Guest views are now limited to 12 pages. If you get an "Error" message, just sign in! If you need to create an account, click here.

• CRYPTO REWARDS!

Full endorsement on this opportunity - but it's limited, so get in while you can!

Parliamentary power: Kurds did not provide a convincing justification for non-commitment to pay oil money

More than 80% of registered voters cast ballots in non-binding poll that has raised tensions and fears of instability

Martin Chulov in Kirkuk

Monday 25 September 2017 17.56 BST

3500.jpg?w=700&q=55&auto=format&usm=12&fit=max&s=77cf849d153a8d231a49c570c4346226
A woman in Kirkuk casts her vote in the independence referendum.
Photograph: Thaier Al-Sudani/Reuters

https://www.theguardian.com/world/2017/sep/25/iraqi-kurds-vote-in-historic-independence-referendum

1 minute ago, NEPatriotsFan1 said:

Well maybe now we can play nice and pass HCL , Article 140 and revalue our toilet paper money!!! Let's do this Iraq

I am counting on this moving forward now since they had the election. Article 140' HCL and the deal where Kuwait to left the 5 billion owed them.  

• Like 1
  • Upvote 3

8 minutes ago, DinarThug said:

Brent crude oil rose above $59 a barrel on Monday to its highest in more than two years, lifted by fast-growing demand and a threat to Iraqi Kurdistan’s crude exports as the autonomous region 

DT Thanks,  DV,  We should see Oil Prices exceed $60 before end of the week IMHO.   Get er done boys & girls.....:crossedfingers:

GO HCL & Article 140 = RV / RI......Keeping the faith!!

• Upvote 4

2 hours ago, ChuckFinley said:

WOW! Things are really crazy.   First I want to thank everyone for posting and updating. I just took off from work to check this out.  I still think this will end up being a catalyst to getting things moving.  

Great positive view on this, Chuck!  I needed that 😄 👍🏻👍🏻 

• Upvote 6

1 hour ago, ChuckFinley said:

I feel like I am on the crazy train with these guys. :lol:

Afternoon Chuck,some how I remember going to a few Ozzie Osborne concerts and he definitely was the conductor of that Crain train and we were just along for the ride. Chuck I've been working all day and now I have to make dinner etc etc,in your opinion what's the bottom line here is this good bad or what? One thing for sure hopefully this crazy train ride comes to the end someday soon in our favor but if it doesn't I'll be here till the end,I actually don't have a choice but to keep working but I'd hope that changes soon. Thank u Chuck in advance...

• Thanks 1
  • Upvote 1

23 minutes ago, Half Crazy Runner said:

Great positive view on this, Chuck!  I needed that 😄 👍🏻👍🏻 

Good Afternoon HCR. I think when the smoke clears people may not want to recognize the vote and that is fine. It was non bidding anyway. But the UN and other know that the Kurds have been on the short end for a long time.  No one wants to come across as throwing a group of people under the bus. The UN will step in and be the neutral party and move this along.  

• Upvote 6

6 minutes ago, nannab said:

The sad thing is that these same people will not see a dime of the profits from oil sales. Go figure

Thanks Umbertino

How nuts is to want to " possibly " risk throwing everything into Chaos just because you want an even BIGGER piece of the pie - sadly these fools are marching lock step right along with whatever Bar-Zany says. 

Boy, does that part of the WORLD 🌎 REALLY BLOW OR WHAT ????? !!!!!!!

Damn glad I don't live there.

• Like 3

23 minutes ago, "Fred" said:

Afternoon Chuck,some how I remember going to a few Ozzie Osborne concerts and he definitely was the conductor of that Crain train and we were just along for the ride. Chuck I've been working all day and now I have to make dinner etc etc,in your opinion what's the bottom line here is this good bad or what? One thing for sure hopefully this crazy train ride comes to the end someday soon in our favor but if it doesn't I'll be here till the end,I actually don't have a choice but to keep working but I'd hope that changes soon. Thank u Chuck in advance...

God, I am properly the last guy with insight.  Read HCR post above. I think it is a good thing in the end. I am watching three things. 1. Kuwait and Iraq cut some deal to get Iraq out of Chap-8/Art-8, they agree on the National Oil and Gas company, followed by the HCL. It might happen, like 123.  I still have hope for 2017 and that is from the Conductor of the Crazy Train.  :lol:

• Upvote 5

Turnout high as Iraqi Kurds defy threats to hold independence vote

September 25 2017 08:20 PM
Kurdistan referendum
Kurdistan referendum

Kurds voted in large numbers in an independence referendum in northern Iraq on Monday, ignoring pressure from Baghdad, threats from Turkey and Iran, and international warnings that the vote may ignite yet more regional conflict, Reuters said.

The vote organised by Kurdish authorities is expected to deliver a comfortable “yes” for independence, but is not binding. However, it is designed to give Masoud Barzani, who heads the Kurdistan Regional Government (KRG), a mandate to negotiate the secession of the oil-producing region.

Turnout was 76 percent an hour before voting closed, the Kurdish Rudaw TV station said.

For Iraqi Kurds - the largest ethnic group left stateless when the Ottoman empire collapsed a century ago - the referendum offers a historic opportunity despite intense international pressure to call it off.

http://www.thebaghdadpost.com/en/story/17415/Turnout-high-as-Iraqi-Kurds-defy-threats-to-hold-independence-vote

• Upvote 1

Canadian PM Says He Respects Kurdistan’s Referendum

Basnews English

25/09/2017 - 23:25

Canadian PM Says He Respects Kurdistan’s Referendum

ERBIL — Canadian Prime Minister Justin Trudeau refused to comment on a Kurdistan’s independence referendum, saying he appreciated that other countries held their tongues during Quebec’s referendums.

Iraqi Kurds voted overwhelmingly in favour of secession from Iraq on Monday, September 25. Many opposed holding the vote, including the US and the regional powers.

Despite their support for Iraq’s unity, Canadian officials refused to comment on the referendum or how Canada will react to the vote.

“Trudeau says as a Quebecer, he is sensitive to other countries getting involved in another country’s internal decisions and that he will respect the process established by the Kurds,” Global News reported.

Although the Kurdish referendum is non-binding, separation talks between Erbil and Baghdad will begin after the vote.

http://www.basnews.com/index.php/en/news/kurdistan/381062

• Upvote 3

Masrour Barzani Congratulates Kurdistan Electoral Commission, Security Forces

Basnews English

25/09/2017 - 23:41

Masrour Barzani Congratulates Kurdistan Electoral Commission, Security Forces

ERBIL — Kurdistan Region Security Council (KRSC) Chancellor Masrour Barzani has congratulated the electoral commission and security forces for making Monday's independence referendum a success.

“I congratulate Kurdistan's electoral commission and security services for organising today's resounding successful - and peaceful vote,” Barzani said on his official twitter account.

The people of Kurdistan Region and entire Kurdish disputed areas went on Monday to polls in order to vote on the independence of their homeland from Iraq.

The turnout is said to be over 76%, with the vote ending in peace.

Due to the large turnout of voters, Kurdistan Region’s electoral commission had to extend the voting time by one hour.

• Upvote 4

A referendum message to Kurds from the Catalan CUP Party

Zerrin Efe

26/09/2017 - 00:17

Today, the people of Kurdistan are voting in an independence referendum.

On this historic day, we have a message of support from Catalans who will vote for independence on 1 October.

Pro-Catalan independence party CUP (The Popular Unity Candidacy) from the Catalan Parliament sent a message of support to the Kurdish people on the historic day of referendum saying “ You will never walk alone”.

Here is the message the CUP sent to through Peyamakurd :

From the left independentist movement in Catalonia, we would like to give all our support for the celebration of the right of self-determination of the Kurdish people. We consider this right as an inalienable democratic tool to regain the sovereignities of the peoples all over the world.

We, as a lefties political organisation, consider this as an opportunity to imagine and build a new country, from the bottom and from the left. This can be the first step to continue working for a more democratic, justice and equal society. To regain sovereignity means to talk about life and dignity.

The struggle will not finish with the celebration referendum, but will continue the next day building the alternative to the imperialism that all peoples from Mediterranean and Middle East are suffering from.

To the Kurdish people: you will never walk alone. You will have all the support and solidarity of the Catalan people to work on that sense.

• Upvote 1

UN Activities in Kurdistan to Continue “Unhindered”: Spokesperson

Basnews English

25/09/2017 - 22:45

UN Activities in Kurdistan to Continue “Unhindered”: Spokesperson

ERBIL — United Nations Secretary-General António Guterres expects that United Nations mandated activities across Iraq, including in the Kurdistan Region, will be allowed to continue unhindered, said a spokesperson.

Following the end of Kurdistan Region’s referendum on its independence from Iraq, the UN, as its first reaction, called on the relevant authorities of UN activities to continue their support for Iraq and Kurdistan Region.

However, spokesperson Stéphane Dujarric also said that the Secretary-General is concerned about the potentially destabilizing effects of today’s referendum in Kurdistan Region of Iraq.

He encouraged both Erbil and Baghdad to resolve their disputes “through structured dialogue and constructive compromise”.

http://www.basnews.com/index.php/en/news/kurdistan/381048

• Like 1
  • Upvote 2

Kurdish troops pressure families to take part in vote or leave: Observatory

by 21434144ead82a08d58720e165a6a4a2?s=80&d= Nehal Mostafa Sep 25, 2017, 12:26 pm

A-polling-station-during-a-vote-on-Kurdi

A polling station during a vote on Kurdistan’s independence from Iraq.

Kirkuk (IraqiNews.com) Kurdish security services have pressured displaced families living in Kirkuk to take part in Kurdistan’s independence referendum, the Iraqi Observatory for Human Rights said.

“Asayish urged the anti-referendum families to leave the province,” the observatory said on behalf of the families. “The families were forced by Asayish to either take part in the referendum or leave Kirkuk.”

“More than 250 families left Kirkuk over the past two days as they refused to take part in the referendum as well as a protest to support the governor, Najmaddin Karim, who was dismissed by Iraqi parliament on September 14,” IOHR added.

The observatory said it contacted five families who fled toward Al-Azeem town in Diyala.

One family composed of seven persons said that Asayish troops asked on Friday to check their IDs and whether they were going to take part in the referendum or not. As the family said they cannot take part as they were not from the province, the troops asked them to leave.

Another family said troops gave them either options; to take part in the vote or leave the province. Thus, they had to leave.

Kurdistan expects at least 900,000 voters as ballots open even at areas where sovereignty is disputed with Baghdad, including oil-rich Kirkuk. The poll, which started earlier on the day as scheduled, is rejected by the United States, the European Union, the United Nations and regional powers Turkey and Iran.

https://www.iraqinews.com/iraq-war/kurdish-troops-pressure-families-take-part-vote-leave-observatory/

• Upvote 2

5 hours ago, DoD said:

Spider, who they gonna sell it to? Abadi will have sanctions against them. Maybe North Korea will buy it. How they gonna get it to North Korea? All the pipe lines out of Kurdistan will be stopped. You are correct, no need for HCL..

Would not put it past the Russians to extend a helping hand.   

• Upvote 1

3 hours ago, 10 YEARS LATER said:

The Inmates are running the Asylum - going to watch a Marx Brothers movie 🎥 Probably, Monkey 🐒 Business ! Gotta stay grounded-lots of anarchy in Marx Bros. flicks.

I personally prefer the Monkey Business film made in 1952 with Cary Grant & Ginger Rogers. A comedy classic 😄

• Upvote 2

1 hour ago, DinarThug said:

White House : It is important to preserve the unity of Iraq to repel the need for Iran

White House: It is important to preserve the unity of Iraq to repel the need of Iran ..... continued

link

The USA needs and wants Iraq to succeed.  Enter the great deal maker! I for one am pretty darn happy Our President is fabulous at this! To me this is a breakthrough, be happy 

• Upvote 3

• yota691 changed the title to Parliamentary power: Kurds did not provide a convincing justification for non-commitment to pay oil money
  • yota691 featured this topic
  • yota691 locked this topic