Guest views are now limited to 12 pages. If you get an "Error" message, just sign in! If you need to create an account, click here.

• CRYPTO REWARDS!

Full endorsement on this opportunity - but it's limited, so get in while you can!

KRG’S FM 'APPLAUDS' US FOR $365 MILLION PESHMERGA FUNDS

Wiljor

Iraq, November 18, 2017 

The Kurdistan Regional Government (KRG) has welcomed text of the US 2018 defense bill that authorizes $365 million for the Peshmerga. The KRG’s foreign relations minister, Falah Mustafa, is in Washington as the bill is being finalized.

“The Kurdistan Regional Government applauds the conferees for approving the National Defense Authorization Act (NDAA) and thanks the US Congress for its continued support of Kurdistan and the Peshmerga,” read a KRG statement released by its office in the United States on Wednesday.

The spending act has passed both legislative chambers in the US Congress, and differences between the House and Senate versions are being resolved before it is put on President Donald Trump's desk.

The 2017 fiscal year saw the KRG receive $415 million for the Peshmerga. It was sent to Erbil in monthly instalments for Peshmerga salaries at the height of the war against ISIS in Mosul.

Kurdish forces are eligible to receive funds, but the September 18 version of the bill it stated they must have 'a national security mission' or be 'at a base or facility of the Government of Iraq' involved in 'activities of the Office of Security Cooperation in Iraq.'

“We are here to reaffirm our commitment to a long-term partnership with the United States. We see the United States as a vital ally and partner. We are pleased that the United States Officials reiterated their commitments to the Kurdistan Region and Iraq. Moving forward, we have encouraged the US Government to remain heavily engaged in Iraq,” read a statement from Mustafa's office.

KRG Department of Foreign Relations Head Mustafa met with Brett McGurk, the special presidential envoy to the de-ISIS coalition, Trevor Hough, a special advisor to Vice President Mike Pence, staff from the National Security Council and State Department, as well as senators and congressmen.

Mustafa re-affirmed the KRG's commitment to resolve issues with Baghdad through “political dialogue.”

He also “stressed the need for further engagement from the United States and other members of the international community to ensure de-escalation and withdrawal of militia groups from the disputed territories,” according to his office.

US Senator Marco Rubio, a former Republican frontrunner for the presidency, was among those who met with Mustafa.

“Good discussion today with Mustafa on regional security and Iran's malign activity. Important that leaders in Baghdad and Erbil facilitate dialogue to reduce tensions and restore stability to all Iraq,” wrote Rubio in a tweet.

In the wake of Kurdistan’s independence vote, the Iraqi army and Iran-backed paramilitaries took federal control of disputed areas in mid-October from the Kurdish forces, resulting in deadly clashes.

The KRG in Erbil said on Tuesday that it respects a ruling by Iraq's Federal Court that said the Constitution is a guarantor of the unity of Iraq, which is a federal, independent and fully sovereign state. The KRG saw the ruling as the basis for dialogue with Baghdad.

Mustafa is accompanied on his trip by the KRG’s representative in the United States, Bayan Sami Abdul Rahman. They are scheduled to attend the 2017 Halifax International Security Forum this week.

rudaw

http://iraqdailyjournal.com/story-z16229509

• Upvote 7

At first I was upset, over the US supplying weapons, directly to the Kurds.  Then I realized, this is a carrot, for the Kurds to sign the HCL and agree with Abadi. 

We’ll give you weapons and money, only if you agree to the constitution and sign the HCL.

After all, you saved Iraq from ISIS.  

But, your one nation, and we strongly support both sides.  

Edited by gregp
  • Upvote 12

6 minutes ago, gregp said:

At first I was upset, over the US supplying weapons, directly to the Kurds.  Then I realized, this is a carrot, for the Kurds to sign the HCL and agree with Abadi. 

We’ll give you weapons and money, only if you agree to the constitution and sign the HCL.

But, your one nation, and we strongly support system" rel="">support both sides.  

I sure hope you’re right gregp! 

• Upvote 5

28 minutes ago, Half Crazy Runner said:

I sure hope you’re right gregp! 

Politics on steroids.

5 minutes ago, jake21 said:

All due respect, I disagree. I want to agree with you but I just don't see it

It’s been a long road, my friend. 

• Upvote 3

1 hour ago, gregp said:

But, your one nation, and we strongly support system" rel="">support both sides.  

gregp & DV Members,  I wholeheartedly agree and this is why "Negotiations" are going on behind the scene with U.S. Reps overseeing the outstanding issues witih Baghdad & Erbil that will be resolved very soon IMHO.

GO RV / RI

GO HCL

GO 1:1 or HIGHER....:crossedfingers:  

• Upvote 8

11 minutes ago, tigergorzow said:

GO 1:1 or HIGHER....

............or HIGHER..............or MUCH, MUCH HIGHER..................

YEAH, BABY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

The Best Of Your Weekend To You, TigerGorZow and All DV!!!!!!!!! :tiphat:

With the big announcement of the corrupt being listed in early December (Jared Kushner's 785?) then rounded up early next year, could this be a reason the Kurdish international airports are presently shut down? Giving the corrupt a last chance to "turn themselves in" because they can't "escape"? The corrupt being taken into custody so international investment is "safe"???!!!

:backflip:        :backflip:       :backflip:

LOOKIN' GOOD!!!!!!!!!!!

Go Moola Nova!

:pirateship:

• Upvote 8

46 minutes ago, Synopsis said:

............or HIGHER..............or MUCH, MUCH HIGHER..................

YEAH, BABY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

The Best Of Your Weekend To You, TigerGorZow and All DV!!!!!!!!! :tiphat:

With the big announcement of the corrupt being listed in early December (Jared Kushner's 785?) then rounded up early next year, could this be a reason the Kurdish international airports are presently shut down? Giving the corrupt a last chance to "turn themselves in" because they can't "escape"? The corrupt being taken into custody so international investment is "safe"???!!!

:backflip:        :backflip:       :backflip:

LOOKIN' GOOD!!!!!!!!!!!

Go Moola Nova!

You have a great point, my friend.

An excellent point. 

:cigar:

You made my day!

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, tigergorzow said:

gregp & DV Members,  I wholeheartedly agree and this is why "Negotiations" are going on behind the scene with U.S. Reps overseeing the outstanding issues witih Baghdad & Erbil that will be resolved very soon IMHO.

GO RV / RI

GO HCL

GO 1:1 or HIGHER....:crossedfingers:  

Amen!

Let the banking begin!

• Upvote 1

3 hours ago, gregp said:

I'd have to agree Greg. Payoff to keep the Kurds onboard. They were extremely butt hurt over the US not backing them with their referendum. It wasn't hard to see the US was going to have to do something big to kiss and make up with the Kurds! The Kurdish Prime Minister, as well as the outgoing President made remarks about rethinking their relationship with the US...

2 hours ago, blueskyline said:

That’s a huge amount of money . Both years . I tend to agree that it’s a pay-off Gregp. Thanks Wiljor ! 

Agreed. It's the way you do business with these people. Bribe the crap outta them with $$$$$ if you want them " to do what you want them to do." 

Seriously, folks . . . it's the only language they understand. Gotta " grease their palms. "

• Upvote 1

5 hours ago, gregp said:

2 hours ago, gregp said:

Great find, Wiljor 👍👍

Thank you, for all your dedication. 

I tried my hand in posting news and I jack it all up.  

Thanks!

gregp, you are welcome sir, and actually you could be on to something here. Theirs always a deal to be made and your thought process makes sense, I concur and would like to express my gratitude to your input for your efforts here as well, we do have a great group and I’m sure all our patience will be rewarded. Iraq is ramping up its business and going international is the next step my friend. 

A super evening out to you :twothumbs:

• Upvote 3

Behind the scenes and following a decision that was made along time ago when the new notes were printed representing both Kurds and Iraqis.. There were so many screw ups along the way that it has delayed this RV by a decade . One of the first screw ups has disbanding of Iraqi military  which may have been employed to secure the borders . Thinking about it ,it was a total screw up !

8 hours ago, tigergorzow said:

Syn,  Super weekend to you as well my friend......Real good!!

8 hours ago, Half Crazy Runner said:

I’ll drink to that!!!  🥂 🍾

8 hours ago, gregp said:

You have a great point, my friend.

An excellent point. 

You made my day!

Hard NOT to get really, really optimistic! The Best Of Your Weekend To You All and All DV!

Go Moola Nova!

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1