Guest views are now limited to 12 pages. If you get an "Error" message, just sign in! If you need to create an account, click here.

• CRYPTO REWARDS!

Full endorsement on this opportunity - but it's limited, so get in while you can!

CBI News 12/18/2017

yota691

December 18, 2017
The Governor of the Central Bank delivers certificates of participation of the advanced banking system

The Governor of the Central Bank of Iraq, Mr. Ali Mohsen Ismail, handed over the certificates of participation to a number of employees of government and private banks after passing a course in the advanced banking system and also in the subjects of combating money laundering and terrorism financing and tax compliance law.

The governor said during a speech that such participations by the cadres of all Iraqi banks will be reflected positively on the banking reality in order to achieve the desired goals, including real integration between all banks and access to the application of the best modern technologies that serve the citizen.

file-151359364782302.jpg

file-151359367871155.jpg

file-151359370932829.jpg

• Upvote 4

Gold moves in tight range with the strength of the dollar

From 2017-12-18 at 13:17 (Baghdad time)

4.jpg

Follow up of Mawazine News

Gold moved in tight range on Monday and was under pressure from the strength of equities and the dollar as the US tax reform plan came a step closer to its adoption.

Gold rose 0.1 percent to $ 1256.52 an ounce by 0734 GMT. The yellow metal increased similarly in US futures contracts to $ 1259.30 an ounce.

The dollar gained modest gains on Monday after receiving support from comments by top Republican officials who expected Congress to approve tax reforms this week. The bill could be voted on Tuesday and US President Donald Trump wants to sign it before the end of this week.

Shares in Asia rose as Wall Street climbed to record highs with expectations of a tax bill.

Among other precious metals, silver rose 0.1 percent to $ 16.06 an ounce, while palladium stabilized at $ 1022.35 an ounce.

Platinum rose 0.6 percent to its highest level since Dec. 8 at $ 898.90 per ounce

• Like 1
  • Upvote 5

4389.jpg

Economy News Baghdad:

The Governor of the Central Bank, Ali Alalak, that the participation of banking cadres in the training courses will be reflected positively on the banking sector.

"The Governor of the Central Bank of Iraq Ali Alalak handed certificates of participation to a number of employees of public and private banks after passing a course in the advanced banking system and also in the topics of combating money laundering and financing of terrorism and tax compliance law," the central bank said in a press statement.

The statement quoted the relations as saying that "such participation by the cadres of all Iraqi banks will be reflected positively on the banking reality in order to achieve the desired goals, including real integration between all banks and access to the application of the best modern technologies that serve the citizen."

Views 264   Date Added 12/18/2017

• Upvote 8

Looks like the Iraqi banking system is getting ready for something BIG next year.!

-IBAN

-RTGS

-ISO certified 

-Central bank governor hosted by UN Security Council 

-Fighting corruption, money laundering and terrorism support

-Meetings

-Conferences 

-Trainings 

-Support  from IMF, UST, IRS, WB, UN, BIS

This is just a short list from the top of my mind.

Go CBI

Go new monetary policy 

Go RV

Go $1:1

Go 2018

• Thanks 3
  • Upvote 10

2 hours ago, Laid Back said:

Looks like the Iraqi banking system is getting ready for something BIG next year.!

-IBAN

-RTGS

-ISO certified 

-Fighting corruption, money laundering and terrorism support system" rel="">support

-Meetings

-Conferences 

-Trainings 

Go CBI

Go new monetary policy 

Go RV

Go 2018

Big things might be planned for next year in Iraq but it wpuld nice if those Big things could round out 2017 ... ☺

• Thanks 1
  • Upvote 6

2 hours ago, Laid Back said:

-IBAN

-RTGS

-ISO certified 

-Fighting corruption, money laundering and terrorism support system" rel="">support

-Meetings

-Conferences 

-Trainings 

Go CBI

Go new monetary policy 

Go RV

Go 2018

I agree but I’ve been at this game since 2004 and it’s time to fish or cut bait.

If there’s no RV before the New Year or a bit after, I’m decreasing my IQD exposure and moving to cryptocurrencies.  

I’ll keep a bit in IQD but no where near the exposure where I’m currently.

• Thanks 1
  • Upvote 4

33 minutes ago, drj said:

I agree but I’ve been at this game since 2004 and it’s time to fish or cut bait.

If there’s no RV before the New Year or a bit after, I’m decreasing my IQD exposure and moving to cryptocurrencies.  

Lets hope the only exposure we get before next year starts is the real exchange rates on the bank screens. After 9 years im more anxiously optimistic than the previous year end lol and ...if its drags into next year ima be confused. In fact, if its not over by Christmas il be seeking "what happened"..it just doesnt feel like thats going to be the case. God is so good.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

40 minutes ago, drj said:

Agreed - Well said drj.......

• Thanks 1

4 hours ago, Laid Back said:

-IBAN

-RTGS

-ISO certified 

-Meetings

-Conferences 

-Trainings 

Go CBI

Go new monetary policy 

Go RV

Go 2018

I’m bringing Pom-Poms to the RV party and you’re going to cheer on the bartender!

😁😁😁

• Thanks 1

5 hours ago, vomer said:

I always like your posts, Laid Back

Thanks my friend vomer,  :twothumbs:

2 hours ago, NoviceInvestor said:

Big things might be planned for next year in Iraq but it wpuld nice if those Big things could round out 2017 ... ☺

I hear you my friend... Too many years on this wild ride.

2 hours ago, drj said:

Totally agree drj..... I will do the same 👍🏼😊

21 minutes ago, gregp said:

I’m bringing Pom-Poms to the RV party and you’re going to cheer on the bartender!

😁😁😁

It's a deal gregp :twothumbs:

Go RV sooner than later

• Thanks 1
  • Upvote 1

You know I look at Dave Ramsey's FB page and he is a traditional play it safe investor guru type. He was saying that he doesn't think people should get into cryptos right now because it's still the wild wild west and he thinks in the future he likes the idea of it. I love his advice but glad I jumped into crypto asap. Emerging markets are where the big money is.... someone on his post commented about the dinar and how that also used to be a huge thing and to "look how that turned out" then I just kept thinking to myself the ones who have been patient in this investment are the ones who won't look back and say "why did I sell it? Why didn't I just hold onto it a little while longer?" Just my 2 cents and opinion. 

Edited by Rmc10
  • Thanks 3
  • Upvote 2

1 hour ago, Laid Back said:

Thanks my friend vomer,  :twothumbs:

I hear you my friend... Too many years on this wild ride.

Totally agree drj..... I will do the same 👍🏼😊

It's a deal gregp :twothumbs:

Go RV sooner than later

I have been in it a long time too.. but i think I will sit in the investment...Many times over I could have used the cash but manage to work through it.. It was always speculative as is crypto...the only difference is that in crypto you  can physically see and to a point control your investment, whereas with the Dinar you are at the mercy of a lethargic government thats foundering in its own sea of corruption.. JMO..

• Like 2
  • Upvote 1

The Central Bank announces the prices of gold bullion for the current week

Readers

The Central Bank announces the prices of gold bullion for the current week

19-12-2017 03:26 PM

The Euphrates -

The central bank announced the prices of gold bullion for the current week. 

The bank said in a table of prices that "a 5-ounce coin amounted to 251 thousand dinars, a rise of 1,000 dinars from last week, while the price of the alloy of 15 grams, 742 thousand dinars, up 3,000 dinars. 

"The price of a 25-gram alloy amounted to 1.255 million dinars and an increase of 4 thousand dinars, while the price of alloy 50 g 2.513 million dinars and an increase of 7 thousand dinars."

• Upvote 2

Iraqi Private Banks League Association of private banks in Iraq

The fifth day of the training course in the field of Islamic banking, currently held at the headquarters of the Association of Iraqi private banks, with the participation of 24 trainees working in banks and financial transfer companies and the Central Bank.
Image may contain: one or more people, people sitting, living room, table and indoor
LINK

Iraqi Private Banks League

MasterCard is one of the most important three major cards approved brands around the world.
No automatic alt text available.
Master Card is a high card issued
In cooperation with various economic institutions

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1