Guest views are now limited to 12 pages. If you get an "Error" message, just sign in! If you need to create an account, click here.

Jump to content
GameChanger

Do I purchase more Dinar???

Recommended Posts

Whoops, I just remember I loaded a seventh bullet for my 500 S&W but that is included in the over 2,000 I hand loaded. I have never shot a factory load in either my 500 S&W or my 50 AE Desert Eagle. Usually strangers stop by me at the range and ask, "What are You shooting over there?" They usually say something like, "I can feel the muzzle blast way over here!"

 

I have had some more fun with my 50 AE Desert Eagle, though. I have used my 50 AE Desert Eagle in an outlaw IPSA type practice shooting environment with folks at weekly practices. Occasionally, there was this very accomplished shooter who would participate sometimes that could throw lead like I have never seen. Nobody knew his name but he was affectionately known as "Captain Flash". Captain Flash was apparently some contractor for some security firm that was well acquainted with sensitive situations and extremely skilled in getting the action to go his way. Anyway, when Captain Flash was there and I was shooting my 50 AE, he would laugh, laugh, laugh as I was going through the course demonstrating the "awe affect" of the 50 AE. The range was indoors and there was acoustical foam just above the target rails (rails not used in this practice except to hang the tarps to simulate a barrier) that would have pieces shaved off and fly around due to my 50 AE Desert Eagle having a muzzle compensator. A Range Master HATED that 50 AE because it was so noisy and made no qualms of informing me as such. Oh, well, all's Fair in Fun and Games!

 

Well, OK, that is one of my real life stories I am sharing for entertainment purposes. Thank You for reading!

  • Like 1
  • Upvote 2
  • Downvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Synopsis said:

 

Really Cool, Karsten!

 

One item I possess is a 500 S&W and I have over 2,000 rounds I have hand loaded myself in that alone with six different bullets for different applications. Does that count?

 

I only speak English but may be only nominally proficient in my writing and oratory skills. Is that OK?

 

Well, OK, I don't have any idea about the password. What does it take to get the password, how much does it cost, or do I get any hints? I won't be "neutralized" on the spot if I fumble the password, will I?

 

Hope Your Weekend Is Going Your Way, Karsten! :tiphat:

Synopsis,

 

 

Hand Cannons are a good thing...If ya have some Depleted Uranium Rounds even better....One never knows when an Assault  on An Island so close could come.......Gotta come by boat thought....Beaches and pier on the far side of the Island.....Only the waste Coal Shuttle Dock close to shore. Building need a little repair, some glass here and there and maybe some roof work....Man, cutting back the natural weedscape will be work....But I hear schumer has a lot of illegals we can hire. No need for road work as we can all just put around on ATV sippin Umbrella Drinks out of Imported Coconut Shells.

 

Now if the VND was to do something then just maybe I would have that pal of Clinton's Island foreclosed on.....That would be the ticket......Warm Water, sun, white beaches, ATV trails to everywhere, PP, The Gals, Hot boats and Faster Women.

 

 

Karsten

  • Upvote 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

 Yep, Karsten! Eternal Vigilance Is The Price Of Freedom!

 

Yeah, depleted Uranium is the way to go. I did load a 400 grain Barnes Buster for the 500 S&W loaded to 1,700 ft/s on the chronograph. I'd like to think that baby could penetrate most motorized things and lock the motor up real quick.

 

I'd done some clearing and need a little chain saw joy now and then.

 

ATVs are fun and versatile for work stuff, too. No tellin' how much fun can be had and gettin' all the work done as well!

 

Sounds like fun!

 

Too bad the Clinton's and associates had that stuff to begin with. I'd brain hemorrhage if I found out all the killin' and corruption to get the stuff in the first place. Some of that stuff may have "collateral incidents" due to operating on an "old address" so a comprehensive and  effective security plan is in order if those properties were to be acquired.

 

All The Best On The VND! Have A Great Rest Of Your Weekend! :tiphat:

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I would recommend that no one buys any more dinar.  This is just my opinion. lol Unless you have lots of money to play with. lol

  • Upvote 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Thanks for all the input... 

In DV fashion the topic gets WAY off track but C'est La Vie.

 

Next question is... Where are people purchasing their IQD?  I know people buy and sell on this site but I'm looking for a reputable site that is a currency dealer. Ideas?

 

Thanks

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
16 hours ago, Karsten said:

Well if this ever comes about North brother island could be had cheap but it is way to close to liberalville for me. I would have to start my own country on that Island and ban anyone that didn't speak English, know the Password or own a reasonable amount of Firearm and Ammo.

 

https://images.search.yahoo.com/yhs/search?p=north+brother+island&fr=yhs-mozilla-004&hspart=mozilla&hsimp=yhs-004&imgurl=http%3A%2F%2Fsocks-studio.com%2Fimg%2Fblog%2FNorth-Brother-Island-19.jpg#id=2&iurl=http%3A%2F%2Fsocks-studio.com%2Fimg%2Fblog%2FNorth-Brother-Island-19.jpg&action=click

 

Karsten

I concur Karsten! Being a Texas girl I have lots of guns and ammo...but we can't forget a special govt rate on Crown Royal for all citizens! LOL

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, GameChanger said:

Thanks for all the input... 

In DV fashion the topic gets WAY off track but C'est La Vie.

 

Next question is... Where are people purchasing their IQD?  I know people buy and sell on this site but I'm looking for a reputable site that is a currency dealer. Ideas?

 

Thanks

xchange of america is the only place I buy mine these days...I have had no problems.

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On ‎9‎/‎23‎/‎2017 at 5:16 PM, Synopsis said:

Whoops, I just remember I loaded a seventh bullet for my 500 S&W but that is included in the over 2,000 I hand loaded. I have never shot a factory load in either my 500 S&W or my 50 AE Desert Eagle. Usually strangers stop by me at the range and ask, "What are You shooting over there?" They usually say something like, "I can feel the muzzle blast way over here!"

 

I have had some more fun with my 50 AE Desert Eagle, though. I have used my 50 AE Desert Eagle in an outlaw IPSA type practice shooting environment with folks at weekly practices. Occasionally, there was this very accomplished shooter who would participate sometimes that could throw lead like I have never seen. Nobody knew his name but he was affectionately known as "Captain Flash". Captain Flash was apparently some contractor for some security firm that was well acquainted with sensitive situations and extremely skilled in getting the action to go his way. Anyway, when Captain Flash was there and I was shooting my 50 AE, he would laugh, laugh, laugh as I was going through the course demonstrating the "awe affect" of the 50 AE. The range was indoors and there was acoustical foam just above the target rails (rails not used in this practice except to hang the tarps to simulate a barrier) that would have pieces shaved off and fly around due to my 50 AE Desert Eagle having a muzzle compensator. A Range Master HATED that 50 AE because it was so noisy and made no qualms of informing me as such. Oh, well, all's Fair in Fun and Games!

 

Well, OK, that is one of my real life stories I am sharing for entertainment purposes. Thank You for reading!

Mr. Synopsis,

Whatever makes one happy!!!

I do love hand cannons as well but out in open waters there are times when nefarious characters are obvious.

With family and friends always around, sometime you have to reach out and touch someone who is making a bad life choice.

For that reason my favorite defense is an M82A3 and even with my advancing age, still good for a mile at 2,900 ft/s.

After the RV we'll install an ADS system.

If you have it, you'll never need it...

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 9/24/2017 at 9:49 AM, juliebug said:

In DV fashion the topic gets WAY off track but C'est La Vie

 

Firshure - and now with a DE 50 leading the way who know where this thread with end up.

 

Sounds like somewhere down range though.

 

Never shot a DE 50 but do admire the machining and can see it is definitely a big boy toy.

 

I'm pretty boring and set in my ways... Most times I'm just pretty but I'm a John Browning lemming and will follow him off the cliff with my Combat Government Series 70... in .45 caliber of course.  If I had to, I'd shoot a Glock but I'd be looking for a CZ Nine firstB)

 

GH  

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I also believe there is a lot better places to invest your money. I wish I would have bought more Apple stock instead

of so many Dinars. :D

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, CaptainBVI said:

Mr. Synopsis,

Whatever makes one happy!!!

I do love hand cannons as well but out in open waters there are times when nefarious characters are obvious.

With family and friends always around, sometime you have to reach out and touch someone who is making a bad life choice.

For that reason my favorite defense is an M82A3 and even with my advancing age, still good for a mile at 2,900 ft/s.

After the RV we'll install an ADS system.

If you have it, you'll never need it...

 

2 hours ago, George Hayduke said:

 

Firshure - and now with a DE 50 leading the way who know where this thread with end up.

 

Sounds like somewhere down range though.

 

Never shot a DE 50 but do admire the machining and can see it is definitely a big boy toy.

 

I'm pretty boring and set in my ways... Most times I'm just pretty but I'm a John Browning lemming and will follow him off the cliff with my Combat Government Series 70... in .45 caliber of course.  If I had to, I'd shoot a Glock but I'd be looking for a CZ Nine firstB)

 

GH  

 

1 hour ago, boomhand86 said:

Those are some big calibers, 6 rounds out of my .44 makes my wrist hurt

 

Well, OK, seems like some folks (like me and a few esteemed others) have gotten on to a more pressing (interesting?) item at hand.

 

You know, I was thinking about requesting a reloading forum here since I think (maybe I am wrong here? maybe not?) there are some very capable and interested folks here in hand loading rifle, hand gun, and shot gun cartridges . Well, OK, I don't know everything by a long shot but there may be some folks interested in what I have to offer from my experiences and I know without a doubt I could learn a few things from others.

 

Well, OK, since this thread is already way, way off the rails I'll share another one of my stories.

 

Some folks may have a Taurus Judge and/or a S&W Governor. OK so far?

 

So, OK, I cast 000 buck and 358 158 grain lead cast bullets (300 grain 44 mag, 440 grain 500 S&W, and others, too). Still OK and we all know where this is headed?

 

I reload 410 shotgun shells. Imagine this, each 000 pellet weighs nominally 69 grains (there are 7,000 grains per pound) and a 2 1/2 410 grain shot shell holds 4 000 buck inline while a 158 grain 358 can be used as the base with two 000 buck on top.

 

These babies are moving out of a Taurus Judge 3" muzzle at 840 feet/second (average) on a chronograph. I use a MEC #9 that dumps 12.5 grains of Hodgden Lil' Gun (on average) in a WW AA Hull and a WW AA red wad. The spent wads are inverted after use. Imagine that.

 

So, OK. I was out hunting with some friends. This friend of mine drives his four wheeler back up to the house after dark and announces he just shot a mountain lion with his 243 Winchester using a 100 grain Sierra Game King Soft Point Boat Tail bullet moving at 3,100 feet per second out of the muzzle - longitudinally through the core of the mountain lion. Dropped the mountain lion on the spot but when he left the stand, the mountain lion disappeared. So, You guessed it, all his friends were solicited to "retrieve" this prized harvest. To his credit, there are mountain lions in the area. Now, there were three of us on our four wheelers and we all go out there in the dark. Now, mind You, here we all are out there with head lamps, flash lights, and drawn side arms thrashing around in the dark in the "mountain lion's" domain -  brush really - intent on claiming our prize. Here I am out there where suddenly I see some yellow eyes - hey, even I know what that means! I yell to let my other friend and "owner' of the prize I can "dispatch" and claim his prize. "Send It" was given and I dispatched a 410 with 4 nominally 69 grain 000 buck out of my S&W Governor that has a 2 1/2' barrel and hit 'em at 4 yards. Would You believe this fine specimen thrashed around after I shot him and I had to finally extinguish 'em. Well, OK, this was a big ole bob cat and not a mountain lion while my friend really got a laugh out of the whole deal. I know for sure that 2 of my 000 buck went through the bob cat. I dug one pellet out of the bob cat's hind quarters and the pellet (000 buck) had dimples on both the leading and trailing side. Pretty cool, huh?

 

I have another friend that does amateur taxidermy like nobodies' business. I have hunted with this guy many times and have more than thirty mounts.

 

So, OK, the 410 with one 158 grain 358 and 2 000 buck is a self defense load. I have used this round on a silhouette and can vouch the 158 grain 358 actually tumbles. Good luck for the criminal in that scenario.

 

Hopefully You enjoyed the read. Hunting story not amenable to everyone. But, hey, some folks are really interesting in this stuff. Maybe I can ask for another type of forum suited to others' particular interest so let me know.

Edited by Synopsis
  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, boomhand86 said:

I enjoyed that synopsis 

 

Top Of Your Evening To You, BoomHand86! :tiphat:

 

Hey, I cast some lead 310 grain bullets with a gas check and 19.0 grains of Hodgdon H110 for my S&W 44 mag with an 8 3/8" barrel but without a compensator or muzzle break loaded to 1,180 feet/second at the muzzle on the chronograph and shootin' those babies hurts my hand, too, after I shoot a few!

 

:o   :o   :o

 

If anyone is uncertain of what they are doing in any regard or their Honey is asking them to give pause to what they are doing then better not try this at home! Ya Hear?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 hours ago, Synopsis said:

 

 

 

Well, OK, seems like some folks (like me and a few esteemed others) have gotten on to a more pressing (interesting?) item at hand.

 

You know, I was thinking about requesting a reloading forum here since I think (maybe I am wrong here? maybe not?) there are some very capable and interested folks here in hand loading rifle, hand gun, and shot gun cartridges . Well, OK, I don't know everything by a long shot but there may be some folks interested in what I have to offer from my experiences and I know without a doubt I could learn a few things from others.

 

Well, OK, since this thread is already way, way off the rails I'll share another one of my stories.

 

Some folks may have a Taurus Judge and/or a S&W Governor. OK so far?

 

So, OK, I cast 000 buck and 358 158 grain lead cast bullets (300 grain 44 mag, 440 grain 500 S&W, and others, too). Still OK and we all know where this is headed?

 

I reload 410 shotgun shells. Imagine this, each 000 pellet weighs nominally 69 grains (there are 7,000 grains per pound) and a 2 1/2 410 grain shot shell holds 4 000 buck inline while a 158 grain 358 can be used as the base with two 000 buck on top.

 

These babies are moving out of a Taurus Judge 3" muzzle at 840 feet/second (average) on a chronograph. I use a MEC #9 that dumps 12.5 grains of Hodgden Lil' Gun (on average) in a WW AA Hull and a WW AA red wad. The spent wads are inverted after use. Imagine that.

 

So, OK. I was out hunting with some friends. This friend of mine drives his four wheeler back up to the house after dark and announces he just shot a mountain lion with his 243 Winchester using a 100 grain Sierra Game King Soft Point Boat Tail bullet moving at 3,100 feet per second out of the muzzle - longitudinally through the core of the mountain lion. Dropped the mountain lion on the spot but when he left the stand, the mountain lion disappeared. So, You guessed it, all his friends were solicited to "retrieve" this prized harvest. To his credit, there are mountain lions in the area. Now, there were three of us on our four wheelers and we all go out there in the dark. Now, mind You, here we all are out there with head lamps, flash lights, and drawn side arms thrashing around in the dark in the "mountain lion's" domain -  brush really - intent on claiming our prize. Here I am out there where suddenly I see some yellow eyes - hey, even I know what that means! I yell to let my other friend and "owner' of the prize I can "dispatch" and claim his prize. "Send It" was given and I dispatched a 410 with 4 nominally 69 grain 000 buck out of my S&W Governor that has a 2 1/2' barrel and hit 'em at 4 yards. Would You believe this fine specimen thrashed around after I shot him and I had to finally extinguish 'em. Well, OK, this was a big ole bob cat and not a mountain lion while my friend really got a laugh out of the whole deal. I know for sure that 2 of my 000 buck went through the bob cat. I dug one pellet out of the bob cat's hind quarters and the pellet (000 buck) had dimples on both the leading and trailing side. Pretty cool, huh?

 

I have another friend that does amateur taxidermy like nobodies' business. I have hunted with this guy many times and have more than thirty mounts.

 

So, OK, the 410 with one 158 grain 358 and 2 000 buck is a self defense load. I have used this round on a silhouette and can vouch the 158 grain 358 actually tumbles. Good luck for the criminal in that scenario.

 

Hopefully You enjoyed the read. Hunting story not amenable to everyone. But, hey, some folks are really interesting in this stuff. Maybe I can ask for another type of forum suited to others' particular interest so let me know.

Mr. Synopsis,

My apologies for helping this thread off the tracks.

This journey makes us all a little crazy and focus is easily lost on the subject at hand.

Thank you for sharing the story however.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, CaptainBVI said:

Mr. Synopsis,

My apologies for helping this thread off the tracks.

This journey makes us all a little crazy and focus is easily lost on the subject at hand.

Thank you for sharing the story however.

 

No need to apologize, CaptainBVI!

 

If anyone needs to apologize for running this thread way, way off the rails, it would be me and, to be honest, I am not anywhere near there, yet (well, OK, looks like I should be)!!!

 

:o   :o   :o

 

But, hey, some would likely readily admit this was really worth the off the rails trip! I mean, who doesn't get excited about, guns, ammo, reloading, hunting, and the like! Well, I guessed I just proved why I need to stay on the right threads with the right responses to the topic the thread started with in the right area - I just find myself mostly unable to overlook a great segue!

 

The Best Of Your Weekend To You, CaptainBVI and to all the other DVers who enjoyed or endured the thread excursion! :tiphat:

 

Go Moola Nova!

:pirateship:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.