Guest views are now limited to 12 pages. If you get an "Error" message, just sign in! If you need to create an account, click here.

• CRYPTO REWARDS!

Full endorsement on this opportunity - but it's limited, so get in while you can!

China's Response to Trumps Tariff's on Solar Panels

bigwave

STABLE GENIUS: Trump Jacks Up Tariffs On Solar Panels. Here's How China Responded

Just one week after the Trump administration announced a massive 30% tariff on imported solar panels, one of China's largest solar panel manufacturers announced plans to open a manufacturing plant in the United States.

The company, JinkoSolar, said on Monday that they have received the green light from their board of directors to "finalize planning for the construction of an advanced solar manufacturing facility in the U.S." CNN Money reports:

The statement suggested Jinko's decision was tied to the new tariffs, saying that the company "continues to closely monitor treatment of imports of solar cells and modules under the U.S. trade laws."

gettyimages-871870070.jpg?itok=vg8VntsD

Read more at: https://www.dailywire.com/news/26510/stable-genius-trump-jacks-tariffs-solar-panels-ryan-saavedra#

• Upvote 1

JinkoSolar Announces Results of 2017 Annual General Meeting

By PR Newswire,  November 15, 2017, 05:50:00 AM EDT

JinkoSolar has over 15,000 employees across its 8 production facilities in China (5), Malaysia, Portugal, and South Africa; 16 overseas subsidiaries in Japan (2), Singapore, India, Turkey, Germany, Italy, Switzerland, United States, Canada, Mexico, Brazil, Chile, Australia, South Africa and United Arab Emirates; and 18 global sales offices in China (2), United Kingdom, Bulgaria, Greece, Romania, United Arab Emirates, Jordan, Saudi Arabia, Kuwait, Egypt, Morocco, Ghana, Kenya, Costa Rica, Colombia, Brazil, and Mexico

Nothing new here... Move along

B/A

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 2

1 hour ago, bostonangler said:

JinkoSolar has over 15,000 employees across its 8 production facilities in China (5), Malaysia, Portugal, and South Africa; 16 overseas subsidiaries in Japan (2), Singapore, India, Turkey, Germany, Italy, Switzerland, United States, Canada, Mexico, Brazil, Chile, Australia, South Africa and United Arab Emirates; and 18 global sales offices in China (2), United Kingdom, Bulgaria, Greece, Romania, United Arab Emirates, Jordan, Saudi Arabia, Kuwait, Egypt, Morocco, Ghana, Kenya, Costa Rica, Colombia, Brazil, and Mexico

B/A

If I didn't know better I would suspect that you are and internal pessimist.... 

• Upvote 1

I'm glad they are building, but the point is they were already here... It's not like they weren't already manufacturing here. Don't get me wrong it is great for the additional investment but you guys act like this is a new concept. It's an expansion which is a good thing. Just like GM building cars in China... People in China love Buicks and we love Chinese products... It's a global economy in full swing.

B/A

• Upvote 2

16 hours ago, bostonangler said:

B/A

Lets see here, this would create hundreds of direct jobs and thousands of indirect jobs, one of which would be trucking, and you say that is nothing? :wacko:

Personally I don't give a dang how he got the company to come here and even less about how many other countries their in. But I will guarantee you that every single person that gets one of those jobs will be happy. 

Forget politics think about your fellow man, and if that is too hard think about his children that he will now be able to feed.   

• Thanks 1
  • Upvote 3
  • Downvote 1

1 hour ago, Shabibilicious said:

I've got no problem with them slapping a 30% tariff on Chinese made junk.....as long as it's slapped on ALL Chinese made junk.  <_<

trump-made-in-china.jpg

GO RV, then BV

I have my product ( invention ) made in China.  Can not come close to being able to make it here at a resell able cost.  The cheapest I can ONE made here is $58.00. Thats raw, unpainted and just one machined part.   They sell in pairs so I'm having 2 made in China.  They are powder coated wrapped in a bubble wrap . Put inside a box with a 1 sheet instruction and all mounting hardware included. Then they are shipped half way around the world all tariffs paid. How much??  $18.50 Each!!!!.  Typical retail is about times four so they sell at $79.99 each.

Guess what ?? people still complain that they cost to much... If i had the entire product as sold made here it would be well over $700.00 and i would sell ZERO.   So at least by making them in China I am keeping a UPS and Fedex driver busy. I have sold over 6,000 units.    We Americans want Cheap products.  That will not happen making them here.   We are to blame.  We are gluttonous consumers.  How many TVs in your house? How many cars in your driveway. 

Here is a funny fact.  If i break out the shipping costs for 500 units shipped from a Chinese  factory 4 hours inland.  Then put in a container , Shipped across the pacific,, all tariffs paid and brought to a warehouse 5 miles from my house its a total of $300.00.   If I want a US trucking firm to deliver that same crate 5 miles away it costs $450.00   . So I use my own truck.....LMAO. 

Edited by SocalDinar
  • Thanks 2
  • Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

1 hour ago, SocalDinar said:

I have my product ( invention ) made in China.  Can not come close to being able to make it here at a resell able cost.  The cheapest I can ONE made here is $58.00. Thats raw, unpainted and just one machined part.   They sell in pairs so I'm having 2 made in China.  They are powder coated wrapped in a bubble wrap . Put inside a box with a 1 sheet instruction and all mounting hardware included. Then they are shipped half way around the world all tariffs paid. How much??  $18.50 Each!!!!.  Typical retail is about times four so they sell at $79.99 each.

Guess what ?? people still complain that they cost to much... If i had the entire product as sold made here it would be well over $700.00 and i would sell ZERO.   So at least by making them in China I am keeping a UPS and Fedex driver busy. I have sold over 6,000 units.    We Americans want Cheap products.  That will not happen making them here.   We are to blame.  We are gluttonous consumers.  How many TVs in your house? How many cars in your driveway. 

Here is a funny fact.  If i break out the shipping costs for 500 units shipped from a Chinese  factory 4 hours inland.  Then put in a container , Shipped across the pacific,, all tariffs paid and brought to a warehouse 5 miles from my house its a total of $300.00.   If I want a US trucking firm to deliver that same crate 5 miles away it costs $450.00   . So I use my own truck.....LMAO. 

And if you were the POTUS (D) or (R), I would be all over you for hypocritically kicking China while they produce your product at pennies on the dollar......that's all.  ;)

GO RV, then BV

Edited by Shabibilicious
  • Upvote 2
  • Downvote 1

So if China starts making things here what will be the end result? Are we going to work for the same rate as they do in China? Will Chinese companies pass the extra cost along to us? Will Americans cry about the new higher costs? Here's an idea. Instead of the corporate welfare we see our government giving multi-nationals, how about they allow us tax payers to deduct all taxes on American made products that we buy? That might help out... 

B/A

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

6 hours ago, Shabibilicious said:

And if you were the POTUS (D) or (R), I would be all over you for hypocritically kicking China while they produce your product at pennies on the dollar......that's all.  ;)

GO RV, then BV

But you are also to blame and a hypocrite if you have lots of material stuff.  He is talking 30 %  Thats squat !!. My product is produced 1000% cheaper in China.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

Social, my questions for you are as follows... Are you for or against tariffs? Do you think we need to step away from the global economy? We saw tariffs go up on washing machines, how would that same action effect you and your product? Would you eat the added expense, or pass it along to your customers? Who pays for these added costs?

B/A

6 hours ago, bostonangler said:

Social, my questions for you are as follows... Are you for or against tariffs? Do you think we need to step away from the global economy? We saw tariffs go up on washing machines, how would that same action effect you and your product? Would you eat the added expense, or pass it along to your customers? Who pays for these added costs?

B/A

I have always thought that our tariffs were to low.  A 40 ft container of machined metal parts that my product ships with has a tariff of $400.00  Thats pretty much nothing.  A  30 %  tariff will help but not even come close to making my product affordable to manufacture here.  it costs $18.50  now so with the Tariff increase it would cost $24.05 . Yet it would still cost over $180 to make it here.  And with the cost of all goods made overseas going up people here would have less money in there pockets to buy my product.  And yes I would most likely keep my margins the same as my distributors would also so the cost would be passed on to the end users.

I'm an electrical contractor and I have a customer who makes solar panels here. His energy costs are extremely high. His demand rates are killing his business.  Making solar panels are hardly carbon neutral if you factor in this energy used to grow the crystals. Also he has special units that burn off unspent gases which is highly regulated by the EPA and AQMD. He pays large sums to these government agencies.  So cheap energy and less regulation would help more than a 30% tariff

We are just big consumers here in the USA and we all want cheap stuff.    Nobody thinks of this when they talk about our jobs going overseas.  No one asks how a 32 inch LED TV can be sold for $132 at Target.  Remember everyone  gets a piece from the distributors down to the manufactures.  That TV probably costs less than $35 to make in China

Thats just not going to happen here in the USA.  Yet people expect this.  Maybe if we look at the root cause of our currency being debased we will figure it out. Inflation is killing us and a big reason we can not compete in a global market. Our dollar loses value every day.

• Thanks 2