Guest views are now limited to 12 pages. If you get an "Error" message, just sign in! If you need to create an account, click here.

• CRYPTO REWARDS!

Full endorsement on this opportunity - but it's limited, so get in while you can!

So you're thinking about investing in bitcoin? Don't

umbertino

A collective insanity has sprouted around the new field of ‘cryptocurrencies’, causing an irrational gold rush. I know you’re tempted, but don’t be a fool

Mr Money Mustache

Mon 15 Jan 2018 10.00 GMT Last modified on Mon 15 Jan 2018 14.22 GMT

• Upvote 1

Bitcoin and Ethereum tumble after renewed fears of regulatory crackdown

Bitcoin hits a four-week low before rebounding on Tuesday as South Korean statements send cryptocurrency markets yo-yoing

Samuel Gibbs

Tue 16 Jan 2018 13.56 GMT Last modified on Tue 16 Jan 2018 14.17 GMT

• Upvote 1

Bitcoin continues rapid slide as Russia and China stoke regulatory fears

Bitcoin dropped a further $2,000 in value, leading the general slide across cryptocurrency markets as investor confidence waivers

Samuel Gibbs

Wed 17 Jan 2018 12.16 GMT Last modified on Wed 17 Jan 2018 12.17 GMT

• Upvote 1

18 hours ago, umbertino said:

Bitcoin continues rapid slide as Russia and China stoke regulatory fears

Bitcoin dropped a further $2,000 in value, leading the general slide across cryptocurrency markets as investor confidence waivers

Samuel Gibbs

Wed 17 Jan 2018 12.16 GMT Last modified on Wed 17 Jan 2018 12.17 GMT

I could post 20 articles that I've posted in  the crypto section that prove this one is a lie. 

Anyone not invested in BITCOIN will most severely regret not doing so this time next yr.

One Bitcoin=========================================== $100,000

I feel sorry for all the people that invested in the Bitcoin thing...It is a passing fad that only a few at the top will reap huge profits from and the rest will loose. Better check into it and do research and get out while you still got some money left.....Many will jump me for this but its my opinion....do what you want.

• Upvote 3

Bitcoin speculative bubble is bursting and has a long way to fall, economists warn

Despite losing 40% in a matter of weeks the cryptocurrency still has further to drop according to experts at Capital Economics

Martin Farrer

Thu 18 Jan 2018 05.05 GMT Last modified on Thu 18 Jan 2018 09.11 GMT

• Upvote 2

3 hours ago, Heavyduty053 said:

I feel sorry for all the people that invested in the Bitcoin thing...It is a passing fad that only a few at the top will reap huge profits from and the rest will loose. Better check into it and do research and get out while you still got some money left.....Many will jump me for this but its my opinion....do what you want.

And  You know this how? Pretty bold statement without offering any evidence as to the reason you feel this way. I could fill 17 pages with evidence suggesting completely the opposite of what you said. You are correct everyone has a right to their opinion but you might be the one that needs to look into it.

2 hours ago, bostonangler said:

Buy weed stocks... I'm up 400% on SING, 100% on TBPMF, 38% on SGMD and 12% on OGRMF... JMHO

B/A

Why am I not surprised in the least that you're invested in pot stocks. But what might surprise you is I bought a thousand shares of SING  and am down 28%. But that's okay I'm up over 400% in my crypto Investments.

• Upvote 2

1 minute ago, ladyGrace'sDaddy said:

Why am I not surprised in the least that you're invested in pot stocks. But what might surprise you is I bought a thousand shares of SING  and am down 28%. But that's okay I'm up over 400% in my crypto Investments.

Just like crypto, your SING investment will flux often, but I'm betting it will be a good one in the future. BTW what is your entry price on crypto? A friend told me about it several years ago when it was $300.. He told me to buy and I kick myself for not jumping in... Duh!!!

B/A 

• Upvote 2

Entry little over 3k. Bought 2, sold one at 12k and bought  Ethereum.   May have to cash in my other Bitcoin. Won’t walk it down to zip. Made that mistake on 2 .com companies 18 years ago. 

Yesterday 2 Blockchain ETF’s were open on NYSE.   Blcn and Blok.  I’m going to wait to see how those trade before buying some. 

Im also interested in IBM as they appear to be one of the leaders in Blockchain

I don’t rush into any investment but Iwill swing the bat on a fat fastball. 

Still reading and learning about Blockchain technologies. 

• Upvote 2

9 minutes ago, Pitcher said:

Entry little over 3k. Bought 2, sold one at 12k and bought  Ethereum.   May have to cash in my other Bitcoin. Won’t walk it down to zip. Made that mistake on 2 .com companies 18 years ago. 

Yesterday 2 Blockchain ETF’s were open on NYSE.   Blcn and Blok.  I’m going to wait to see how those trade before buying some. 

Great stuff Pitcher.... Thanks for the info. I'll be watching the new ETF's as well.

B/A

• Upvote 1

3 hours ago, Pitcher said:

Hello Pitcher....Thanks for sharing...Ciao

• Upvote 2

5 hours ago, bostonangler said:

Just like crypto, your SING investment will flux often, but I'm betting it will be a good one in the future. BTW what is your entry price on crypto? A friend told me about it several years ago when it was $300.. He told me to buy and I kick myself for not jumping in... Duh!!!

B/A 

Began investing when Bitcoin was just $8500 and have made more than double my original investment. Though unlike most here I will admit that because of my ignorance I would have made three times my original investment. Though I'm  a fast learner. You haven't missed the boat, I've posted the articles. Bitcoin alone will push $100,000 by the end of the year. Ether will push $75,000 and my fav Litecoin will push $9500 by the end of the year. This is not based on hype or hopium but on the evidence that governments are putting out. 

Oh and I know that medical marijuana stocks are going to blow the roof off also. I don't approve of illicit use of drugs but I do know the benefits of medicinal use. I knew a young boy with terminal cancer and the only thing that eased his pain in the end was marijuana. Even as a Christian, how do I come against that? 

I know that most will use these things illicitly but if the government is going to make it legal,  then  I may as well make some money off of it.  

• Thanks 2

52 minutes ago, ladyGrace'sDaddy said:

Began investing when Bitcoin was just $8500 and have made more than double my original investment.

That is awesome... When I bought SING, I bought 100,000 shares. When it doubled I sold half got back my original investment and now have 50,000 free shares... If you can get your investment back keep half and invest more than you are on your way! Good luck and happy trading!

B/A

• Upvote 2

I believe you all would find the DV section on CryptoCurrency/Bockchain to be of some interest.

I will add that this asset base has just under gone a large correction.  But in fairness, bitcoin, which is the equivalent to the currency reserve for the cryptocurrency world, has experienced 6 events since 2016 where there has been a downward move of 25% of more.

Of course January 1st it was about $1000........today about $12000.........and has been as high as $19000.............Have you had any investments in the past year where $1000 has become $12,000?

And that's just the tip of the ice berg....

You might learn alot at the link below about valuations if you have the time or interest:

https://coinmarketcap.com/all/views/all/

In early January a group in DV started discussing the prospects.  About the middle of February Ethereum was identified as a possibility...(of course all of this banter is recorded in the threads)

At that time the price was about $9 Bucks............today it is about $1050.00....and it is down from the highs.......

Next came NEO....in April........about  20 cents............today.......About $120.00 ...down from its high.......

There are about 2 dozen others that could be discussed......but perhaps the point has been made.

These are real numbers and many dozens who hang out in the crypto section will confirm them.  

The best part is "how to" threads are prevelent there......as is the help you get from others in the section.....

BA is smart in his investment style.......when you can, you pull that seed money out, and then you're playing with house money.....even better yet, take some of those profits and invest them in safe haven gold or silver...........Companies such as AMPEX accept bitcoin as payment for Gold and Silver.

HeavyDuty is also right..........just like the dotcom bubble and the housing bubble burst.......this one will as well.  Those ran for years........and if you just look at market cap, the blockchain/cryptocurrency movement, is in the early stages......JMO

My thoughts come from experience, not the media.  Hope this helps.

• Thanks 3
  • Upvote 1

9 hours ago, Muleslayer said:

Gee Umbert! Apparently your gloom and doom does not get a whole lot of traction.

ahh well you know the old saying 

opinions are like Shabs, everybody has one!

Thanks for sharing your Shabs.....and though your continued infatuation with me is precious, I'm happily married to Mrs. Shabs.  :wub:

GO RV, then BV  

• Haha 2
  • Confused 1

11 hours ago, coorslite21 said:

.just like the dotcom bubble and the housing bubble burst.......this one will as well.  Those ran for years........and if you just look at market cap, the blockchain/cryptocurrency movement, is in the early stages......JMO

Great post and if folks do some profit taking they will be happy... If you have a profit, do what the pros do, take some and don't be a bag-holder. Greed is what got me in the past and I learned the hard way... Profit, any profit is never a bad thing. Wishing you took some profit when it's too late is a bad thing. JMHO

B/A

• Upvote 1

Right you are BA. I have been down the same road as you and I am sure many others here with not taking some profit. Just had a weed stock triple and so I sold all. (Maybe not a good idea) It gained another $7-8 a few days later. I could have been upset I missed that rise but then it settled back to below what I sold it for. Will sit on my profits and wait for a pull back (if it occurs) and buy some again or if no pull back move on to the next investment.

• Upvote 1