Guest views are now limited to 12 pages. If you get an "Error" message, just sign in! If you need to create an account, click here.

• CRYPTO REWARDS!

Full endorsement on this opportunity - but it's limited, so get in while you can!

Electroneum to go live by the middle of next week!

1 minute ago, pokerplayer said:

Awesome Rmc, thank you. Sometimes I just get overwhelmed with all the reading and watching Videos, some of which really did not help.

pp

I know the feeling. I sometimes have to watch 10 before I find the one I need. :D

• Upvote 1

8 hours ago, pokerplayer said:

The reason I ask is when I bought my massive .0104 BTC it said it put it in my wallet.

WOW !   off too  the sand fields of Canada !  with that  gold  :lol:   {  o.k.   how did you do it  ?     I still get the error code on id.   goofy  coinbase  has me on the lte coin box ,  but   from there is went to  the land of OZ   !   can`t  get the   coin base  too  play the game !   guess will have to set -up  Gemini  ,  and go that route !  }   I do take   hand outs  of  electronium  !   hehehehe 

How long does it take for the deposit to show up ?  What have I forgotten to do? LTE seems to like my application, on coinbase .  ( I guess while Bitcoin drops  to 13 ooo. I wait )  ... If this is connected to a cartel ,  all they have to do is cash the account numbers and collapse world markets .... 2020...  Thoughts ?

9 hours ago, jeepguy said:

How long does it take for the deposit to show up ?  

I'm not sure what 'entry point' you are asking about, but this is what I know.

Once your Coinbase account is setup (about a week when linked to a bank account) then you can buy their coin options ( right now they are Bitcoin, Bitcoin cash, Ethereum and Litecoin ). If you are buying any of these, it takes another week for the actual buy to be processed. Then you will be able to see your value on their main screen. Should you want to invest in other coins, you will have to set up a Gemini or Cryptopia (what I have). Once in Cryptopia you decide, first, what kind of coin value you are moving from Coinbase to Cryptopia. If you are moving $50 in Litecoin, then Cryptopia provides a 26 (?) digit e-address you copy, then go to Coinbase and paste that into their box option to 'send' Litecoin. Those moves usually happen in about 15 minutes. You will get a Coinbase email that funds have been sent, then you will see it appear in your 'deposits' tab in Cryptopia. Once there, you can use Litecoin to buy any of their options. It sounds complicated, but once you do it you'll be an expert. Hope this helps you or anyone else. 

Merry Christmas ALL.

2 hours ago, jeepguy said:

question too all ,  how many had to set up with a bank account to get started ?   come on don`t be shy ...

I'm trying to stay away from credit cards, that's why I used my bank. In my thinking, why pay cc interest when you're trying to make money....especially the ones selling for pennies, right??

On ‎12‎/‎22‎/‎2017 at 8:37 PM, King Bean said:

I'm trying to stay away from credit cards, that's why I used my bank. In my thinking, why pay cc interest when you're trying to make money....especially the ones selling for pennies, right??

good point  king bean ! 

• 2 weeks later...

Reports are emerging on Twitter that bank accounts in Australia associated with Bitcoin purchases are being frozen alongside transactions that users may be making to some of the country’s most popular cryptocurrency purchasing sites.

The Australian banks which have been accused of freezing accounts of Bitcoin users have been listed as the National Australia Bank, ANZ, Commonwealth Bank of Australia, and Westpac Banking Corporation. The claim was made in a tweet saying that user activity associated with certain websites (BTC Markets, CoinSpot Australia, CoinJar, and Coinbase) have been affected as triggering suspicious activity on Australian users’ bank accounts.

Reports are, however, not widespread, and it remains unclear as to why certain users seem to have been targeted.

Commonwealth Bank of Australia Spokesman said:

Our customers can interact with these currencies as long as they comply    

Similar instances of freezing bank accounts linked to cryptocurrency are not new, as there have been a number of instances reported in the US. Not to mention concerns recently in Bulgaria that banks were cracking down on exchange use in the country. Ironically, it was also seen that Australian banks had actually helped Bitcoin in the past by being slow to implement and actively boycotting the wwide use of the Apple Pay system. Coinspot Austrialia released the following statement on their site reading:

We assure you we are just as unhappy with the situation as you, but unfortunately Australian banks have been so far unwilling to work with the digital currency industry which leads to frequent account closures and strict limits on accounts whilst they remain operational, in effect debanking our industry.

CoinSpot founder Russell Wilson said he was not aware of any new widespread issue but was “monitoring” the situation. He said:

We are aware that on occasion banks will freeze payments while they clarify with their customers that the funds were not fraudulently sent from their account, this is standard best practice for the banks and protects everyone.

Australian Bitcoin Babe Bank Ban

Austrialian Bitcoin enthusiast @BitcoinBabeAU reported her own issues with Australian banks in the above tweet. She claims she is fully up to date with regulatory compliance issues, and yet she is still being, in her opinion, unfairly targeted by banks in her country. She has so far not elaborated on the specifics of her case, but her plight does highlight that banking customers are at the mercy of their account providers.

Should your bank refuse to make a payment of your money, then you are rendered powerless to access your own money. The banks’ heavy handedness in this regard only gives further fuel to those proponents of decentralized money that lie outside of institutional control, such as Bitcoin and the rest of cryptocurrency. That Australian banks are still not providing fail-safes to their customers when they fall foul of unspecified account flagging is not portraying the country’s banks in a positive manner at all.

Have you had any experience

Edited by jeepguy

15 hours ago, murd11 said:

Be careful with this investment. Takes an instant to buy but when you sell it takes up to 4 days. This is what I was warned anyway. It's  a very unproven gamble, as far as I can see.

It really depends on how you set your "sell" order. I sold some of my Ethereum at high end market rate in about an hour. The actual Sale part is really dependent on you "ask" - just like stocks. 

What takes the time is having the money deposited from your Exchange into your account.  I use Gemini as my base exchange, and it says right in their user agreement that payments to your bank account can take up to 3 business days. In my case, I sold on a Tuesday afternoon, it was in my account Thursday morning. 

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, jeepguy said:

electroneum  ,   isn`t  shooting too the sun yet ,  It  seems to have  just  stopped !    now that   ripple  has gone  nuts ! 

Electroneum is only on one obscure exchange over in New Zealand. 

When it gets listed on other exchanges it will begin to boom, once they get out of beta testing for the mobile miner it will surge. 

Once they get celebrity endorsements it will begin to move, for now buy and Hold. Stock up because I don't believe they will be this cheap this long. 

• Upvote 1

3 hours ago, jeepguy said:

electroneum  ,   isn`t  shooting too the sun yet ,  It  seems to have  just  stopped !    now that   ripple  has gone  nuts ! 

Not worried about the electroneum. It's only been around for about 2 months...and ripple has been around since 2014. It all depends on when the need the coin fills becomes a real "want."  Remember - people don't often really buy what they need, but they will more often buy what they want!

• Upvote 2