Guest views are now limited to 12 pages. If you get an "Error" message, just sign in! If you need to create an account, click here.

• CRYPTO REWARDS!

Full endorsement on this opportunity - but it's limited, so get in while you can!

Fox News' Tucker Carlson is the new premier voice of Bannonism

umbertino

Steve Bannon may have lost control of Breitbart, but as long as Carlson is around, his brand of rightwing populism is kept alive

Fri 19 Jan 2018 15.37 GMT

By  Jason Wilson

5760.jpg?w=700&q=55&auto=format&usm=12&fit=max&s=7fba4a2e9e6b197ef67f35ef03217c27
Tucker Carlson in the Fox News studio in New York on 2 March 2017
Photograph: Richard Drew/AP

• Upvote 1

TC show is the only one I watch....when I watch Fox...which aint much. ALL of MSM is bias driven....which sickens me to no end. His show does allow for something different than the normal 24/7 Trump bashing everywhere else.....so I guess that's a positive. There is so much news available...so to see majority of MSM spend its entire timeslots on TRUMP beat down day #......is a major disservice to us the public.

• Upvote 2

Left. Right. He doesn't care as long as he gets paid... Just an opportunist who goes where the money is.

Tucker Swanson McNear Carlson (born May 16, 1969) is an American conservative political commentator for Fox News. Carlson is also co-founder and former editor-in-chief of The Daily Caller website[2] and formerly hosted MSNBC's Tucker and co-hosted CNN's Crossfire. Carlson hosts Tucker Carlson Tonight, which moved from 9 p.m. ET to 8 p.m., Fox News Channel's number one prime time spot where previously The O'Reilly Factor aired

Carlson was born in San Francisco, California, the elder son of Richard Warner Carlson, a former Los Angeles news anchor and U.S. ambassador to the Seychelles, who was also president of the Corporation for Public Broadcasting and director of Voice of America. His mother is the former Lisa McNear Lombardi,[4] and his stepmother is the former Patricia Caroline Swanson, an heiress to the Swanson frozen-food fortune (daughter of Gilbert Carl Swanson and granddaughter of Carl A. Swanson) and a niece of Senator J. William Fulbright.[5]

*** marriage

On July 24, 2007, Carlson said on his show, "I'm just for marriage generally. I'm for people making a lifelong commitment. Do you know what I mean? I'm not against *** marriage, actually, and I'm the most right-wing person I know."[32][33] Carlson later went on to say, "I think, marriage has been a great thing for me, and I think it's a really civilizing force, and I think it would be a civilizing force for *** people too."[32]

Libertarianism

220px-TuckerRonPaul.jpg

Tucker Carlson at a 2007 Ron Paul presidential event.

Carlson voted for Ron Paul in 1988 when he was running as the Libertarian Party presidential candidate.[34] On November 26, 2007, it was reported that Carlson lobbied Nevada brothel owner Dennis Hof to support Paul's candidacy. Explained Carlson, "Dennis Hof is a good friend of mine, so when we got to Nevada, I decided to call him up and see if he wanted to come check this guy out."[35]

On September 2, 2008, Carlson participated in Ron Paul's Campaign for Liberty Rally for the Republic in Minneapolis, as the first speaker to introduce the rally and also acted as the MC by introducing nearly every guest speaker.[citation needed] On February 23, 2009, Carlson was introduced as a senior fellow for the Cato Institute; he is no longer a senior fellow there.[36][37]

Russia

Carlson does not consider Russia a serious threat to US interests.[38] Carlson has called for the United States to work with Russia in the Syrian Civil War.[39] He opposes overthrowing Bashar al-Assad.[38] According to Peter Beinart of the Atlantic, Carlson has been an "apologist for Donald Trump on the Russia scandal".[38] Carlson described the controversy in the wake of revelation that Donald Trump Jr. was willing to accept anti-Clinton information from a Russian government official as a "new level of hysteria" and said that Trump Jr. had only been “gossiping with foreigners.”[38]

He's a mixed bag of tricks if nothing else.

B/A

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 3

12 minutes ago, caz1104 said:

Uhhhh Shabs, Don Lemon, Rachel Madcow, Chris Matthews aint above talking down to folks

True true....Something about Tucker though, him and Chris Cuomo have a habit of being very condescending toward "hostile" guests, for lack of a better term.  It's no secret that I'm not a Fox News fan.  However, Shep Smith and Chris Wallace can hold my attention...... They seem to actually live up to Fox's claim of being "fair and balanced".  

GO RV, then BV

• Thanks 1
  • Upvote 2
  • Downvote 4

Al Sharpton Attacks Tucker Carlson With Out Of Context Clip... 

Sounds to me that Tucker asks valid questions about "Diversity". I believe "diversity of thought" makes the country stronger, not "diversity of skin color". What do you think? 

But the clip clearly calls out "unity" in the country as a strength...I agree.

Indy 

Edited by Indraman
  • Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1