Guest views are now limited to 12 pages. If you get an "Error" message, just sign in! If you need to create an account, click here.

• CRYPTO REWARDS!

Full endorsement on this opportunity - but it's limited, so get in while you can!

Iraq Wants $88 Billion For Rebuilding. Allies Offer A Fraction Of That !

DinarThug

1 minute ago, NEPatriotsFan1 said:

Maybe they’re gonna be forced to put on their big boy pants and start paying their own way for stuff like I did at 18 and never looked back..... for a freebie! 

They don't know how to do that.  They only know how to beg.

You can't even imagine how aggravated I am.

My blood pressure must be through the roof!

• Like 1
  • Haha 2
  • Confused 2
  • Upvote 1

32 minutes ago, currenzcraze said:

Talky, talky and steal money are the only two things Iraq is good at.  Actually doing something good for their people well they jusst dont care.  This investment is done.  I have been at this 10 years and no changes.  

Don't give up now. Just wait. We are  almost done. Lunacy cant last forever

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 4
  • Upvote 1

2 hours ago, DinarThug said:

CNN. Broadcasting While Iraq Gets Completely Humiliated On The International Stage !

They can thank Maliki and Team.

As Trump said...." a most brilliant group of thieves".

OrkLOnW.gif

Thanks jcfrag.

Edited by King Bean
  • Haha 6
  • Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, jmartin1145 said:

Don't give up now. Just wait. We are  almost done. Lunacy cant last forever

True that! Eventually they will figure out that Maliki can pay for the rebuilding of Iraq all by himself... and if he refuses, they kill him, take back the Iraqi money he stole and rebuild Iraq! (Eliminating a rascally cock roach at the same time!)  HANG EM LIKE THEY HUNG HUSSAIN!!!!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1
  • Upvote 3

14 minutes ago, NEPatriotsFan1 said:

Maybe they’re gonna be forced to put on their big boy pants and start paying their own way for stuff like I did at 18 and never looked back..... for a freebie! 

Think they expect the rest of the world should continue to pay ad infinitum .. I like you have worked and paid my way since well before I was 18... Iraq it's called Budget"ing" and when you pay your own way you are not behold ing to anyone but yourselves..

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1
  • Upvote 4

22 minutes ago, jcfrag said:

True that! Eventually they will figure out that Maliki can pay for the rebuilding of Iraq all by himself... and if he refuses, they kill him, take back the Iraqi money he stole and rebuild Iraq! (Eliminating a rascally cock roach at the same time!)  HANG EM LIKE THEY HUNG HUSSAIN!!!!

yup not sure why abadi not calling for that unless he was part of it also, isis all went down under big M's watch , cant fault usa or any country for not donating its a giant slush fund to pilfer for the leadership that has to end... my gosh does anyone in the country want to do right ...:facepalm:

Edited by 3n1
  • Haha 1
  • Upvote 2

1 minute ago, 3n1 said:

yup not sure why abadi not calling for that unless he was part of it also, cant fault usa or any country for not donating its a giant slush fund to pilfer for the leadership that has to end... my gosh does anyone in the country want to do right ...:facepalm:

Damn. This is another Clinton Foundation.

• Haha 1
  • Upvote 4

40 minutes ago, Floridian said:

Well, I've read every word of every article in this thread.  

"Al-Hassan said in a press statement that he is confident in the conviction of the various companies that Iraq will provide documents and assurances that the investment will benefit the Iraqi people and the stability of Iraq and the wisdom of the Iraqi government to overcome all obstacles to global investment."

Everybody knows how corrupt they are.  Nobody wants to invest.  So what do we do?  Sell a bunch and at least recoup some of our investment?

Or wait, as Kaperoni has been saying, until Iraq decides to be (shall we say) not as corrupt, business slowly comes into Iraq, and the dinar rises "gradually"?

I'll tell you  what!  I may not have that much time.  What are we talking about here, another 10 years?

I am totally pissed!!!!!!!!!!

Some how the word wisdom and Iraqi government should never be used in the same sentence. LOL! Honestly them not getting bailed out is the best news we could here! They our out of options. No more loans, No more hand outs, No more USA bail outs. No more investment at a tenth of a penny. They have no choice but to show value. Just like the children they are, I always expected them to be kicking and screaming until the end! 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2
  • Haha 3
  • Upvote 4

Some quotes from article in link:

https://www.iraqpressagency.com/?p=265073 ;

"The World Bank ranked Iraq 168th in the world out of 190 countries in its assessment of the business environment for 2017, confirming that the country is not the ideal environment for foreign investors who face major challenges, led by bureaucracy and corruption," the report said. Timing is inappropriate? Iraqi economist Abdul Rahman al-Mashhadani, a member of the Iraqi delegation to the Kuwait conference, said that the Kuwait conference was not timely because Iraq did not give investors assurances to provide the ideal environment to help them get their jobs done. 

He pointed out that "Iraq is ahead of elections and therefore parties will need large funds to promote and electoral propaganda, which will push them to blackmail investors to get what they need in exchange for facilitating their tasks or control the financial grants that will be given by countries to restore stability in the provinces Edited ".

"the global companies have research centers and know the reality of Iraq and therefore its participation in the conference is not to obtain investment in Iraq But to please their governments. " 

• Thanks 3
  • Haha 2
  • Confused 1
  • Upvote 2

1 minute ago, jcfrag said:

I'm sure Alak will be sure to take the bull by the horns and RV, especially since the CBI has the authority to make that decision.....  LOL

I dunno.  From what I'm reading, elsewhere, there's like 60 TRILLION dinar in the money supply and if they RV at $1.00 it would be more than all the money in the world (or something to that effect).  The guy says they can't even afford to RV at 10 cents.  

I know, I know, we've read that they are taking in dinar.  Who knows what's true and what isn't?

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1
  • Upvote 3

1 minute ago, Floridian said:

I dunno.  From what I'm reading, elsewhere, there's like 60 TRILLION dinar in the money supply and if they RV at $1.00 it would be more than all the money in the world (or something to that effect).  The guy says they can't even afford to RV at 10 cents.  

I know, I know, we've read that they are taking in dinar.  Who knows what's true and what isn't?

Pretty sure if that guy raised the rate to one penny right now, there would be a landslide of dinar hitting Iraq tomorrow....   :D

• Haha 1
  • Upvote 4

43 minutes ago, billjr said:

Some how the word wisdom and Iraqi government should never be used in the same sentence. LOL! Honestly them not getting bailed out is the best news we could here! They our out of options. No more loans, No more hand outs, No more USA bail outs. No more investment at a tenth of a penny. They have no choice but to show value. Just like the children they are, I always expected them to be kicking and screaming until the end! 

Consider also they went this conference without a confirmed Budget in place... Maybe it may be good news for us in the long run but it still could be a long marathon run and we are almost into the third month of 2018 and Iraq is still in Ground Hog mode ...  I honestly cannot imaging waking up one morning in the near future and reading that Iraq has added value to their currency.. I am sure they have some  master plan up their sleeve to cajole and/or blackmail someone into footing the bill.. With the wealth of more that 7000 barrels a day projected by 2020 they will still be resting their haemorrhoids on piles of worthless Dinar in their Bank vaults when 2020 comes around .. 😊

Edited by NoviceInvestor
  • Haha 2

My opinion is the lack of donations by the US is a very positive indication that Iraq will need to move directly from a "closed economy" to an "open economy" for the reconstruction to gain momentum.

The May elections are nominally three months away. For significant reconstruction to be started to have a positive effect on the elections, it would seem the reconstruction would need to start very quickly.

I suspect there is and will be a lot of confusing information coming out of and pertaining to Iraq in the next few days to weeks. I suspect the last half of February will indicate where we are at for the timing of this investment due to what is happening with the reconstruction - if that long.

I am still very, very positive and hopeful for the short term.

Just my thoughts, opinion, and :twocents:

Go Moola Nova!

:pirateship:

• Thanks 4
  • Upvote 7

Evening DV, I thought perhaps going into this international, hand out for more, Arab conference with a budget in hand and article 140 that perhaps they might of had a chance at gaining the trust of the international community, well, that didn’t happen, so, now we are seeing the results of the constant back and forth bickering, complaining, not showing up for GOI meetings to get things passed and moving forward etc...

Hey, as long as the world is throwing money at them they can continue to cry wolf  and hope the gravy train keeps on chugging along. Guess what Iraq? the buck stops here, and, now you must act or be tossed aside and written off as yet another bad debt. 

Ok, let’s look at the bright side, perhaps this could be that wake up call we have long been waiting for and perhaps now could or should be the perfect time to RV their worthless currency as now they know that the international community is not on board with their reconstruction plan. In my humble opinion, it’s now or never, Abadi has to strap on a pair and begin to act like a leader he once was/is and begin to show the world that Iraq means business. The writing is on the wall, the international community does not trust the GOI, does not have confidence that their investment of billions will be secure and paid back, hence, a lack of investment capital. What comes around goes around I say, so, with that being said, it’s sink or swim time Iraq, either do something NOW or your country will be sent further back into the dark ages and the world will watch as you and your divided attitudes destroy one another and the billions of dollars waiting to be invested wIll be diverted in a country or place that will give investors confidence. 

Now, get back to the fricking table and accomplish what you have to do!!!!!!! :deadhorse:

• Like 1
  • Thanks 3
  • Upvote 8

7 minutes ago, Wiljor said:

Ok, let’s look at the bright side, perhaps this could be that wake up call we have long been waiting for and perhaps now could or should be the perfect time to RV their worthless currency as now they know that the international community is not on board with their reconstruction plan. In my humble opinion, it’s now or never, Abadi has to strap on a pair and begin to act like a leader he once was/is and begin to show the world that Iraq means business.

:twothumbs: Wiljor AND The Best Of Your Evening To You! Thank You for eloquently stating what needs to happen and I really, really think You nailed it here!!! :tiphat:

Go Canada on the medal count so far!!!

MEDAL STANDINGS

LEGEND

1.png: Gold Medal
2.png: Silver Medal
3.png: Bronze Medal

Of course, GO TEAM USA - YEAH!!!

Go Moola Nova!
:pirateship:
Edited by Synopsis
  • Upvote 2

Does anyone else think that Iraq NOT being "handed" $88 BILLION dollars might be a GOOD thing?  Giving them that much money would be like slipping an alcoholic a bottle of Jack for Christmas.

So, I have to imagine there's a "Plan B".  Now, where on earth would they find a way to obtain the wealth needed to import all the materials for a major face lift to their war torn cities?  What economic move could they make?   Hmmmmmmm.....

• Haha 1
  • Upvote 9

Evening Synopsis, a super evening out to you brother  :tiphat:

Yea, just venting off a little frustration, but I feel much better now :D and, hey, thanks for the medal count update bro, didn’t know Canada was doing ok. We are in high season down here and it’s work, 7 days a week. 

Always appreciate you input here and thanks for your positive attitude :twothumbs:

• Thanks 1
  • Upvote 5

Iraqi officials: Financial stability is a prerequisite for economic growth in Iraq

20:25Tuesday, February 13, 2018
Iraqi officials: Financial stability is a prerequisite for economic growth in Iraq
Conference Invest in Iraq

KUWAIT CITY (Reuters)

BAGHDAD (Reuters) - Financial and banking stability is a key condition for Iraq 's economic growth, which in turn is a practical framework for investment financing , Iraqi officials said on Tuesday .

They stressed the importance of strengthening the economy in order to encourage investors to enter the Iraqi market.

"The bank has focused on monetary stability, which is a major objective of its monetary policy, especially since it manages the money supply and thus affects the price system," the deputy governor of the Central Bank of Iraq, Mahmoud Dagher, was quoted as saying by KUNA.

Dagher pointed to the structure of banks in Iraq , the number of 71 banks, seven of them in general and 64 of them, especially Islamic or conventional, adding that the diversification of the banking sector in Iraq means there is an appropriate opportunity for transactions of transfers and remittances and open credits and everything needed by the investor.

He pointed out that the index of the face of Iraq's imports within the framework of the reserves that now amounted to 50 billion dollars compared to neighboring countries, it is at a good level through which the management of money supply and investors can be assured of the state of the Iraqi economy.

For his part, Chairman of the Committee on Economy and Investment in the Iraqi Council of Representatives, Ahmed Kanani, that the most important investment ground is confidence, noting that the Committee has taken upon themselves to work to enhance confidence through the enactment of legislation that contribute to the promotion of investment and reconstruction of Iraq.

He added that the international community, through its contribution to the reconstruction of Iraq, doubles responsibility for the welfare of the Iraqi people because of its reflection on the entire region.

He said that Iraq is fertile ground for investment, especially that the Iraqi people love modernity in various areas of life, stressing at the same time the readiness of the Committee to take all the observations on the Iraqi investment law to work on its development.

During the conference, which began in Kuwait on Monday, and is scheduled to take three days, the Iraqi government is promoting the reconstruction of the country after the military victory over the Dahesh organization.

LINK

Edited by DinarThug
  • Thanks 3
  • Upvote 1

The GOI has been giving everyone the finger (including their own citizens) for more than ten years now so I know they aren’t surprised that their $100 billion fantasy didn’t become reality. No budget, no official HCL, constant disagreement with the Kurds, the auctions still going, not active participating member of WTO, the corruption still flourishing, Maliki still around, etc etc..... 

• Haha 2
  • Upvote 9