Guest views are now limited to 12 pages. If you get an "Error" message, just sign in! If you need to create an account, click here.

• CRYPTO REWARDS!

Full endorsement on this opportunity - but it's limited, so get in while you can!

Gypsygirl

In the VIP section Adam and several of the members talk about bitcoin and how to get a wallet etc.

A plug for Adam - that information alone paid for all of my investment with him. Thank you Adam.

I also watched a few video's; one was from Gate's and he predicts a million for each coin.

I also read and article by Warren Buffet who said that Bitcoin will tank.

All monetary funds do not like Bitcoin as it squeezes them out of profits.

Some governments and government entities are taking a look at the bitcoin model.

I picked up a few early on.

Only invest what you can afford to loose.

I figure I spent on bitcoin what I would have if I went on a couple of vacations.

No risks, no goodies.

Hope it helps,

BW

• Upvote 2

Gypsy I assume you have dabbled in IQD so it is not a big leap to dip your toe in the crypto pool.

You usually need Bitcoin or Ethereum in order to expand into new ICO  (Intial Coin Offering) which is where the most gains can be made in the short term. Otherwise hold BTC or ETH for the long term for steady gains.

Don't be put off by prices currently as you only need to buy a fraction of a coin in the case of BTC or 3 or so ETH.

Head over to the VIP section where some of us shoot the breeze and assist people getting started. Afterall we were all newbies at some point. I can call myself one who has learnt from over eagerness to be involved and made some foolish rash transaction that hurt my back pocket.... those are the best lessons learnt and burnt/imprinted into the brain.

Good luck

• Like 1

No worries  Gypsy.

.. hindsight is a marvellous thing bit how could we all be rich if we had that but alas not yo be. 

Dip your toe in mow adoption of cryptos is still less than 1% of stock market. Once it hits 10% it will be unstoppable as it gathers momentum and is used by the masses. You will then be proud that you made an early adopter start.

• Upvote 1

On ‎11‎/‎14‎/‎2017 at 2:40 AM, FlyHi said:

No worries  Gypsy.

.. hindsight is a marvellous thing bit how could we all be rich if we had that but alas not yo be. 

Dip your toe in mow adoption of cryptos is still less than 1% of stock market. Once it hits 10% it will be unstoppable as it gathers momentum and is used by the masses. You will then be proud that you made an early adopter start.

Good point....Thanks

• Upvote 1

• 2 weeks later...

Interesting discussion from a fund manager.  Sorry I don't have the name.  This is his take for an Elliot Wave perspective.

Elliot Wave prediction for bitcoin price move from here

This is to follow up with my earlier price prediction posts. In my last one I said that bitcoin would first correct to at least $6,600 (2/3 of my targets were hi, down to as low as $6,000) to complete wave 4 and then start a wave 5 that “could take prices well above $10,000”).

As this is precisely what happened I am now updating my scenario. Please note that I would not really assign more than a 66% probability to this one as I have a hard time to see bitcoin correct this much at this point in time. Though perhaps that is exactly the reason why it is likely to happen (after all I am just human and I suffer from the same behavioral biases as all of us).

Current situation

1*XNLm79MsuVQmlcYgcuxu5w.png
Long Term

1*aQBH_y55FOv0huREXy0-Rg.png
Short Term

As you can (hopefully) see on the charts, wave 5 is in full force. I actually think we are in the process of the bubble really taking off, very similar to what happened in the Nasdaq 100 at the end of 1999. It then rose another 100% in very short time before it crashed. In the crypto world “a very short time” could well just be a few days or weeks. As this move started at about $8,300 it could mean that this wave ends above $15,000. To be honest — I have no idea how high it will rise, but I can see that the sell order books on most exchanges are practically empty. So every time the price takes a “round number” hurdle, it can easily shoot up another $500–800 without much resistance.

Outlook

Wherever this current move ends, it is likely that it will be followed by a pronounced correction. Given it would mark the end of a 15 months bull cycle, I would expect a full A-B-C correction potentially going as low as $5,500 to $7,500. It is unlikely that such a move would happen without a catalyst, but I can see the following three possibilities for that:

a) Euphoria around the launch of Futures culminates when they actually launch on CME, potentially sending the price up 25% or so on that day and then giving people enough reasons to sell in droves. Alternatively in this same bucket any kind of issues around the final authorization for CME Futures trading (note they will launch “pending regulatory approval”) could be a more negative catalyst

B) The ICO bubble bursting on harsh new SEC regulation or even the SEC bringing numerous cases at the same time and some founders facing jail if they cannot reimburse investors

c) The Tether construct blowing up in the face of a few exchanges. Other people have written enough about this topic but I can see almost no scenario in which the US government tolerates a company with known human actors to deal with their currency in this way, while I do not believe for a second that USDT “bought” for bitcoin when these are sold on an exchange actually get converted into real USD. There probably already are 5 USDT per actual USD that Tether may or may not have on an undisclosed bank account. A crash in USDT price would hurt quite a few exchanges. I even think today it should not trade higher than $0.2 per USDT…

So in summary, I think we are about to see a higher high on btc than anyone would have thought possible, but at this point in the rally I would be extremely cautious with new positions and the above is my best guess as to where we are going from here. It does remain just a personal opinion and a guess.

Finally, the usual important disclaimer: This is not investment advice, this is my personal and not my professional opinion. Any asset can go to zero.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

On 11/19/2017 at 5:37 AM, Gypsygirl11 said:

A friend recommended COINBASE....I'm sure there are several to choose from. 

I'm using Gemini - takes some time (about 3 weeks for me) to get verified for an account, but I'm impressed by their security and the fees are lower than coinbase. 

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

here is  a question  ---- how does one know  if they are not getting taken to the cleaners , as in another  ---

Bernard Madoff
Bernard Lawrence "Bernie" Madoff is an American fraudster and a former stockbroker, investment advisor, and financier. He is the former non-executive chairman of the NASDAQ stock market, and the admitted operator of a Ponzi scheme