Guest views are now limited to 12 pages. If you get an "Error" message, just sign in! If you need to create an account, click here.

• CRYPTO REWARDS!

Full endorsement on this opportunity - but it's limited, so get in while you can!

The start of the session of parliament headed by Sheikh Hamoudi and the presence of 166 deputies

yota691

I said they 'may' be interesting, and my statement was based on the fact that October 1st is the beginning of the fourth quarter which is a prelude to year-end accounting and possibly the beginning of the fiscal new year (the latter is something I read on this site but something I need to personally verify.)

Iraq has been getting more inline with international auditing standards as evidenced by the presence of KPMG, and Iraq certainly seems to getting more inline with GAAP (Generally Accepted Accounting Principals) used by and recognized in the U.S. as evidenced by the recent development and publicizing of IBAN, TIN, FATCA, and other recognized forms of accounting and taxation standards.

it would seem like a 'convenient time' to make an adjustment in the rate of the IQD based on the aforementioned being in place as the leverage that wpuld be gained by implementing article 140

and giving fair-share to the citizens of Iraq might be enough to appease everyone in the country which would relieve the desire for the referendum and bring long overdue unity to Iraq.

• Like 2
  • Upvote 7

2 minutes ago, presence said:

I said they 'may' be interesting, and my statement was based on the fact that October 1st is the beginning of the fourth quarter which is a prelude to year-end accounting and possibly the beginning of the fiscal new year (the latter is something I read on this site but something I need to personally verify.)

Iraq has been getting more inline with international auditing standards as evidenced by the presence of KPMG, and Iraq certainly seems to getting more inline with GAAP (Generally Accepted Accounting Principals) used by and recognized in the U.S. as evidenced by the recent development and publicizing of IBAN, TIN, FATCA, and other recognized forms of accounting and taxation standards.

it would seem like a 'convenient time' to make an adjustment in the rate of the IQD based on the aforementioned being in place as the leverage that wpuld be gained by implementing article 140

and giving fair-share to the citizens of Iraq might be enough to appease everyone in the country which would relieve the desire for the referendum and bring long overdue unity to Iraq.

I'm okay with October first being the start for that.  :)  One can only be hopeful for the best news!

Kurdish MPs to continue boycotting parliament sessions - Lawmaker

September 27 2017 02:50 PM
The Iraqi Parliament
The Iraqi Parliament

Kurdish MPs have decided to continue boycotting the Iraqi Parliament sessions, Najiba Najib, a Kurdistan Alliance MP, revealed on Wednesday. 
In a press statement, Najib said that Kurdish MPs reject the decisions taken by the parliament on Kurdistan Region’s independence referendum.
Kursih MPs did not attend parliament’s Wednesday session as its previous decisions were taken by the majority of MPs, she noted.
She further stated that Kurdish MPs presence in parliament is useless as they do not take part in decision-making and voting.   
Parliament’s previously taken decisions on the referendum are categorically rejected by Kurds, she said.
She also pointed out that these decisions are illogical. 
The parliament should be part of the solution not part of the problem, Najib added. 
On Monday’s session, the parliament decided to oblige the armed forces commander-in-chief to redeploy military federal forces in all disputed areas, including Kirkuk.  
It also called for implementing the decision of dismissing Kirkuk governor Najm al-Din Karim. 
In addition to this, the parliament formed a committee, composed of security, defense, legal, oil and foreign affairs committees’ representatives, to take a decision on region’s independence referendum. 
On Wednesday, it was reported that the parliament votes on final version of resolution on Kurdistan referendum in a session attended by 184 MPs. 
On Monday, Kurdistan held an independence referendum, defying Baghdad and ignoring intense international pressure to call it off. 

http://www.thebaghdadpost.com/en/story/17494/Kurdish-MPs-to-continue-boycotting-parliament-sessions-Lawmaker

• Upvote 2

2 hours ago, DinarDavo said:

They are taking a week off?    :blink:

Well of course they ARE !!! They have no intention of getting anything done. Most of the session spent bashing the Kurds and touting the constitution. Had they focused on these problems once Maliki was booted out of the PM job back in 2014 we wouldn't be here. Pathetic fools. All of them.

• Like 2
  • Upvote 1

Iraqi Parliament Authorizes Abadi to Deploy Troops in Kirkuk

Basnews English

27/09/2017 - 15:38

Iraqi Parliament Authorizes Abadi to Deploy Troops in Kirkuk

ERBIL — Iraqi Prime Minister Haider al-Abadi attended the Iraqi parliamentary session on Wednesday, in a bid to introduce more measures against Kurdistan Region.

Abadi said on Wednesday that the federal government will impose Iraq’s authority in all areas of Kurdistan Region by the force of the Constitution.

Abbadi said in his speech at the Iraqi parliament that "the referendum changed the balance between the partners, therefore, the relations between us are governed by the Constitution,” adding “we have called for the abolition of the referendum and engaging in dialogue within the frame of the constitution."

Iraqi PM called on Kurdish forces to withdraw from the Kurdish disputed areas including Kirkuk Province.

The Iraqi parliament authorized the prime minister to deploy military forces in Kirkuk as the first practical response to the independence referendum of Kurdistan Region which was held on Monday.

Abadi had given the Kurdistan Region until Friday to hand over the control of the airports in the region.

The Iraqi parliament also called for the closure of all consular offices in Erbil.

http://www.basnews.com/index.php/en/news/iraq/381443

• Upvote 3

Parl't votes on final version of resolution on Kurdistan referendum

September 27 2017 02:29 PM
Breaking
Breaking

Iraqi Parliament votes on Wednesday on final version of resolution on Kurdistan Region’s independence referendum in a session attended by 184 MPs. 
The parliament formed on Monday a committee, composed of security, defense, legal, oil and foreign affairs committees’ representatives, to take a decision on the region’s referendum. 
On Monday, Kurdistan conducted an independence referendum, defying Baghdad and ignoring intense international pressure to call it off, amid fears that it would spark fresh conflicts with Baghdad and with Iraq’s powerful neighbors, Iran and Turkey. 

Edited by tigergorzow
  • Upvote 3

Iraqi government given mandate to deploy troops to disputed Kirkuk

27/09/2017
Kirkuk.jpg Rapid response unit troops of the Iraqi Ground Forces near Kirkuk, 23 September 2017 (Photo by Reuters)

DAMASCUS, SYRIA (4:00 PM) – The Council of Representatives of Iraq has given Prime Minister Haider al-Abadi a mandate to deploy troops to the disputed city of Kirkuk and its oil fields, as reported by Iraqi state media.

Kirkuk, the fifth-biggest city in Iraq and capital of the oil-rich Kirkuk Governorate, is not officially part of Iraqi Kurdistan, but is under control of Kurdish military forces. On August 29, Kurdish representatives of the Kirkuk Provincial Council voted in favour of participating in the Kurdish referendum, in a vote that was boycotted by Arab and Turkmen Council members.

The call to deploy armed forces to Kirkuk comes as a result of the September 25 referendum on Kurdish secession that, according to Iraqi Kurdish leader Masoud Barzani, resulted in a victory for the separatist camp.

However, the vote itself and its results have been deemed illegal and unconstitutional by Iraqi authorities. Prime Minister Abad has on Wednesday repeated his ultimatum to the Kurdish Regional Government (KRG), stating the KRG had to relinquish control over all airports in the areas under its control, or face a total ban on direct international flights.

“We won’t have a dialogue about the referendum outcome (…) If they want to start talks, they must cancel the referendum and its outcome.”, Abadi said in his Wednesday speech to parliament.

The regional KRG ministry of Transport has however already refused these demands, stating that they need the airports in order to combat ISIS forces in the region.

The official call by parliament to deploy troops to the city of Kirkuk marks another increase in tension between Baghdad and the KRG. On Tuesday, Iraqi and Turkish troops hosted joint military exercises near the Iraqi Kurdish regional border, in an apparent show of force towards Kurdish separatists.

https://www.almasdarnews.com/article/iraqi-government-given-mandate-deploy-troops-disputed-kirkuk/

Edited by tigergorzow
  • Upvote 1

2 hours ago, tigergorzow said:

The Iraqi Parliament
The Iraqi Parliament

Not really sure if Abadi and the rest of Parliament care if they ever show up again or not. These fools really have no reason to return to Parliament after voting to succeed from Iraq. From the sounds of Abadi he has already written these guys off anyway. You figure him taking back their 17% of the budget, closing the borders an taking over the airports, the Kurds really wouldn't feel much like voting anyway...lol

• Upvote 3

2 hours ago, DoD said:

Not really sure if Abadi and the rest of Parliament care if they ever show up again or not.

So Abadi and GOI plan, AGAIN, is to punish the Kurds into cooperation?? Because this has worked so good in the past?? Question is: who is going to blink and still save face?? Interesting times............

6 hours ago, tigergorzow said:

The Iraqi Parliament
The Iraqi Parliament

Kurdish MPs have decided to continue boycotting the Iraqi Parliament sessions, Najiba Najib, a Kurdistan Alliance MP, revealed on Wednesday. 
In a press statement, Najib said that Kurdish MPs reject the decisions taken by the parliament on Kurdistan Region’s independence referendum.
Kursih MPs did not attend parliament’s Wednesday session as its previous decisions were taken by the majority of MPs, she noted.
She further stated that Kurdish MPs presence in parliament is useless as they do not take part in decision-making and voting.   
Parliament’s previously taken decisions on the referendum are categorically rejected by Kurds, she said.
She also pointed out that these decisions are illogical. 
The parliament should be part of the solution not part of the problem, Najib added. 
On Monday’s session, the parliament decided to oblige the armed forces commander-in-chief to redeploy military federal forces in all disputed areas, including Kirkuk.  
It also called for implementing the decision of dismissing Kirkuk governor Najm al-Din Karim. 
In addition to this, the parliament formed a committee, composed of security, defense, legal, oil and foreign affairs committees’ representatives, to take a decision on region’s independence referendum. 
On Wednesday, it was reported that the parliament votes on final version of resolution on Kurdistan referendum in a session attended by 184 MPs. 
On Monday, Kurdistan held an independence referendum, defying Baghdad and ignoring intense international pressure to call it off. 

http://www.thebaghdadpost.com/en/story/17494/Kurdish-MPs-to-continue-boycotting-parliament-sessions-Lawmaker

Actually, its the biggest chance so far to vote, passed and implement all important laws with unanimously majority as long as all Iraqi MPs agree.

Then, the laws fully implemented and many things will change until Iraq fully freed from ISIS. 

Also, when all done, just after Iraq free from ISIS, can already prepared for rv for coming winter...

Too many opportunity from now until end of November then. Good luck.

• Upvote 3

This is  BIGGEST CLUSTER F~>K TO DATE !!!!! One meltdown or crisis after the other. Big Question--- what else ( besides Barzani that we have discussed ) is behind the timing of this referendum??  

Look ok at the Shiite Storm already caused by this ! Iraqi parliament okays  sending troops in !!! Yep, that's gonna help iron out the issues.

it does no good to read into this event that things will keep rolling along. Someone here coined the phrase-Iraq never misses an opportunity to miss an opportunity!!!

Well let's see if these mouth breathing knuckle draggers can dig themselves out this one and avoid an armed conflict with the Kurds. The Kurds are riding high at the moment-just waiting for some moron to throw  gasoline on the fire 🔥 

Edited by 10 YEARS LATER
  • Upvote 3

I get a good feeling about all this. Iraq is going to flex their new found muscle with the backing of the US, take control of Kuwait, put the leaders they want in, and at that point, show good faith, pass the HCL, (giving Kuwait their fair share), and then RV. The only thing I obviously am not sure of, is the timing of it. Abadi is sending in the troops as I type. They are taking over the airports and borders, which are important to Iraq, especially the Turkey border. Kuwait may have just overplayed their hand, and are very quickly going to be brought back in line by Iraq and the world powers that have a stake in this whole thing. For me this is not a bad thing. It is a necessary part of cleaning the house before you paint and get new furniture. (RV)

Barzani has to go and his funds along with his family's funds and everyone else who embezzled the money from their own people must be frozen and repatriated back to Kuwait. And Barzani and all those with him must be tried and whatever they do to the guilty over there.

I do not believe this is just smoke and mirrors and magically the HCL will be passed tomorrow and the RV occur by the weekend.

I'm thinking next year now for the RV.

• Upvote 2

18 minutes ago, keylime said:

I get a good feeling about all this. Iraq is going to flex their new found muscle with the backing of the US, take control of Kuwait, put the leaders they want in, and at that point, show good faith, pass the HCL, (giving Kuwait their fair share), and then RV. The only thing I obviously am not sure of, is the timing of it. Abadi is sending in the troops as I type. They are taking over the airports and borders, which are important to Iraq, especially the Turkey border. Kuwait may have just overplayed their hand, and are very quickly going to be brought back in line by Iraq and the world powers that have a stake in this whole thing. For me this is not a bad thing. It is a necessary part of cleaning the house before you paint and get new furniture. (RV)

Barzani has to go and his funds along with his family's funds and everyone else who embezzled the money from their own people must be frozen and repatriated back to Kuwait. And Barzani and all those with him must be tried and whatever they do to the guilty over there.

I do not believe this is just smoke and mirrors and magically the HCL will be passed tomorrow and the RV occur by the weekend.

I'm thinking next year now for the RV.

I meant taking control of Iraqi Kurdistan not Kuwait.

• Upvote 1