Guest views are now limited to 12 pages. If you get an "Error" message, just sign in! If you need to create an account, click here.

• CRYPTO REWARDS!

Full endorsement on this opportunity - but it's limited, so get in while you can!

Parliament resumes holding its second session of the last legislative term headed by Jubouri

yota691

The House of Representatives discusses the elections and the budget in the next session

3-4145.jpg

09/1/2018 12:00 am 

Voted on three decisions on Kirkuk oil and compensation for Basra and Tuzur events in  
Baghdad / follow-up morning

The House of Representatives voted on Monday to three important decisions, the first of which is a resolution obliging the government to work on the reconstruction of war-affected areas in the province of Basra, and another obliges the Ministry of Oil to stop the work of "Car" in the fields of Kirkuk and the task of the North Oil Company production and marketing of oil from the province, The Council has completed the reading of three laws relating to the Iraqi Olympic Committee and the treatment of housing violations and the conditions of membership of Chambers of Commerce, as announced by Speaker of the House of Representatives Salim al-Jubouri at the second and third meetings yesterday; Public law and a legal budget the House of Representatives and provincial elections on the agenda of the next meeting agenda to be held next Sunday. 

The House of Representatives ended after the resumption of the second regular session of the second legislative term for the fourth legislative year, which was held under the chairmanship of Parliament Speaker Salim al-Jubouri and in the presence of 195 deputies, reading two laws. 
A statement by the Information Department in the House of Representatives received by "morning", that "at the outset of the meeting, the President of the Council that the House of Representatives will see from the session on Sunday to include the agenda of the laws of provincial elections and the elections of the House of Representatives, in addition to the General Budget Law for 2018" . Olympic and housing abuses

The Council completed the First Amendment to the proposed CPA Law No. 2 of 2003, submitted by the Legal and Civil Society Committees, which came to ensure that the Iraqi National Olympic Committee continues to exercise its functions and activities in accordance with the legislation in force, in order to fulfill the Olympic Charter and respond to the aspirations of the masses. In accordance with its amended law No. 20 of 1986, and in accordance with the directives of the Government in this regard and the judgments issued by the competent courts and for the purpose of excluding the Iraqi National Olympic Committee N. CPA is spent as an entity which  is 
dissolved. "
The Council also completed the first reading of the draft law on the treatment of housing violations submitted by the Services and Reconstruction Committee, which helps to address the violations of residential properties on state owned lands or municipalities within the limits of the basic designs before the date of entry into force of this law and correct the legal status of those who exceeded their rents, And to prevent the encroachment on real estate belonging to the state and municipalities within the limits of the basic designs of cities and remove the abuses that have been obtained. " 
In the third regular session held under the chairmanship of Jubouri and the presence of 190 deputies, the House of Representatives approved three parliamentary resolutions and finished reading one law, while the vote began on the law of the Nursing Association. Between Basra and Tuzhurmatu

The media department said in a statement that "at the beginning of the session the Council voted on a parliamentary decision submitted by the Legal Committee obliges the government to work on the reconstruction of areas affected by the successive wars that have been exposed to the province of Basra, especially the districts of Faw, Abu al-Khasib, Shatt al-Arab and Qurna and remove the remnants of war to restore life And the compensation of its inhabitants affected by it, "and completed the Council" vote on a parliamentary decision to form an investigative committee comprising security, defense, legal and human rights and displaced persons, culture and information on the events of Tuzhurmato and ensure the return of displaced persons urgently and monitoring violations and Calculator offenders ". Kirkuk oil

The Council concluded "the vote on a parliamentary resolution submitted by the Energy, Finance and Legal Committees obliges the Ministry of Oil to suspend the work of the Car company in the fields of Kirkuk and to instruct the North Oil Company to produce and marketing and to export the oil through Sumo Company, To determine the quantities of oil exported, provided that the Central Bank shall know the amount of funds deposited as a result of the export of oil and provide a detailed report on the names of the persons and banks in which the funds were deposited. 
The Council proceeded to vote on the proposed law for the formation of the Nursing Syndicate submitted by the committees of civil society organizations, legal, financial and health, and ended the first reading of the proposed amendment to the Third Law of the Federation of Iraqi Chambers of Commerce No. 43 of  
1989. Election Law

The Council postponed the vote on the date set for the legislative elections to next week, and stressed the Speaker of the House of Representatives Salim al-Jubouri, "the need to determine the date of elections because the Council of Ministers set the date, and the House of Representatives vote on it to be ratified by the Presidency of the Republic," noting that " The session next Sunday will see the vote on the date set for the elections, especially that any decision issued by the Federal Court in this regard is binding on all. 
Jubouri, the importance of "the inclusion of the two draft laws of the elections of the Council of Representatives and provincial councils in the meeting on Sunday with the timing of time in this regard," noting that "the discussions saw the existence of an opinion supports the commitment to the date of elections as determined by the government, while the other opinion is going to postpone the elections "He said. The resignation of Samurai

And on the transfer of the file of the resignation of MP Mutashar al-Samarrai to the Legal Committee, the Speaker of the House of Representatives that "the Committee met in the presence of members and the participation of a representative of the Electoral Commission to review the maturity file Muthana Samurai to be a substitute for the outgoing MP Mutashar Samurai," noting that "the Legal Committee indicated that Muthana Samurai alternative For MP Mutashar Samurai being the entity of the pool of Salah al-Din for development and the loser higher and the same province. " 
He stressed the President of the House of Representatives to take down the harshest sanctions against those who violate the public order of the meeting being outside the parliamentary contexts after the attack that took place within the session, as MP Salah al-Jubouri, one of the deputies of his bloc to the aggression, announcing the withdrawal of the Alliance of forces from the meeting and not return to meetings only The case of an official apology, and the meeting was a brawl between members of the Liberal bloc and others from the coalition of forces on the nomination of Muthanna al-Samarrai substitute for MP Mutashar 
Samurai.  

• Upvote 1

On 1/7/2018 at 2:57 PM, yota691 said:
Date of release: 2018/1/7 22:37 • 26 times read
Deputy: Read the budget next week and the vagaries of petrodollar assignments
{Baghdad: Al-Furat News} Deputy revealed the presentation of the draft budget bill for 2018 in parliament this week.
"The House of Representatives set a week for the parliamentary finance committee to study the budget and began last Wednesday, and it is hoped that it will be read next week," said the deputy of the State of Law coalition Haider al-Mawla. 
He pointed out that "there are no allocations to the provinces for the development of the provinces and allocations petrodollar allocated to the provinces, which is $ 5 and the budget bill included one article on oil products and even this article is not clear in the form of bonds. 
"We need a clear and explicit text for this paragraph as well as debt treatment," Mallawi said

Just wondering about the "petrodollar allocated to the provinces, which is $ 5 " mentioned above.    Does anyone else remember a mention, in years past, about the HCL allocating $5 from each barrel to the Iraqi people?   

I know I'm cross-eyed like most of us that have read - literally - thousands of articles over the years.  Maybe this is a weird flashback to news of yesteryear, maybe I remember it incorrectly, maybe it's nothing at all....

• Upvote 2

5 hours ago, ChuckFinley said:

Hey ronscarpa, great to see you out here again. I can not remember the last time I saw you out here.   

Thanks Chuck...Bless you...!  All is well with us and I trust with you also.

I've been gone less than a year - I think...LOL..!

I got tired of posting and reading - just followed the CBI for awhile. 

Turned 75 in December, and figured it will happen when it happens.

Otherwise, still busy as ever feeding the needy - needing more hours in the day.

Happy New Year Chuck....RON :) 

• Like 1
  • Upvote 4

18 hours ago, yota691 said:

What up My Friend good to hear from you Sir...Hope all is well with you and the Family...:D

Hi Yota...Thanks.  God Bless you...!  It's nice to be remembered by you, Chuck and a few others.

All is very well with us and I trust with you & your family also.

I think I've been gone less than a year...LOL..! Never sure these days. :o

I got tired of posting and reading - just thought I'd follow the CBI for awhile. 

I turned 75 in December, and figured it will happen when it happens...period..!

Otherwise, still busy as ever feeding the needy & counseling - needing more hours in the day.

Happy New Year Yota & congrats on the new posting record....RON :) 

• Like 1
  • Upvote 3

5 minutes ago, ronscarpa said:

Wuzzup Captain Ron ! ;) 

Fyi U Haven’t Missed Much In Ur 1 Year Absence - Other Than Luigi Getting Hitched To A Goat In The Rumor Section ! :o 

:D  :D  :D 

• Like 1
  • Haha 5
  • Upvote 1

On 1/7/2018 at 11:27 PM, ronscarpa said:

Thanks Yoda...! :) 

Well good day to ya my friend, long time no hear. I've thought about giving you a call from time to time but been rather busy myself what with a new baby and all.

Hope that all is well with you and the misses. Good to see ya back, :tiphat:

• Like 1
  • Upvote 4

9 hours ago, ASUMama said:

Perhaps the Master can teach us...Yota?

I believe the $5 was mention years ago, I could search it. but I believe @Butifldrm could easily answer this question, she smart as a whip...and GM DV

7 hours ago, ronscarpa said:

It's nice to be remembered by you, Chuck and a few others.

Oh yeah we haven't forgot about you my friend...you been on my mind quite a few times. Just so glad to hear from you...

• Thanks 2
  • Upvote 2

6 minutes ago, yota691 said:

I believe the $5 was mention years ago, I could search it. but I believe @Butifldrm could easily answer this question, she smart as a whip...and GM DV

Gm Yota and DV!  Yes I do believe the Petrodollar allocation to the provinces is by law $5.00 per barrel.  This law was voted into legislation in 2013 at a time when oil was at a much higher price per barrel.  I don't believe any of the provinces have ever received the legal allocation for either oil nor gas.  Abadi, has always wanted to amend this law and have the allocations to the provinces done by a percentage, especially since the price per barrel has depreciated tremendously.  

Haidar Abadi: There is no intention to cancel the petrodollar allocations for the oil-producing provinces

By

rami

-

August 15, 2017

Prime Minister Haider Abadi, on Tuesday, there is no intention to cancel the petrodollar allocations for the oil-producing provinces, while pointing to the existence of Iraqi-German cooperation in the development of ports in the province of Basra.
Abadi said in his weekly press conference that “we seek to amend the petrodollar to be a percentage and not a fixed price for the instability of oil prices,” stressing that “there is no intention to cancel the petrodollar allocations for the oil-producing provinces.”
In a separate context, Abbadi pointed out that “there is Iraqi-German cooperation in the development of the ports of Basra,” explaining that “out of a total of 18 projects allocated to all of Iraq from the Japanese loan there are eight projects for Basra.”
He continued that “the money spent for Basra was enormous, but went because of corruption,” adding that “the problem of Basra province is not financial allocations, but where these assignments go.”

http://en.economiciraq.com/2017/08/15/haidar-abadi-there-is-no-intention-to-cancel-the-petrodollar-allocations-for-the-oil-producing-provinces/

• Thanks 1
  • Upvote 8

07-01-2018 12:17 PM

For a balance without spending .. Deputy: Petrodollar right stoned for years

image.php?token=268f2a8bb0de42961921c0ba0f08bc8b&size=

MP of the coalition of the rule of law Zeinab al-Khazraji, on Sunday, to include the rights of oil-producing provinces of the petrodollar within the budget this year.

Al-Khazraji said in a statement to Ashqaf News that if the budget of the current year does not include the petrodollar maturity, the failure to approve the budget is better than approving it, because they will not vote on the budget, which is not equal to the price of the paper on which the budget was printed.

She added that 'provincial oil-producing provinces adhere to this constitutional right, away from any election propaganda as some try to confuse papers and call the claim of petrodollar election propaganda, because this is not true and can not be tolerated more.'

She added that 'the budget of the country comes from the provinces of the south and is marginalized and suffer deterioration in the reality of service, health and education, not to mention the interruption of projects because of lack of material liquidity, especially that there are projects have collapsed despite claims to the federal government but to no avail.'

Al-Khazraji pointed out that 'the budget of the current year will not be like the previous budgets of previous years, which robbed the right of the petrodollar, so we are determined to include this right and half of the southern provinces producing oil'.

"If we do not give this stolen right, we will not pass the budget," she said, pointing out that "not to approve it is better than approval, because of the lack of constitutional right, which was robbed us for years despite the large claims."

http://www.ikhnews.com/index.php?page=article&id=163613

• Upvote 6

Thanks for your dilligence, Yota, Butifldrm!     I guess the REAL question is:  

Is the petrodollar allocation, in any form, part of the elusive HCL or just a separate promise to the people.  With all of the exciting news of late, word of the HCL Holy Grail has been near nonexistent.  Sounds like some want it included in the budget.  BTW, if anyone starts a pool, my guess is 4.0%.  

Go HCL.

• Thanks 1
  • Upvote 2

1 hour ago, fnbplanet said:

Thanks for your dilligence, Yota, Butifldrm!     I guess the REAL question is:  

Is the petrodollar allocation, in any form, part of the elusive HCL or just a separate promise to the people.  With all of the exciting news of late, word of the HCL Holy Grail has been near nonexistent.  Sounds like some want it included in the budget.  BTW, if anyone starts a pool, my guess is 4.0%.  

Go HCL.

fnbplanet, IMO, HCL has always been the linchpin to Iraq's economic success and yes HCL should address oil revenue sharing among the provinces.  Iraq being the dysfunctional democracy of the middle east, just can't get their shiite together and get this legislation done.  In 2013 Parliament passed the Law 21 the Provincial Law in which it included the revenue sharing of the Petrodollar, but as most complain non of the provinces have ever received their legal share allocations.  Even today their are some deputies who say they will not vote on the 2018 budget unless these legal allocations are included in the budget.  Here is a great article that explains:

• A-.png
2017/08/08 (00:01 PM)   -   Number of readings: 1270   -   Issue (3990)

The drop in the petrodollar was due to a drop in oil revenues
The drop in the petrodollar was due to a drop in oil revenues

 Baghdad / Zahraa al-Jassim 

At the time considered the oil and gas committee in the provincial council of Basra, the proposal to amend the federal budget paragraphs to eliminate the paragraph on petrodollar revenues and reduce the budget of the development of regions will lose the province of more than 90% of its budget and make it very embarrassing to the companies executing projects, The amendment came on the basis of the decline in the state's financial revenues due to the collapse of oil prices and the low returns, at the time emphasizes an expert on economic affairs need to be partially modified in the budget paragraphs relating to petrodollar revenues, commensurate with the size and production of the corset A that the disbursement of funds under the supervision of the government, because the basic problem is how to manage these funds through Iyad fair.
At the time considered the oil and gas committee in the provincial council of Basra, the proposal to amend the federal budget paragraphs to eliminate the paragraph on petrodollar revenues and reduce the budget of the development of regions will lose the province of more than 90% of its budget and make it very embarrassing to the companies executing projects, The amendment came on the basis of the decline in the revenues of the state financial result of the collapse of oil prices and low returns, at the time emphasizes an expert on economic affairs need to be partially modified in the budget paragraphs relating to petrodollar revenues, commensurate with the size of the province and production, That the disbursement of funds under the supervision of the government, because the basic problem is how to manage these funds through Iyad fair.
Under the petrodollar revenues paragraph, oil producing provinces are given $ 5 per barrel of oil, in addition to a financial ratio for natural gas produced in the province, which is included in the Federal Budget Law, which has not stabilized. Only one, amid the objection and protest and the threat of oil-producing provinces, which forced the return to the amount of five dollars, to return at the beginning of the adoption of the budget of 2017 attempts to replace five dollars (5%) of each barrel of oil, which is contrary to the text of the Petrodollar, Other Tdjaja deputies and a threat to the provinces of Basra, Maysan, Dhi Qar and Wasit not vote on the budget at the time the law.
Chairman of the Committee on Oil and Gas in the province of Basra, Ali Shaddad Knight, believes that the recent proposal to amend the paragraphs of the federal budget, which includes the abolition of the paragraph on petrodollar revenues and reduce the budget of the development of regions will lose the province more than 90% of its budget and make them in a huge embarrassment to the companies executing projects, In the press statements recently, that the province of Basra relied heavily on petrodollar imports in the preparation of its annual plan, especially that the development budget of the provinces amounted to (38 billion dinars), while the allocations of petrodollars amounted to (297 billion dinars) and in the light of the recent amendment, The Basra Governorate does not exceed 10% of its financial benefits, revealing at the same time, the formation of a joint committee of the provincial council and the Diwan of the province and representatives of Basra in the House of Representatives to discuss the issue with the Prime Minister and to inform him of serious repercussions on the general situation in the city of Basra.
But a member of the parliamentary economic committee Najeeb Najib confirmed in an interview for (the extent), that the reasons for the amendment of the paragraph on petrodollar revenues and reduce the proportion of development of regions in the amended budget law for the year 2017, due to the lack of financial revenues of the state as a result of the collapse of oil prices and low oil revenues, , That this is the real reason for the government to make any amendment or non-application of petrodollar in the public budget and not unfair as some see it.
Najib pointed out that the issue of the semi-oil producing provinces is not obstructed, and we are with the half of those provinces because they are environmentally damaged because they contain a lot of oil and gas reservoirs. Therefore, important projects must be set up according to their huge oil reserves. We are concerned with the implementation of the budget law, which stipulates five dollars per barrel, according to the petrodollar revenues of the provinces, but we emphasize that the real problem behind the non-payment of funds to these provinces or the adjustment of budget paragraphs due to the lack of IRA Oil data, thus the lack of state financial revenues.
For his part, economic expert Bassem Antoine said in an interview with (Al-Mada) that the main problem is how to manage these funds and how they can be given in honest hands. On the other hand, the provincial councils have received very large amounts of money, "However, we see the need to allocate certain sections with an audit by the Office of Financial Supervision that these amounts go to the places of payment of payment of payment obligations, whether to contractors or private sector or government projects until the problem is solved radically.
And Antoine continues: Yes, there may be no amount to meet all the obligations, but it is difficult to spend part of these amounts to the provincial councils, especially as Basra is an oil producing city and has a very important role in the process of providing the state budget with huge financial revenues, Today, all governorates have projects and obligations. This requires that the amounts be distributed fairly and according to the benefits of each governorate. Is it a productive or unproductive governorate and certain percentages, depending on the number of the population or the number of projects and the existing commitments? We support that poverty be adjusted The budget of the Petrodollar proceeds in part, and commensurate with the size of the province and its production and that there is supervision by the government in the process of disbursement and to spend on places and projects really useful to the province so as not to waste.
To that, specialists see that the handover of the oil-producing provinces of petrodollars can help to invest these amounts in dealing with the economic problems they suffer and to improve their economic and living conditions, which can be used to rehabilitate the infrastructure of these governorates of electricity, water, transport, communications and housing. , And the establishment of various economic projects will help in the absorption of unemployment and reduce its proportion in the provinces, and this will affect the advancement of economy and development. 
The Iraqi federal budget for 2017, 100 trillion (84.7 billion dollars), and the expected deficit 21 trillion (17.7 billion dollars), which required the government to add the supplementary budget

http://www.almadapaper.net/ar/news/534273/الاقتصادية-البرلمانية-إلغاء-البترودولار-

• Thanks 1
  • Upvote 3

Butifldrm, thanks for your efforts!  I hope others here continue to gain a better understanding of how this "process" is unfolding.  Years from now, when the books have been written about this, when we pass this experience down to our loved ones, this knowledge, this understanding of the journey, will be our guide.  Thank you to all DV members for continuing to contribute to our knowledge base.  

See y'all soon at the finish line!

• Thanks 2
  • Upvote 6

17 hours ago, ronscarpa said:

Thanks Chuck...Bless you...!  All is well with us and I trust with you also.

I've been gone less than a year - I think...LOL..!

I got tired of posting and reading - just followed the CBI for awhile. 

Turned 75 in December, and figured it will happen when it happens.

Otherwise, still busy as ever feeding the needy - needing more hours in the day.

I know what you mean, I have not posted like I use to . Hoping this is the year.  

• Like 1
  • Upvote 2

15 hours ago, ladyGrace'sDaddy said:

Well good day to ya my friend, long time no hear. I've thought about giving you a call from time to time but been rather busy myself what with a new baby and all.

Hope that all is well with you and the misses. Good to see ya back, :tiphat:

Thanks LGD...Bless you..! :B) RON

• Like 1
  • Upvote 3

5 hours ago, fnbplanet said:

Butifldrm, thanks for your efforts!  I hope others here continue to gain a better understanding of how this "process" is unfolding.  Years from now, when the books have been written about this, when we pass this experience down to our loved ones, this knowledge, this understanding of the journey, will be our guide.  Thank you to all DV members for continuing to contribute to our knowledge base.  

See y'all soon at the finish line!

OH fnbplanet, there is one more thing I found very important this week!  How can the Petrodollar allocations not be implemented, when the Federal courts came out with this ruling? https://gulfanalysis.wordpress.com/2013/06/27/provincial-powers-law-revisions-elections-results-for-anbar-and-nineveh-is-iraq-headed-for-complete-disintegration/

documents .. The court decides the complaint of Parliament not to implement its laws by government institutions

Documents .. The court decides on the complaint of Parliament not to implement its laws by government institutions

Twilight News    

44 minutes ago

The Federal Court of Iraq on Monday showed its position that it is not possible to disrupt the laws in force under the pretext of appeal or constitutionality. 

The Iraqi parliament sent a request to clarify to the court, that the legislated laws do not find their way to implement from some institutions of the executive government on the pretext of challenging them. 

However, the court said in a clarification and response to the twilight of News, that the directions in accordance with the judgment issued by the number (75/2015) confirms that the laws remain binding and enforceable by the authorities even if the object of challenging their unconstitutionality. 

"In this regard, she referred to Article 129 of the Constitution, which stipulates that" the laws shall be published in the Official Gazette and shall come into effect from the date of their publication unless otherwise specified. " 

"The ruling confirmed that the law contested before the Federal Supreme Court remains in force unless otherwise stated in its board, or a decision of the Federal Supreme Court to stop its implementation."

• Like 1
  • Upvote 3

Butifldrm, and all,

Interesting item from your link above, 

Article 44: Revenues for the governorates are for the first time specified in law (rather than being the subject of annual budget negotiations). This includes 5 petrodollars per barrel of oil or 150 cubic metres of natural gas. Various potential taxes are mentioned, including the right of governorates to tax companies for damages to the environment.

Now THAT raises some questions, doesn't it?  The $5 per barrel (not a percentage, like Abadi wants) is what they should have already been getting for years now?  The $5 is NOT part of the HCL, as it's already law (unless there's a secret HCL that they passed before June, 2013)?  It certainly is NOT a matter of contention for the 2018 budget, if this is true.

Thank you for the incredible research!!   As happens frequently, even more questions arise.....

• Upvote 4

1 hour ago, yota691 said:

Thanks @Butifldrm :hug::bow::tiphat:

58 minutes ago, fnbplanet said:

Butifldrm, and all,

Interesting item from your link above, 

Article 44: Revenues for the governorates are for the first time specified in law (rather than being the subject of annual budget negotiations). This includes 5 petrodollars per barrel of oil or 150 cubic metres of natural gas. Various potential taxes are mentioned, including the right of governorates to tax companies for damages to the environment.

Now THAT raises some questions, doesn't it?  The $5 per barrel (not a percentage, like Abadi wants) is what they should have already been getting for years now?  The $5 is NOT part of the HCL, as it's already law (unless there's a secret HCL that they passed before June, 2013)?  It certainly is NOT a matter of contention for the 2018 budget, if this is true.

Thank you for the incredible research!!   As happens frequently, even more questions arise.....

Yota, fnbplanet we have been doing this a long time.  Sometimes I forget what I have learned and it's good to go back and re-examine.  Thanks for nudging me to do so.  Today it appears that there are members of parliament that will not vote on the budget due to the lack of Petrodollar allocations in the budget.  We will see how this turns out....but just by a hypothesis I have, maybe just maybe, They, the GOI are working on HCL and that legislation could be passed not within this Parliament session but, maybe the next. Problems need to be worked out with with Kurdistan first.  Now we are seeing problems erupting in Basra. There is a lot of pressure on the GOI right now.  Iraq is asking for international investment for development and not having a Hydrocarbon Law enacted could be to a disadvantage!

• Upvote 4

The biggest part of the hcl is not the allocations to the citizens as has been pointed out by yota and butifldrm, its the actual ownership of the wells in regards to the disputed territories and the kurdistan region. There have been two drafts of the hcl one in 2007 i think and one in 2011. Both i believe have had 2 readings but have not come back for a vote. The kurds want the wells that they have discovered or were producing before 2005 and the goi is saying no way, because the constitution states that all oil belongs to the iraqi's , but the crazy thing is , is that they have agreed to this before the constitution was written and voted on. The kurds wanted this so that way if things went wrong in iraq they at least knew they could support themselves. This is a huge part of the disputed territories also. The oil producing provinces are not asking for ownership of the wells just a larger cut of the pie because the gas producing regions will get the same when the flaring of gas stops and they are producing gas in those provinces. Also, when maliki was pm i cant remember which budget it was but he allocated the 5 dollars per barrel of oil to the provinces and the gas also x amount of money per cubic foot of gas produced. Of course that never happened. The law 21 amended of 2008 does state the allocation of petro dollars to the regions and that does also include the kurdistan region. Also the hcl problem was that the kurds did not want it ran by somo because that was run by baghdad and it had no representatives from the provinces or kurdistan on its board. Now the new oil law, gas law, oil company law, and gas company law is supposed to have reps from every province on it and the only thing the kurds are objecting to is that they do not want the prime minister to be the head of some of these boards. Its not because they dont like abadi , its because these boards should be ran by independent people not the heads of the country. So really i dont know if we are going to see these laws before the elections. I kind of doubt it beings they are having a hard time just passing the elections laws and the date for the elections themselves. ;)

• Thanks 1
  • Upvote 6

Deputy: The presentation of the laws of the budget and elections in Sunday's session is to shed the ash in the eyes

Since 2018-01-10 at 09:11 (Baghdad time)

maxresdefault.jpg

Baghdad Mawazine News

MP Mansour al-Baiji, on Wednesday, introduced the laws of the budget and elections on the agenda of the session on Sunday is to shed the ash in the eyes no more, stressing the continuing differences over those laws.

"The presentation of the laws of the budget and elections on the agenda of the session on Sunday is to shed the ashes in the eyes no more," said Baiji in a statement received "Mawazine News / copy of it," stressing that "differences continue between the political blocs on those laws and there are no signs to resolve the crisis especially And that each political bloc looking for its own interests and factional away from the interest of the country. "

He explained that "the political process in the country was built on the basis of quotas and compatibility and interests of political parties and blocs, and because of this we have reached the financial and administrative corruption and disruption of the important laws within the House of Representatives."

Al-Baiji said that "this tug on the law of the budget and elections from some of the political blocs just electoral propaganda, especially as we are coming to the elections during the few months, so was fabricated this crisis and disrupt the work of Parliament whenever these laws."

And that "with the approaching date of elections increased demands of political blocs and pressure towards the laws that have electoral propaganda, which leads to the disruption because of the demands of many blocks, as now happened in the budget law."

He added that "if it remains on what is the height of the tension and attraction in respect of these important and sensitive laws, the House of Representatives will not legislate nor the law will spend the remaining time of the life of the parliament political conflicts and this is borne by all the political blocs because of their differences and the fact that reflected negatively on the work of the Council Deputies "

• Upvote 1

Presidency of the Parliament meets next Sunday with the heads of blocs to discuss the laws of the budget and elections

The presidency of the parliament will meet next Sunday with the heads of blocs to discuss the laws of the budget and elections

Twilight News   

53 minutes ago

Shafaq News / The Iraqi parliament on 14 of this month set a date to discuss the law of the budget and elections with the heads of parliamentary blocs.

According to a book for the presidency of the parliament was circulated to the heads of blocks, the meeting will be held at 11 am in the Constitutional Hall to discuss the federal budget for 2018, and the election law and the problems that occurred in the House of Representatives.

In this regard, MP Rehab Abouda, commenting on the meeting, said that "the pre-final part of the play to postpone the elections."

"This is despite the fact that the Electoral Commission has announced that 1/20 should receive the budget so that it can complete its preparations for the elections."

• Upvote 1