Guest views are now limited to 12 pages. If you get an "Error" message, just sign in! If you need to create an account, click here.

• CRYPTO REWARDS!

Full endorsement on this opportunity - but it's limited, so get in while you can!

Iraqi disrupts official work on Thursday

yota691

Iraqi disrupts official work on Thursday

Iraq disrupts official work on Thursday

Twilight News    

17 minutes ago

The Secretariat of the Iraqi Council of Ministers on Wednesday to disrupt the official working day on Thursday on the occasion of the Islamic New Year.

The Secretariat said in a statement to the twilight news that it announced "to disrupt the official working day for tomorrow Thursday, 21/9/2017 ... corresponding to the first of Muharram Al-Haram, the Hijri New Year."

• Like 1
  • Upvote 2

If you add this to the giant TV screen in Baghdad, Abadi's twitter feed, the postponing of the Kurdish referendum... and now the Islamic New year........ you have the makings of an RV Coccktail!! Plus I believe the US fiscal New Year starts on October 1st..... so this is all lining up as a strong potential window for us all to be #blessed  😎

• Like 1
  • Upvote 5

Logo of the Kurdistan Regional Government
Logo of the Kurdistan Regional Government

ROWADO - Erbil 

The Kurdistan Regional Government (KRG) spokesman, Sven Dziyy, announced on Wednesday that official institutions and government departments will be suspended on Thursday 21-9-2017. 
"We congratulate the Muslims of the Kurdistan Region and the world on the occasion of the Islamic New Year, the anniversary of the migration of the Prophet Muhammad (peace and blessings of Allah be upon him) and hope that the security, safety and stability will prevail and that all events and crises in the Kurdistan Region will end," he said in a statement. He added, "On this occasion we declare to the citizens of the Kurdistan Region, that on Thursday, 21-9-2017, is the first day of the month of Muharram of the Hijri year, and will be an official holiday in all institutions and government departments in the region."

• Upvote 2

Thank god. Those saps in Parliament needed a break. Working 6 hours this week was a mind bender. Plus they need to restock the water bottles and foam fingers for the next "do nothing' session. October they start discussing the 2018 budget, leading right up to December vacation. There's no intention to accomplish anything important from these fools. I can only hope that most, if not all, get dumped in next spring elections.

• Upvote 2

2 hours ago, King Bean said:

Thank god. Those saps in Parliament needed a break. Working 6 hours this week was a mind bender. Plus they need to restock the water bottles and foam fingers for the next "do nothing' session. October they start discussing the 2018 budget, leading right up to December vacation. There's no intention to accomplish anything important from these fools. I can only hope that most, if not all, get dumped in next spring elections.

Happy birthday King Bean.....

have u find luigi yet....:D

• Upvote 3

Editorial date: 2017/9/21 11:31 • 71 times scheduled
Jubouri congratulates the new Hijri year and hopes to be the year of victory over terrorism
[Ayna-Baghdad] 
Speaker of the House of Representatives Salim al-Jubouri congratulated the Iraqi people and all other Arab and Islamic peoples, on the occasion of the new Hijri year 1439.
"We ask the Almighty that this year is the year of decisive victory over terrorism in our country, region and world, and the return of all displaced people and displaced persons to their homes," Jubouri said. 
He wished that "the new Islamic year will be a year of good and blessing for our dear country, the Arab nation, Islamic and humanity as a whole, and to achieve prosperity, prosperity, security and stability in a country that enjoys all its components with love and peace." 
Al-Jabouri called on "God Almighty to accept the martyrs of Iraq who have sacrificed their lives in defense of the homeland and to grant speedy recovery to the wounded and to end the patience and steadfastness of the Iraqi people by defeating the enemies."
  • Upvote 2

23 hours ago, NEPatriotsFan1 said:

If you add this to the giant TV screen in Baghdad, Abadi's twitter feed, the postponing of the Kurdish referendum... and now the Islamic New year........ you have the makings of an RV Coccktail!! Plus I believe the US fiscal New Year starts on October 1st..... so this is all lining up as a strong potential window for us all to be #blessed  😎

US is October 1st but Iraq is Calendar year so I don't know how all this will work out. Sure looks promising

• Upvote 2

On 9/20/2017 at 7:44 AM, NEPatriotsFan1 said:

:praying: Fam

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Integrativedoc said:

US is October 1st but Iraq is Calendar year so I don't know how all this will work out. Sure looks promising

All I was saying is I know that US tax reform is on the agenda for Trump and it's interesting how close all these things line up with the Debt Ceiling issues we face and how Iraq could be a catalyst for economic growth  

Edited by NEPatriotsFan1

On 9/20/2017 at 10:04 AM, King Bean said:

King Bean...Curious, are you referring to The US Do Nothing Congress or the Iraqi's?

Karsten

• Upvote 2

Mark Ur Islamic Calenders ! :blink: 

:D  :D  :D 

The office of Mr. Sistani announced tomorrow the holy month of Muharram

Thursday, September 21 2017

The office of the supreme religious authority, Ali al-Sistani, announced that Friday will be the first day of the holy month of Muharram for the new Hijri year 1439.

"Friday is the first day of the holy month of Muharram," a statement from his office said.

At the threshold of Husseiniya in the holy city of Karbala, Thursday evening, the ceremony of replacing the banner of the Imam Hussein's dome (AH) from Al-Hamra to the Black, marked the beginning of the month of Muharram.

LINK

14 hours ago, nannab said:

Happy Birthday King Bean drinks on us in Vegas after a few rounds we will sing to you. :partyhat:  :drunk:

Thank you. And I will dance for everyone in my bear suit !! It ain't pretty....

but we'll be drunk and rich, so who cares??!!  :lol:

dancing-bear-gif-15.gif

• Upvote 2

5 hours ago, King Bean said:

Thank you. And I will dance for everyone in my bear suit !! It ain't pretty....

but we'll be drunk and rich, so who cares??!!  :lol:

dancing-bear-gif-15.gif

Absolutely adorable !!! :lmao::lmao:  And you are so right we'll be in the money CHA CHA CHA