors to take action, is in talks about a bill to strengthen checks on gun buyers

Mon 19 Feb 2018 17.57 GMT

David Smith in Washington

2992.jpg?w=700&q=55&auto=format&usm=12&fit=max&s=f3e6ffe1016bd6b044e58b617e8a48bf
People from all over south Florida come to pay their respects to the victims of the Marjorie Stoneman Douglas high school
Photograph: RMV/REX/Shutterstock

More pics in link

After Florida, I see the NRA as.........

What else would you call a group that ensures I need to have a conversation with my daughter about how to survive a school shooting?

Sat 17 Feb 2018 12.00 GMT

By  Jessica Valenti

3500.jpg?w=700&q=55&auto=format&usm=12&fit=max&s=9f9e1ce5ffe4368a2162fc06439ce82b
‘We have to stop voting for Republicans; we have to stop voting for people who take money from the NRA.’
Photograph: Jonathan Drake/Reuters

https://www.theguardian.com/world/2018/feb/17/the-week-in-patriarchy-florida-school-shooting-nra

Rapid fire rifle device on special offer in salute to Trump

‘Bump stock’ used by Las Vegas shooter in promotional tie in with presidential campaign slogan

Sun 18 Feb 2018 23.07 GMT

By  Lois Beckett

4236.jpg?w=700&q=55&auto=format&usm=12&fit=max&s=f1f3a98a1ee40c368ee6b35d57c42be0
Slide Fire’s bump stock, which simulates automatic fire when fitted to an semi-automatic rifle
Photograph: George Frey/Getty Images

They can talk all they want about the Assault Weapon ban of the clinton days...it did nothing to stop evil people from doing evil.

Until they do something like making Mental Health Records a matter to be submitted to the NICS/FBI they people will lie on the form. If the Military does not submit the same info for Dishonorable Discharge those people will continue to lie on the form.

Court need to file info on Domestic Abuse, restraining orders and what not or those people will continue to lie.

Enforce the Laws that are already on the books and stop penalizing law Abiding Gun Owners that have no intention what so ever of wanting to harm anyone. Enough with the Gun Free Zones....Stop making people helpless targets to criminals.

Have you ever seen a Mass Shooting at a Gun Show, or a Gun Store. Does Antifa or BLM riot and attack people or events where CCW is a Will Issue Permit State.....Oh No, the Thugs want helpless people they can poke with nails or spikes mounted to poles and face no threat back.... "More Guns in the hands of the Good Guy/Gal" It just works.

Put 2-3 Armed Veterans in Schools and put a stop to shootings.

Karsten

• Upvote 1

Florida shooting survivors are fighting back. Here's what they need to know about gun control

The current battle to reshape gun laws can feel like a stalemate, but there have been victories too. This is what the landscape looks like right now

Tue 20 Feb 2018 14.05 GMT

By  Lois Beckett in New York

2 vids in link

https://www.theguardian.com/us-news/2018/feb/20/post-columbine-generation-fights-back-what-to-know-nra-gun-facts

Florida Shooter's Former Friend Says She Reported Him To School 'Multiple' Times

A former friend of Nikolas Cruz, the 19-year-old who confessed to opening fire on a Florida high school last week, says she told school officials “multiple” times over the last several years that she was concerned about his behavior.

Ariana Lopez is a student at Marjory Stoneman Douglas High School in Parkland, Florida, where Cruz is suspected of using at assault-style rifle to gun down 17 people on Wednesday. She opened up about her “disturbing” experiences with Cruz during an appearance Tuesday on ABC’s “Good Morning America.”

“He used to sell knives out of his lunchbox, which I thought was like insane because you can’t have knives ... [in] a school,” Lopez said. “He would talk about how he sympathized with Syrian terrorists and how people who opposed them should be killed.”

Lopez, who hid in one of the school’s closets to escape the shooting Wednesday, said Cruz would act violently toward his ex-girlfriend, as well as Lopez and her friends.

“He talked about killing our parents, our friends, boyfriends and girlfriends,” Lopez said. “He would hit [his ex-girlfriend], he would threaten her, he would threaten her family and her friends, for talking to other guys.”

Lopez said she reported Cruz to school officials “multiple” times between 2016 and 2017 after he began following her and her friends after school. A representative for Broward County Schools did not immediately respond to HuffPost’s request for comment

James and Kimberly Snead, the couple who hosted Cruz in their home since his adopted mother died in November, said Monday they were shocked when they found out about the shooting Wednesday. 

“Everything everybody seems to know, we didn’t know,” said James Snead on “Good Morning America.” “We had rules and he followed every rule to the T ... He was very polite. He seemed normal.” 

But Lopez said she was far from surprised when police identified Cruz as the shooter.

“Even before they announced that he was the shooter, we all knew it was Nik,” Lopez said about herself and Cruz’s other former classmates. “He was the only person that we could think of that would do something like this because it was obvious that he had the power to do this.”

Cruz was charged Thursday with 17 counts of premeditated murder. He is being held without bail.

I guess it wasn't only the FBI that was too busy spying on Trump... Apparently the school administrators are part of the Deep State too.

B/A

What I think is the pinnacle of hypocrisy is so many folks running around demanding action to be taken 

by their government "gods" to address a weapon issue, and to control it, when that same government entity

and its satellites have been complicit in trafficking arms on a global basis for decades.

We are shocked to see school shootings and kids murdered at a school, yet we blink not an eye at the murder of

innocents around the globe on a daily basis, and wink it off as 'collateral' damage while we cheer it on.

Now that is rich with irony and hypocrisy :lol:

Too many folks just do not get it...you cannot control or stop our culture of violence and death by controlling the weapon used

to murder others. People will always find a way to kill each other, and justify it, and that has nothing at all to do with 

the weapon used. Some folks fill their heads with all manner of garbage, political, religious, media talking heads

and these posers are actually sought out for answers. Is it any wonder at all why so much of society is screwed up 

and have lost the ability to reason? 

Guns do not react...PEOPLE do. Blame the trigger happy sociopaths who are a reflection of their culture and twisted

ideologies, but the guns are not the issue.

Bottom line: Weapons/guns have no beliefs or bias, inanimate objects, they cannot pursue anything or anyone without

a human on the other end, and sometimes that human is a twisted bunch of wreckage willing to make their twisted

statement and get their 15 minutes of "fame" by murdering innocents.

2 hours ago, Botzwana said:

The kids are in Washington demanding gun control.....yeah, the very same kids that think eating tidepods are cool.  Yeah, I am going to listen to them....ugh

How do you know it's the same kids?  Are you engaging in hyperbole.....such as somebody saying their president payed off a pornstar and then you taking issue with the fact that he wasn't the president at the time?....Hmmm, hypocrisy and hyperbole go hand in hand, don't you think?

GO RV, then BV 

• Thanks 2
  • Downvote 1