Guest views are now limited to 12 pages. If you get an "Error" message, just sign in! If you need to create an account, click here.

• CRYPTO REWARDS!

Full endorsement on this opportunity - but it's limited, so get in while you can!

Donald Trump again emphasizes 'mental health' over gun control after Florida shooting

Trump’s speech in response to Florida high school shooting was code for: forget background checks and other gun control measures

Thu 15 Feb 2018 18.17 GMT

David Smith in Washington

Vid in link

https://www.theguardian.com/us-news/2018/feb/15/donald-trump-florida-shooting-speech-mental-health-gun-control

• Upvote 1

The US already has background checks. The sick & deranged will always find ways to do there dirty deeds. Why is the Pro-Gun Control not yelling for a ban on Trucks/Vans, Knives, Baseball Bats, hands, lousy Italian food, etc.....these are just a few of other things that have been used to KILL innocent people.

• Upvote 2

FBI screwed the pooch again on this one. The school from what I gather from the reports failed to lock down the school. Even a fire alarm should hold kids in the classroom till verified as real. If the room your in isn't on fire shelter in place. Fewer people running around makes fewer targets. Make the shooter waste time looking for victims. Before you become a victim fight back.

• Upvote 4

1 minute ago, nstoolman1 said:

FBI screwed the pooch again on this one. The school from what I gather from the reports failed to lock down the school. Even a fire alarm should hold kids in the classroom till verified as real. If the room your in isn't on fire shelter in place. Fewer people running around makes fewer targets. Make the shooter waste time looking for victims. Before you become a victim fight back.

Not enough HEROES anymore...just victims. Today's world is far different than just 100 years ago (which really isn't that long ago). In order to NOT be a victim...one needs to be proactive. Kid's can no longer be just kids. While extremely sad....it's the world we live in. The sooner we understand this....the better we will be. I have a Beautiful daughter in college 1k miles away from me....while I worry about her safety.....in reality there is little I can do, except to constantly remind & educate.

• Upvote 3

Gun control does not and cannot  work.  Denying the legal and good what they have a right to have never has and never can stop bad people from harming others.  Mexico and very strict gun laws and is murder capital.  Chicago has a extremely stiff gun laws and has more killings than Iraq which is a killing field.  

• Upvote 1

Heartbreak isn't enough. Shootings will continue until laws are changed

We deserve to have lawmakers who understand that prioritizing public safety is not a political issue – it is a matter of common sense

Fri 16 Feb 2018 14.10 GMT

By  Shannon Watts

4740.jpg?w=700&q=55&auto=format&usm=12&fit=max&s=a9531596b32bd5a087d0981d903f4b1f
‘I’ve lost patience for lawmakers and talking heads who tweet about thoughts and prayers but continue to put the interests of the NRA before the safety of American families.’
Photograph: Rhona Wise/AFP/Getty

• Confused 1
  • Upvote 1

Most Americans can buy an AR-15 assault rifle before they can buy beer

The military-style gun, the weapon of choice for mass shootings, can be bought in most states starting at the age of 18

Fri 16 Feb 2018 11.00 GMT

Lois Beckett in New York

Vid in link

https://www.theguardian.com/us-news/2018/feb/16/americans-age-to-buy-ar15-assault-rifle-mass-shootings

• Upvote 1

NRA contributions: how much money is spent on lawmakers?

Anger as Republicans Paul Ryan, Ted Cruz and Marco Rubio call for prayers for victims rather than action on gun control

Fri 16 Feb 2018 15.16 GMT

Lauren Gambino in Washington

3000.jpg?w=700&q=55&auto=format&usm=12&fit=max&s=2bb2c38d742eb9067d1641b3d4913ca9
A protester holds a sign that reads, ‘NRA Stop Killing Our Kids’, outside the court-room where Nikolas Cruz, 19, a former student at Marjory Stoneman Douglas High School in Parkland, Florida, was having a bond hearing
Photograph: Pool/Getty Images

• Upvote 1

15 minutes ago, umbertino said:

Most Americans can buy an AR-15 assault rifle before they can buy beer

The military-style gun, the weapon of choice for mass shootings, can be bought in most states starting at the age of 18

Fri 16 Feb 2018 11.00 GMT

Lois Beckett in New York

Vid in link

https://www.theguardian.com/us-news/2018/feb/16/americans-age-to-buy-ar15-assault-rifle-mass-shootings

I am a FFL holder.  This is ridiculous.  Know the gun laws before making these types of posts.  Do you even know  what the guns laws in the US are and what a person must do to get a gun?  We have more gun laws then we can already enforce.  GUN LAWS DO NOT WORK.  If gun restrictions worked then why is Chicago a killing field?

• Thanks 3
  • Upvote 2

Murdoch's New York Post pleads with Trump to act on gun control

After Florida school shootings, the conservative tabloid says the president must try to ‘stop the slaughter’

Fri 16 Feb 2018 05.08 GMT

Joanna Walters

Pics in link

https://www.theguardian.com/us-news/2018/feb/16/murdochs-new-york-post-pleads-with-trump-to-act-on-gun-control

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, bohica said:

I am a FFL holder.  This is ridiculous.  Know the gun laws before making these types of posts.  Do you even know  what the guns laws in the US are and what a person must do to get a gun?  We have more gun laws then we can already enforce.  GUN LAWS DO NOT WORK.  If gun restrictions worked then why is Chicago a killing field?

Well said, bohica!!! :tiphat:

• Like 1

2 hours ago, umbertino said:

NRA contributions: how much money is spent on lawmakers?

Anger as Republicans Paul Ryan, Ted Cruz and Marco Rubio call for prayers for victims rather than action on gun control

Fri 16 Feb 2018 15.16 GMT

Lauren Gambino in Washington

3000.jpg?w=700&q=55&auto=format&usm=12&fit=max&s=2bb2c38d742eb9067d1641b3d4913ca9
A protester holds a sign that reads, ‘NRA Stop Killing Our Kids’, outside the court-room where Nikolas Cruz, 19, a former student at Marjory Stoneman Douglas High School in Parkland, Florida, was having a bond hearing
Photograph: Pool/Getty Images

The NRA has donated somewhere in the ballpark of $200 Million to political candidates and parties (Republicans primarily) over the last 20 years. Unions have donated around $1.8 Billion (x9 times more) over that same period of time. Interesting data point because the LEFT is making the claim that Republicans are controlled by the NRA because of all the donations. If so, how much more are Democrats controlled by Labor Unions?

Indy

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, Indraman said:

The NRA has donated somewhere in the ballpark of $200 Million to political candidates and parties (Republicans primarily) over the last 20 years. Unions have donated around $1.8 Billion (x9 times more) over that same period of time. Interesting data point because the LEFT is making the claim that Republicans are controlled by the NRA because of all the donations. If so, how much more are Democrats controlled by Labor Unions?

Indy

Wait, what?!!......Unions are shooting kids?  :blink:

GO RV, then BV

• Thanks 1

12 minutes ago, Shabibilicious said:

Wait, what?!!......Unions are shooting kids?  :blink:

GO RV, then BV

So a new law is going to stop a person who violated multiple laws? How does a new law stop a person already intent on breaking multiple laws already on the books make a difference? Assault? Murder? 

Indy

• Upvote 2

1 hour ago, Shabibilicious said:

Nah.....enforce the laws on the books.  But to do that effectively, Big Bro is going to have to do some snooping into American citizens private lives when tips are given.....have a sneaking suspicion that that's not going to sit well with millions of folks.  As always, just my opinion.

GO RV, then BV 

I totally agree...sounds like for this FL incident, there were multiple warnings that were ignored and probably not followed to a final conclusion that this kid was ready to explode.

Indy 

• Upvote 3

1 hour ago, Shabibilicious said:

Nah.....enforce the laws on the books.  But to do that effectively, Big Bro is going to have to do some snooping into American citizens private lives when tips are given.....have a sneaking suspicion that that's not going to sit well with millions of folks.  As always, just my opinion.

GO RV, then BV 

They are already snooping illegally and still can't catch some of these people. The only way I can say yes to the tip line is that people that make a call with a false tip are prosecuted and made to make the accused whole. Record expunged and court fees paid.

• Upvote 3

36 minutes ago, nstoolman1 said:

They are already snooping illegally and still can't catch some of these people. The only way I can say yes to the tip line is that people that make a call with a false tip are prosecuted and made to make the accused whole. Record expunged and court fees paid.

We've been snooped on for decades

• Upvote 2

6 hours ago, umbertino said:

Heartbreak isn't enough. Shootings will continue until laws are changed

We deserve to have lawmakers who understand that prioritizing public safety is not a political issue – it is a matter of common sense

Fri 16 Feb 2018 14.10 GMT

By  Shannon Watts

4740.jpg?w=700&q=55&auto=format&usm=12&fit=max&s=a9531596b32bd5a087d0981d903f4b1f
‘I’ve lost patience for lawmakers and talking heads who tweet about thoughts and prayers but continue to put the interests of the NRA before the safety of American families.’
Photograph: Rhona Wise/AFP/Getty

Last time I checked there are MILLIONS of" American families" that own guns.....I guess the anti-gun crowd didn't know this very simplistic FACT.

• Upvote 2