Guest views are now limited to 12 pages. If you get an "Error" message, just sign in! If you need to create an account, click here.

• CRYPTO REWARDS!

Full endorsement on this opportunity - but it's limited, so get in while you can!

International Monetary Fund urges Iraq to maximize its resources by revitalizing industry and agriculture

yota691

6 minutes ago, blueskyline said:

"The independence of the Kurdistan region will not have a significant economic and financial impact on Iraq, because the Iraqi government has not paid for the Kurdistan region two years ago; and therefore did not affect the general budget of the government

Thanks BSL

• Upvote 1

IMF calls for the restructuring of the rational and Rafidain Bank

zz76.jpg

money and business
Economy News _ Baghdad

The International Monetary Fund (IMF) on Monday called on the Iraqi authorities to restructure the Rasheed and Rafidain banks and strengthen the legal framework of the central bank, calling for the cancellation of the remaining entry on the dinar exchange rate. 

The Iraqi Business Council said in a press statement received by "The Economist News" that "the head of the mission of the International Monetary Fund in Iraq, Christian Joss, discussed in the Jordanian capital Amman with the delegation of members of the Iraqi Business Council the latest developments in the Convention on credit readiness with Iraq and the challenges facing the Iraqi private sector" .

"The IMF urged the Iraqi authorities to take further measures to strengthen oversight and implement plans to restructure state-owned banks that control the banking system, including the Rashid and Rafidain banks, strengthen the legal framework of the Central Bank, and eliminate the remaining restriction on the exchange rate and the practice of multiple exchange rates , And the implementation of measures to combat money laundering and the financing of terrorism and fight corruption.

"The International Monetary Fund stressed the importance of implementing structural reforms to improve the investment climate and diversify the economy to encourage private sector activity and improve the business environment," the statement quoted Jos as saying.

"Integrity in Iraq does not need new laws, but rather to implement existing laws strictly to combat corruption. The international community should help Iraq in this regard," he said.

Views 34   Date Added 18/09/2017
http://economy-news.net/content.php?id=9046

http://www.economy-news.net/content.php?id=9046

• Upvote 9

30 minutes ago, dinareffic said:

"The IMF urged the Iraqi authorities to take further measures to strengthen oversight and implement plans to restructure state-owned banks that control the banking system, including the Rashid and Rafidain banks, strengthen the legal framework of the Central Bank, and eliminate the remaining restriction on the exchange rate and the practice of multiple exchange rates , And the implementation of measures to combat money laundering and the financing of terrorism and fight corruption.

Nice!! :twothumbs:

• Upvote 3

48 minutes ago, dinareffic said:

That statement is just too good to be true!!!! 

I have everything crossed at the moment!!

Go RV!!!!

• Upvote 3

If they do those two things.... It's on Baby!!  This being Iraq however, I'm thinking probably be 2018 before they get their Shiite together and stop the madness.

I've never wanted to be more wrong about something in my entire life! Looking at it realistically though, China wants to implement their Yuan/gold, oil benchmark in 2018 and that will be a huge catalyst for making a huge move like what we are looking for. 

So we wait some more and hope it happens soon...

• Upvote 2

21 minutes ago, mr.unlikely said:

If they do those two things.... It's on Baby!!  This being Iraq however, I'm thinking probably be 2018 before they get their Shiite together and stop the madness.

I've never wanted to be more wrong about something in my entire life! Looking at it realistically though, China wants to implement their Yuan/gold, oil benchmark in 2018 and that will be a huge catalyst for making a huge move like what we are looking for. 

So we wait some more and hope it happens soon...

Agreed Mr. U - - - These Pin Heads always prove us right . . . once just once I'd like to be prove wrong.

Like you, I think 2018 is more likely; knowing how long these knuckle dragging mouth breathers like to run their mouths forever on an issue before they even consider doing anything about it.

God almighty, I want off this ride, however, I feel we're in for another round or 2 of being dragged thru the weeds before they pull the trigger. All the Best :salute:

3 minutes ago, 10 YEARS LATER said:

Agreed Mr. U - - - These Pin Heads always prove us right . . . once just once I'd like to be prove wrong.

Like you, I think 2018 is more likely; knowing how long these knuckle dragging mouth breathers like to run their mouths forever on an issue before they even consider doing anything about it.

God almighty, I want off this ride, however, I feel we're in for another round or 2 of being dragged thru the weeds before they pull the trigger. All the Best :salute:

SHUT YOUR DIRTY MOUTH!!! ya your probably right.... DAMNIT!!!! 😩

• Upvote 1

• yota691 changed the title to International Monetary Fund urges Iraq to maximize its resources by revitalizing industry and agriculture