Guest views are now limited to 12 pages. If you get an "Error" message, just sign in! If you need to create an account, click here.

• CRYPTO REWARDS!

Full endorsement on this opportunity - but it's limited, so get in while you can!

The House of Representatives completes tomorrow the first reading of the budget law for the year 2018

yota691

Editorial date: 2017/12/11 22:35 • 412 times read
Parliamentary Finance: There is no constitutional or legal problem in the budget
(Baghdad: Al-Furat News) Member of the Finance Committee of Parliament, Haitham al-Jubouri, the absence of any legal or constitutional problem in the financial budget for 2018.
"There is no constitutional or legal problem in the budget, but everyone looks at the budget from his point of view and that is what we hear from the Kurds and the coalition of Iraqi forces," Jubouri said in a program episode boldly on the screen of Al-Furat satellite channel. 
"There are political problems in the budget," he said
  • Thanks 1
  • Confused 1
  • Upvote 3

1 hour ago, yota691 said:

The current deductions from salaries of employees and retirees have no legal basis and should therefore be eliminated in the 2018 budget, because these deductions were exclusively for military expenditures and public mobilization salaries, which means that the justifications on which these deductions were based Has disappeared completely and must also be canceled, but it seems to remain for other reasons as we heard from the World Bank, in accordance with the new additional conditions placed on Iraq.

Well, OK, looks like the Iraqi Parliament is in a urinating match with the World Bank on the reduction of salaries. I wonder who will win here???!!!

I also wonder what "the new additional conditions placed on Iraq" are by the World Bank like, "You ALL better hurry up and get this all done or YOU"RE FIRED and no mo salary fo YOU!!!"

YEEEEEEEEEAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

YEE HAW...............................

:rodeo:       :rodeo:       :rodeo:

And.....................................

Go Moola Nova!

:pirateship:

Edited by Synopsis
  • Upvote 8

2 hours ago, nannab said:

Thanks Yota and Synopsis. Good morning DV :D

Good Morning, NannaB, AND The Best Of Your Day To You! :tiphat:

2 hours ago, 10 YEARS LATER said:

Perhaps the Custodian Govt. should have happened-but true to form, Iraq slow to to react.

The "Custodial Government" or whatever it was referred to headed by the US under the auspices of the UN was advertised as potentially being implemented on September 21, 2017. Whether that happened or not I suspect very few know and may have been withheld from any news source. The "Custodial Government" was advertised as being applied 4 days before the Kurdistan Region Referendum held on September 25, 2017. As a result, the Iraqi Kurds may have been urinating in the wind with their Referendum since the Referendum may not have been recognized by the "Custodial Government" and, hence, all the who haa.........................

If (and I say if) the "Custodial Government" is now governing, that may be a reason why certain things happen, or are happening, that seem to be odd and/or out of place.

In The Mean Time.....................................

Go Moola Nova!

• Upvote 4

Legal expert for / Mawazin News /: Parliament used the budget law for political purposes

From 2017-12-12 at 18:30 (Baghdad time)

49.jpg

Special - Mawazine News

Revealed the legal expert, Tariq Harb, on Tuesday, how to adopt the government budget of 2018, and work without approval by the House of Representatives, while accused the parliament to use the budget law for political purposes.

"The Financial Management Act of 2004 gave the government the authority to exchange 12/1 for the previous budget for each month," Harb told Mawazine News. "The Financial Management Law means that if the budget law is not approved or delayed, "He said.

"If the previous budget, for example, is $ 120 million, the government's financial management law allows the government to divide the budget by 12, and therefore $ 10 million is disbursed every month," he said.

He stressed that "the government may not spend more than the proportion resulting from the division of 12/1," stressing that "the work of the Financial Management Act is carried out until the budget is approved, and therefore the disbursement in light of it."

He added that "the Financial Management Act 2004, which was adopted in 2014 when entering the organization of the preacher of the terrorist, came to correct the error in which the parliament when it can not approve the budget or other problems," accusing Parliament "using the budget law for political purposes" .

Parliamentary sources and political parties revealed in the previous two days the government's intention to work in the 2018 budget, without the approval of the House of Representatives, as happened in 2014. Ended 29

• Upvote 2

35 minutes ago, Synopsis said:

Good Morning, NannaB, AND The Best Of Your Day To You! :tiphat:

The "Custodial Government" or whatever it was referred to headed by the US under the auspices of the UN was advertised as potentially being implemented on September 21, 2017. Whether that happened or not I suspect very few know and may have been withheld from any news source. The "Custodial Government" was advertised as being applied 4 days before the Kurdistan Region Referendum held on September 25, 2017. As a result, the Iraqi Kurds may have been urinating in the wind with their Referendum since the Referendum may not have been recognized by the "Custodial Government" and, hence, all the who haa.........................

If (and I say if) the "Custodial Government" is now governing, that may be a reason why certain things happen, or are happening, that seem to be odd and/or out of place.

In The Mean Time.....................................

Go Moola Nova!

I'm  picking up on what you're laying down here Synopsis. .  . It helps to explain what's been going on of late if this is indeed, fact  :twothumbs:

• Like 1
  • Upvote 2

2 minutes ago, 10 YEARS LATER said:

I'm  picking up on what you're laying down here Synopsis. .  . It helps to explain what's been going on of late if this is indeed, fact  :twothumbs:

so are you guys thinking that TPTB are just steamrolling what they want to happen right now due to the inefficiencies of the Iraqi Parliament and Sectarian Differences? 

You think this extraordinary session is to just "Make it Happen" if you will?

• Upvote 3

3 minutes ago, NEPatriotsFan1 said:

so are you guys thinking that TPTB are just steamrolling what they want to happen right now due to the inefficiencies of the Iraqi Parliament and Sectarian Differences? 

Best guess - It would appear to be the case - however - this is Iraq, no telling what these monkeys are up to. Just when you think you got them pegged, it slips thru your hands like a greased pig.

• Haha 3
  • Upvote 2

1008.jpg
MP Faris Al Fares

Economy News Baghdad:

A member of the Committee on Economy and Investment in the House of Representatives, Fares Al-Fares, that the budget next year is not consistent with the challenges facing Iraq at the current stage.

The government sent a draft bill of the budget of 2018 to the House of Representatives on 29 November last, and amounted to 108 trillion dinars with a deficit of 13 trillion dinars.

He described the knight in a special interview for "Economy News", the budget for 2018 "Austerity" because it does not include allocations financial suited to the magnitude of the disaster in the liberated areas, in addition to the absence of jobs in them.

"We hope to re-study the budget and increase financial allocations for liberated areas in order to develop infrastructure."

The government said earlier that Iraq needs $ 100 billion to rebuild areas free of terrorism.

A member of the parliamentary economic committee, the House of Representatives authorized the Finance Committee to discuss the draft budget with the 2018 government and make appropriate adjustments.

The Knight pointed out that the budget next year will not be approved during the current year, but in the first or second month of next year, especially that there are objections by some political blocs and provinces.

Views 11   Date Added 13/12/2017

• Thanks 1
  • Upvote 2

BAGHDAD / Al-Ghad Press: The 
decision of the House of Representatives Imad Juhna, on Thursday, an extraordinary session in parliament next week to discuss the budget and the election law. 
"It is not going to hold an extraordinary session, because the Finance Committee needs time to discuss with the government on the controversial points in the budget and change" .
He added that "the election law also completed its discussion and will be put to the vote immediately after the meetings," noting that "the government in previous years was challenging the changes being made by Parliament." 
He said that "the parliament decided to hold meetings with the government and agree on the formulas of changes so as not to be a challenge to the budget," explaining that "the House of Representatives will hold its meetings on 2/1/2018." 
A member of the legal committee, high Nassif, suggested Thursday, a special session of the House of Representatives next Wednesday on the laws of elections and the general budget. 
The Speaker of the House of Representatives, Salim Jubouri, stressed earlier, that in the event of the arrival of the budget for the presidency of parliament, will be called members of the House of Representatives for another extraordinary session to read.
  • Upvote 2

• yota691 changed the title to News of an extraordinary session to pass the federal budget
Parliamentary Finance: Write a paragraph to cancel payroll deductions in the budget

Date Posted       14/12/2017 10:46 AM

The Parliamentary Finance Committee revealed the cancellation of the deduction of salaries of employees in the notes sent to the Presidency of Parliament in the budget for the purpose of passing it to the government.

A member of the Finance Committee Massoud Haider said that the Kurdish blocs sent to the Finance Committee their observation on the abolition of paragraph deduction of three comma eight percent of the salaries of employees and made this observation by the Committee in the list of observations on the law of the balance of two thousand and eighteen.

He added that the list of observations on the budget law, sent to the Presidency of the Parliament for the purpose of passing it to the government for the purpose of review and rebalancing modified to parliament for the purpose of voting on them.
  • Upvote 3

BAGHDAD / Al-Ghad Press: The 
Committee on Economy and Investment parliamentary, on Friday, the inability to consider the budget year kisses without reading the final accounts of the budget 2017, indicating that "all these plans were built on the basis of guesses."
"When the 2018 budget was presented to the parliament, it is assumed that the final accounts of the 2017 budget will be available so that the plans for the new budget can be prepared," committee member Jamila al-Obeidi said in an interview. 
She added that "until this period there is no final accounts," pointing out that "can not be read the budget next year without the existence of final accounts of the budget last year."
  • Thanks 1
  • Upvote 2

On 12/12/2017 at 11:24 AM, NEPatriotsFan1 said:

...Somebody has to do something...even if it's wrong...I've tried to keep up with the policy and procedures, over the past 15 years, on how Iraq was to go about becoming a sovereign nation...With the exception of Chapter 8, Article 140 and the HCL...everything I've learned has been established...Iraq's citizens are returning to their home districts and will need the boundaries in Article 140 established, the financial support of the HCL and true worth of their currency....

• Thanks 2
  • Upvote 6

32 minutes ago, skeetdog said:

...Somebody has to do something...even if it's wrong...I've tried to keep up with the policy and procedures, over the past 15 years, on how Iraq was to go about becoming a sovereign nation...With the exception of Chapter 8, Article 140 and the HCL...everything I've learned has been established...Iraq's citizens are returning to their home districts and will need the boundaries in Article 140 established, the financial support of the HCL and true worth of their currency....

skeet, we seen a lot done and we have just a few more things now.

On my list I made, we just have those few things and they are being talked about now.

We are getting there! :rocking-chair: slow but forward :pirateship:

Edited by newbieDA
  • Like 1
  • Upvote 4

15 minutes ago, Botzwana said:

Hope so...because it is frickin raining inside my home now.

we only need 2 more laws, then we are done with Parliament :twothumbs:

Edited by newbieDA
plus IMF, World Bank, and a lot of other countries are on their asses to get this resolved now too
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1
  • Upvote 4

DV,  Agree with comments stated we are 100 percent moving forward and once a few more hurdles are completed the one major item left is to give purchasing power to their "Currency" which means an RV or RI.   You can bet that it will happen sooner rather than later IMHO.   The World is ready to receive the "New Powerhouse in the ME".

GO JUSTICE 

GO 140

GO HCL

GO RV / RI

• Thanks 1
  • Upvote 6

....Seeing a decade and a half ago I didn't know Shiites about the dinar...and even less on how a country is suppose to emerge from sanctions...and being an X OPEC country at that...I know it's hard to imagine...but there's probably a thing or two I might not be quite up to par on from here on out...but I'll get back with ya on that...:tiphat:B)

52 minutes ago, Botzwana said:

We have a crack in the roof.  I put silicone in the crack two days ago and thought I had solved the problem.  Now it is going to rain for 3 days straight...no let up.  It is raining in my bedroom right now.  Wifey and I grabbed some plastic tubs to hold the water but OMG.  The sound of the dripping is driving me crazy.  

i think they call that water boarding sort of

but for us called dinar water boarding

• Haha 1

• yota691 changed the title to The House of Representatives completes tomorrow the first reading of the budget law for the year 2018