Guest views are now limited to 12 pages. If you get an "Error" message, just sign in! If you need to create an account, click here.

• CRYPTO REWARDS!

Full endorsement on this opportunity - but it's limited, so get in while you can!

Kaps Backs Down On His Float Rollout...Will RV.

Luigi1

Luigi says...

Kaperoni, a staunch IQD floater has now changed his tune.

It will be a RV, RI.  Not verified. Your opine.

7 Feb 2018  Whitelions:

OMG it must be getting close to the rv Kap is backing down on his float...
Whitelions: 2-7-2018 Kaperoni Article: "Central banks needed five hours to submit their applications to buy foreign currency" [Here comes the RV at one to one.] There is no RV. Not to mention this article has nothing to do with implying such. 
This is an attempt to control the daily currency auctions and weed out corruption, but to me it is just another restriction which could have a negative effect on the spread. The CBI has a habit of implementing these types of controls rather than doing what it should be doing...arresting the crooks themselves.

7 Feb 2018  Kaperoni Moderator...    

Central Bank of Iraq (CBI) News > Central banks needed five hours to submit their applications to buy foreign currency. 
Since 02/05/2018 13:56 am (Baghdad time)  Baghdad balances News. 
Needful Central Bank of Iraq, Monday, banks five hours to submit their applications to buy the currency.

2-7-2018   Intel Guru RayRen98   DINAR IS SCARCE, IRAQ HAS "REPORTEDLY" STOPPED DISTRIBUTIONS...TICK, TOCK...TICK, TOCK.   THERE'S A LIGHT AT THE END OF THIS TUNNEL... IT APPEARS THAT DEALERS ARE SELLING "ON HAND" INVENTORY ONLY?   KEEP AN EYE OPEN ON THE DEALERS AND ON FOREX...THINGS MIGHT UNFOLD RIGHT BEFORE YOUR VERY EYES.

2-7-2018   Newshound Guru Kaperoni   Article:  "Central banks needed five hours to submit their applications to buy foreign currency"  [Here comes the RV at one to one.]   There is no RV.  Not to mention this article has nothing to do with implying such.  This is an attempt to control the daily currency auctions and weed out corruption, but to me it is just another restriction which could have a negative effect on the spread.  The CBI has a habit of implementing these types of controls rather than doing what it should be doing...arresting the crooks themselves.   [...Kap no offense here but the CBI kills your theories when they say NO FLOAT.]   ...the CBI did not say no float, just no float at this time.  And this makes sense since there is no momentum through the Capital Account to create inflationary pressure and appreciate the currency. 

• Upvote 4
  • Downvote 5

2 minutes ago, davis411 said:

Ahhh damn

i only got 1 neg

U Slacker - Ur Gonna Need To Try A Lot Harder If U Ever Want To Be President ! :o 

:D  :D  :D 

Here’s More From Kap-Erroneous ...

2-8-2018   Newshound Guru Kaperoni  Monetary policy is not a simple thing to explain. 

I do not think the CBI is ready to float at this time.  

Mainly because the IMF does not want them to. 

They want them to stay pegged until they meet compliance with the IMF and can move to Article VIII. 

That being said, I do think the CBI wants to float once they move to Article VIII.  

My belief is they will pick a new floating exchange rate regime that they can use to raise the value gradually to counter inflationary pressure created by the influx of investment flowing through the Capital Account of the CBI

(hopefully that will capital will begin to come into Iraq soon). 

This is well documented in several IMF articles discussing the transition.

• Upvote 1

2-8-2018   Newshound Guru Kaperoni  Keep in mind, 

we all want this to start...but the reality is 

the CBI cannot float or for that matter do anything other than improve the banking environment at this time. 

Why?  Because there is no upward pressure on the dinar. 

There is no investment in Iraq's private sector at this time.

Until there is investment, or compliance with the IMF, the CBI's hands are sort of tied.  

Only after this conditions are met can the CBI consider moving to a float,

ending the auctions, and have the dinar join the worlds currencies.

• Upvote 1

Luigi says...

The Kaps is a little confusing in this latest statement.

CBI can't peg to the USD & float at the same time.

It's one or the other. IMO.

8 Feb 2018  Kaperoni...

Monetary policy is not a simple thing to explain. I do not think the CBI is ready to float at this time. Mainly because the IMF does not want them to. They want them to stay pegged until they meet compliance with the IMF and can move to Article VIII.

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 2

50 minutes ago, DinarThug said:

2-8-2018   Newshound Guru Kaperoni  Keep in mind, 

we all want this to start...but the reality is 

the CBI cannot float or for that matter do anything other than improve the banking environment at this time. 

Why?  Because there is no upward pressure on the dinar. 

There is no investment in Iraq's private sector at this time.

Until there is investment, or compliance with the IMF, the CBI's hands are sort of tied.  

Only after this conditions are met can the CBI consider moving to a float,

ending the auctions, and have the dinar join the worlds currencies.

Isn't next week's Kuwait conference all about investment in Iraq?? Literally hundreds of billions of $$$ in investment.

Not sure why Kaperoni ignores this key event but by his definition, the upward pressure on the dinar is about to blow a gasket!!

• Upvote 2

13 minutes ago, miquel said:

Isn't next week's Kuwait conference all about investment in Iraq?? Literally hundreds of billions of $$$ in investment.

Not sure why Kaperoni ignores this key event but by his definition, the upward pressure on the dinar is about to blow a gasket!!

One would certainly think so.......but this is Iraq.  

• Upvote 1

6 minutes ago, SgtFuryUSCZ said:

Dang..... DinarDavo... now we're sad again...     :- (

Sigh.  :huh:

Any chance it's a "new" "improved" Iraq and we can live in hope again lest we die in despair...? :mellow:

You got me there ladies.....these folks never cease to amaze me.....I found out too late that their "back wall" is actually a revolving door!  :(

• Upvote 1

5 hours ago, Botzwana said:

Luigi....he says nothing of the sort.  He still is with a float.  Man are you intentionally dishonest?

It's called guru dyslexia. A condition where he reads something, then makes up his own conclusion. :o

fbf81ce79ec0e12d557fe2d4bbf118bd.jpg

u6KXPVn.jpg?fb

• Haha 1
  • Upvote 1