Guest views are now limited to 12 pages. If you get an "Error" message, just sign in! If you need to create an account, click here.

• CRYPTO REWARDS!

Full endorsement on this opportunity - but it's limited, so get in while you can!

Trump told soldier's grieving widow 'he knew what he signed up for', mother says

•  
  • Cowanda Jones-Johnson confirms Trump used those words in phone call
  •  

Sgt La David Johnson was one of four special forces troops killed in Niger

Staff and agencies

Wednesday 18 October 2017 16.28 BST

Vid in link

https://www.theguardian.com/us-news/2017/oct/18/trump-allegedly-tells-soldiers-widow-he-knew-what-he-signed-up-for

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 2

'I was very comforted': gold star families recall receiving condolences from Obama

After Donald Trump criticised Barack Obama for not calling fallen service members’ loved ones, bereaved military families paint a contrasting picture

Tom Dart in Houston

Wednesday 18 October 2017 12.50 BST

3000.jpg?w=700&q=55&auto=format&usm=12&fit=max&s=d998d8b7f98d62228ceb96b27cf77909
President Barack Obama hugs gold star mother Michelle DeFord during a meeting with veterans and Gold Star Mothers at the White House on 10 September 2015.
Photograph: Alex Wong/Getty Images

More pics in link

• Upvote 4
  • Downvote 1

So sad that this whole thing got politicized.  All that should matter is our dead heroes and the grieving families and friends left behind.  But no.....the media is going to keep pushing and Trump is going to keep responding, being the "counter-puncher" he is.  Keep your mouth shut Donald.....and it all goes away in time.

GO RV, then BV

• Upvote 4
  • Downvote 1

3 hours ago, bostonangler said:

That must be a fake picture... Donald wouldn't lie... And he quoted unknown sources...

B/A

Trump told soldier's grieving widow 'he knew what he signed up for', mother says .

BA and Umbertino up in a tree ...

Taken totally out of context for the sake of a loud hat wearing Congresswoman. Is she up for re-election next year? Cuz she certainly works the well worn philosophy of the obstructive Dems ... if there is no controversy make one up.  I do not doubt the POTUS said something to the effect of "he knew what he signed up for." What is important to place these words in context are the prelude and the subsequent dialogue to the quoted words. The President has the testimony of those others in the room at the time the phone call was made, ass proof to what he did say.  I am sure what POTUS said was something along the following lines ... Madam , in the military world yours' is the hardest job and that makes you a hero. All of your husbands training, moving, time away from the family when on deployments,  your holding the household together while he was away. I am touched by your sacrifices.  Your husband was a hero. He knew what he was signing up for when he took the job, and he performed his duties with the utmost honor . The fact that he paid the ultimate sacrifice grieves me to no end. I have no doubt that the pain I feel fails to compare to the pain and suffering you, your children, and family are experiencing right now. May the God I serve comfort, cover and protect you, and keep you from harm in Jesus's name I pray. Amen.  If there is anything I can do for you please contact my office at 111-111-1111 and ask for Ms xyz.

• Upvote 6
  • Downvote 1

9 minutes ago, new york kevin said:

Trump told soldier's grieving widow 'he knew what he signed up for', mother says .

Taken totally out of context for the sake of a loud hat wearing Congresswoman. Is she up for re-election next year? Cuz she certainly works the well worn philosophy of the obstructive Dems ... if there is no controversy make one up.  I do not doubt the POTUS said something to the effect of "he knew what he signed up for." What is important to place these words in context are the prelude and the subsequent dialogue to the quoted words. The President has the testimony of those others in the room at the time the phone call was made, ass proof to what he did say.  I am sure what POTUS said was something along the following lines ... Madam , in the military world yours' is the hardest job and that makes you a hero. All of your husbands training, moving, time away from the family when on deployments,  your holding the household together while he was away. I am touched by your sacrifices.  Your husband was a hero. He knew what he was signing up for when he took the job, and he performed his duties with the utmost honor . The fact that he paid the ultimate sacrifice grieves me to no end. I have no doubt that the pain I feel fails to compare to the pain and suffering you, your children, and family are experiencing right now. May the God I serve comfort, cover and protect you, and keep you from harm in Jesus's name I pray. Amen.  If there is anything I can do for you please contact my office at 111-111-1111 and ask for Ms xyz.

My point wasn't what he said to the mother. I agree we should all know what we have signed up for, regardless of what it is we do. My point was that he said other presidents (that's more than Obama) didn't call families. Then he backtracked and blamed an unknown source. This is exactly what he says the media does and his followers believe, but he is doing the same thing and getting a pass...

Or to put it another way, people in glass houses, shouldn't........ well you get the idea.

B/A

• Upvote 2

4 hours ago, new york kevin said:

Very well stated.

The media and those that believe every written word, have literally twisted President Trump's words to be a malicious intent. Sad that people have stooped this low to destroy an individual.  No one, not you or I are perfect and for the President to be judge and treated in this manner is wrong.  The man is trying to run a country and nothing but daggers are be thrown at him from all directions. Guess what, he has not fallen yet, and that is what makes you liberals upset.

• Upvote 3

15 hours ago, new york kevin said:

You should run for POTUS, Kev.....we could use a guy who actually feels empathy and knows how to express it at the proper times.  Well said, sir.  :peace:

GO RV, then BV

• Upvote 2

2 hours ago, yota691 said:

Trumps said....

"They know the risk, they know what they sign up for but they still volunteer to put their lives on the line for their fellow Americans. We owe them a debt that can never be repaid." 

Thank you Yota691 for clearing that up.  The meanness of the Congress woman to tangle, confuse the readers on what was actually said of President's Trumps, is lack of knowledge on her part,  jumping to conclusions in order to make a name of herself.  She must be up for re-election. 

• Upvote 3

7 hours ago, Shabibilicious said:

You should run for POTUS, Kev.....we could use a guy who actually feels empathy and knows how to express it at the proper times.  Well said, sir.  :peace:

GO RV, then BV

Wow my friend I never saw that one coming. Thanks for the suggestion, but I don't have the tenacity to deal with the 24/7 back stabbing arm chair quarterbacking at least when it comes to my wife and family. Naw Sir. Me, after the RV I will be setting up the estate planning , some investments, and focusing on the Missionary Field; both domestic and international.  I would have to hear from God to do something with politics. He can do anything He wants with me. 

What testimony of the Mother? I don't think the investigation of the 4 dead Special Forces soldiers is complete yet. This should be done before "testimonies" are taken as to what the POTUS said to her in totalality, and in context.  I have not heard anything directly from her, just 3rd party hearsay. So soon in the greiving process I would be surprised to hear from the spouse of any of those killed in Niger, at least  for the near future.

Edited by new york kevin
  • Upvote 3

What mother is correct...I believe this fine young man was raised by his Aunt and Uncle.  His mother died when he was around 5 yrs.  So to actually hear from his mother would be a total different response from his relatives or this Congress women. After all we are our own individual person.  I would think his mother would of been proud but, disappointed in this turning into a political fiasco.  Her son was a brave young man to choose this course in serving his country.  By what I have been reading he was a caring and giving individual and touched many lives. Unfortunately the media will leave all this out.  Their agenda is to destroy lives no matter who or what they encounter and this Congresswoman fell for it. 

• Upvote 4

12 hours ago, yota691 said:

More from the Rep. Frederica Wilson (D-Fla) 

When you listen to, and see some of these representatives who are in DC....it makes you wonder what the voter base must be like in their district.  I am glad I have never had a representative like this one standing up for my American values......

• Upvote 2

2 hours ago, new york kevin said:

I liked it a lot. Who is this dude in Vermont, of all Democratic states.

I have been following him for probably 6 months now. Although I do not agree with everything he professes and believes (he is an atheist), I feel that he always provides a viewpoint that is fair and usually right on target with the pulse of the heartland (the fly-over country). 

Indy