Guest views are now limited to 12 pages. If you get an "Error" message, just sign in! If you need to create an account, click here.

• CRYPTO REWARDS!

Full endorsement on this opportunity - but it's limited, so get in while you can!

Kuwait calls on countries participating in the conference to rebuild Iraq to fulfill their obligations

yota691

13 hours ago, Synopsis said:

Yeah, ChuckFinley, I don't tell people about this IQD Speculative Investment either! I believe the basis is solid but people think this is crazy and will never happen. I have told very few I am in this investment (count them on one hand) so I can slip away post event without any encumbrances.

Go Moola Nova!

:pirateship:

Same here. When I first got in I told a few family members and no one else. Now at the 15-year mark, I am really keeping a low profile. When this hits I am just going to disappear into the sunset.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 6

47 minutes ago, yota691 said:

The World Bank refuses to hand over money to the Kuwait conference for Iraq and sets a condition for its disposal

Since 2018-02-18 at 16:19 (Baghdad time)

8.jpg

Baghdad - Mawazine News

A member of the Committee on Economy and Investment Representative Amer al-Fayez, Sunday, that the news that talked about the condition of the World Bank on the survival of the funds of the donors conference under his supervision is expected, indicating that Iraq is globally diagnosed high corruption index and therefore there is fear of handing over money.

Al-Fayez said in a press statement, "The subject of the World Bank's requirement not to hand over the funds of the donor conference to the Iraqi government and keeping it under its supervision in its disbursement to the investment companies that aspire to rebuild Iraq is expected," pointing out that " Donors in Kuwait there was a condition to deposit funds in the Kuwaiti bank and disbursed in the form of payments to investment companies. "

"This is expected because Iraq is diagnosed by the countries of the world, the rise of the corruption index in it and this led to the loss of confidence in the Iraqi institutions."

The Economic Committee in the House of Representatives, earlier, that the loans granted to Iraq at the International Conference on Iraq Reconstruction, amounting to about $ 27 billion, will weigh the "burden" of the budget.

The Kuwait International Conference for the Reconstruction of Iraq was launched on Monday, February 12, 2018, and concluded on Wednesday 14 February.

Iraq also received non-sovereign loans, financing and project guarantees amounting to $ 11.61 billion, through $ 1 billion Kuwait, 0.5 reconstruction exports from Saudi Arabia, $ 5,200 billion, $ 210 million, United Kingdom, $ 3.5 billion, and 1.2 Billion dollars)

Thanks Yota, utterly SHOCKED that they would now talk about corruption. Where were they over the last 15 years I have been in this. Maybe they took note of Presidents Trump commits. The upside here is that they force Iraq to do something with their currency.

• Thanks 1
  • Upvote 4
  • Downvote 1

1 hour ago, yota691 said:

The World Bank refuses to hand over money to the Kuwait conference for Iraq and sets a condition for its disposal

Since 2018-02-18 at 16:19 (Baghdad time)

8.jpg

Baghdad - Mawazine News

A member of the Committee on Economy and Investment Representative Amer al-Fayez, Sunday, that the news that talked about the condition of the World Bank on the survival of the funds of the donors conference under his supervision is expected, indicating that Iraq is globally diagnosed high corruption index and therefore there is fear of handing over money.

Al-Fayez said in a press statement, "The subject of the World Bank's requirement not to hand over the funds of the donor conference to the Iraqi government and keeping it under its supervision in its disbursement to the investment companies that aspire to rebuild Iraq is expected," pointing out that " Donors in Kuwait there was a condition to deposit funds in the Kuwaiti bank and disbursed in the form of payments to investment companies. "

"This is expected because Iraq is diagnosed by the countries of the world, the rise of the corruption index in it and this led to the loss of confidence in the Iraqi institutions."

The Economic Committee in the House of Representatives, earlier, that the loans granted to Iraq at the International Conference on Iraq Reconstruction, amounting to about $ 27 billion, will weigh the "burden" of the budget.

The Kuwait International Conference for the Reconstruction of Iraq was launched on Monday, February 12, 2018, and concluded on Wednesday 14 February.

Iraq also received non-sovereign loans, financing and project guarantees amounting to $ 11.61 billion, through $ 1 billion Kuwait, 0.5 reconstruction exports from Saudi Arabia, $ 5,200 billion, $ 210 million, United Kingdom, $ 3.5 billion, and 1.2 Billion dollars)

This is good. I don’t think Iraq will ever be able to clean up their corruption problems. They’re going to need strict supervision with this money. 

• Upvote 2

15 hours ago, ChuckFinley said:

I agree and I am with you on that eternal optimist. It is to easy to beat yourself up on this investment. Better to be positive than to be mopping around. Like I have said before. People are going to think your dumb for being in this so no use beating yourself up. The day this RVs you will be the smartest person on the planet. LOL

I agree 💯% wholeheartedly with you Chuck.  And I will probably receive phone calls from those that weren’t willing to spend $23+/- on a single 25,000 note to put at the bottom of their underwear drawer and be patient and wait.  I’ll take the current title of dumb and be patient and wait. 

God’s Morning to Y’all ❣️❣️❣️

• Like 2
  • Upvote 5

36 minutes ago, ScaryMary said:

I agree 💯% wholeheartedly with you Chuck.  And I will probably receive phone calls from those that weren’t willing to spend $23+/- on a single 25,000 note to put at the bottom of their underwear drawer and be patient and wait.  I’ll take the current title of dumb and be patient and wait. 

Hey ScaryMary, hope you are having a great day.  I guess we are all looking forward to the end of this ride. :lol:

• Like 2
  • Upvote 2

19 minutes ago, yota691 said:

Go to see some positive remarks from you and few others...Thank you so much..The negativity and the name calling boiling over get old...

You can add the Neganator too. Dropping Red Bombs on everything and everyone. Been a rough ride and there is no need to create a negative environment.  

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Upvote 3

Corruption fears prevent the World Bank from handing over the money of the Kuwait conference to the Iraqi government

Member of the parliamentary economy: expected ...

18/02/2018 - 22:58

Corruption fears prevent the World Bank from handing over the money of the Kuwait conference to the Iraqi government

Al-Fayez said in a press statement that "the subject of the World Bank's requirement not to hand over the funds of the donor conference to the Iraqi government and keeping it under his supervision in the disbursement of investment companies that aspire to the reconstruction of Iraq is expected," pointing out that "at the beginning of the donor conference in Kuwait, To deposit money in the Kuwaiti bank and disbursed in the form of payments to investment companies. "

Adding that "this is expected because Iraq is diagnosed by the countries of the world high corruption index in this and led to loss of confidence in Iraqi institutions."

The Economic Committee in the Iraqi parliament, earlier, that the loans granted to Iraq at the International Conference on Iraq Reconstruction, amounting to about $ 27 billion, will weigh the "burden" of the budget.

The Kuwait International Conference for the Reconstruction of Iraq began in Kuwait on Monday 12 February 2018 and lasted until the 14th.

• Thanks 2
  • Haha 1
  • Upvote 1

8 hours ago, ChuckFinley said:

Thanks Yota, utterly SHOCKED that they would now talk about corruption. Where were they over the last 15 years I have been in this. Maybe they took note of Presidents Trump commits. The upside here is that they force Iraq to do something with their currency.

8 hours ago, ScaryMary said:

The Best Of Your Evening To You, ChuckFinley and ScaryMary!!! :tiphat:

Possibly Iraq having to do something with their currency was initially why the "Donor" route was taken to eliminate the "Donor" option up front and speed the whole process up. I am still looking toward early March when Abadi announces the contracts are going to be let and to see if some or all of them would be paid in IQD. For the reconstruction to be unhindered and relatively corruption free, I just do not see the "closed economy" with the once a week day currency auctions to suffice to timely meet the monetary requirements to fund the reconstruction (without corruption) especially with all the foreign companies and investors.The only other option appears to be for Iraq to go to an "open economy" with real time international monetary exchanges (with, potentially a RIed/RVed currency) thus eliminating the once a week day currency auctions with the associated corruption.

I am specifically eliminating the option for "new found friends" and other "extended relatives" who are not supposed to know anything about what I did. I can imagine the demands, whining, and crying about how unfair things are that the new found wind fall is their's, too. Yeah, right. I agree with the nominal investment to eventually have a nice bump. Nominally 1,000,000 IQD could be had for 1,000 USD. Only four purchases of nominally 250 USD would be needed over time to hold 1,000,000 IQD. This is likely at least a hundred fold increase and could be much more after the IQD RI/RV. If the "new found friends" and "extended relatives" didn't do anything for themselves now or even knew about this IQD speculative investment, they for certain are not "entitled" to any of the windfall I enjoy and especially they are not "entitled" to know anything about my business.

Oh, Yeah, I'll make things happen to help folks and various organizations out - Anonymously and SOLELY at my discretion. No doubt about it.

And, a very noteworthy item, a Big Thank You, Yota, for keeping us up to the date on informed on all the things that surround the dealings with this investment!!!

:tiphat:       :tiphat:       :tiphat:

Go Moola Nova!

• Like 2
  • Upvote 5

8 hours ago, Synopsis said:

The Best Of Your Evening To You, ChuckFinley and ScaryMary!!! :tiphat:

Possibly Iraq having to do something with their currency was initially why the "Donor" route was taken to eliminate the "Donor" option up front and speed the whole process up. I am still looking toward early March when Abadi announces the contracts are going to be let and to see if some or all of them would be paid in IQD. For the reconstruction to be unhindered and relatively corruption free, I just do not see the "closed economy" with the once a week day currency auctions to suffice to timely meet the monetary requirements to fund the reconstruction (without corruption) especially with all the foreign companies and investors.The only other option appears to be for Iraq to go to an "open economy" with real time international monetary exchanges (with, potentially a RIed/RVed currency) thus eliminating the once a week day currency auctions with the associated corruption.

I am specifically eliminating the option for "new found friends" and other "extended relatives" who are not supposed to know anything about what I did. I can imagine the demands, whining, and crying about how unfair things are that the new found wind fall is their's, too. Yeah, right. I agree with the nominal investment to eventually have a nice bump. Nominally 1,000,000 IQD could be had for 1,000 USD. Only four purchases of nominally 250 USD would be needed over time to hold 1,000,000 IQD. This is likely at least a hundred fold increase and could be much more after the IQD RI/RV. If the "new found friends" and "extended relatives" didn't do anything for themselves now or even knew about this IQD speculative investment, they for certain are not "entitled" to any of the windfall I enjoy and especially they are not "entitled" to know anything about my business.

Oh, Yeah, I'll make things happen to help folks and various organizations out - Anonymously and SOLELY at my discretion. No doubt about it.

And, a very noteworthy item, a Big Thank You, Yota, for keeping us up to the date on informed on all the things that surround the dealings with this investment!!!

:tiphat:       :tiphat:       :tiphat:

Go Moola Nova!

Know exactly what you mean.  I am going to disappear intothe sunset while exploring new friendships and business opportunities with this group.  

• Upvote 2

19-02-2018 11:42 AM
image.php?token=51343e50f87cb218543e58f8b5b6268e&size=

The New York Times reported on the Iraq reconstruction conference held in Kuwait, saying it was heading for 'failure', usually a 'humiliating blow' to the federal government headed by Haider al-Abadi . 

"Iraq has destroyed a war with extremists who are calling for the destruction of cities and the displacement of millions of people. Iraq has asked the US-led allies for $ 88 billion for reconstruction," the paper said .

The Iraqi fundraising conference in Kuwait, which was attended by dozens of potential donors, went to failure on Tuesday, with barely $ 4 billion - and nothing from the United States, the paper said in its report. While the conference does not end until Wednesday, the message was clear: President Trump left the building of the Iraqi state to others, and they barely respond .

"It was a humiliating blow to the Iraqi government, which could not afford a fraction of the cost of rebuilding the war that in some respects was the result of the 2003-2003 US-led occupation .

"This failure threatens the political future of Iraqi Prime Minister Haider al-Abbadi and undermines years of efforts by the United States and others to stabilize Iraq and fight extremism, " it said.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

Days after the Kuwait donors conference .. Cabinet issues new recommendations to support investment in Iraq                                                                                                                                                                                     2018/02/19 13:53 Baghdad today – Baghdad                                                                                                                       

The Cabinet on Monday issued new recommendations to support investment in Iraq, days after the Kuwait donors' conference. "The Council of Ministers has approved the main recommendations to ensure a sound investment climate in Iraq, to be implemented in accordance with the law," said a statement of the council, received by Baghdad today. "The recommendations include the full life cycle of investment, strategic vision, attracting investment, entry and establishment of investment, investment promotion and expansion, and indirect linkages and effects," he added. "The main recommendations are the establishment of an operational system for special economic zones in Iraq, the development of guidelines for the national investment policy statement, the empowerment of the Economic Reform Unit to provide technical support to the High Committee to implement the agreed investment reform work plan, The proposed Prime Minister's Office for Investment Projects in Basrah Governorate to implement the investment reform plan for Basra, review the visa requirements and propose a plan of action to streamline visa procedures and establish a strong investor visa category Of.” The recommendations also include "developing measures to increase access to information and opportunities for private sector participation in government tenders, providing technical assistance and funding to the private sector to enable it to respond to government tenders, encourage and facilitate corporate arrangements between Iraqi companies and their foreign counterparts and to clear financial arrears to the private sector" Of the statement.

• Upvote 2

BAGHDAD (Reuters) - 
The cabinet on Monday approved key recommendations to ensure a sound investment climate in Iraq, to be implemented in accordance with the law. 
The Council of Ministers approved the main recommendations to ensure a sound investment climate in Iraq to be implemented in accordance with the law, "the Cabinet Information Office said in a statement received by Al-Ghad Press." These recommendations include the full life cycle of investment, Strategy, attract investment, enter and establish investment, encourage and expand investment, and indirect linkages and effects. "
"The main recommendations include the establishment of an operational system for special economic zones in Iraq, the development of guidelines for the national investment policy statement, the empowerment of the Economic Reform Unit to provide technical support to the High Committee to implement the agreed investment reforms work plan, The proposed ministers of investment projects for the province of Basra to implement the investment reform plan for Basra, and to review the requirements for obtaining a visa and propose a plan of action to simplify the procedures for issuance of visas and the establishment of a class investor visa clear.
"Recommendations include setting measures to increase access to information and opportunities for private sector participation in government tenders, providing technical assistance and financing to the private sector to enable it to respond to government tenders, encouraging and facilitating corporate arrangements between Iraqi companies and their foreign counterparts and clearing financial arrears to the private sector."
  • Thanks 2
  • Upvote 1

%D8%A7%D9%84%D8%B9%D8%B1%D8%A7%D9%82-%D9

The coalition of the state of law high Nassif, on Monday, warned of the exposure of Iraqi oil to the "international reservation" in the event of non-compliance by Iraq to repay its external debt, proposed reconstruction of Iraq in agreement with companies in accordance with the principle of "oil for reconstruction."

Nasif said in an interview with local media and the agency [media treasures], that "the Iraqi government should bring solid companies can be agreed with them according to the principle of oil for reconstruction and not give them sovereign guarantees," noting that "If Iraq did not commit to pay that debt, There is an international reservation on its oil and assets and this is a dangerous indicator. "

Naseef called on Prime Minister Haider Abadi to "reject the loans granted to Iraq at the Kuwait conference and search for other solutions for reconstruction," saying that "it is wrong for Iraq to accept grants from this or that country."

Prime Minister Haider al-Abadi said Monday that his vision of reconstruction is focused on providing job opportunities for thousands of unemployed and economic development, stressing that he does not want consumer projects and therefore we will reject many projects at the Kuwait conference.

• Upvote 3

2 hours ago, Flamtap said:

Then I'm also sure that Europe is on your post RV Bucket List........

Sure is, running with the bulls, Porsche - European pick up, skiing in Switzerland and Italy and I can go on and on

, big  bucket and a lot of living to do.  :lol:

Edited by ChuckFinley
  • Like 1
  • Upvote 1

• yota691 changed the title to Abadi adviser: Gulf countries intend to extinguish debts owed by Iraq

Abadi adviser: Gulf countries intend to extinguish debts owed by Iraq

Since 2018-02-19 at 20:42 (Baghdad time)

aqq.jpg

Special - Mawazine News

The economic adviser to the Prime Minister, the appearance of Mohammed Saleh, on Monday, Iraq is committed to the limits set for all countries on access to loans, while they revealed an intention by the Gulf countries to extinguish the debts owed by Iraq.

"Most of his debt goes back to the pre-1990 era, to the Iran-Iraq war, a debt that has not been confirmed because there is no documentation to prove it," Saleh told Mawazine News.

He disclosed that "the intention of the Gulf States to write off debts owed by Iraq for a final," pointing out that "the UAE years ago, decided to cancel the debt, but it is still verbally undocumented."

He expected the economic adviser, "to write off debts owed by Iraq after the Kuwait Conference so that it has the capacity to deal with loans," describing the talk about Iraq's acceptance of loans obtained at the Kuwait Conference as "contradictory because the World Bank is a sponsor of the conference, Iraq's inability to repay loans. "

"Iraq does not need the loans it gets at the conference, even if it has soft benefits," said Abdul Rahman al-Mashhadani, an economist at the Kuwait conference. "Iraq needs loans to buy production lines, Investments in factories to operate a workforce or loans that address the balance of payments imbalances. "

"Iraq has a license it obtained two years ago when they gave it a B + credit rating from the World Bank that qualifies for taking loans with its guarantee as well as the International Monetary Fund. It also has a pledge from Britain of 10 billion pounds, up to 14 billion dollars, What came out of the Kuwait Conference. "

He explained that "the purpose of the Kuwait conference is to obtain grants, but what we got is loans," revealing at the same time that "some investors are afraid even from tribal conflicts that threaten some projects."

Sources familiar with the Council of Prime Ministers have revealed earlier that Prime Minister Haider Abadi may "reject" loans granted to Iraq at the Kuwait Conference, noting that the World Bank has confirmed the inability of the country to bear more debt.

The Kuwait International Conference for the Reconstruction of Iraq was launched on Monday, February 12, 2018, and concluded on Wednesday (February 14th).

During the conference, Iraq received non-sovereign loans, financing and project guarantees amounting to $ 11.61 billion, through $ 1 billion Kuwait, 0.5 reconstruction exports from Saudi Arabia, $ 5,200 billion, $ 210 million, United Kingdom, $ 3.5 billion, and 1.2 billion US dollars), in addition to sovereign loans

• Upvote 3

• yota691 changed the title to Kuwait calls on countries participating in the conference to rebuild Iraq to fulfill their obligations
  • yota691 locked this topic