Guest views are now limited to 12 pages. If you get an "Error" message, just sign in! If you need to create an account, click here.

• CRYPTO REWARDS!

Full endorsement on this opportunity - but it's limited, so get in while you can!

Serial Neggers and Cowardly Silence

Shabibilicious

10 minutes ago, Shabibilicious said:

Feel free to read all of my 15K plus posts and make up your own mind.  Don't just read a few and form your conclusion.......put in the work and get back to me.  ;)

GO RV, then BV

No, Shabibilicious, I am not going to read all Your historic 15K plus posts (or vote on them) like there would be any value whatsoever in reading them. :peace:   ;)

Reading Your past posts has nothing to do with the actual point that You just can't accept the real point to the anonymous DV member votes (now can You???!!!), Shabibilicious!

:shakehead:       :shakehead:       :shakehead:

Maybe read all Your own 15k plus past post and then report back here, Shabibilicious! :peace:   ;)

• Upvote 2

12 minutes ago, Synopsis said:

No, Shabibilicious, I am not going to read all Your historic 15K plus posts (or vote on them) like there would be any value whatsoever in reading them. :peace:   ;)

Reading Your past posts has nothing to do with the actual point that You just can't accept the real point to the anonymous DV member votes (now can You???!!!), Shabibilicious!

Maybe read all Your own 15k plus past post and then report back here, Shabibilicious! :peace:   ;)

What point would that be.....or more specifically, what point would there be in giving someone 45 or so negs in mere minutes when clearly only a speed reader could go through all those posts that quickly and draw an honest conclusion?  

We had all but put this thread to bed until you got upset about something and started the whole process over.......What gives?

GO RV, then BV

• Upvote 1

35 minutes ago, Synopsis said:

For the sake of transparency, I just looked at the notifications of the event I've been talking about.  On Friday night Nov 3rd beginning at 11:15 p.m. and ending at 11:58 p.m. (43 minutes), I received 39 down votes (I apologize for being off by a few in my other posts)......that works out to almost 1 neg per minute.  To me, that seems like a personal vendetta.   If as you say, there's a certain allotment of negs per day, then it must have been numerous posters. That's all, that's it.  You can call it a Cry Fest if you wish, but I see it differently.

GO RV, then BV

• Upvote 2

7 minutes ago, Shabibilicious said:

For the sake of transparency, I just looked at the notifications of the event I've been talking about.  On Friday night Nov 3rd beginning at 11:15 p.m. and ending at 11:58 p.m. (43 minutes), I received 39 down votes (I apologize for being off by a few in my other posts)......that works out to almost 1 neg per minute.  To me, that seems like a personal vendetta.   If as you say, there's a certain allotment of negs per day, then it must have been numerous posters. That's all, that's it.  You can call it a Cry Fest if you wish, but I see it differently.

GO RV, then BV

Full-blown attack .... No doubt about it....Undeniable

• Upvote 3

3 hours ago, Shabibilicious said:

Agreed, kev.  In retrospect, I must admit when I logged in that morning and the childish injustice had occurred, I had a knee jerk impish reaction and started this thread seeking retribution against the evil doer(s).  As it turns out, I got a lot of positive and some negative feedback that will help me identify where some people's points of view are coming from when we're interacting in the threads.  It appears most will comment on the article itself, while others simply can't fight the urge to make it personal.....human nature, I suppose.  

GO RV, then BV 

Then.....................

40 minutes ago, Shabibilicious said:

We had all but put this thread to bed until you got upset about something and started the whole process over.......What gives?

Could You, Please, Shabibilicious, answer Your own question???!!!

:shrug:       :shrug:       :shrug:

I am disappointed that some one would question the anonymous voting protocol here at DV - one that applies to me as well. If some one(s) think I should have a ruby for any of my posts - then, please, by all means, I would hope the voter would do so of their own choosing.

I can not infer some paranoid personal vendetta against me. I don't even know (or care - imagine that) what so compelled You to seemingly attempt to call multiple individuals to task for the anonymous voting. I just can't answer or offer an explanation for why that happened except to note multiple people were so compelled to do so for whatever You posted.

I don't think people gang up on others here. At least I hope not. I would like to think I am an individual poster here and I would hope everyone has this very same view in this regard - whatever their views and dispositions are.

• Upvote 2

10 hours ago, Shabibilicious said:

GO RV, then BV

I do not know how you can find this info..but if someone was doing this to me I would be making a comment too.

• Upvote 1

13 hours ago, coorslite21 said:

seems pretty oblivious......(yep that was on porpus).....It's Putin and the Russians metaling.......(cornering the gold market anyhow..)....(on porpose again)......

the Russians are every where.......just watch the lame stream media..........or go see Palin and watch them out her kitchen window.....

They're everywhere.......!!!!

Yuk yuk!

very smooth!

• Upvote 4

13 hours ago, coorslite21 said:

seems pretty oblivious......(yep that was on porpus).....It's Putin and the Russians metaling.......(cornering the gold market anyhow..)....(on porpose again)......

the Russians are every where.......just watch the lame stream media..........or go see Palin and watch them out her kitchen window.....

They're everywhere.......!!!!

Yuk yuk!

very smooth!

my bad!

Edited by Muleslayer
Double post I hate ios11.0.3!
  • Like 1
  • Upvote 4

9 hours ago, SnowGlobe7 said:

I do not know how you can find this info..but if someone was doing this to me I would be making a comment too.

When you're signed in, go to your notifications (bell) and at the bottom of the pull down it will say "see all notifications".  Click on that and it will show everything you've received, after a week the notifications just give the date, but for one week you can see the date AND time that someone reacted to one of your posts.  If you go to that post and there's only a neg, you know what you got from a fan. 

GO RV, then BV 

• Upvote 2

On 11/5/2017 at 8:00 PM, Muleslayer said:

you appear to champion liberal points of view on a conservative forum.

Sorry folks, but I have to add my :twocents:.  I quoted the above remark because I think that this is a common misconception of a lot of folks.  Let me state this for the record:

THIS IS NEITHER A CONSERVATIVE NOR A LIBERAL FORUM/WEBSITE.

I believe that this misconception has promoted many ill feelings and caused much of the rubie-mongering which seems to have significantly increased over the last several months.

The purpose of a NEG/Rubie is not to show your disagreement with a topic or someone's opinion.  It is meant to show that a post is completely inappropriate and that there is no place for that type of behavior (i.e. foul language, sexually implicit remarks, other site reposting, and generally poor, immature behavior).  Everyone...AND I MEAN EVERYONE!... has the right to express their opinion on this site WITHOUT FEAR OF RECRIMINATION!  This site, in each and every forum and topic posted, is meant to bring people together who have a common interest...THE IRAQI DINAR.  The site has evolved over time in order to best serve the diverse interests of it members and guests.  It has never been, nor will it ever be, the intention of the site to become a battle ground for personal or political reasons.  Everyone who posts here is free to disagree on anything with anyone.  A certain level of maturity is expected which allows for the free-flow of differing viewpoints on any subject.  We should all respect each other's right to be different even if we don't agree!

Anyone with a little life experience under their belts should realize that no one on this earth...NO ONE...has complete and total knowledge of anything.  There are many who know something, a few who know much, but no one who knows all.

So I respectfully request that all of our members and guests keep in mind that this is a discussion forum where differing ideas and opinions are going to be presented.  I also request that we ALL respect each other and value the differences rather than slam others for being or thinking different.

Thanks for taking the time to read this!

TJ

• Like 2
  • Upvote 4
  • Downvote 1

54 minutes ago, tjokie said:

Sorry folks, but I have to add my :twocents:.  I quoted the above remark because I think that this is a common misconception of a lot of folks.  Let me state this for the record:

allow me to correct my statement.

He appears to be a champion of liberal Viewpoints on a forum that appears to be strongly conservative.

end correction.

I do not wish to open a can of worms with you tjokie, but my OPINION is that if a person deliberately takes the op-ed point of view in a place where the prevailing opinion is "right" that person would be wise to grow a thick skin.

to quote Shabs, "as always just my opinion" 

• Like 1
  • Upvote 4

@Muleslayer, not saying your wrong there.  If you're in a minority opinion you should be prepared for a little pushback concerning your opinion.  However, if a person is the type to just be contrary just to stir the pot, there's not too much that can be done.  My point is/was taken from the comment itself which gives misdirection to a specific "type" of site this is.  The comment was more of a "target of opportunity" than a perception of any wrong doing.  Please forgive me if I didn't make that clear.  

Even with my post, which was a plea for folks to get along and have respect for one another's opinion, I received a neg.  I guess you just can't get some folks to listen to reason no matter how hard you try!  LOL!  Here's one to start your weekend off on me!  :cheesehead:

• Upvote 5

37 minutes ago, tjokie said:

@Muleslayer, not saying your wrong there.  If you're in a minority opinion you should be prepared for a little pushback concerning your opinion.  However, if a person is the type to just be contrary just to stir the pot, there's not too much that can be done.  My point is/was taken from the comment itself which gives misdirection to a specific "type" of site this is.  The comment was more of a "target of opportunity" than a perception of any wrong doing.  Please forgive me if I didn't make that clear.  

Even with my post, which was a plea for folks to get along and have respect for one another's opinion, I received a neg.  I guess you just can't get some folks to listen to reason no matter how hard you try!  LOL!  Here's one to start your weekend off on me!  :cheesehead:

While I can't remove your neg, I did give you a Emerald to even you out.

Cheers and have a great week end

pp

• Like 1
  • Upvote 5

2 hours ago, Muleslayer said:

allow me to correct my statement.

He appears to be a champion of liberal Viewpoints on a forum that appears to be strongly conservative.

end correction.

I do not wish to open a can of worms with you tjokie, but my OPINION is that if a person deliberately takes the op-ed point of view in a place where the prevailing opinion is "right" that person would be wise to grow a thick skin.

to quote Shabs, "as always just my opinion" 

Your opinion is spot on, Mule...........I am a CHAMPION.  :eyebrows:  As always, just my very humble opinion.  ;)

GO RV, then BV

• Upvote 2

3 hours ago, tjokie said:

THIS IS NEITHER A CONSERVATIVE NOR A LIBERAL FORUM/WEBSITE.

I believe that this misconception has promoted many ill feelings and caused much of the rubie-mongering which seems to have significantly increased over the last several months.

The purpose of a NEG/Rubie is not to show your disagreement with a topic or someone's opinion.  It is meant to show that a post is completely inappropriate and that there is no place for that type of behavior (i.e. foul language, sexually implicit remarks, other site reposting, and generally poor, immature behavior).  Everyone...AND I MEAN EVERYONE!... has the right to express their opinion on this site WITHOUT FEAR OF RECRIMINATION!  This site, in each and every forum and topic posted, is meant to bring people together who have a common interest...THE IRAQI DINAR.  The site has evolved over time in order to best serve the diverse interests of it members and guests.  It has never been, nor will it ever be, the intention of the site to become a battle ground for personal or political reasons.  Everyone who posts here is free to disagree on anything with anyone.  A certain level of maturity is expected which allows for the free-flow of differing viewpoints on any subject.  We should all respect each other's right to be different even if we don't agree!

Anyone with a little life experience under their belts should realize that no one on this earth...NO ONE...has complete and total knowledge of anything.  There are many who know something, a few who know much, but no one who knows all.

So I respectfully request that all of our members and guests keep in mind that this is a discussion forum where differing ideas and opinions are going to be presented.  I also request that we ALL respect each other and value the differences rather than slam others for being or thinking different.

Thanks for taking the time to read this!

TJ

Thank you for taking the time to clear some things up, TJ.  Much appreciated.  ;)

GO RV, then BV

• Upvote 3