Guest views are now limited to 12 pages. If you get an "Error" message, just sign in! If you need to create an account, click here.

• CRYPTO REWARDS!

Full endorsement on this opportunity - but it's limited, so get in while you can!

Election of four judges of the International Criminal Court, including two Arabs

yota691

Release date: 2017/11/2 14:36 • 23 times read
UN calls on Iraq to join ICC
{International: Al Furat News} The United Nations today called on Iraq to join the International Criminal Court or search for other ways to punish calling for atrocities during the battle of Mosul.
The United Nations called on the Iraqi authorities to conduct a separate investigation into the casualties of the air strikes of civilians and any violations in the battle of Mosul. 
The organization stressed that the Iraqi courts have no jurisdiction over international crimes such as genocide and Baghdad show seriousness about bringing the perpetrators to justice
  • Upvote 8

ARAB WORLD
13:29 02.11.2017(Updated 14:08 02.11.2017)

On Thursday, November 2, the Office of the United Nations High Commissioner for Human Rights (OHCHR) announced that the atrocities committed by the Da'ash organization during the battle to liberate the Iraqi city of Mosul were "international crimes" that the Iraqi courts currently have no jurisdiction to consider.

The United Nations has asked the Iraqi authorities to conduct a separate investigation into the victims of the air strikes of civilians and any violations of Iraqi forces in the battle of Mosul, according to 
Reuters.

The organization stressed that the Iraqi courts have no jurisdiction over international crimes such as genocide, and Baghdad must show seriousness about bringing the perpetrators to justice.

In another context, the Iraqi popular crowd announced that the leaders of the crowd discussed a plan for the return of business life between Iraq, Syria and Jordan after securing the border.

• Upvote 3

The United Nations accuses a supporter of "international crimes" in Mozul

Baghdad / NRT

The atrocities committed by a militant organization during the battle to restore the Iraqi city of Mosul are "international crimes" for which the Iraqi courts currently have no jurisdiction to investigate, the Office of the United Nations High Commissioner for Human Rights (OHCHR) said on Thursday.

In a report today (November 2, 2017), the Office called on Iraq to accept the authority of the International Criminal Court to investigate crimes such as genocide, crimes against humanity and war crimes and said that ensuring justice was necessary to rebuild trust and sustainable reconciliation in the country.

On June 9, 2014, after the withdrawal of the Iraqi forces and the establishment of an organization calling for control of the city of Mosul as well as vital installations in the city, the most important of which was the Nineveh Governorate building, the airport and television channels. This was followed by the release of 1,000 prisoners from the central prison , And accused the parties of Prime Minister Nuri al-Maliki to the fall of the city as a result of his reliance on the leadership of Nineveh operations, which did not aspire to the preservation of the plans, and he listened to intelligence reports and does not listen to the civilian leaders in the province.

In the course of a controlled organization, the city witnessed documented violations against civilians. According to reports issued by the United Nations, the organization has mastered methods of repression and torture against innocent people who are arrested on charges of "false" and "unjustified".

On October 17, 2016, the Iraqi Prime Minister announced the start of operations to restore the city of Mosul from the grip of the Daqash organization, while the international coalition continued to bomb the western part of the city.

Abadi said in a speech quoted by state television that the entry of Mosul to be restored from the organization of the state will be limited to the army and police.

He added that "there was an attempt to delay the process of restoring Mosul, but we and the lowest," noting that this year will be the year of salvation of the organization is calling.

Last July, the commander-in-chief of the advancing forces, Haidar al-Abadi, from Mosul, announced the full restoration of the city by Iraqi forces from the grip of the Daish organization.

Al-Abbadi said that the victory in Mosul was planned, completed and implemented by Iraqis, and Iraqis have the right to be proud of this achievement.

http://www.albaghdadiyanews.com/?p=72908

• Upvote 2

I'm no type sure anyone rightly knows the answer to your question Snowglobe but I think, if Abadi goes down that path he will meet too much resistance and a greater divide. Things seem to be pulling together......it's better IMMHO, that Maliki gets caught up by the UN. That way, Abadi won't look as if he is doing this under his own political agenda. 

• Like 2

40 minutes ago, Flamtap said:

I'm no type sure anyone rightly knows the answer to your question Snowglobe but I think, if Abadi goes down that path he will meet too much resistance and a greater divide. Things seem to be pulling together......it's better IMMHO, that Maliki gets caught up by the UN. That way, Abadi won't look as if he is doing this under his own political agenda. 

I get that especially with the election looming. 

34 minutes ago, Half Crazy Runner said:

The UN is saying the Iraqi court has no jurisdiction in this matter 

OK that makes sense. I remember the trials from the country of Bosnia (I think it was Bosnia) for genocide.

• Upvote 3

I heard Abbadi can'take touch Maliki because then he might be exposed for some of the crimes he committed ato the time as well. I agree that this is a good way to rid Iraq of Maliki and at the same time won't hurt Abbadi's chances of being re-elected.

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Half Crazy Runner said:

The UN is saying the Iraqi court has no jurisdiction in this matter 

Genocide must be dealt with by the UN apparently... as well as appropriately! The use of gases alone makes Maliki guilty for allowing that, most likely knew it was coming. I still say Maliki’s plan was steal the country blind, turn what was left over to ISIS, then run like hell hoping all the paperwork and books would get lost in the turmoil....

• Upvote 1

8 minutes ago, Rmc10 said:

I heard Abbadi can'take touch Maliki because then he might be exposed for some of the crimes he committed ato the time as well. I agree that this is a good way to rid Iraq of Maliki and at the same time won't hurt Abbadi's chances of being re-elected.

Find it hard to imagine Abadi committing any crimes, but do know Maliki is still on the loose which means Abadi’s hands are tied to do anything....

ok I remember when there was a list of who in Iraq had bank accounts here n America. there was a list of who and how much they had....Abadi was one of them. At the time I remember thinking that anyone can open an account in anyone's name and put money in it and I thought this might be the case . I think Maliki had a ton of money and the one with Abadis name did not have even kinda that amount that Maliki and others had. 

I think in the ME world and others...sometimes you gotta play the game to get what is need by the people. Your opponent is not playing fair....and you cant win against those kind of people playing fair. 

I have always thought Abadi has Iraq in his heart and will fight for his people. I still do.

• Upvote 3

It seems every time you think " well maybe " not much more to do - then they turn a corner and there's a1000 more things to do/and they're not ready yet. 

I guess while Maliki was in power, the only things to get done was the Systematic Financial Fleeceing of UNTOLD BILLIONS into overseas bank accounts-small wonder then there remains so many things still to be sorted out.

Meanwhile, closing in on 15 YEARS in this investment, I'm losing what little patience & what's left of my mind with " THE WAITING "

Hope to God they don't drag this thru the weeds throughout 2018 ! Damned Foot Draggers.

• Upvote 2

18 minutes ago, SnowGlobe7 said:

ok I remember when there was a list of who in Iraq had bank accounts here n America. there was a list of who and how much they had....Abadi was one of them. At the time I remember thinking that anyone can open an account in anyone's name and put money in it and I thought this might be the case . I think Maliki had a ton of money and the one with Abadis name did not have even kinda that amount that Maliki and others had. 

I think in the ME world and others...sometimes you gotta play the game to get what is need by the people. Your opponent is not playing fair....and you cant win against those kind of people playing fair. 

I have always thought Abadi has Iraq in his heart and will fight for his people. I still do.

That’s a good theory. I never have felt that Abadi was stashing stolen $$$ in the US under his own name either. I still believe in him too, he’s done so much good for Iraq!

• Upvote 1

I personally think Abbadi is a good guy too. I just heard that from another DV member and for some reason it stuck out in my mind because I was just wondering at the time why no one was going after Maliki since he's done so many bad things. Just a thought that came to my mind I guess. 

Edited by Rmc10
  • Upvote 1

8 hours ago, yota691 said:
Release date: 2017/11/2 14:36 • 23 times read
UN calls on Iraq to join ICC
{International: Al Furat News} The United Nations today called on Iraq to join the International Criminal Court or search for other ways to punish calling for atrocities during the battle of Mosul.
The United Nations called on the Iraqi authorities to conduct a separate investigation into the casualties of the air strikes of civilians and any violations in the battle of Mosul. 
The organization stressed that the Iraqi courts have no jurisdiction over international crimes such as genocide and Baghdad show seriousness about bringing the perpetrators to justice

Guess they will have direct flights . 

• Upvote 2

5 minutes ago, gregp said:

Keeping Abadi neutral on the matter during the campaign. Excellent move!

That is what I thought for quite a while because if Abadi went after him there would be internal hell to pay.

This way  with the rest of the world going after Malarki  all the better for Abadi. We all know what kind of

intel the US and others have been amassing on pumpkin head his self.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

• yota691 changed the title to Election of four judges of the International Criminal Court, including two Arabs