Guest views are now limited to 12 pages. If you get an "Error" message, just sign in! If you need to create an account, click here.

• CRYPTO REWARDS!

Full endorsement on this opportunity - but it's limited, so get in while you can!

CBI News 01/21/2018

yota691

5 hours ago, Botzwana said:

Now I am confused.  Someone posted this pic as the retired 1947 1 note.  The one in our pic looks different.  So could it be the new one today is the new number 1?

27067078_10203900141019369_1375838432783831497_n.jpg

That is a different one than Butifldrm posted. The one she found was being sold on eBay and it was exactly like the big dinar in the CBI pic (minus the clock hands). But they do both have a 1 on each corner ... very odd. 

• Upvote 3

It may not be wise to show lD'd yet . The counterfeiters would get a head start . But I must ask . Why use an old LD in a official C.B.I. presentation from Alak ? And show the current 25,000/ 10,000/ 5,000 above on the wall while giving the presentation. It may be an old note but it had some type of great significance at this meeting ...?

• Upvote 4

40 minutes ago, blueskyline said:

It may not be wise to show lD'd yet . The counterfeiters would get a head start . But I must ask . Why use an old LD in a official C.B.I. presentation from Alak ? And show the current 25,000/ 10,000/ 5,000 above on the wall while giving the presentation. It may be an old note but it had some type of great significance at this meeting ...?

I totally agree. It must mean something. 

Does anyone one know what the last 1 dinar note that was in circulation looks like? Is that one from the 1940’s the very last version that was printed and used? 

• Upvote 1

7 hours ago, Botzwana said:

Now I am confused.  Someone posted this pic as the retired 1947 1 note.  The one in our pic looks different.  So could it be the new one today is the new number 1?

27067078_10203900141019369_1375838432783831497_n.jpg

Where was this picture posted?  It's not on this thread.  Where did you find it, Botzwana?

If we could find out if it's made of "polymer", then it's a new bill.

• Upvote 2

23 hours ago, gregp said:

The CBI isn’t showing new notes YET. 

Correct, Greg. If they were (as many guru's are announcing now) there would be photos everywhere. Whatever it is that CBI director Alak is holding bears no resemblance to any of their other notes with the open area for watermark, numbers in all 4 corners, metallic strip for security etc.  The CBI would want all the citizens to know what the 1, 5, 10, 20 look like to avoid confusion. I do believe, however, the LD's are printed and sitting in the banks. Printing currency is a huge undertaking, clouded in secrecy and quite costly. They rolled out plans for designs etc. years ago. When they are ready, then poof....they will appear in ATM's, banks, everywhere. IMO they are ready now. Push the button Alak. 

Edited by King Bean
  • Upvote 5

Interesting.  Ask The White House . High Tant III. November 20 2003 ........Caleb, from Vancouver, WA writes: 

How long did it take to decide on what the new Iraqi currency will look like, and who decided what it will look like.

Hugh Tant III   The Central Bank of Iraq decided on what the new currency would look like. They decided that it would resemble the old "Swiss" Dinar that the entire country used prior to Saddam printing notes with his picture on them, in the early 1990s, after the first Gulf War.

These new notes have many historical and cultural characters and places that are unique and important to the people of Iraq.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 7
  • Upvote 6

DV,  These GOI "Folks" are Masters Of Disguise or Masters Of Procrastination / B.S.   Either way something will happen hopefully before Kuwait Conference or definitely before May elections IMHO.   PM Abadi must show all of Iraq that he is the real deal and deliver to the citizens what they rightfully deserve.  Share of the vast "Oil Wealth" & Increase of Purchasing Power of the IQD.  It seems positive articles are pointing to the "Grand Finale".

GO HCL

GO RV / RI

• Thanks 1
  • Upvote 11