Guest views are now limited to 12 pages. If you get an "Error" message, just sign in! If you need to create an account, click here.

• CRYPTO REWARDS!

Full endorsement on this opportunity - but it's limited, so get in while you can!

OF ALL THE THINGS HE COULD SAY

MyLadiesDaddy

I recently had the most revealing conversation with someone which gave me a new perspective to what I now believe.

This was not someone that thinks the way in which I do about the Holy Bible and its literalness. 

I would like to show all here what I found to be an amazing discovery.

OF ALL THE THINGS THAT GOD COULD SAY

He said this first

As we became new Christians we began to read the Holy Word of God.

Most probably began reading in the New Testament leaving the Old Testament alone claiming that it was far to complicated for beginners.

Problem is, that is not how one is supposed to read a book. 

Is there any other book that you have EVER read where you started reading at  Chapter 39? Yet if you start reading the Bible at the New Testament

that is exactly what you are doing.

BUUUUUUUUTTTTTT if you start reading where God started TALKING then you will begin at the Holy Book of Genesis.

And that brings me to my newest revelation of the Lord.

I do apologize about the above, I accidently hit post before I was finished,

here is the rest of the story.

Of all the things that God could have started His Holy Word with, what He found to be the most important thing to point out first was

HOW HE BUILT THE EARTH.

Let that sink in for a minute,

God could have started out by telling us how he was going to send His Son, Jesus Christ to die for us.

Or he could have begun with talking about how he would send His Holy Spirit to live with and in us.

There are a myriad of other subjects that God would have easily said that would seem to us to be far more important than the shape and building of the earth.  

So why is it that he chose to tell us FIRST about this world?

And I received this as the answer.

Isaiah 66:1

Thus saith the LORD, The heaven is my throne, and the earth is my footstool:

And then this,

"My son, the earth is MY Footstool, but it is the Foundation that you must begin with in your faith".

What the Lord was telling me is that is not meant to take away from Jesus Christ being the foundation of our faith, but that we must FIRST learn to believe and trust God

Before we can even begin to build our Faith in Jesus Christ.

You see God knew what the devil was going to do even before the devil knew what he was going to do. 

And thus God started with his creation First because he knew that the devil would call God a liar and claim that his creation was something that it is not.

Thus the earth, as  God's creation, is the foundation on which we stand that is the beginning of our faith,

which faith begins by trusting and believing the 

WORD OF GOD!

You see as much as people today don't wanna admit it you simply cannot have a PERFECT faith in Jesus Christ

If you don't believe the word of God as God spoke it.

God is not stupid that he can not write a book. 

And God is not wrong that he couldn't explain to men that he used to pen the book EXACTLY what he wanted to say.

THE WAY HE WANTED TO SAY IT. 

If we say we love God and that we have Faith in Jesus Christ 

But we don't believe the Word of God,

We lie, and the truth is  not in us.

But and if, we believe God then we must believe the Word of God as he spoke it.

That is the beginning of your Faith in God. 

And thus your foundations, Foundation.

So then if God told us that the earth was a, "vault", and that he placed the sun, moon, and stars inside the vault.

That must needs be what God meant to say and thus it is the truth. 

And if it is NOT the truth then  we are claiming that we think God is stupid, that he cannot write a book. 

Now I ask you,

If God saw it necessary to describe the earth as the first thing he wanted to say, and that the earth is a ball floating around in some galaxy 

Why is it that at the same time God didn't tell us all about that GALAXY?  

Would that not follow in synchronicity?

Would not that have been something that God would want us to know for to show us his Grandeur?

I mean, REALLY, creating the earth is one thing,

But tell me how that you created the galaxy is entirely a whole nother subject.

That would have been AWESOME.

But that isn't what God said. 

He stopped at the earth because that is all he created.

And to be sure that is even more AWESOME in that it is far more intricate  than anything a man could come up with. 

So intricate that when the devil tells us that it is actually a ball floating in a galaxy that we can easily believe it 

simply because of the intricacies of the earth.

What I'm saying here is that 

WE MUST BELIEVE THE HOLY WORD OF GOD

or our Faith is in vain.

As always is my admonition,

TAKE THIS TO THE LORD YOUR GOD IN PRAYER

• 2 weeks later...

John 10:25-39 New International Version (NIV)

25 Jesus answered, “I did tell you, but you do not believe. The works I do in my Father’s name testify about me, 26 but you do not believe because you are not my sheep. 27 My sheep listen to my voice; I know them, and they follow me. 28 I give them eternal life, and they shall never perish; no one will ****** them out of my hand. 29 My Father, who has given them to me, is greater than all[a]; no one can ****** them out of my Father’s hand. 30 I and the Father are one.”

31 Again his Jewish opponents picked up stones to stone him, 32 but Jesus said to them, “I have shown you many good works from the Father. For which of these do you stone me?”

33 “We are not stoning you for any good work,” they replied, “but for blasphemy, because you, a mere man, claim to be God.”

34 Jesus answered them, “Is it not written in your Law, ‘I have said you are “gods”’[b]? 35 If he called them ‘gods,’ to whom the word of God came—and Scripture cannot be set aside—36 what about the one whom the Father set apart as his very own and sent into the world?Why then do you accuse me of blasphemy because I said, ‘I am God’s Son’? 37 Do not believe me unless I do the works of my Father. 38 But if I do them, even though you do not believe me, believe the works, that you may know and understand that the Father is in me, and I in the Father.” 39 Again they tried to seize him, but he escaped their grasp.

Footnotes:

1. John 10:29 Many early manuscripts What my Father has given me is greater than all
  2. John 10:34 Psalm 82:6
New International Version (NIV)

Holy Bible, New International Version®, NIV® Copyright ©1973, 1978, 1984, 2011 by Biblica, Inc.® Used by permission. All rights reserved worldwide.

• Upvote 2

1 hour ago, Botzwana said:

You write the above then say that Jesus is God....It baffles me how Christians can think he is God.  It is obvious they are two seperate beings.

Actually 3 separate beings. 

I understand the Trinity this way.

H2O

It exists in 3 states.

Gas

Liquid

Solid

All the same substance but in different forms. 

God is the same in principal. 

In no particular order of importance:

God= liquid

Jesus=Gas

Holy Spirit=Solid  

It may not be the perfect analogy but it works for me. 

Three separate states of being. All existing on their own with no dependence on each other. Be touched by one and you have been touched by all three. 

• Upvote 3

43 minutes ago, Botzwana said:

If someone tells my son that he looks just like me...that doesn´t mean that my son IS me.  Many people have told me my mannerisms are just like my Dad´s.  However we are two seperate people.  Heck I even resemble my father alot!  To me this verse is saying that.  Now if Jesus had said...I AM my father...but he never did.

John 8:58

58 Jesus said unto them, Verily, verily, I say unto you, Before Abraham was,

I am.

1 Corinthians 2:14

But the natural man receiveth not the things of the Spirit of God: for they are foolishness unto him: neither can he know them, because they are spiritually discerned.

Matthew 4:8-10

8 Again, the devil taketh him up into an exceeding high mountain, and sheweth him all the kingdoms of the world, and the glory of them; 9And saith unto him, All these things will I give thee, if thou wilt fall down and worship me.

10 Then saith Jesus unto him, Get thee hence, Satan: for it is written,

Thou shalt worship the Lord thy God, and him only shalt thou serve.

Matthew 16:23

But he turned, and said unto Peter, Get thee behind me, Satan:

thou art an offence unto me:

for thou savourest not the things that be of God,

but those that be of men.

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 1

34 minutes ago, Botzwana said:

If I say that my wife and I are one.  Am I saying we are one person?  Of course not.  But we are bonded by love and purpose.  Same with Jesus and the Father Jehovah.  If you notice in that very verse you quote...He NEVER claimed to be God.  he said he was God´s son.  Your scripture proves my point.  He has never claimed to be God Almighty.  

The jews were trying to stone him because they misunderstood him.

Here is another reference to where the Jews were going to stone Jesus Christ because he clearly identified HIMSELF as God:

John 8:56-59 New American Standard Bible (NASB)

56 Your father Abraham rejoiced [a]to see My day, and he saw it and was glad.” 57 So the Jews said to Him, “You are not yet fifty years old, and have You seen Abraham?” 58 Jesus said to them, “Truly, truly, I say to you, before Abraham [b]was born, I am.” 59 Therefore they picked up stones to throw at Him, but Jesus [c]hid Himself and went out of the temple.

Footnotes:

1. John 8:56 Lit in order that he might see
  2. John 8:58 Lit came into being
  3. John 8:59 Lit was hidden
New American Standard Bible (NASB)

Copyright © 1960, 1962, 1963, 1968, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1975, 1977, 1995 by The Lockman Foundation

Here is the Old Testament reference to "I AM" that I believe Jesus Christ was claiming and the Jews were going to stone Jesus Christ for because Jesus Christ is directly claiming HE is God.

Exodus 3:13-15New American Standard Bible (NASB)

13 Then Moses said to God, “Behold, I am going to the sons of Israel, and I will say to them, ‘The God of your fathers has sent me to you.’ Now they may say to me, ‘What is His name?’ What shall I say to them?”14 God said to Moses, “[a]I AM WHO [b]I AM”; and He said, “Thus you shall say to the sons of Israel, ‘[c]I AM has sent me to you.’” 15 God, furthermore, said to Moses, “Thus you shall say to the sons of Israel, ‘The Lord, the God of your fathers, the God of Abraham, the God of Isaac, and the God of Jacob, has sent me to you.’ This is My name forever, and this is My memorial-name [d]to all generations.

Footnotes:

1. Exodus 3:14 Related to the name of God, YHWH, rendered Lord, which is derived from the verb HAYAH, to be
  2. Exodus 3:14 Related to the name of God, YHWH, rendered Lord, which is derived from the verb HAYAH, to be
  3. Exodus 3:14 Related to the name of God, YHWH, rendered Lord, which is derived from the verb HAYAH, to be
  4. Exodus 3:15 Lit to generation of generation
New American Standard Bible (NASB)

Copyright © 1960, 1962, 1963, 1968, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1975, 1977, 1995 by The Lockman Foundation

I don't claim to be a bible scholar. They have this thing called the internet that lets you type in questions and answers come back. 

Enjoy

Question: "Is Jesus God? Did Jesus ever claim to be God?"

Answer: 
The Bible never records Jesus saying the precise words, “I am God.” That does not mean, however, that He did not proclaim that He is God. Take for example Jesus’ words in John 10:30, “I and the Father are one.” We need only to look at the Jews’ reaction to His statement to know He was claiming to be God. They tried to stone Him for this very reason: “You, a mere man, claim to be God” (John 10:33). The Jews understood exactly what Jesus was claiming—deity. When Jesus declared, “I and the Father are one,” He was saying that He and the Father are of one nature and essence. John 8:58 is another example. Jesus declared, “I tell you the truth … before Abraham was born, I am!” Jews who heard this statement responded by taking up stones to kill Him for blasphemy, as the Mosaic Law commanded (Leviticus 24:16).

John reiterates the concept of Jesus’ deity: “The Word [Jesus] was God” and “the Word became flesh” (John 1:1, 14). These verses clearly indicate that Jesus is God in the flesh. Acts 20:28 tells us, “Be shepherds of the church of God, which he bought with his own blood.” Who bought the church with His own blood? Jesus Christ. And this same verse declares that God purchased His church with His own blood. Therefore, Jesus is God!

Thomas the disciple declared concerning Jesus, “My Lord and my God” (John 20:28). Jesus does not correct him. Titus 2:13 encourages us to wait for the coming of our God and Savior, Jesus Christ (see also 2 Peter 1:1). In Hebrews 1:8, the Father declares of Jesus, “But about the Son he says, ‘Your throne, O God, will last forever and ever, and righteousness will be the scepter of your kingdom.’” The Father refers to Jesus as “O God,” indicating that Jesus is indeed God.

In Revelation, an angel instructed the apostle John to only worship God (Revelation 19:10). Several times in Scripture Jesus receives worship (Matthew 2:11; 14:33; 28:9, 17; Luke 24:52; John 9:38). He never rebukes people for worshiping Him. If Jesus were not God, He would have told people to not worship Him, just as the angel in Revelation did. There are many other passages of Scripture that argue for Jesus’ deity.

The most important reason that Jesus has to be God is that, if He is not God, His death would not have been sufficient to pay the penalty for the sins of the world (1 John 2:2). A created being, which Jesus would be if He were not God, could not pay the infinite penalty required for sin against an infinite God. Only God could pay such an infinite penalty. Only God could take on the sins of the world (2 Corinthians 5:21), die, and be resurrected, proving His victory over sin and death.

Recommended Resource: Jesus: The Greatest Life of All by Charles Swindoll

• Upvote 2

10 minutes ago, nstoolman1 said:

I don't claim to be a bible scholar. They have this thing called the internet that lets you type in questions and answers come back. 

Enjoy

Enjoyed, NStoolMan1!

11 minutes ago, nstoolman1 said:

The most important reason that Jesus has to be God is that, if He is not God, His death would not have been sufficient to pay the penalty for the sins of the world (1 John 2:2). A created being, which Jesus would be if He were not God, could not pay the infinite penalty required for sin against an infinite God. Only God could pay such an infinite penalty. Only God could take on the sins of the world (2 Corinthians 5:21), die, and be resurrected, proving His victory over sin and death.

Psalm 130:7-8 New International Version (NIV)

Israel, put your hope in the Lord,
    for with the Lord is unfailing love
    and with him is full redemption.
He himself will redeem Israel
    from all their sins.

Holy Bible, New International Version®, NIV® Copyright ©1973, 1978, 1984, 2011 by Biblica, Inc.® Used by permission. All rights reserved worldwide.

1 Peter 2:24 New International Version (NIV)

24 He himself bore our sins in his body on the cross, so that we might die to sins and live for righteousness; “by his wounds you have been healed.”

Unfortunate dichotomies presented here. What appears to be presented is circular reasoning such that nothing is valid according to man's understanding.

By my observation, there appears to be a visceral hatred of:

• Jesus Christ is God the Son HIMSELF and appeared in the flesh to die on the cross bearing all mankind's sin then rising again from the dead and now has ascended and is seated at the right hand of God the Father.
  • When a person trustingly receives Jesus Christ as LORD and Savior, God the Holy Spirit then dwells inside the person with absolutely no other component of salvation such as good works.
  • Man is inherently evil and all man's faculties - that includes the mind (intellect), will, and emotions, are completely corrupted and are regenerated/renewed by the Holy Spirit once the person receives Jesus Christ as LORD and Savior so that the person reflects the character of God in an ever increasing manner.
  • Good works apart from the direction and guidance of the Holy Spirit are opposition to God and do not indicate right standing with God and can not obligate God to anything.
  • Good works brought about by the Holy Spirit are a demonstration the person has received Jesus Christ as LORD and Savior while the good works are in no way the means for the person to be in eternal fellowship with God.
  • There is eternal separation from God in a place prepared for the Devil and his angels where the soul will exist eternally in torment.
  • God's eternal qualities as described in the (accurate) Bible are not subject to man or any man's judgement and God is not accountable to any man or any man's reason or devices.

2 Corinthians 13:14 New International Version (NIV)

14 May the grace of the Lord Jesus Christ, and the love of God, and the fellowship of the Holy Spirit be with you all.

• Upvote 1

Proverbs 19:2-4New International Version (NIV)

Desire without knowledge is not good—
    how much more will hasty feet miss the way!

A person’s own folly leads to their ruin,
    yet their heart rages against the Lord.

Wealth attracts many friends,
    but even the closest friend of the poor person deserts them.

Proverbs 21:29-31New International Version (NIV)

29 The wicked put up a bold front,
    but the upright give thought to their ways.

30 There is no wisdom, no insight, no plan
    that can succeed against the Lord.

31 The horse is made ready for the day of battle,
    but victory rests with the Lord.

Romans 4:4-5New International Version (NIV)

Now to the one who works, wages are not credited as a gift but as an obligation. However, to the one who does not work but trusts God who justifies the ungodly, their faith is credited as righteousness.

Proverbs 19:2-4New International Version (NIV)

Desire without knowledge is not good—
    how much more will hasty feet miss the way!

A person’s own folly leads to their ruin,
    yet their heart rages against the Lord.

Wealth attracts many friends,
    but even the closest friend of the poor person deserts them.

Proverbs 21:29-31New International Version (NIV)

29 The wicked put up a bold front,
    but the upright give thought to their ways.

30 There is no wisdom, no insight, no plan
    that can succeed against the Lord.

31 The horse is made ready for the day of battle,
    but victory rests with the Lord.

Romans 6:22-23New International Version (NIV)

22 But now that you have been set free from sin and have become slaves of God, the benefit you reap leads to holiness, and the result is eternal life. 23 For the wages of sin is death, but the gift of God is eternal life in[a] Christ Jesus our Lord.

Footnotes:

1. Romans 6:23 Or through

Romans 4:4-5New International Version (NIV)

Now to the one who works, wages are not credited as a gift but as an obligation. However, to the one who does not work but trusts God who justifies the ungodly, their faith is credited as righteousness.

Ephesians 2:8-10New International Version (NIV)

For it is by grace you have been saved, through faith—and this is not from yourselves, it is the gift of God— not by works, so that no one can boast. 10 For we are God’s handiwork,created in Christ Jesus to do good works, which God prepared in advance for us to do.

I know You would rather reference man's intellect, Botzwana, than to rely and trust solely on the clearly stated parts of Scripture but the error for doing so has been stated in this and other threads. Proverbs 21:30 above, among others, is a very key reason not to rely on man's intellect. No matter what I think of God or God's actions or God's non actions, God is not bound to what I think or to act in accordance with what I think.

So, OK, I before God will say, "Annihilate me". I don't think so. As mentioned earlier, HE will say to those on HIS right and left where they will go for eternity - in LOVE. So I am to tell God what HIS LOVE consists of or how HE reveals HIMSELF? I firmly think NOT.

So I engage in Jehovah Witness activities for 90 hours a month (or not) just to be annihilated at some point or to have an existence in a place not heaven or hell for a period of time?

The reference to "All Souls Die" is in specific reference to an existence apart from God but in no way infers dead souls will terninate or be annihilated but they will exist for eternity apart from God. As mentioned earlier from Scripture the difference in eternal existence in God's presence or not is the receiving of the gift of eternal life through the atoning sacrifice of Jesus Christ because his blood is my remission of my sin(s) as well as others who have trustingly received Jesus Christ.

I have chosen to receive the utmost demonstration of God's LOVE for me by trustingly receiving the gift of eternal life in God The Son Jesus Christ. I am not going to accrue and experience the wages of sin.

I ran out time to post so here is my complete post.

Botzwana, I understand You really like to practice circular reasoning based on misconstrued Jehovah Witness information. I am not the source of TRUTH and have repeatedly stated plain scripture. There is no "human intellect assist" to the Scriptures but the Scriptures are the sole basis for understanding TRUTH by the Spirit of TRUTH that is specifically the Holy Spirit. Without the Holy Spirit, there is no hope of understanding the Scriptures. The Holy Spirit is received at the instant a person receives the free gift of eternal life in Jesus Christ as their deposit for salvation.

Jesus Promises the Holy Spirit

15 “If you love me, keep my commands. 16 And I will ask the Father, and he will give you another advocate to help you and be with you forever—17 the Spirit of truth. The world cannot accept him, because it neither sees him nor knows him. But you know him, for he lives with you and will be[c] in you. 18 I will not leave you as orphans; I will come to you.19 Before long, the world will not see me anymore, but you will see me.Because I live, you also will live. 20 On that day you will realize that I am in my Father, and you are in me, and I am in you. 21 Whoever has my commands and keeps them is the one who loves me. The one who loves me will be loved by my Father, and I too will love them and show myself to them.”

22 Then Judas (not Judas Iscariot) said, “But, Lord, why do you intend to show yourself to us and not to the world?”

23 Jesus replied, “Anyone who loves me will obey my teaching. My Father will love them, and we will come to them and make our home with them. 24 Anyone who does not love me will not obey my teaching. These words you hear are not my own; they belong to the Father who sent me.

25 “All this I have spoken while still with you. 26 But the Advocate, the Holy Spirit, whom the Father will send in my name, will teach you all things and will remind you of everything I have said to you. 27 Peace I leave with you; my peace I give you. I do not give to you as the world gives. Do not let your hearts be troubled and do not be afraid.

28 “You heard me say, ‘I am going away and I am coming back to you.’ If you loved me, you would be glad that I am going to the Father, for the Father is greater than I. 29 I have told you now before it happens, so that when it does happen you will believe. 30 I will not say much more to you, for the prince of this world is coming. He has no hold over me, 31 but he comes so that the world may learn that I love the Father and do exactly what my Father has commanded me.

“Come now; let us leave.

Footnotes:

1. John 14:1 Or Believe in God
  2. John 14:7 Some manuscripts If you really knew me, you would know
  3. John 14:17 Some early manuscripts and is

2 Corinthians 1:21-22 New International Version (NIV)

21 Now it is God who makes both us and you stand firm in Christ. He anointed us, 22 set his seal of ownership on us, and put his Spirit in our hearts as a deposit, guaranteeing what is to come.

2 Timothy 1:13-14 New International Version (NIV)

13 What you heard from me, keep as the pattern of sound teaching, with faith and love in Christ Jesus. 14 Guard the good deposit that was entrusted to you—guard it with the help of the Holy Spirit who lives in us.

Please, Please, Please Botzwana - I implore You to get the relief being offered to You by the Holy Spirit. I am pained deeply to watch You struggle so hard to resist the salvation in Jesus Christ that is being offered to You!

2 Corinthians 5:16-21 New International Version (NIV)

16 So from now on we regard no one from a worldly point of view. Though we once regarded Christ in this way, we do so no longer.17 Therefore, if anyone is in Christ, the new creation has come:[a] The old has gone, the new is here! 18 All this is from God, who reconciled us to himself through Christ and gave us the ministry of reconciliation: 19 that God was reconciling the world to himself in Christ, not counting people’s sins against them. And he has committed to us the message of reconciliation. 20 We are therefore Christ’s ambassadors, as though God were making his appeal through us. We implore you on Christ’s behalf: Be reconciled to God. 21 God made him who had no sin to be sin[b] for us, so that in him we might become the righteousness of God.

Footnotes:

1. 2 Corinthians 5:17 Or Christ, that person is a new creation.
  2. 2 Corinthians 5:21 Or be a sin offering

2 Corinthians 6:1-2New International Version (NIV)

As God’s co-workers we urge you not to receive God’s grace in vain.For he says,

“In the time of my favor I heard you,
    and in the day of salvation I helped you.”[a]

I tell you, now is the time of God’s favor, now is the day of salvation.

Footnotes:

1. 2 Corinthians 6:2 Isaiah 49:8

Edited by Synopsis

It might help to define the following:

• Body: Flesh, organs, dust/dirt, nothing more, simple.
  • Spirit: Human beings have a spirit, but we are not spirits. However, in Scripture, only believers are said to be spiritually alive (1 Corinthians 2:11; Hebrews 4:12; James 2:26), while unbelievers are spiritually dead (Ephesians 2:1–5; Colossians 2:13). In Paul’s writing, the spiritual is pivotal to the life of the believer (1 Corinthians 2:14; 3:1; Ephesians 1:3; 5:19; Colossians 1:9; 3:16). The spirit is the element in humanity that gives us the ability to have an intimate relationship with God. Whenever the word spirit is used, it refers to the immaterial part of humanity that “connects” with God, who Himself is spirit (John 4:24).
  • Soul: The soul can refer to both the immaterial and material aspects of humanity. Unlike human beings having a spirit, human beings are souls. In its most basic sense, the word soul means “life”; however, beyond this essential meaning, the Bible speaks of the soul in many contexts. One of these is in relation to humanity’s eagerness to sin (Luke 12:26). Human beings have a sinful nature, and our souls are tainted with sin. The soul, as the life essence of the body, is removed at the time of physical death (Genesis 35:18; Jeremiah 15:2). The soul, as with the spirit, is the center of many spiritual and emotional experiences (Job 30:25; Psalm 43:5; Jeremiah 13:17). The word soul can refer to the whole person, whether alive on earth or in the afterlife.
  • Death:  The result of Original Sin. All humanity is born spiritually dead;  Ephesians 2:1 - "And you were dead in your trespasses and sins…"  That reality is why humanity must be... wait for it... Born Again through Christ's atoning death, then and only then, can a man's spirit commune with God's spirit.  
  • Eternal Life:  Mankind  has both a soul and spirit.  They are connected, but separable (Hebrews 4:12), and eternal. The phrase 'Eternal Life' does not mean eternal life with God.  It means the soul and the spirit will exist for all eternity.  Only the soul and spirit that have been born again will exist with God for all of eternity while the soul and spirit that rejected the atonement will spend eternity separate from God.    

GH

• Upvote 3

3 hours ago, Shabibilicious said:

A baseball has a foundation of cork.  :huh:

GO RV, then BV

A baseball has a core , just like the so called planet earth. Not a foundation. 

foundation

[foun-dey-shuh n] 

1.the basis or groundwork of anything:

the moral foundation of both society and religion.

the natural or prepared ground or base on which some structure rests.

the lowest division of a building, wall, or the like, usually of masonry and partly or wholly below the surface of the ground.

:lol:Now don't tell me Mr. Surveyor man that you don't know what a foundation is. :lol:

And the, "Foundation of the Earth", would be

the base of the structure that God spread out the 

HEAVENS LIKE A TENT OVER. 

Isaiah 40:22

• Upvote 1

Thanks for the tee-up Bots

George ya had me until the end...  Souls that reject the atonement will spend all eternity from god.  No.  Souls are not immortal. 

You will have to explain why the atonement exists if souls are not immortal.

Again I state...The Bible NEVER, EVER, says that souls are immortal but over a hundred times the Bible explicitly states that souls die (Ezek.18:4,20; 22:27; Job 36:14; Ps.56:13; 78:50; 116:8; Ac 3:23; Js 5:20; Num 23:10 etc.).

You may be mincing words with regard to the Bible not providing the quotable statement, “Souls are immortal.”  Sometimes God is direct and sometimes He implies by example and/or miracles and/or communion and/or prophecy.  I’ll take your word that the Bible explicitly states over one hundred times that a soul dies.  However, be mindful that the Bible also does not explicitly state that souls are not immortal.

Every single soul that has ever lived until today has died.  Every single one.

Every single one, eh?  Let’s go to the highest source on this issue, shall we?  Christ said to the thief on the cross, “Today you will be with me in paradise.” (Luke 23:43)  According to you, the thief is dead, kaput, no moss, pushing up daisies, worm food and yet, Christ promised the thief he would be in paradise on that very day, obviously, after he died.  Although the Bible doesn’t explicitly state the thief died that day or any other day, I think the common understanding is that he did.  But, if, as you say, the soul is a human being and is not immortal how could the thief exist with Christ in paradise?  Christ doesn’t lie… or does He? 

Let’s broaden the numbers:  Revelation 6:9. “And when the Lamb opened the fifth seal, I saw under the altar the souls of those who had been slain for the word of God and for the testimony they had upheld. And they cried out in a loud voice, “How long, O Lord, holy and true, until You judge those who live on the earth and avenge our blood?”

Here we have a group of souls who had been killed for the word of God and for their testimony.  Please take note; those souls are in Heaven and not only do they speak, they speak with a loud voice to express a desire for God to judge those who had killed them in order that their blood be avenged.

Hmm… spoken thought, expectation, understanding and knowledge; those souls don’t seem to be very dead to me.  In fact it appears they… well, you know what I was going to say don’t you?  You just haven’t found a way to refute it yet.;)

The foundation of human life:  “The Lord God formed man from the dust of the ground and breathed into his nostrils the breath of life, and the man became a living being” (Gen 2:7)  At death, “The dust returns to the ground it came from, and the spirit returns to God who gave it.” (Eccl. 12.7)

Now let’s individualize the issue: At death, “we are… away from the body and at home with the Lord” (2Cor.5:8) and, St. Paul wrote that it is better, “to depart from the body and be with Christ.” (Phil. 1:23)

But man, you are correct about the other parts.  Human beings ARE souls! 

I am afraid you misunderstood me.  Human beings are not souls just as an egg is not the yoke.  As I said before human beings are a unity of body and soul, possessing both a physical and spiritual dimension; they are a psychosomatic unity, blend of mind and matter.

There is not an immortal part that lives on after our bodies die.

I think I’ve provide sufficient scripture to illustrate otherwise.

Thank you George!  You get it.

No, my friend, let me thank you for allowing me to set the record straight.  I do get it and, I pray that you will also.

GH

Edited by George Hayduke
coffee rush
  • Like 1
  • Upvote 2

Well, said George Hayduke! :twothumbs:

Everyone (me included) is dead in their sins until they trustingly receive Jesus Christ as their LORD and Savior!

Colossians 2:13-15New International Version (NIV)

13 When you were dead in your sins and in the uncircumcision of your flesh, God made you[a]alive with Christ. He forgave us all our sins, 14 having canceled the charge of our legal indebtedness, which stood against us and condemned us; he has taken it away, nailing it to the cross. 15 And having disarmed the powers and authorities, he made a public spectacle of them, triumphing over them by the cross.[b]

Footnotes:

1. Colossians 2:13 Some manuscripts us
  2. Colossians 2:15 Or them in him

Titus 3:3-7New International Version (NIV)

At one time we too were foolish, disobedient, deceived and enslaved by all kinds of passions and pleasures. We lived in malice and envy, being hated and hating one another.But when the kindness and love of God our Savior appeared, he saved us, not because of righteous things we had done, but because of his mercy. He saved us through the washing of rebirth and renewal by the Holy Spirit, whom he poured out on us generously through Jesus Christ our Savior, so that, having been justified by his grace, we might become heirs having the hope of eternal life.

Thanks Synopsis.

I understand how Bot thought we were on the same page but, I may have confused him and others and I need to clarify.  I muddied the waters when I said in my first post that human beings are souls and then in my second post said they were not souls.

What I meant to say is the body is not the soul.  In other words when the body (commonly understood to be a human being but in actuality is just flesh) dies, the soul returns to God and never dies. 

I hope that clears it up.:tiphat:

GH 

• Upvote 1

29 minutes ago, Botzwana said:

Man I wish I knew how to bold stuff like you guys.  Then I could seperate your words from mine etc

Well, if your soul was immortal like mine, you would know how to do it.  We immortals have our little secrets and once you are truly born again you will have the authority and power to Bold Stuff. :lol: