Guest views are now limited to 12 pages. If you get an "Error" message, just sign in! If you need to create an account, click here.

• CRYPTO REWARDS!

Full endorsement on this opportunity - but it's limited, so get in while you can!

Stolen Valor

Stolen valor pisses me off to no end.  Dirt bags accepting an unearned pat on the back, or discounts to their favorite eatery, while real heroes give the ultimate sacrifice......But it almost ticks me off more that Fox News would be too careless to vet this man because of their eagerness to earn more praise from their man in the White House.  Pathetic excuse for a news source.  As always, just my "Fake News" opinion.  <_<

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/morning-mix/wp/2017/10/20/retired-navy-seal-praising-trump-on-fox-news-was-a-fake/?utm_term=.1056174ddd7a

GO RV, then BV

Edited by Shabibilicious
  • Upvote 3
  • Downvote 1

I'm with you  - stolen valor pisses me off too. It also pisses me of when ANY national news service doesn't vet information - especially something they are fairly certin that will "go viral".

In my opinion  :rolleyes:  it's sad that a person can claim to be part of our Military - "wear"  (I use the term loosely) the uniform in public - make these type of claims - and the Supreme Court has declared it as protected under the Constitution - up to a point at least.

Once they try to use it for personal gain - and if they are claiming 1 of 11 awards - then it becomes a federal crime, punishable by a fine, imprisonment for not more than one year, or both. 

So - as a for instance - a "wannabe" is wearing the uniform, has a Combat Infantry Badge displayed on it - that is all legally fine - no matter how poorly he is wearing the uniform, how much he tries to tell  you he was a Green Beret - even though he can't tell you what his MOS is or what the criteria is for having a Combat Infantry Badge  - or how it differs from the Expert Infantry Badge (which looks nearly identical).  However, if he then asks for a "Military Discount"  at a fast good restaurant - that just became a federal offense.  Does that really make sense?

"Laws are like sausages, it is better not to see them being made." - Otto von Bismarck

• Upvote 1

4 hours ago, Shabibilicious said:

Stolen valor pisses me off to no end.  Dirt bags accepting an unearned pat on the back, or discounts to their favorite eatery, while real heroes give the ultimate sacrifice......But it almost ticks me off more that Fox News would be too careless to vet this man

I was with you right to here. Then you lost me. No, I did not neg you.

I never served in the military and I think it is a tragedy that someone would ride the backs of brave men and women who do sacrifice to serve our country. There should be a price for this theft and the veterans should set it. 

• Upvote 2