Guest views are now limited to 12 pages. If you get an "Error" message, just sign in! If you need to create an account, click here.

• CRYPTO REWARDS!

Full endorsement on this opportunity - but it's limited, so get in while you can!

What we leave behind

Heavyduty053

It suddenly came back to me, I hadn't thought abut him recently, been so busy other things just over took my mind, but there he was. It is like that memories are triggered sometimes by subtle changes in your life, something you see or a thought just comes to you all of a sudden and your mind wonders back to something you have seen, a person that passed through your life or a thought like, haven't I been here before, or haven't I seen this place at some point in my dreams maybe. Its almost always is never explainable how and why this happens but it is always something good about it. I heard someone say the words, "the circle of life" and there he was again. I might have missed this life changing event had it not been for the accident I came upon that day. Also I would have never met Jack.

It was on a back road near where I live, as I came around the corner and saw the lights of emergency vehicles ahead. Off on one side of the road was an overturned car partially blocking one lane of the narrow country road. There was no going around this and now with cars behind me I was blocked both ways. Might as well sit still until they make a path. Police cars still coming up from behind me so we were locked in now. I felt uneasy just sitting there listening to my radio, so I got out and walking a little ways toward the accident. I stopped where a few people were already looking on. On person was saying, "I can't figure out how this happened, it's daylight, now if it was nighttime I could think he might have missed the curse because of the darkness". I was about to ask if the driver was injured, when suddenly a stretcher appeared from the other side. A blanket completely covered a body indicating that death had taken place. Another person said, "I hope he had his life in order". Do we ever said another person and then that question that seems out of place came out, "I wonder what he is leaving behind".

Then there was silence when that one question had thrown all of us back to reality of what we would leave behind in a tragic moment. That's when Jack spoke up. "If all you've ever accomplished in life is a collection of possessions then you leave nothing at all". Then a woman began a brief discussion about how important she thought what she had worked for all her life was worth and which child she would leave what to. then she just turned and walked back to her car. Jack just shook his head and said, "all the things here on earth is only to use until we are called from this life, they are not to become that important that it takes the place of the real importance". God gave all of us purpose and we are to use materials things accordingly. What we take and what we leave all depends on what we give. As the group of people began to disperse I stayed back for a few minutes to speak to Jack. I knew that as odd is this might be  at this moment, I knew there was a greater reason for me to be here and I can attribute this moment to a major change in my own life.

As the car was set up on its wheels again and towed away, "I told Jack it was a pleasure meeting you, I do wish it was under different circumstance, "I said. Do you live nearby?, I asked. His response struck me as odd. "Close enough that we will met again, he said". Thenhe began to walk away disappearing around the corner further down the road. We never did meet again, but every once and a while something will spur my mind to think of him. The words he said, were not foolish, they were not meaningless, they were truthful. It was because of him that I began to see life in a different light and till this day I remember that man. Those few words had a big impact on me. Could he have been placed there as a angel, I mean no one has seen him since then and I didn't see him get into any car. He just disappeared as I watched and by the way he did say that we will meet again.

Angels come and go when you least expect them but they are there in many forms. You never know when you have been in the presence one of God's holy representatives...........Have a blessed day and remember God loves you and so do I.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 5