Guest views are now limited to 12 pages. If you get an "Error" message, just sign in! If you need to create an account, click here.

• CRYPTO REWARDS!

Full endorsement on this opportunity - but it's limited, so get in while you can!

US evangelical preacher should be banned from entering UK, critics say

umbertino

Opposition grows to visit by Franklin Graham, who is accused of ‘hate speech’ for remarks about Islam and *** people

Harriet Sherwood Religion correspondent

Thursday 7 December 2017 16.22 GMT

3600.jpg?w=700&q=55&auto=format&usm=12&fit=max&s=78b331fff1689741f1e95d951715de9b
Franklin Graham has called Islam ‘an evil and very wicked religion’ and said Satan is behind same-sex marriage
Photograph: Alamy Stock Photo

• Confused 1

Do these critics speak for the whole of the UK?

Conservative evangelical Christian who has made Islamophobic and anti-*** statements, with critics saying it will promote prejudice and damage interfaith relations.

Several MPs, including a government minister, have urged the home secretary to consider refusing UK entry to Franklin Graham, with some suggesting his comments contravene British laws on hate speech. A petition against Graham being granted a visa has gathered more than 4,600 signatures.

Nina Parker, the pastor of Liberty church in Blackpool and the organiser of the petition, said: “As a Christian and as a leader of a church that particularly welcomes LGBT people, I’m horrified that other local churches are inviting someone with this record of hate speech.”

Lets examine this self grandiose outrage. Islamophobia, it is not Islamophobia unless there is a irrational component to the fear of Muslims. In the US there was 9/11 (never forget that), San Bernadino Massacre, the Orlando Night Club Massacre, at least 1 attempt to blow up the towers prior to 9/11; the recent truck runnith over innocent people in NYC. There was what 2 or 3 massacres in France, how many bombings/shootings, and hacking to death, in the UK by Islamists with ties to ISIS. Gays sentenced to death in Islamic countries, then thrown off of the roof of the nearest tallest building. Corrupt Sunnis and Shittes funneling money, bribes, whatever to known Islamic Terrorist organiszations so they can carry out their dirty work in the name of Allah and the latest intifada . You don't think like me so you are infidel and deserve to die until you worship Allah like I worship Allah. Like that cultural belief is going to mesh with the culture of Western society. Yeah right.

You attempt to conflate Christians as tainted because they do not accept active practicing homosexuals. Even the woman caught in adultery was forgive of her sin, brought back into the fold of the Good Shepherds house, and told to sin no more, which is all the **** need to do, come to Christ and sin no more. How many rubies will I get for that one ? A true Christian Church conforms to the Gospels of Jesus Christ unapologetically. They hold to the 2500 year old teachings the bible has, believing all it contains from the first page to the last page of The Word of God. Which was given to all so that they may know the word of God and change them. Any Christian Church that tries to change the word of God, allow activity and life styles that the bible has spoken against since the beginning, or simply ignores the difficult sections and lessons, and does not conform to the word of the Gospel simple is not a true Christian Church.  So why should Franklin Graham, or any other person of God, not be allowed into England and profess their faith. Is the whole of England turned against Christianity? Returned to faiths that died in mid evil times.

Anyone who supports the travel ban of Mr Graham, or any similar man or woman of God, is deophobic. Deo-meaning god. phobic- meaning the irrational fear of. They also are likely descendants of those who believed apologetically that if we only appease Hitler some more that he will leave England, the Jews, and the world alone. 

1 Timothy 1:9-11New International Version (NIV)

We also know that the law is made not for the righteous but for lawbreakers and rebels, the ungodly and sinful, the unholy and irreligious, for those who kill their fathers or mothers, for murderers,10 for the sexually immoral, for those practicing homosexuality, for slave traders and liars and perjurers—and for whatever else is contrary to the sound doctrine 11 that conforms to the gospel concerning the glory of the blessed God, which he entrusted to me.

“‘Keep all my decrees and laws and follow them, so that the land where I am bringing you to live may not vomit you out.

Rev 22: 18-21

18 I warn everyone who hears the words of the prophecy of this scroll: If anyone adds anything to them, God will add to that person the plagues described in this scroll. 19 And if anyone takes words away from this scroll of prophecy, God will take away from that person any share in the tree of life and in the Holy City, which are described in this scroll.

20 He who testifies to these things says, “Yes, I am coming soon.”

Amen. Come, Lord Jesus.

21 The grace of the Lord Jesus be with God’s people. Amen.

I pray I get more rubbies that greenies for this one.  NYK

Edited by new york kevin
  • Thanks 1
  • Upvote 1