Guest views are now limited to 12 pages. If you get an "Error" message, just sign in! If you need to create an account, click here.

• CRYPTO REWARDS!

Full endorsement on this opportunity - but it's limited, so get in while you can!

Parliamentary power: Kurds did not provide a convincing justification for non-commitment to pay oil money

Tillerson: US ‘does not recognize’ Kurdish referendum results

September 30 2017 10:15 AM

The US does not officially recognize the Kurdish people’s referendum for independence from Iraq, The Daily Beast quoted US Secretary of State Rex Tillerson announced as saying.

“The vote and the results lack legitimacy,” the statement read, “and we continue to support a united, federal, democratic and prosperous Iraq.” 

Tillerson additionally decried the “unilateral” nature of the Kurdistan Regional Government’s referendum and urged Iraqi Kurdish officials to “respect the constitutionally-mandated role of the central government and we call upon the central government to reject threats or even allusion to the possible use of force.” 

Tillerson also called upon neighboring countries, such as Turkey (though unnamed here), to resist any “unilateral actions and the use of force.” 

The secretary concluded: “We encourage all sides to engage constructively in a dialogue to improve the future of all Iraqis.”

http://www.thebaghdadpost.com/en/story/17605/Tillerson-US-does-not-recognize-Kurdish-referendum-results

• Upvote 1

Iran bans oil traffic to and from Kurdistan

September 30 2017 04:25 PM

Iran has banned the transportation of refined crude oil products by Iranian companies to and from Iraq's Kurdistan region, after Teheran vowed to stand by Baghdad following the region's vote for independence, the semi-official Tasnim news agency reported.

A directive by the Road and Transportation Organisation has temporarily banned carrying oil products from Iran to Iraq's Kurdistan region and vice versa following the latest developments in that region, a statement read.

Iraq's Kurds overwhelmingly backed a call for independence in a referendum on Monday, defying neighbouring Turkey and Iran, which fear the vote would inflame the separatist aspirations of their own sizeable Kurdish populations.

A ban on international flights to Iraq's Kurdish region was in place yesterday as the Baghdad government retaliated against the vote. Almost all foreign airlines suspended flights to Erbil and Sulaimaniyah, obeying a notice from Baghdad, which controls Iraqi air space.

http://www.thebaghdadpost.com/en/story/17618/Iran-bans-oil-traffic-to-and-from-Kurdistan

• Upvote 1

Turkey pauses multilateral cooperation with Kurdistan region

September 30 2017 05:21 PM
Bekir Bozda?
Bekir Bozda?

Turkish Deputy Prime Minister Bekir Bozdag said on Saturday that Turkey has stopped multilateral cooperation with Kurdistan region including training Peshmerga forces.

In a press conference, Bozdag said that Turkey will only cooperate with the Iraqi government on issues related to Iraqه affairs including Kurdistan region. This also includes issues related to citizens of the region, and border crossings, he added.

Asked about Turkey potential measures against the region, Bozdag affirmed that 'all options are on the table', noting that Iraqi-Turkish drills on borders will continue. 

http://www.thebaghdadpost.com/en/story/17620/Turkey-pauses-multilateral-cooperation-with-Kurdistan-region

• Upvote 1

Baghdad's decisions to not harm Kurdistan - Kurdish MP

September 30 2017 01:35 PM
Baghdad's decisions will not harm Kurdistan
Baghdad's decisions will not harm Kurdistan

The decisions of Baghdad government, which has been taken recently against Kurdistan, will not harm the Region, MP Rizan Sheikh Delir of the Patriotic Union of Kurdistan said Saturday. 

She added that these decisions came in response to Kurdistan independence referendum.

The latest of these decisions, including controlling Baghdad-Erbil airports and borders,  are against the Kurdish people's rights, not its government.

The airports of the Kurdistan region are mainly under the control and supervision of the Federal government in Baghdad.

Earlier, Iraqi prime minister Haider Al-Abadi confirmed that the central government in Baghdad will suspend international flights from and to Kurdistan till transferring the administrations of Erbil and Sulaymaniyah International Airports to Baghdad.

http://www.thebaghdadpost.com/en/story/17616/Baghdad-s-decisions-to-not-harm-Kurdistan-Kurdish-MP

• Upvote 1

Turkey's threat to close oil pipeline 'tantamount war' against Kurdistan

September 30 2017 01:05 PM
Turkey's threat to close oil pipeline is tantamount war against Kurdistan
Turkey's threat to close oil pipeline is tantamount war against Kurdistan

Turkey's threat to close Kurdish oil pipeline, where it has been crossing Turkish lands, is a tantamount war declaration against the Region, Nagiba Naguib, MP for the Kurdistan Blocs Coalition, said Saturday.

She added that Kurdistan does not want the shockwaves of the Region's independence referendum to cut off oil exports.

She pointed out Kurds will declare their State soon despite Turkish persistence.

Earlier on Monday, Turkish president Recep Tayyip Erdogan has threatened to close the crude oil flow to Kurdistan.

http://www.thebaghdadpost.com/en/story/17615/Turkey-s-threat-to-close-oil-pipeline-tantamount-war-against-Kurdistan

• Upvote 1

Islamic Group bloc rejects Iraqi Parl't's resolutions over Kurdistan

September 30 2017 12:17 PM

Kurdistan's Islamic Group bloc has rejected Iraqi government and Parliament's resolutions, which issued in awake of the Region's independence referendum, Marwan Galali, head of Kurdistan Islamic Group bloc in Kurdistan parliament, said Saturday. 

He added that the bloc will hold a press conference to respond to these resolutions, which are against KBaghdad.

The bloc will call the government in Kurdistan for taking the necessary measures against Baghdad's decisions.

On Sep. 26, Iraqi prime minister Haider Al-Abadi declared controlling over borders between Erbil and Baghdad.

Also, airports' administrations in Kurdistan have been transferred from the Kurdish authorities to the central government in Baghdad. 

http://www.thebaghdadpost.com/en/story/17610/Islamic-Group-bloc-rejects-Iraqi-Parl-t-s-resolutions-over-Kurdistan

• Upvote 1

Ex-US Ambassador: support Kurds, Iraq No Longer Exists

Basnews English

30/09/2017 - 19:04

Ex-US Ambassador: Support Kurds, Iraq No Longer Exists

ERBIL — Former US Ambassador to the United Nations, John Bolton, has once again urged Washington to support Kurdistan Region’s move towards independence as the state of Iraq does not exist anymore.

“I think the United States should support independence for the Kurds. They’ve been friends of ours in the struggle against Saddam Hussein and the struggle against international terrorism. I think they’d be an important buffer against Iran,” Bolton said during a discussion on Sirius XM.

“And let’s face it: the state of Iraq as we have known it doesn’t exist anymore, and it’s not coming back together,” he added. “The Baghdad government is controlled by the ayatollahs from Tehran. The American strategy to defeat ISIS, which has relied so heavily on the Baghdad government, I think has been a mistake.”

The diplomat believes that last Monday’s independence referendum in Kurdistan Region has “created a new reality”, but his country’s State Department is yet to acknowledge that reality which, Bolton insist, will benefit Washington as well.

http://www.basnews.com/index.php/en/news/kurdistan/382119

• Upvote 2

10 minutes ago, tigergorzow said:

Ex-US Ambassador: support system" rel="">support Kurds, Iraq No Longer Exists

Basnews English

30/09/2017 - 19:04

Ex-US Ambassador: Support Kurds, Iraq No Longer Exists

ERBIL — Former US Ambassador to the United Nations, John Bolton, has once again urged Washington to support system" rel="">support Kurdistan Region’s move towards independence as the state of Iraq does not exist anymore.

“I think the United States should support system" rel="">support independence for the Kurds. They’ve been friends of ours in the struggle against Saddam Hussein and the struggle against international terrorism. I think they’d be an important buffer against Iran,” Bolton said during a discussion on Sirius XM.

“And let’s face it: the state of Iraq as we have known it doesn’t exist anymore, and it’s not coming back together,” he added. “The Baghdad government is controlled by the ayatollahs from Tehran. The American strategy to defeat ISIS, which has relied so heavily on the Baghdad government, I think has been a mistake.”

The diplomat believes that last Monday’s independence referendum in Kurdistan Region has “created a new reality”, but his country’s State Department is yet to acknowledge that reality which, Bolton insist, will benefit Washington as well.

http://www.basnews.com/index.php/en/news/kurdistan/382119

Bolt-on has a screw lose. Needs to tighten his lips shut.

• Upvote 2

On ‎9‎/‎29‎/‎2017 at 1:44 PM, ChuckFinley said:

Agree with you there DoD. Since I see Vegas, do you want to give us odds?  :lol:

Chuck I can only give you my odds on this because I'm pretty sure Vegas has probably never heard of Kurdistan. I'm actually doubling down an buying a little more Dinar because I think with this latest fiasco by Barzani it just might pay off for us. One thing I've noticed with todays articles that yota and Tiger have posted have in common is that all the Kurds from the top down all of sudden want to talk. Heck they even want to come back to parliament...lol

I would give 100 - 1 odds that this will be settled peacefully without Abadi starving and actually shutting down Kurdistan (which he could) in getting article 140 settled once an for all.

The question of the timing is what I'm not so sure about at the moment....

• Upvote 4

2 minutes ago, DoD said:

Chuck I can only give you my odds on this because I'm pretty sure Vegas has probably never heard of Kurdistan. I'm actually doubling down an buying a little more Dinar because I think with this latest fiasco by Barzani it just might pay off for us. One thing I've noticed with todays articles that yota and Tiger have posted have in common is that all the Kurds from the top down all of sudden want to talk. Heck they even want to come back to parliament...lol

I would give 100 - 1 odds that this will be settled peacefully without Abadi starving and actually shutting down Kurdistan (which he could) in getting article 140 settled once an for all.

The question of the timing is what I'm not so sure about at the moment....

I would be buying more if I had the Bucks. I think Barzani did what he wanted to do and know is looking for an out. I promised his people an election - done. Now at oil hitting $60 it is all about the money. 

• Upvote 3

Allawi warns against "scary" ramification of post-referendum crisis

September 30 2017 10:30 PM
Allawi warns against ramification of post-referendum crisis
Allawi warns against ramification of post-referendum crisis

Al-Watnia Coalition leader and former prime minister Ayad Allawi warned on Saturday from "scary" ramification in case of not solving the issues between Baghdad and Erbil after Monday's independence referendum.

In a press statement, Allawi expressed his concerns from any conflict to be sparked from the disputed area of Kirkuk.

Allawi also asserted that he has requested the United Nations to intervene to solve this crisis.

He further added that foreign powers like Iran and Turkey are furthering the problem in Iraq.

This comes as Kurdistan carried out an independence referendum on Monday, which led to major tensions between Baghdad and Erbil.

http://www.thebaghdadpost.com/en/story/17631/Allawi-warns-against-scary-ramification-of-post-referendum-crisis

• Upvote 1

Fallon Urges Barzani to Work for a Solution with Baghdad and Neighbors

Leyla.H.Sherwani

30/09/2017 - 18:04

Fallon Urges Barzani to Work for a Solution with Baghdad and Neighbors

ERBIL— UK Defense Secretary Michael Fallon urges Kurdistan Region President Masoud Barzani to work with Baghdad and its neighbors to find a solution for the recent the escalated tensions.

A statement published by Kurdistan presidency's official page on Saturday said Barzani has received a letter from Fallon.

"Now that the referendum has taken place, I would urge you to engage constructively with Baghdad and your other neighbors and strive for a mutually agreeable solution in a measured and calm manner," the statement quoted Fallon's words in the letter.

According to the statement, Fallon has also called on Barzani to maintain "the excellent coordination" between Kurdistan Peshmerga forces and Iraqi army in their fight against the Islamic State (IS).

Kurdistan Region's push towards independence has angered Baghdad and the neighboring countries who deem the independence referendum as an effort to divide Iraq. The referendum which was held on Monday won nearly %93 of  votes in favor of independence.

Baghdad has already taken action against the vote, imposing international flight ban on Kurdistan. Turkey and Iran have also threatened to declare sanctions on Kurdistan.

http://www.basnews.com/index.php/en/news/kurdistan/382103

• Upvote 1

Kurdistan Parliament Rejects Baghdad's Rulings Against Kurdistan

Leyla.H.Sherwani

30/09/2017 - 21:27

Kurdistan Parliament Rejects Baghdad's Rulings Against Kurdistan

ERBIL— Kurdistan Region's Parliament on Saturday rejected the recent decisions which the Iraqi government and House of Representatives issued in response to the independence referendum of Kurdistan, labeling the rulings as "illegal and unconstitutional."

After nine hours of discussion and debate today, the lawmakers by a unanimous vote stated that Kurdistan's plebiscite on Monday was supported by the Iraqi constitution.

The lawmakers rejected the entire retaliatory measures and decrees that Baghdad imposed on Kurdistan.

The parliament reiterated that the vote in Kurdistan does not pose any threat against the countries in the region while it urged Turkey and Iran, to respect the laws of Kurdistan.

“The Kurdistan parliament calls upon the international community and neighboring countries and the region to respect the Kurdistan nation’s decision,” reads a statement issued by parliament. 

Nearly %93 of electors voted to Kurdistan independence, Yet, neither Baghdad nor the neighboring countries recognize the results, exercising pressure on Erbil through sanctions to annul the results of the vote.  

http://www.basnews.com/index.php/en/news/kurdistan/382157

• Upvote 1

Kurdistan to Send a Document on Referendum to EP, UN, Congress

Basnews English

30/09/2017 - 15:32

Kurdistan to Send a Document on Referendum to EP, UN, Congress

ERBIL — Kurdish officials are planning to write a document on the outcome of the independence referendum of Kurdistan to be sent to the European Parliament, the United Nations, and US Congress.

The Kurdistan Region’s parties are expected to meet for discussions over writing an official document about the results of the independence vote in order to send it to the European Parliament, UN, and US Congress.

The pact will explain the reasons behind holding a referendum and why the vast majority of the residents of the Kurdish areas outside Kurdistan Region’s administration have backed the secession from Iraq. It will also detail why Kurdistan Region proceeded with the vote despite the large-scale pressures and opposition.

http://www.basnews.com/index.php/en/news/kurdistan/382074

• Upvote 1

France’s Macron Invites Barzani, Abadi to Paris over Growing Rift

Basnews English

30/09/2017 - 01:54

France’s Macron Invites Barzani, Abadi to Paris over Growing Rift

ERBIL — French President Emmanuel Macron has reportedly invited Kurdistan Region President Masoud Barzani and Iraqi Prime Minister Haider al-Abadi to Paris in hopes of easing tensions between the two sides arose after Monday’s independence referendum in Kurdistan Region.

Well-known French public intellectual Bernard-Henri Lévy revealed on Friday that Macron is ready to meditate between Erbil and Baghdad, the two top officials are expected to soon meet with the French president in Paris.

A source in Macron’s office said earlier the day that Abadi has already accepted the invitation and he will travel to Paris on 5th October.

In a statement after a telephone call with Abadi, Macron’s office said he had invited Abadi to Paris, but warned that the two sides should remain united in their priority to defeat Islamic State and stabilise Iraq, as reported by Reuters.

“All escalation should be avoided,” Macron said in the statement.

http://www.basnews.com/index.php/en/news/kurdistan/381931

• Upvote 1

No Iraqi Officials Allowed to Control Kurdistan Airports: KRG

Basnews English

30/09/2017 - 14:08

No Iraqi Officials Allowed to Control Kurdistan Airports: KRG

ERBIL — The Kurdistan Regional Government (KRG) has made it clear that no official from Baghdad is allowed to enter the Kurdistan Region for taking control of Erbil and Sulaymaniyah international airports.

Minister of Transportation, Mawlood Bawamurad, said on Saturday that Baghdad’s decision to ban international flights to and from the Kurdistan Region, is completely motivated by political issues since both airports have been operating in accordance to the rules and regulations of the Iraqi aviation authority.

Bawamurad further explained that his counterpart in Baghdad has expressed regret for the decision which was not made by the Iraqi Ministry of Transportation, but the prime minister’s office.

On Friday, the Iraqi central government imposed a blockade on the Kurdistan Region to halt all international flights in retaliation to Erbil’s independence referendum which was held last Monday.

“The decision has no legal ground,” the Kurdish minister said, noting that the Kurdish Peshmerga forces and other soldiers whom have been injured in the war against Islamic State (IS) are the most vulnerable people since they are in need of medical treatment abroad.

In August and September this year, nearly 18,000 Peshmerga and soldiers traveled from Erbil or Sulaymaniyah airports for medical attention in other countries, according to Bawamurad.

At the end, the Kurdish official reminded Baghdad that Kurds were a strong nation even when they had no airports on their land.

http://www.basnews.com/index.php/en/news/kurdistan/382037

• Upvote 1

KRG: Baghdad’s Travel Ban on Kurdistan “Collective Punishment”

Basnews English

30/09/2017 - 12:05

KRG: Baghdad’s Travel Ban on Kurdistan “Collective Punishment”

ERBIL — Kurdistan Regional Government (KRG) responded to the Iraqi government’s decision of imposing a ban on the flights to and from Kurdistan Region, stating that the decision is against the constitution and a collective punishment.

All international flights without exception to and from Kurdistan Region's airports stopped at 6:00 pm (1500 GMT) on Friday following a decision by the Iraqi Prime Minister Haider al-Abadi against Kurdistan Region due to the referendum held by the region on Monday for secession from Iraq.

The ban is a collective punishment and a blockade against the people of Kurdistan Region, the KRG Spokesperson Safeen Dizayi said in a statement on Friday.

Dizayi said that Baghdad continues to violate the laws under the pretext of imposing Iraq’s authority. He explained that the airports in Kurdistan have always been committed to the Iraqi aviation laws and Baghdad has continuously been sending monitoring teams to the airports.

Regarding the impacts of the ban, the KRG’ statement explained that it prevents wounded Peshmerga troops and other patients from traveling abroad for treatment. It also noted that a number of organizations which had been helping Yezidi victims and IDPs left the country due to the embargo.

The decision will also lead to a stop of business traffic and affect the airline companies which will consequently leave thousands of employees jobless, according to the statement.

The Iraqi government refused to sit and resolve the issues through dialogue, the statement reads, describing the measures against Kurdistan “political.”

KRG called on Baghdad to put an end to these politically-motivated collective punishments and sought the mediation of the United Nations on the issues.

http://www.basnews.com/index.php/en/news/kurdistan/381998

• Upvote 1

Iraq Crackdown on Kurdistan: Kurds Being Expelled from Dhi Qar Province

Basnews English

30/09/2017 - 16:04

Iraq Crackdown on Kurdistan: Kurds Being Expelled from Dhi Qar Province

ERBIL — The provincial council of Dhi Qar in south of Iraq decided on Saturday to expel over 1,000 Kurds to follow the footstep of Baghdad’s growing sanctions against the Kurds.

Citing a Kurdish resident of the province, The Baghdad Post said that the majority of the Kurds in Dhi Qar was born there, and it is illogic to force them out.

According to local sources, the provincial council has given them 48 hours to go back to Kurdistan Region.

Most of the Kurdish population in Dhi Qar work in the public or private sector or they run their own businesses.

The decision comes after Monday’s independence referendum in Kurdistan Region which bothered the Iraqi central government, who later imposed a ban against the international flights to Erbil and Sulaymaniyah airports.

http://www.basnews.com/index.php/en/news/kurdistan/382077

• Upvote 1

Thank You, TigerGorZow, for tirelessly posting all the great articles! :twothumbs:

1 hour ago, tigergorzow said:

The US does not officially recognize the Kurdish people’s referendum for independence from Iraq, The Daily Beast quoted US Secretary of State Rex Tillerson announced as saying.

Oh, Oh, looks like T Rex is getting a little testy here.

Next Up - Mad Dog Mattis (YEAH, BABY!!!)

:o   :o   :o

I am pretty optimistic with all this Iraqi Gubmint upheaval since I think it is the major last stand before the reconstruction issues steam rolls the whole thing. I just don't see any significant reconstruction with out a united Iraq and necessary things like Article 140 and the HCL in place and functioning reasonably well. Sectarian violence and Civil War are nipping at the heals on all of this and both internal and external in Iraq knows all too well that time is a wastin' and there is no better time than now to git 'er all dun before the window of opportunity closes and the next major strategy will have to be worked out to get Iraq up and functioning as a Sovereign State.

Just my opinion and :twocents:

The Best Of Your Weekend To You, TigerGorZow and All DV! :tiphat:

Go Moola Nova!

:pirateship:

• yota691 changed the title to Parliamentary power: Kurds did not provide a convincing justification for non-commitment to pay oil money
  • yota691 featured this topic
  • yota691 locked this topic