Guest views are now limited to 12 pages. If you get an "Error" message, just sign in! If you need to create an account, click here.

• CRYPTO REWARDS!

Full endorsement on this opportunity - but it's limited, so get in while you can!

2 Questions....

DinarDavo

1) I answered this before, all development countries open international account to establish credibility.

2) Most loans are SDR with USD value I think. But anyway, the money is converted to IQD by the CBI.

my :twocents: but I could be wrong

Edited by newbieDA
  • Upvote 3

4 hours ago, newbieDA said:

1) I answered this before, all development countries open international account to establish credibility.

It is impossible for me to keep up with all the post that fly by here but I do appreciate you sharing your "two cents".

4 hours ago, newbieDA said:

2) Most loans are SDR with USD value I think. But anyway, the money is converted to IQD by the CBI.

What is beginning to concern me now is that the "war against corruption" and the rebuilding of the cities and infrastructure may turn out to be equally as challenging as the war against ISIS as they are both fraught with opportunities for more corruption, sectarian in fighting, and resistant to letting go of their "cash cows" or camels in this case.... 

• Upvote 1

this is what I gathered this week

Corruption - in Progress

Reconciliation

Article 140 - in Progress

HCL

Investment

2% Spread - in Progress

Kuwait Compensation - in Progress

IMF - Move to Article VIII

WTO - World Trade Organization

Reinternaional Banking Relations

Reintegration into Global Financial System

Internationally Accepted Currency

• Upvote 2

1 hour ago, DinarDavo said:

It is impossible for me to keep up with all the post that fly by here but I do appreciate you sharing your "two cents".

I hear You, DinarDavo, and The Best Of Your Evening To You! :tiphat:

1 hour ago, DinarDavo said:

What is beginning to concern me now is that the "war against corruption" and the rebuilding of the cities and infrastructure may turn out to be equally as challenging as the war against ISIS as they are both fraught with opportunities for more corruption, sectarian in fighting, and resistant to letting go of their "cash cows" or camels in this case.... 

I agree with You here, too, DinarDavo.

I thought about that very thing long and hard before I got into this investment seven years ago. I just could not see an investment worthy environment with corruption and sectarian violence - let alone a revalued IQD. Any foreign investment would evaporate when the sabers (and sandals) start flying while the IQD value would plummet - if it revalued at all. The only thing I could think of is some internal issue(s) that prevent them from massive pilfering and getting after each other's throats. I don't think foreign interests would take the measures they have if the Iraqi environment is dismal at best. Fortunately, Iraq is a very strategic piece of real estate for economic generation and transit since it literally sits in the legacy Silk Road routes and is flush with natural resources - many of which have not been tapped (likely will need to keep an eye on Russia and the Iraqi uranium deposits :o). As such, I believe prosperity is an opiate that coupled with things like free money in their pockets from crude oil revenues (HCL) in some way and National Reconciliation where they would rather enjoy the good life (with hefty penalties for not playing nice) than get all upset about something and mess it up.

There is an incomplete and dysfunctional Iraqi democracy in place. Fortunately, here, too, foreign interests are "coaching" and "helping" Iraq get it's house in order (and hopefully stay there) so that Iraq is a full fledged international economic partner. As incomplete and dysfunctional as Iraq seems, progress appears to be made to get Iraq to a level of autonomy and performance necessary to sustain the benefits of reconstruction and economic super charging. After ISIS controlled areas are fully retaken in Iraq (and, maybe, Syria) we could see another round of initiatives implemented in Iraq to bolster confidence in where the speculative IQD investment is going. Kushner's list of 785 appears to have gotten traction so at least the removal of the key corrupt players appears to be underway. Which is a very good thing. Coupled with ISIS areas fully retaken, having corruption removed should be like a shot in the arm for major international credit agency ratings that lend to supporting massive foreign investment necessary for the reconstruction and economic development in Iraq. One outstanding item is the Iranian influence in Iraq. This, too, appears to be being dealt with and may show some surprising news in the next few days to weeks. Once the corrupt are removed, there is an upcoming election to put reasonably qualified candidates in their place.

All this to say this speculative investment has been and still is a bumpy ride with the ride being bumpier at times than others. I remain hopeful. Overall, I think this speculative investment is headed in the right direction. Due to potential international inequities, I believe (this is me speaking) the IQD will need to revalue otherwise there would be international financial chaos down the line. For example, I conduct business worth 1 trillion IQD today worth about 840 million USD where I receive IQD as payment. The IQD then revalues at say, 3.86 USD = 1 IQD. The IQD I then hold is then worth 3.86 trillion USD. That is one huge chunk of cash and would ultimately likely disrupt financial platforms and could cause them to go out of control once the IQD is reintroduced for commerce. Giving the IQD a reasonable purchasing power of 0.10 USD to whatever it can support makes sense to me before the major international transactions occur. The financial connectivity with Iraq appears to be in place, even going down to the consumer level, so just the values need to be changed. I realize some value conversion will need to occur for those items, such as loans, salaries, and bank accounts, would have to be adjusted yet retain a similar purchase power once the IQD is revalued. I believe they have a plan in place. Hey, I wouldn't want my 5 million IQD loan turn into a 5 billion IQD loan (:o).

In my opinion, speculative investments always have some concern(s) for any given number of issues. The pluses I mentioned I believe are pretty potent. I'll just have to wait it out like all the other folks.

Just my thoughts and :twocents:. Hope it was worth the read.

Go Moola Nova!

:pirateship:

• Thanks 5
  • Upvote 2

1 hour ago, newbieDA said:

this is what I gathered this week

Corruption - in Progress

Reconciliation

Article 140 - in Progress

HCL

Investment

2% Spread - in Progress

Kuwait Compensation - in Progress

IMF - Move to Article VIII

WTO - World Trade Organization

Reinternaional Banking Relations

Reintegration into Global Financial System

Internationally Accepted Currency

I notice that there is nothing by HCL.   So does that mean its not in progress???

9 hours ago, Synopsis said:

Definitely worth the read....really appreciate your thoughtful and educated opinions. 

At the risk of sounding like "Frankie, Frankie" (not a fan) I have seen some disturbing patterns emerge that's makes me think that we may in for a longer wait than I previously thought. Just this morning the article relating to the issuance of arrest warrants not implemented.....who issues arrest warrants and advertises them and notes their lack of implementation? The articles relating to an average gathering of 170 out of 328 representatives....2 or 3 years ago they declared stiff penalties for parliament absentees...not implemented. How many other "important" laws like article 140 and others have been debated, revised, debated, revised, and then tabled til the next parliamentary session?

Sorry if I sound like Debbie Downer but these guys have managed tweak the last bit of patience I have garnered over the last 7 years......  thanks for listening!  

As we like to say on the home front here...."Once again, we have been reduced to prayer"...      :praying:

• Upvote 1

10 hours ago, TexasMike1958 said:

I notice that there is nothing by HCL.   So does that mean its not in progress???

I am not seeing the HCL this week, plus I think they realized Article 140 and the Corruption need to be taken care of first after getting ISIS out of the country and/or destroyed.

10 hours ago, Synopsis said:

In my opinion, speculative investments always have some concern(s) for any given number of issues. The pluses I mentioned I believe are pretty potent. I'll just have to wait it out like all the other folks.

I agree, when I researched this, I knew someday the IQD will have to International which is not Speculation. When, how, etc. is where the Speculation comes in and all I can do it listen, learn and try to keep track of information. But really I have no clue til this day about everything going on and why all the time. If you think about it, all I do is take the articles, things you say, yes you, and make my little lists every so often to help us.

Edited by newbieDA

Just now, DinarDavo said:

Definitely worth the read....really appreciate your thoughtful and educated opinions. 

:twothumbs: DinarDavo and The Best Of Your Morning To You! Hope Your Coffee Is Good, Hot, Plentiful, AND Just The Way You Like It!!! :tiphat:

1 minute ago, DinarDavo said:

Just this morning the article relating to the issuance of arrest warrants not implemented.....who issues arrest warrants and advertises them and notes their lack of implementation? The articles relating to an average gathering of 170 out of 328 representatives....2 or 3 years ago they declared stiff penalties for parliament absentees...not implemented. How many other "important" laws like article 140 and others have been debated, revised, debated, revised, and then tabled til the next parliamentary session?

Yes, if only this was all entertaining. I suspect the corruption runs deep with many tentacles. Some of the miscreants are likely willing participants for how their pockets get lined while some of the folks have been intimidated into compliance. There is possibly a degree of culpability that would favor indictment and prosecution whereas some of the misdeeds are probably not worth pursuing at this time. I suspect everybody associated with the Iraqi government is culpable of any a number of crimes so, possibly, misdemeanor type stuff is possibly noted but not prosecuted. The likely issue is what people are felons and what people maxed out at misdemeanors. This may influence the speed at which the necessary criminals can be indicted and taken into custody with the minimum amount of error and force as cleanly as possible. For some of the criminals and their willing cohorts, there is possibly issues pertaining to immunity due to the offices they hold. I suspect the international "coaches" and "helpers" have this pretty well figured out. I was surprised Jared Kushner produced the list of 785. A pretty specific number. Kinda reminds me of the 55 on the deck of cards handed out during the Second Persian Gulf War. As dysfunctional as Iraq is, I suspect progress can be made and the goal(s) accomplished with the right amount of internal and external support. I still think the Iraqi Government has to get the show on the road to get reconstruction underway and provide a peace time standard of living for all the Iraqis the Iraqi citizen is wanting to prevent sectarian inflammation that could lead to Civil War. I don't think international entities want that to happen and are "encouraging" Iraq to get their house in order for the next stage of performance for Iraq. I suspect there are several dimensions that need to line up nearly simultaneously for Iraq with the Article 140 and HCL near the top of the list. I imagine a "Special Session" (or multiple sessions) could be called any time to get the legislation passed at any time once the ground work for those items is completed. Painstakingly slow nonetheless but here we are.

Just my opinion and :twocents:

20 minutes ago, DinarDavo said:

Sorry if I sound like Debbie Downer but these guys have managed tweak the last bit of patience I have garnered over the last 7 years......  thanks for listening!  

There are always causes for concern. Hey, this is a speculative investment! However, to disregard actual considerations to include what needs to happen in both respects can lead to distorted perceptions and turmoil. Something like a hostile takeover (Iran), Civil War, or somebody drops a nuclear bomb on Iraq would be a show stopper for our investment for the short to near term. I don't think that will happen since I believe an extreme amount of time, effort, and money (not to mention Coalition blood and other major sacrifices Coalition personnel have made) have been invested in Iraq while Iraq can not remain at the level of dysfunctional and internationally restricted performance it is now exhibiting.

Yeah, I've been in this speculative investment for seven years, too. I, of course, was not anticipating waiting this long. I would have made purchases in the last year instead if I would have known better. But no one did.

29 minutes ago, DinarDavo said:

As we like to say on the home front here...."Once again, we have been reduced to prayer"...      :praying:

Yep, I think prayer is key. If nothing else, for the peace, patience, and serenity with all the wisdom only HE can provide!

Go Moola Nova!

• Thanks 2

19 hours ago, Synopsis said:

I hear You, DinarDavo, and The Best Of Your Evening To You! :tiphat:

I agree with You here, too, DinarDavo.

I thought about that very thing long and hard before I got into this investment seven years ago. I just could not see an investment worthy environment with corruption and sectarian violence - let alone a revalued IQD. Any foreign investment would evaporate when the sabers (and sandals) start flying while the IQD value would plummet - if it revalued at all. The only thing I could think of is some internal issue(s) that prevent them from massive pilfering and getting after each other's throats. I don't think foreign interests would take the measures they have if the Iraqi environment is dismal at best. Fortunately, Iraq is a very strategic piece of real estate for economic generation and transit since it literally sits in the legacy Silk Road routes and is flush with natural resources - many of which have not been tapped (likely will need to keep an eye on Russia and the Iraqi uranium deposits :o). As such, I believe prosperity is an opiate that coupled with things like free money in their pockets from crude oil revenues (HCL) in some way and National Reconciliation where they would rather enjoy the good life (with hefty penalties for not playing nice) than get all upset about something and mess it up.

There is an incomplete and dysfunctional Iraqi democracy in place. Fortunately, here, too, foreign interests are "coaching" and "helping" Iraq get it's house in order (and hopefully stay there) so that Iraq is a full fledged international economic partner. As incomplete and dysfunctional as Iraq seems, progress appears to be made to get Iraq to a level of autonomy and performance necessary to sustain the benefits of reconstruction and economic super charging. After ISIS controlled areas are fully retaken in Iraq (and, maybe, Syria) we could see another round of initiatives implemented in Iraq to bolster confidence in where the speculative IQD investment is going. Kushner's list of 785 appears to have gotten traction so at least the removal of the key corrupt players appears to be underway. Which is a very good thing. Coupled with ISIS areas fully retaken, having corruption removed should be like a shot in the arm for major international credit agency ratings that lend to supporting massive foreign investment necessary for the reconstruction and economic development in Iraq. One outstanding item is the Iranian influence in Iraq. This, too, appears to be being dealt with and may show some surprising news in the next few days to weeks. Once the corrupt are removed, there is an upcoming election to put reasonably qualified candidates in their place.

All this to say this speculative investment has been and still is a bumpy ride with the ride being bumpier at times than others. I remain hopeful. Overall, I think this speculative investment is headed in the right direction. Due to potential international inequities, I believe (this is me speaking) the IQD will need to revalue otherwise there would be international financial chaos down the line. For example, I conduct business worth 1 trillion IQD today worth about 840 million USD where I receive IQD as payment. The IQD then revalues at say, 3.86 USD = 1 IQD. The IQD I then hold is then worth 3.86 trillion USD. That is one huge chunk of cash and would ultimately likely disrupt financial platforms and could cause them to go out of control once the IQD is reintroduced for commerce. Giving the IQD a reasonable purchasing power of 0.10 USD to whatever it can support system" rel="">support makes sense to me before the major international transactions occur. The financial connectivity with Iraq appears to be in place, even going down to the consumer level, so just the values need to be changed. I realize some value conversion will need to occur for those items, such as loans, salaries, and bank accounts, would have to be adjusted yet retain a similar purchase power once the IQD is revalued. I believe they have a plan in place. Hey, I wouldn't want my 5 million IQD loan turn into a 5 billion IQD loan (:o).

Go Moola Nova!

It took a while to download, but so worth reading.

Thank you for taking the time and keep the thoughts coming.

Yes I'm still lost, but it is by design and we shall talk soon.

Go Moola Nova!

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, CaptainBVI said:

It took a while to download, but so worth reading.

Thank you for taking the time and keep the thoughts coming.

Yes I'm still lost, but it is by design and we shall talk soon.

Go Moola Nova!

Pretty sure You can navigate pretty well without much navigation equipment, CaptainBVI! Well, at least You appear to be content! :twothumbs:

I look forward to talking soon and I am glad You enjoyed the read! :tiphat:

Oh, Yeah, I agree, CaptainBVI................................................

Go Moola Nova!

• Upvote 1

• 4 months later...