Guest views are now limited to 12 pages. If you get an "Error" message, just sign in! If you need to create an account, click here.

• CRYPTO REWARDS!

Full endorsement on this opportunity - but it's limited, so get in while you can!

Fibromyalgia and LDN low dose naltrexone

My wife has had Fibromyalgia for years now.  It was weird but one day out of no where she had intense pains.  She has had every test known and no doctor could explain. They prescribed pain meds and she walked around like a zombie for what seemed like a long time. Had her try some HIGH CBD marijuana and it actually worked to stop the pain. She weaned off the pain meds completely and just used a vaporizer to use the weed. Pain was manageable for years  She researched for a long time and heard about low dose naltrexone  LDN.  It is intended for auto immune disorders and cancer patients but has many other new found effects.  She talked her doctor into letting her try it out and IT WORKED!!!!! Now she is off the weed completely and her pain levels are almost gone completely.

May not work for everyone but this drug has given my wife her life back. If you have Fibromyalgia and live in constant pain then you should research this med and see if its for you.

Edited by SocalDinar
  • Upvote 4

Thank You SD !! While I nnever speak of it, I to have this but have refused THC relief due to my work enviroment which at this time would get me dismissed.

I will talk with my Dr. and print this off to take with me.

Thank you very much for taking the time to post this Informative piece of Information.

pp

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, tankdude said:

A little more info on fibromyalgia for you - this is becoming known as a cellular mitochondria and REDOX issue. Oxidative stress issues can be a causative - so if you can address those issues - it helps the cells to recover.

http://www.theredoxdoc.com/wp-content/uploads/NewsLetterNOV.pdf

Thxs TD, I will take whatever help I can get.

pp

You might also want to take a look at the link between glutathione levels and fibromyalgia (you got me researching again....)

http://www.immunehealthscience.com/treatment-for-fibromyalgia.html

And this is an article I did here a while back on the bodies own antioxidants which kind of explains glutathione and some of the other things mentioned in the above article.

• Upvote 2

3 hours ago, SocalDinar said:

My wife has had Fibromyalgia for years now.  It was weird but one day out of no where she had intense pains.  She has had every test known and no doctor could explain. They prescribed pain meds and she walked around like a zombie for what seemed like a long time. Had her try some HIGH CBD marijuana and it actually worked to stop the pain. She weaned off the pain meds completely and just used a vaporizer to use the weed. Pain was manageable for years  She researched for a long time and heard about low dose naltrexone  LDN.  It is intended for auto immune disorders and cancer patients but has many other new found effects.  She talked her doctor into letting her try it out and IT WORKED!!!!! Now she is off the weed completely and her pain levels are almost gone completely.

May not work for everyone but this drug has given my wife her life back. If you have Fibromyalgia and live in constant pain then you should research this med and see if its for you.

Did a little more digging - and it appears that the mechanism of action for LDN is raising the endorphin levels in the body - 

http://www.toxipedia.org/download/attachments/17044484/Report %2319 - Low Dose Naltrexone.pdf?version=1&modificationDate=1388194233000&api=v2

"it has been shown that elevated levels of endorphins, due to the administration of LDN is responsible for:
 Down regulating inflammatory cytokines
 Reducing inflammation and oxidative stress
 Facilitating tissue repair and wound healing
 Restoring T-helper/CD4 levels
 Restoring the balance between Th1 & Th2 lymphocytes
 Increasing cytotoxic T cells and natural killer (NK) cells
 Regulating cell growth & inhibiting tumor growth
 Reducing excitotoxicity and microglial activation
 Reducing apoptosis of the myelin-producing oligodendrocytes
 Stimulating mucosal healing (lining of bowel)"

In other words - helping to eliminate the oxidative stress in the cells and the resulting mitochondrial damage.  If you coupled this with other products that raised glutathione leves and reduced the oxidative stress on the cellular level, I'm guessing you could see some marked results 

DISCLAIMER - this is my personal opinion is not intended to replace professional medical advice or treatment. Supplements are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any diseases or medical conditions. Please note that individual results may vary. You should consult with a healthcare professional for any health concern, and share any information pertaining to your health and well-being, including the use of supplements. 

(A wise lawyer told me to start adding this to any health posts that I put up since I'm not a medical professional - just a knowledgeable lay person)

• Upvote 2