Guest views are now limited to 12 pages. If you get an "Error" message, just sign in! If you need to create an account, click here.

• CRYPTO REWARDS!

Full endorsement on this opportunity - but it's limited, so get in while you can!

So I'm cleaning out my closet and...

...found the 2M IQD I've been sitting on for 10 years or longer. I was here in the forums 24/7 many, many years ago (xnvydvr) and after coming across my IQD I figured I'd go online and see what forums are still out there. It appears that we're much closer...many of the things that had to happen for an RV to take place seem to have happened. Let's do this already!!! I'm so ready to retire (again) and buy that McLaren I've had my eye on. Before you ask about my username...yes...I'm retired Navy Subs/Diver and I've been an Engineering Lead for just over 20 years...after the Navy I picked up my BSEE from Boise State. Go Broncos!!! Anyways...good to be back and looking forward to chatting with you. Rgds

• Like 1
  • Haha 2
  • Upvote 6

1 hour ago, climber7 said:

Saw your post and noted the Boise comment

Do you still live in Boise? I'm curious because I'm planning on moving there at end of Feb and would appreciate your 'take' on it 

Have a good evening! 

Before transferring to DC we lived in Boise for 9 years and LOVED it! When we first arrived it was a bit of a culture shock because everyone is white (over 90%) and armed and Mormon. Seriously...it's about 1/3 Mormon. The strange thing is that it has/had a large non-straight population for such a red state. We tell people Boise is 1/3 Mormon, 1/3 non-straight and 1/3 none of the above hahaha. We moved there in 97 and left in 06. We sold our house for more than double what we paid which really helped out when we got to the DC area. We left just so we could get closer to the folks that were getting older and sicker. Then it was culture shock when we got to DC, but opposite lol. The downtown Boise nightlife is awesome! So many bars, nightclubs and local restaurants. It really has a big city feel but is still a small town for sure. We could be snowboarding at Bogus Basin in about 45 minutes, we could float the Boise River through town or we could go water skiing at Lucky Peak. Gambling in Jackpot, NV was only a few hours away. We made several trips to the Oregon coast and also down to Salt Lake City. Boise really is a great place to live and raise a family. Camping/Hunting - both amazing! The schools our kid went to were outstanding, K-8 but we did high school in DC. All year there were community events throughout the city including free concerts downtown in the summer, Alive After Five, and all year we had First Thursday downtown. It was just a really fun, active place to live. Now we're just counting down the days until we retire to the Clearwater Beach, FL area. Can't wait!!!  

Edited by xssdv
  • Upvote 2

Wow   what the hell did you move for again  ?      (  hahahaha  let see  politicians  blocking up traffic , the  crowds of people , on every street protesting or  touring the  mall  region of d.c.   )  ....   well  you had fun   any way !     I guess only  way  we will move back to the old life  ,   texas  area ,  45 minutes from a  super size  city  ,  is the dinar  to roll in at  1 to 1   or  hit  the lottery  

Edited by jeepguy