Jump to content

Recommended Posts

Thanks al, my granmda agrees, actually shes been tryin to tell ya for that past 9 years that ya needa rv..anyways her next question is how much is the fixed rate...she said shes gna take a nap and when she gets back she wantsta see that fixed "rate baby". 

  • Upvote 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
 

Iraq’s central bank governor Ali al-Alaq said on Tuesday that the bank’s reserves of foreign currency amounted to 48 billion dollars, pointing out that Iraq will not resort to floating the currency.
“The central bank reserves of foreign currency currently amount to 48 billion dollars,” al-Alak said in a statement to the African-Arab newspaper.
“Iraq, which is one of the oil countries depends on a fixed exchange rate, or fixed with flexibility, and does not resort to the method of flotation, unless their reserves are controlled to a level without enough, which did not happen either in Iraq or other oil countries.”
“The flotation is difficult to apply in Iraq, considering that the government, de facto, monopoly the offer of the dollar and foreign currencies.”
The floating currency is to make the exchange rate of this currency fully liberalized, so that the government or central bank does not interfere in determining it directly, but is automatically discharged in the currency market through the mechanism of supply and demand, which allows to determine the exchange rate of the national currency against foreign currencies.
Floating exchange rates fluctuate constantly with every change in supply and demand for foreign currencies, so they can change several times per day.

  • Thanks 1
  • Upvote 6

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
 Economic development  26-12-2017  14:28  0  410
 

Iraq reveals its reserves of hard currency

 
   
 
img
 
 

Iraq's central bank governor Ali al-Alaq said on Tuesday that the bank's reserves of foreign currency amounted to 48 billion dollars, pointing out that Iraq will not resort to floating the currency.

"The central bank reserves of foreign currency currently amount to 48 billion dollars," al-Alak said in a press statement Tuesday. He added that "Iraq, which is one of the oil states depends on a fixed exchange rate, or fixed with flexibility, and does not resort to the method of floating, unless their reserves are controlled to a level without enough, which did not happen either in Iraq or other oil countries."

"The flotation is difficult to apply in Iraq, considering that the government, de facto, monopoly the offer of the dollar and foreign currencies."

The floating currency is to make the exchange rate of this currency fully liberalized, so that the government or central bank does not interfere in determining it directly, but is automatically discharged in the currency market through the mechanism of supply and demand, which allows to determine the exchange rate of the national currency against foreign currencies.

 

Floating exchange rates fluctuate constantly with every change in supply and demand for foreign currencies, so they can change several times per day.

  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Upvote 12

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

There ya go Kapistrami...put that in your pipe and smoke it !   :lol:

 

Thank you so much Yota for your tireless effort in bringing us the news

  • Thanks 2
  • Upvote 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, HowieC said:

There ya go Kapistrami...put that in your pipe and smoke it !   :lol:

 

Thank you so much Yota for your tireless effort in bringing us the news

Thanks Yota and good morning DV ! Agreed HowieC , One to One or a little better is the only way to have constant stability with the money supply...... GO RV TODAY ! :bagofmoney:

  • Thanks 1
  • Upvote 5

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, yota691 said:
 Economic development  26-12-2017  14:28  0  410
 

Iraq reveals its reserves of hard currency

 
   
 
img
 
 

Iraq's central bank governor Ali al-Alaq said on Tuesday that the bank's reserves of foreign currency amounted to 48 billion dollars, pointing out that Iraq will not resort to floating the currency.

"The central bank reserves of foreign currency currently amount to 48 billion dollars," al-Alak said in a press statement Tuesday. He added that "Iraq, which is one of the oil states depends on a fixed exchange rate, or fixed with flexibility, and does not resort to the method of floating, unless their reserves are controlled to a level without enough, which did not happen either in Iraq or other oil countries."

"The flotation is difficult to apply in Iraq, considering that the government, de facto, monopoly the offer of the dollar and foreign currencies."

The floating currency is to make the exchange rate of this currency fully liberalized, so that the government or central bank does not interfere in determining it directly, but is automatically discharged in the currency market through the mechanism of supply and demand, which allows to determine the exchange rate of the national currency against foreign currencies.

 

Floating exchange rates fluctuate constantly with every change in supply and demand for foreign currencies, so they can change several times per day.

 

Dang, this thing has to be ready to pop at anytime!  


Thanks Yota!

  • Upvote 6

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, HowieC said:

There ya go Kapistrami...put that in your pipe and smoke it !   :lol:

 

Thank you so much Yota for your tireless effort in bringing us the news

 

I wonder just how many times they have to plainly state this before he admits he’s wrong..?   :lol:

  • Upvote 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

 

On 12/24/2017 at 3:59 AM, yota691 said:

Central Bank: It is difficult to apply dinar float in Iraq

Difficult yes, but not impossible to apply the float in Iraq. 

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
29 minutes ago, Half Crazy Runner said:

 

I wonder just how many times they have to plainly state this before he admits he’s wrong..?   :lol:

 

Yep That's right . . . All Hail the Fool King of the Gurus . . .KRAPERBALONEY  !  :wacko:

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Shedagal said:

You mean you haven't been???  LOL

Oh yea, Im on my knees every morning, I m sure the Good Lord Jesus hates the word dinar, as much as my boss! :lol:

  • Haha 4
  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Ok, we understand you (CBI) can't float the dinar in this conditions... That means you have a different plan.!

 

Looks like the CBI is planning to remove exchange control in the near future.

 

Go CBI 

Go new monetary policy 

Go RV

Go 2018

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

  • Thanks 1
  • Upvote 7

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, Laid Back said:

Ok, we understand you (CBI) can't float the dinar in this conditions... That means you have a different plan.!

 

Looks like the CBI is planning to remove exchange control in the near future.

 

Go CBI 

Go new monetary policy 

Go RV

Go 2018

 

I agree, Laid Back, Brother! Hope Your Christmas Season is Enjoyable!:tiphat:

 

With the recent talk of eliminating the daily currency auctions and their corruption, what else can they do but ReInstate/ReValue the IQD if they have said the float is not a preferred action?

 

Going to the “open economy” from the “closed economy” to go to an internationally traded IQD would eliminate the daily currency auctions with the associated corruption and rocket the reconstruction and economic development in Iraq!

 

Eliminating the daily currency auctions is projected to occur in the first quarter of 2018. I suspect their is international “encouragement” to not deploy the word “soon” here!

 

Lookin’ Good!

 

Go Moola Nova!

:pirateship:

  • Thanks 3
  • Upvote 7

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 minutes ago, Synopsis said:

I suspect their is international “encouragement” to not deploy the word “soon” here!

 

They more likely gave them the date .....and "1st quarter" is rather vague on purpose.

  • Upvote 5

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, DinarDavo said:

 

They more likely gave them the date .....and "1st quarter" is rather vague on purpose.

 

:twothumbs: DinarDavo, Brother! I trust Your Christmas Season with Your Family is enjoyable and memorable! :tiphat:

 

Go Moola Nova!

:pirateship:

  • Thanks 1
  • Upvote 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Synopsis said:

 

:twothumbs: DinarDavo, Brother! I trust Your Christmas Season with Your Family is enjoyable and memorable! :tiphat:

 

Go Moola Nova!

:pirateship:

 

Thanks Synopsis....Christmas was rather low-keyed for us.....all good though. Hoping for a very prosperous New Year for all Dinarians! Blessings to you and yours!

  • Upvote 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
43 minutes ago, DinarDavo said:

 

They more likely gave them the date .....and "1st quarter" is rather vague on purpose.

 

I’m thinking you’re right, and “1st quarter” is definitely an improvement over the vague idea of “soon”. I’ll take it!! 

:crossedfingers:

  • Upvote 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

They seem to be actually talking about "currency exchange", that means there is a chance!  That's why we speculate....because there is a chance! 

Here's to wishing all DV'ers a Happy AND prosperous New Year!    :pirateship:

  • Thanks 3
  • Upvote 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 12/24/2017 at 5:49 PM, DinarThug said:

Alalak": 48 billion dollars cash reserve current central Iraqi

"Alalak": 48 billion dollars cash reserve current central Iraqi
Governor of the Central Bank of Iraq on the links
 
 24 December 2017 04:58 PM
Mubasher : The governor of the Central Bank of Iraq, the cash reserve for Iraq is currently 48 billion US dollars (equivalent to 57.5 trillion Iraqi dinars).

Ali al-Alaq said in an interview with the newspaper "Arab African" Iraqi, that the Iraqi Central bought treasury bills worth 16 trillion dinars during 2015 and 2016, to provide liquidity to control the economic and financial performance in Iraq.

The bank, in cooperation with the Ministry of Finance and in direct coordination with the Prime Minister, has managed to reduce government spending and increase some domestic revenues, which contributed to reducing the deficit gap.

The Governor of the Central Iraqi, that in the past two years, the dollar revenues from Iraqi oil exports decreased by about 50%.

Al-Alak added, "This has put great pressure on monetary policy, with government spending not falling by the same percentage, which has put pressure on foreign currency to cover this difference."

He pointed out that the accumulated reserves of the bank for previous years, was able to absorb that shock, in addition to controlling the balance between the exchange rate and reserves and inflation, noting that the reserves of the bank began to rise gradually.

Iraq is mainly dependent on the management of its foreign currency resources on its oil exports.

It is worth mentioning that the dialogue of relations with the Iraqi newspaper , also discussed the talk of floating the Iraqi dinar, the procedures of the Iraqi Central to achieve financial and economic stability in the country, and Baghdad's efforts to achieve the concept of "financial inclusion" and its applications.

LINK

 

The dollar falls against the dinar on the Iraqi bourse

The dollar falls against the dinar on the Iraqi bourse

34 mins ago

 
The exchange rate of the dollar on Tuesday, a decrease against the dinar, in foreign currency market transactions in Iraq.

The price of selling the dollar in the Kifah Exchange in Baghdad today 124 thousand and 800 dinars and the purchase price 124 thousand and 700 dinars compared to $ 100, while yesterday scored 125 thousand and 200 dinars and the purchase price 125 thousand and 150 dinars compared to $ 100.

The price of the sale of the dollar on the Arbil Stock Exchange today 125 thousand and 300 dinars, the purchase price 125 thousand and 250 dinars compared to $ 100, while yesterday scored 125 thousand and 600 dinars, and the purchase price 125 thousand and 550 dinars to 100 dollars.

The sale price on the Basra Stock Exchange was 125 thousand and 100 dinars, and the purchase price 125 thousand and 50 dinars compared to 100 dollars, while yesterday recorded 125 thousand and 300 dinars, and the purchase price 125 thousand and 250 dinars to 100 dollars.

LINK

  • Thanks 4
  • Upvote 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
33 minutes ago, Officiallytook said:

Would you guys classify this as Education to the people???

 

Perhaps so . . . on another note: If the population hasn't figured it all out by now after nearly 15 years, well, they might as well go back to bartering with Goats and whatever else they have on hand.

The Iraqi population at large is much more savvy than the mob of No Show, Inbred Mutant Screw Head, Hapless Sand Bagging Grafter Oxygen Thieves that occupy the Parliament building.

 

As with all governments, their cynical viewpoint towards the entire population is " stupid and clueless " -

 

Granted, there will always be a certain segment of any countries' population that is " dummer than a bag of burnt hair " - - - Things are what they are.

  • Thanks 2
  • Upvote 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Well KAP just took another DUMP.......Hope Santa brought him plenty of new underwear,,,he going to need them,,,,he may want to invest in a case of depends.

  • Haha 6

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.