Guest views are now limited to 12 pages. If you get an "Error" message, just sign in! If you need to create an account, click here.

• CRYPTO REWARDS!

Full endorsement on this opportunity - but it's limited, so get in while you can!

Flat Earth - 5 minute summary

bigwave

3 hours ago, Markinsa said:

I hear ya Mark - but for every one I see like this one I can go to the flattie side and get flat views.

BTW it did appear that several of the clips were flat or near flat vs round as a beach ball...

7 hours ago, bigwave said:

I hear ya Mark - but for every one I see like this one I can go to the flattie side and get flat views.

BTW it did appear that several of the clips were flat or near flat vs round as a beach ball...

Did you know one of our duties in the Navy was when we were out a sea, we would have to record our Longitude and Lattitude hourly from the ships Gyro Compass?  It was a pretty good size piece of equipment and looked like R2D2.  One deployment I tracked our progress from Japan to the Philippines on a Chart I got from the Quartermaster.  Track and destination were right on the money according to the Chart.  

• Upvote 1

On 11/5/2017 at 9:19 AM, Indraman said:

@Flat-Earthers, if the Earth truly is flat and there is a big conspiracy to make everyone think it is round, what is the purpose of the deception? What value do you think Round-Earthers would get by making people think a supposedly "flat-earth" was round?

Indy 

GENESIS 3

3 But of the fruit of the tree which is in the midst of the garden, God hath said, Ye shall not eat of it, neither shall ye touch it, lest ye die.

4 And the serpent said unto the woman, Ye shall not surely die: 

5 For God doth know that in the day ye eat thereof, then your eyes shall be opened, and ye shall be as gods, knowing good and evil.

In the beginning Satan called God a liar by telling Eve that she would not die if she ate of the Tree of Knowledge of good and evil. 

Today Satan is telling the entire human race that same lie.

You ask, 

What value do you think Round-Earthers would get by making people think a supposedly "flat-earth" was round?

Your answer is to get every single person to believe that God is a liar. 

That simple.

And in doing so Satan has made the churches of God hypocrites and lukewarm wannabees that attack anyone that tells them what the word of God

actually says is true.  

• Upvote 2

1 hour ago, Markinsa said:

How do they believe that?  

Because God told us what the earth looks like in the Bible. 

Which is why today's Church is the Church of Laodicea

Just because today's Christian doesn't believe the Word of God is true,

Doesn't mean that God's Word isn't true. 

In the end 

It's not going to be about what we think and believe.

It will be about what God Said. 

And where you come down on that. 

• Upvote 1

@LGD, so if I believe that some truths in the Bible are clearly called out without question, and other so-called are not clearly called out, where do you fall on this?

For example, Jesus clearly stated that He is the way, the truth, the light, and that no one would get to the Father but through Him...this is an absolute truth. 

Now the rapture, on the other hand is not absolute with regards to when it will occur - pre, mid, or post Tribulations. This is left to debate but in any case, should not affect our daily walk with God and our salvation. 

If I don't believe that this floating rock is round, but yet still believe Jesus is Lord, how will this matter to me? 

Indy 

• Upvote 4

6 hours ago, Indraman said:

@LGD, so if I believe that some truths in the Bible are clearly called out without question, and other so-called are not clearly called out, where do you fall on this?

For example, Jesus clearly stated that He is the way, the truth, the light, and that no one would get to the Father but through Him...this is an absolute truth. 

Now the rapture, on the other hand is not absolute with regards to when it will occur - pre, mid, or post Tribulations. This is left to debate but in any case, should not affect our daily walk with God and our salvation. 

If I don't believe that this floating rock is round, but yet still believe Jesus is Lord, how will this matter to me? 

Indy 

A valid question, to be sure, but in the question can be seen how the religion  of Science has so infiltrated our thinking. If I tell you the earth is flat like the bible says; you automatically still think that it is floating around in some kind of universe. But that simply isn't what God said. Basically the earth is his footstool, in the throne room of Heaven.

As for the timing of the rapture it is man that says that we don't know when that will be. The Bible clearly tells us that it will be before the tribulation. 

Revelation 3:10

10 Because thou hast kept the word of my patience, I also will keep thee from the hour of temptation, which shall come upon all the world, to try them that dwell upon the earth.

How this gets misconstrued that preachers say no one knows when this event will occur is because Jesus said himself that no one knows the hour or the day or this event. But it will be before the tribulation, which no one knows when that will be.   

In closing I wish to say that it is not my attempt to sway anyone's mind here. I was simply answering a question as I believe the Holy Spirit to have revealed it to me. The Bible is literal, but make no mistake about it, one can never understand anything that it says without the Holy Spirit teaching them. And that is why my signature on DV gives everyone the key to understanding. One must, "Seek ye FIRST the Kingdom of Heaven", making His will and His Kingdom all that matters most in our lives. Then and only then will one SUDDENLY find that the Bible is a magical Book filled with many mysteries.  

• Upvote 4

9 hours ago, ladyGrace'sDaddy said:

A valid question, to be sure, but in the question can be seen how the religion  of Science has so infiltrated our thinking. If I tell you the earth is flat like the bible says; you automatically still think that it is floating around in some kind of universe. But that simply isn't what God said. Basically the earth is his footstool, in the throne room of Heaven.

As for the timing of the rapture it is man that says that we don't know when that will be. The Bible clearly tells us that it will be before the tribulation. 

Revelation 3:10

10 Because thou hast kept the word of my patience, I also will keep thee from the hour of temptation, which shall come upon all the world, to try them that dwell upon the earth.

How this gets misconstrued that preachers say no one knows when this event will occur is because Jesus said himself that no one knows the hour or the day or this event. But it will be before the tribulation, which no one knows when that will be.   

In closing I wish to say that it is not my attempt to sway anyone's mind here. I was simply answering a question as I believe the Holy Spirit to have revealed it to me. The Bible is literal, but make no mistake about it, one can never understand anything that it says without the Holy Spirit teaching them. And that is why my signature on DV gives everyone the key to understanding. One must, "Seek ye FIRST the Kingdom of Heaven", making His will and His Kingdom all that matters most in our lives. Then and only then will one SUDDENLY find that the Bible is a magical Book filled with many mysteries.  

Fair answer... 

One thing I will say is that my fate is sealed by the blood of Jesus and I will always seek His spirit and truth for the answers to the questions that are before us. 

I also believe in a pre-tribulation rapture, but I also understand the viewpoints of mid-trib (probably the next most likely scenario) and post-trib (I think the least likely supported). I have had theological discussions on all three with very well versed and strong believers and understand how they have come to their conclusions. I would caution you as to take the one verse and reference as the defacto reason for pre-tribulation rapture...I feel just this one verse alone cannot and should not be the reason for drawing your final conclusion. 

Indy 

• Upvote 2

5 hours ago, Shabibilicious said:

And yet, nary an edge of the world has been seen.  :shrug:

GO RV, then BV

Well should you be surprised; have you’ve searched the way of mysteries by its sudden magical ways..?!

“The word of God is alive and exerts power.” (Heb. 4:12) With those words the apostle Paul highlighted the power of God’s word to touch hearts and to transform lives.

That view of the power of the Bible’s message became muddled, however, when the foretold apostasy took root after the death of the apostles. (2 Pet. 2:1-3) In time, church leaders started to attribute magical powers to God’s Word. Much of the concept of magic-working sorcery is based on the belief that evil spirits can be induced either to leave or to enter a person, that they can be tricked and deceived, and that they can be captured or trapped in a piece of wood or a clay image. For example, it is claimed that by making magic paths of honey or other agreeable things, the demons can be led around at the will of the magician.

All such notions naturally gave rise to a crafty class of magic-practicing priests, who exercised great power over the lives of the people, on the pretense of possessing supernatural powers over and beyond those of the demons. The people believed that these professional sorcerers could invoke the demons to obey but that the demons had no power over the sorcerers.

These spiritistic practices, so-called sciences, were developed and used by the ancient Chaldeans of Babylonia. Isaiah, in the eighth century B.C.E., tells us that Babylon of his day was rife with sorceries of all sorts. (Isa 47:12-15) More than a century later, in the days of Daniel, the magic-practicing priests were still a part of the Babylonian court. (Da 1:20; 2:2, 10, 27; 4:7; 5:11) This expression “magic-practicing priests” is a literal and explicit translation of the Hebrew.

The Babylonians had a great fear of physically deformed persons called warlocks and witches, in the belief that they were dispensers of “black” magic. The priests, on the other hand, were said to be masters of “white” magic.

Such a statement, no matter the ignorance of the spokesman’s back ground, is a direct mockery and complete defiance against Almighty God and his word..!

14 hours ago, ladyGrace'sDaddy said:

one SUDDENLY find that the Bible is a magical Book filled with many mysteries.  

As the Bible forbids every form of spiritistic magic. (Le 19:26; De 18:9-14) “As for a man or woman in whom there proves to be a mediumistic spirit or spirit of prediction, they should be put to death without fail.” (Le 19:26; 20:27) “There should not be found in you . . . a practicer of magic or anyone who looks for omens or a sorcerer, or one who binds others with a spell or anyone who consults a spirit medium.”—De 18:10-14.

16 hours ago, Fly said:

Well should you be surprised; have you’ve searched the way of mysteries by its sudden magical ways..?!

“The word of God is alive and exerts power.” (Heb. 4:12) With those words the apostle Paul highlighted the power of God’s word to touch hearts and to transform lives.

That view of the power of the Bible’s message became muddled, however, when the foretold apostasy took root after the death of the apostles. (2 Pet. 2:1-3) In time, church leaders started to attribute magical powers to God’s Word. Much of the concept of magic-working sorcery is based on the belief that evil spirits can be induced either to leave or to enter a person, that they can be tricked and deceived, and that they can be captured or trapped in a piece of wood or a clay image. For example, it is claimed that by making magic paths of honey or other agreeable things, the demons can be led around at the will of the magician.

All such notions naturally gave rise to a crafty class of magic-practicing priests, who exercised great power over the lives of the people, on the pretense of possessing supernatural powers over and beyond those of the demons. The people believed that these professional sorcerers could invoke the demons to obey but that the demons had no power over the sorcerers.

These spiritistic practices, so-called sciences, were developed and used by the ancient Chaldeans of Babylonia. Isaiah, in the eighth century B.C.E., tells us that Babylon of his day was rife with sorceries of all sorts. (Isa 47:12-15) More than a century later, in the days of Daniel, the magic-practicing priests were still a part of the Babylonian court. (Da 1:20; 2:2, 10, 27; 4:7; 5:11) This expression “magic-practicing priests” is a literal and explicit translation of the Hebrew.

The Babylonians had a great fear of physically deformed persons called warlocks and witches, in the belief that they were dispensers of “black” magic. The priests, on the other hand, were said to be masters of “white” magic.

Such a statement, no matter the ignorance of the spokesman’s back ground, is a direct mockery and complete defiance against Almighty God and his word..!

As the Bible forbids every form of spiritistic magic. (Le 19:26; De 18:9-14) “As for a man or woman in whom there proves to be a mediumistic spirit or spirit of prediction, they should be put to death without fail.” (Le 19:26; 20:27) “There should not be found in you . . . a practicer of magic or anyone who looks for omens or a sorcerer, or one who binds others with a spell or anyone who consults a spirit medium.”—De 18:10-14.

I've read your words 3 times and I still have no idea why you quoted me or what you're inferring.....am I a black magic wizard because I've somehow made a mockery of God's word as written by men simply because I believe our planet is a ball of wonderment?  Please....I'm a confused egg, baste me.  :shrug:

GO RV, then BV

• Like 2

8 hours ago, Shabibilicious said:

I've read your words 3 times and I still have no idea why you quoted me or what you're inferring.....am I a black magic wizard because I've somehow made a mockery of God's word as written by men simply because I believe our planet is a ball of wonderment?  Please....I'm a confused egg, baste me.  :shrug:

GO RV, then BV

I'm somewhat baffled too and have been trying to comprehend why some good people have made the poor choice of believing the earth is somehow flat. I'm drawing ideas in my head but because my mind thinks in images putting thoughts into words, hoping to produce a beneficial argument for people that just want to argue, is just one of the factors making their flat earth subject complicating; obviously this is by design and not of their own making.

Something else I believe to be a complicating factor of the conviction that earth must be flat is deception, magic, sorcery, crafty acts, spells, hypnosis or whatever term you wish to give it, it 'can' be a problem and a 'major' factor here. 
My intention was not in calling you out but my focused intent was calling out the ignorance of the person discrediting the only real source for mankind to seek beneficial answers, by calling the Bible a book one suddenly finds is a magical book filled with mysteries!

Something that is condemned by the very author of the book. 

I made a multiple quote; the blue font, I was responding to your post although my response, maybe not my best, but at the same time wanting to have a little fun; was a derogatory comment pointing to my second quoted post.

Your not suggesting to have all the answers, and, searching for answers is not making a mockery of the Bible.
I hope this help clear up my meaning, thank you for requesting clarification.

Mat 9:36-On seeing the crowds, he felt pity for them, because they were skinned and thrown about like sheep without a shepherd

• 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...
16 minutes ago, Shabibilicious said:

If the Earth is truly flat, then one must conclude it is made of.........sumptuous pancake batter.  :huh: i.e....flat as a pancake.

Earth+Day+Pancakes+3.jpg 

GO RV, then BV

The topographic transects of both Kansas and apancake at millimeter scale are both quite flat, but this first analysis showed that Kansas is clearly flatter(see Figure 4). Figure 4. Surface topography ofKansas and of a pancake. Mathematically, a value of 1.000 would indicate perfect, platonic flatness.
  • Haha 2