Guest views are now limited to 12 pages. If you get an "Error" message, just sign in! If you need to create an account, click here.

• CRYPTO REWARDS!

Full endorsement on this opportunity - but it's limited, so get in while you can!

THE GATES OF HELL WILL TREMBLE

MyLadiesDaddy

As I was praying this morning these words came out of my mouth with a power and a passion that I rarely feel.

I wish to share this portion of my morning prayers with all who read these words. In hopes that I might not be the only one who feels this way. But that there are other Remnants of God who desire the same thing. This is the portion of my prayer...

Dear Lord God Almighty, I have been so afraid for most of my life at the powers of the devil. Indeed, Holy Father, this fear has quite often brought me to a standstill.

But as I draw near to you each and every day I find within myself a passion growing stronger and stronger.

How do I taste the nectar of your sweet love and not want more? How do I not come to thee o God with a passionate burning desire to have so much more of that which you have already given me?

For I know within Me Lord, if everyone could just taste a little sip of what you have given me most of them would fall on their knees and pray for more.

But I have been afraid, I have sinned against thee o God, and I am broken deep within my heart because of my sins. And in my sins I have seen Powers and principalities and spiritual wickedness in high places destroy parts of my life.

But in my humility and my meekness, as I bow down before thee seeking forgiveness and offering repentance, I find a fear working within my members bringing me to a standstill. Knowing full well your Wrath and Satan's methods, I run to you Lord as a child runs to his Daddy. 

But this drink of the Holy Spirit that thou hast given me father, is creating a well swelling up deep within me and slowly evermore beginning to boil over. And now I come before thee Lord God Almighty and I desire to give you my heart in its entirety.

There are many Souls, many people and many spirits, They want to stop me, to silence me and to attack me.

Even David the apple of thine eye, the man after that own heart, prayed and asked the to destroy his enemies.

But my Lord God, this is not what I desire deep within my heart, I do not want the destruction of my enemies.

Indeed Father, I pray for their success, not over me but their success through victory in Jesus Christ as their Lord and Savior.

It is Satan that brings these people against me, but it is a man whose heart is fully committed to Jesus Christ that will steal those souls out of the hands of Satan himself. And give those Souls to Jesus Christ.

Oh most Holy Father in Heaven above, great and marvelous and wonderful are thy ways.

I worship you, I adore you, and I bless thee Oh Lord.

The desire of my heart is that God can do anything God wants to do. All I have to do is ask thee Lord God to do it.

I am therefore asking thee Lord for The Souls of those that want to destroy me and attack me and hate me.

I pray that you would bring them to their knees to worship Jesus Christ and that you would steal their hearts out of the hands of Satan.

I pray father for the hearts and souls of all these.

Most Holy Father, I pray in the name of Jesus Christ by the power of the Holy Spirit that dwells within me that thou would well up even more in Me by Thy Holy Fire.

So that it would consume me. And thy words will be in my heart and upon my lips and in my thoughts within my head.

That the power of God himself shall show forth and everlasting Beacon within me in such Force

That the Gates of Hell itself will tremble at my presence.

I shall no more fear powers and principalities and spiritual wickedness in high places. 

I shall no more fear the Demonic forces of this world, nor shall I even fear Satan himself.

For I am a child of the most high God, filled with the power of the most high God burning deep within my soul.

I pray that the Gates of Hell will tremble at the very thought of my presence.

I pray that the powers and principalities and the spiritual wickedness in every place will tremble at my presence because of the fullness

of the Spirit of God that consumes me with his burning and everlasting fire. 

By the Grace of God Himself, I will no longer live in fear of anything. I will live in the Power of the Creator of Heaven and Earth.

In the name of Jesus Christ my Lord and Savior I give all glory and praise and honor to my Father which is in heaven

because thou hast loved me when I was unlovable.

AMEN

• Upvote 1

Most Holy and precious Father,

I pray that thou wouldst forgive us our sins and grant us thy longsuffering and enduring Mercies.

I ask thee Lord God that thou wouldst show kindness and safety to those that have suffered in the storms.

And that thou wouldst pour out thy Holy Spirit upon them in there time of sorrow. 

We seek thy Holy Kingdom, that we may obtain these things of thee.

I pray, Father, that all these words will pour forth to the readers with the fullness and conviction and understanding of thy most 

Precious Holy Spirit. 

Let the readers of all these words see what it is that thou wishes them to see,

that they might understand the fullness of thy Holy Word,

And the wondrous Glory found in you.

As thou hast shown me the beautiful colors of thy Kingdom

I ask thee Most Gracious Father to show in the Holy Spirit that flows through thy word 

all these that read and desire to see. 

Thou Art my Father

Born of the Holy Virgin Mary

Suffered and died under Pilot

Raised again by Thy Mighty Power in the Holy Spirit.

I will praise Thee all the remaining days of my life.

And I will fear no more, for surely thou art with me. 

I beg thee, Most Loving Father 

That thou wouldst take these souls out of the hands of the evil one

and place them, in Thy Power, in the hands of Thy Only Begotten Son

JESUS CHRIST.

Let not Thy wrath fall upon them but pour out your tender mercies and let wisdom abound.

In the name of Thy most Precious Son 

JESUS CHRIST

AMEN

• Upvote 3

• 3 weeks later...

Matthew 16:13-18

13 When Jesus came into the coasts of Caesarea Philippi, he asked his disciples, saying, Whom do men say that I the Son of man am? 

14 And they said, Some say that thou art John the Baptist: some, Elias; and others, Jeremias, or one of the prophets. 

15 He saith unto them, But whom say ye that I am? 

16 And Simon Peter answered and said,

Thou art the Christ, the Son of the living God. 

17 And Jesus answered and said unto him, Blessed art thou, Simon Barjona:

for flesh and blood hath not revealed it unto thee, but my Father which is in heaven.

18 And I say also unto thee, That thou art Peter, and upon this rock I will build my church;

and the gates of hell shall not prevail against it

• Upvote 2

Some interesting history/details about this subject called "hell"... and how

it has affected its adherents.

if one were to go back and study ancient myths, they would see how "hell" came about

long before christianity reintroduced it. All cultures have had some form of this myth as

well as many different religions/beliefs.

The actual word in hebrew that was used is "sheol", and in greek it is "hades", or "gehenna", or

"tartaros", coming from Greek mythology. The word used by translators is often derived from their

own bias, a place called "hell" which was borrowed from the Norse goddess name of "Hel".

Interestingly, The word tartaros (The verb tartaroo, from the noun tartaros, means "cast into tartaros.") comes

from Greek Mythology and was a deep abyss and a place of torment where the Greek gods banished their

enemies. The use of this word in the New Testament is a clear case of a Greek influence on the New Testament text.

This mythology has been used for thousands of years to instill fear and dread into the hearts of

various religious followers, to this day. The idea is completely contrary to true justice, which always seeks

correction and restoration rather than the myth of a place of fire and endless torment adopted by

some very twisted minds.

If one is not fearful of researching origins of various religious myths, there

are some excellent resources that go back to all the familiar gods and goddesses through history,

and detail how religions have borrowed from them, such as Horus, Buddha, Mithra, etc., and how

various cultures reacted to these stories as well as added to them according to the traditions of

their families and cultures. They included ideas such as "gods" being born on December 25,

similar events such as we can read in the bible, etc. There is nothing new under the sun...

Very similar stories, phrases, subjects to the point that it can not be ignored. Everyone chooses their beliefs,

usually based upon tradition, culture, etc. if we were born in a different culture and religion, that is what

most would follow without question, it is just how it works. ALL believe their religion is the "only true" way and many

have been killed or harmed by those various beliefs and forcing them upon the unwilling, with the old

threat of "convert or die". History is ripe with this sad state of affairs.

I have known some folks who were ruined because of the fear they were taught about these myths, "hell" being one that

has been at the root of many religious related suicides and ritual abuse and murder such as the justification to

kill another based upon their refusal to convert, or based upon the fear that a person was a 'devil' and needed to be

burned, etc. Each year, many harm themselves by cutting their own flesh in an attempt to gain favor of their god and

avoid judgment/punishment, etc.

It is often cited as the main reason for some to express the reason as to why they follow a certain religion or god, because they were

terrified of this teaching. Often their choice was not based upon a loving creator figure, but rather a loving creator figure that threatened them with

endless torture if they did not submit and "do what he said". This is not "love", it is bondage. This is not how a loving father or mother

would ever treat their child, but it IS how mythology would because there are literally thousands of gods and goddesses

and the competition between them demanded some manner of struggle and place of torture when one would defeat the other.

Classic mind control but such a very fragile subject, that most dare not look too deep into it due to their own

learned religious superstitions. This is one of the most volatile and divisive religious subjects with some defending it

and using it as a tool to get "conversions" or just to threaten anyone who does not submit to its teachings.

Books such as "Dante's inferno" told about many of these myths, some believing the book to be "true" while

others understood it for what it was.

You can read more about the various versions of cultures here:

http://www.mythencyclopedia.com/Go-Hi/Hell.html

• Upvote 1

37 minutes ago, Jim1cor13 said:

This mythology has been used for thousands of years to instill fear and dread into the hearts of

various religious followers, to this day. The idea is completely contrary to true justice, which always seeks

correction and restoration rather than the myth of a place of fire and endless torment adopted by

some very twisted minds.

Matthew 25:31-46 New International Version (NIV)

The Sheep and the Goats

31 “When the Son of Man comes in his glory, and all the angels with him, he will sit on his glorious throne. 32 All the nations will be gathered before him, and he will separate the people one from another as a shepherd separates the sheep from the goats. 33 He will put the sheep on his right and the goats on his left.

34 “Then the King will say to those on his right, ‘Come, you who are blessed by my Father; take your inheritance, the kingdom prepared for you since the creation of the world. 35 For I was hungry and you gave me something to eat, I was thirsty and you gave me something to drink, I was a stranger and you invited me in, 36 I needed clothes and you clothed me, I was sick and you looked after me, I was in prison and you came to visit me.’

37 “Then the righteous will answer him, ‘Lord, when did we see you hungry and feed you, or thirsty and give you something to drink?38 When did we see you a stranger and invite you in, or needing clothes and clothe you? 39 When did we see you sick or in prison and go to visit you?’

40 “The King will reply, ‘Truly I tell you, whatever you did for one of the least of these brothers and sisters of mine, you did for me.’

41 “Then he will say to those on his left, ‘Depart from me, you who are cursed, into the eternal fire prepared for the devil and his angels. 42 For I was hungry and you gave me nothing to eat, I was thirsty and you gave me nothing to drink, 43 I was a stranger and you did not invite me in, I needed clothes and you did not clothe me, I was sick and in prison and you did not look after me.’

44 “They also will answer, ‘Lord, when did we see you hungry or thirsty or a stranger or needing clothes or sick or in prison, and did not help you?’

45 “He will reply, ‘Truly I tell you, whatever you did not do for one of the least of these, you did not do for me.’

46 “Then they will go away to eternal punishment, but the righteous to eternal life.”

New International Version (NIV)

Holy Bible, New International Version®, NIV® Copyright ©1973, 1978, 1984, 2011 by Biblica, Inc.® Used by permission. All rights reserved worldwide.

Jesus Christ made specific reference to a place like Hell here.

So, was Jesus Christ promoting a myth? Also, does Jesus Christ have a twisted mind?

I firmly and emphatically say, "NO" to both these questions. Quite the contrary really.

Hebrews 10:26-39New International Version (NIV)

26 If we deliberately keep on sinning after we have received the knowledge of the truth, no sacrifice for sins is left, 27 but only a fearful expectation of judgment and of raging fire that will consume the enemies of God. 28 Anyone who rejected the law of Moses died without mercy on the testimony of two or three witnesses. 29 How much more severely do you think someone deserves to be punished who has trampled the Son of God underfoot, who has treated as an unholy thing the blood of the covenant that sanctified them, and who has insulted the Spirit of grace? 30 For we know him who said, “It is mine to avenge; I will repay,”[a] and again, “The Lord will judge his people.”[b] 31 It is a dreadful thing to fall into the hands of the living God.

32 Remember those earlier days after you had received the light, when you endured in a great conflict full of suffering. 33 Sometimes you were publicly exposed to insult and persecution; at other times you stood side by side with those who were so treated. 34 You suffered along with those in prison and joyfully accepted the confiscation of your property, because you knew that you yourselves had better and lasting possessions. 35 So do not throw away your confidence; it will be richly rewarded.

36 You need to persevere so that when you have done the will of God, you will receive what he has promised. 37 For,

“In just a little while,
    he who is coming will come
    and will not delay.”[c]

38 And,

“But my righteous[d] one will live by faith.
    And I take no pleasure
    in the one who shrinks back.”[e]

39 But we do not belong to those who shrink back and are destroyed, but to those who have faith and are saved.

Footnotes:

1. Hebrews 10:30 Deut. 32:35
  2. Hebrews 10:30 Deut. 32:36; Psalm 135:14
  3. Hebrews 10:37 Isaiah 26:20; Hab. 2:3
  4. Hebrews 10:38 Some early manuscripts But the righteous
  5. Hebrews 10:38 Hab. 2:4 (see Septuagint)

Holy Bible, New International Version®, NIV® Copyright ©1973, 1978, 1984, 2011 by Biblica, Inc.® Used by permission. All rights reserved worldwide.

• Like 1

32 minutes ago, Botzwana said:

Synopsis,  You list two scriptures there.  Neither of which say souls can burn.  One says eternal fire.   The Hebrews one says it consumes the enemies of God.  If I consume an apple...WHERE does the apple go?  Is it still an apple after being consumed?  No.  Fire is a metaphor.  When a fire burns a piece of paper....it consumes it.  The paper does not burn forever does it?  So when Jesus says you will be cast in the fire.  It simply means one will be killed.  Consumed.  End of story.

Maybe help me out, here. I don't think I made any references to "souls can burn" and I am not sure references have been made to "souls can burn".

I suspect the word "consume" is more like "to engage fully" or "engross".

https://www.merriam-webster.com/dictionary/consume

Definition of consume

consumed; consuming
transitive verb
1:to do away with completely :destroy 
  • Fire consumed several buildings.
2a :to spend wastefully :squander 
  • consumed his inheritance on luxuries
b :use up 
  • Writing consumed much of his time.
3a :to eat or drink especially in great quantity 
  • consumed several bags of pretzels
b :to enjoy avidly :devour
  • … mysteries, which she consumes for fun …
  •  —Eden Ross Lipson
4:to engage fully :engross 
  • consumed with curiosity
5:to utilize as a customer 
  • consume goods and services
intransitive verb
1:to waste or burn away :perish
2:to utilize economic goods

Here is are other related references:

Revelation 14:6-13 New International Version (NIV)

The Three Angels

Then I saw another angel flying in midair, and he had the eternal gospel to proclaim to those who live on the earth—to every nation, tribe, language and people. He said in a loud voice, “Fear God and give him glory, because the hour of his judgment has come. Worship him who made the heavens, the earth, the sea and the springs of water.”

A second angel followed and said, “‘Fallen! Fallen is Babylon the Great,’[a] which made all the nations drink the maddening wine of her adulteries.”

A third angel followed them and said in a loud voice: “If anyone worships the beast and its image and receives its mark on their foreheador on their hand, 10 they, too, will drink the wine of God’s fury, which has been poured full strength into the cup of his wrath. They will be tormented with burning sulfur in the presence of the holy angels and of the Lamb. 11 And the smoke of their torment will rise for ever and ever.There will be no rest day or night for those who worship the beast and its image, or for anyone who receives the mark of its name.” 12 This calls for patient endurance on the part of the people of God who keep his commands and remain faithful to Jesus.

13 Then I heard a voice from heaven say, “Write this: Blessed are the dead who die in the Lord from now on.”

“Yes,” says the Spirit, “they will rest from their labor, for their deeds will follow them.”

Footnotes:

1. Revelation 14:8 Isaiah 21:9

In the reference above, "the smoke of their torment will rise for ever and ever" appears to suggest the soul will endure in this tormented condition endlessly.

Revelation 20:11-15 New International Version (NIV)

The Judgment of the Dead

11 Then I saw a great white throne and him who was seated on it. The earth and the heavens fled from his presence, and there was no place for them. 12 And I saw the dead, great and small, standing before the throne, and books were opened. Another book was opened, which is the book of life. The dead were judged according to what they had done as recorded in the books. 13 The sea gave up the dead that were in it, and death and Hades gave up the dead that were in them, and each person was judged according to what they had done. 14 Then death and Hades were thrown into the lake of fire. The lake of fire is the second death.15 Anyone whose name was not found written in the book of life was thrown into the lake of fire.

Mark 9:42-50 New International Version (NIV)

Causing to Stumble

42 “If anyone causes one of these little ones—those who believe in me—to stumble, it would be better for them if a large millstone were hung around their neck and they were thrown into the sea. 43 If your hand causes you to stumble, cut it off. It is better for you to enter life maimed than with two hands to go into hell, where the fire never goes out. [44] [a]45 And if your foot causes you to stumble, cut it off. It is better for you to enter life crippled than to have two feet and be thrown into hell. [46] [b]47 And if your eye causes you to stumble, pluck it out. It is better for you to enter the kingdom of God with one eye than to have two eyes and be thrown into hell, 48 where

“‘the worms that eat them do not die,
    and the fire is not quenched.’[c]

49 Everyone will be salted with fire.

50 “Salt is good, but if it loses its saltiness, how can you make it salty again? Have salt among yourselves, and be at peace with each other.”

Footnotes:

1. Mark 9:44 Some manuscripts include here the words of verse 48.
  2. Mark 9:46 Some manuscripts include here the words of verse 48.
  3. Mark 9:48 Isaiah 66:24

Isaiah 66:23-24New International Version (NIV)

23 From one New Moon to another and from one Sabbath to another, all mankind will come and bow down before me,” says the Lord. 24 “And they will go out and look on the dead bodies of those who rebelled against me; the worms that eat them will not die, the fire that burns them will not be quenched, and they will be loathsome to all mankind.”

• Like 1

YOu are just making assumption now.  You don't know and the interpretation is on your own.  We will not know until we get there.  To me the description of hell is not pretty. What ever it is, I would not even think about it because suffering for eternity is beyond my wildest imagination. lol

• Upvote 1

4 hours ago, Botzwana said:

Synopsis,  I am presuming that you think Hades is hell AND the lake of fire is hell.  Am I correct?  If so, then HOW do you throw hell into hell?  How do you throw DEATH into the lake of fire or hell?  Do you get that they just MIGHT be symbols for something else?  WHY throw hell into hell?  What is the reasoning for it?

WHY do the worms not die?  If everything burns up in hell why not worms?  COULD it possibly be that Hades means the grave?  What do you have in the Earth or in graves?  WORMS.  Could fire be a metaphor stating that the enemies of God will be burned up?  Consumed?  Otherwise NOT coming back meaning NOT alive?

IF God is a God of love...IS it loving to burn someone for all eternity?  Would you do that to your child?  Of course not.  If God is a god of justice...Is it justice for a person to sin for say...30 years on Earth to suffer eternal torments for all eternity?  The scales of justice would be WAY off?  Heck in our own system of government even if a person is like Hitler we do NOT torture them!  Even for an hour!  How can you think a LOVING God could do this is beyond me.   Do you know what kind of God you describe with burning people in hell for etenity?  Satan.  He does stuff like this.  Not Jehovah God.

Proverbs 3:5-6 New International Version (NIV)

Trust in the Lord with all your heart
    and lean not on your own understanding;
in all your ways submit to him,
    and he will make your paths straight.[a]

Footnotes:

1. Proverbs 3:6 Or will direct your paths

Proverbs 30:5-6 New International Version (NIV)

“Every word of God is flawless;
    he is a shield to those who take refuge in him.
Do not add to his words,
    or he will rebuke you and prove you a liar.

James 1:5-8 New International Version (NIV)

If any of you lacks wisdom, you should ask God, who gives generously to all without finding fault, and it will be given to you. But when you ask, you must believe and not doubt, because the one who doubts is like a wave of the sea, blown and tossed by the wind. That person should not expect to receive anything from the Lord. Such a person is double-minded and unstable in all they do.

John 14:15-31 New International Version (NIV)

Jesus Promises the Holy Spirit

15 “If you love me, keep my commands. 16 And I will ask the Father, and he will give you another advocate to help you and be with you forever—17 the Spirit of truth. The world cannot accept him, because it neither sees him nor knows him. But you know him, for he lives with you and will be[a] in you. 18 I will not leave you as orphans; I will come to you.19 Before long, the world will not see me anymore, but you will see me.Because I live, you also will live. 20 On that day you will realize that I am in my Father, and you are in me, and I am in you. 21 Whoever has my commands and keeps them is the one who loves me. The one who loves me will be loved by my Father, and I too will love them and show myself to them.”

22 Then Judas (not Judas Iscariot) said, “But, Lord, why do you intend to show yourself to us and not to the world?”

23 Jesus replied, “Anyone who loves me will obey my teaching. My Father will love them, and we will come to them and make our home with them. 24 Anyone who does not love me will not obey my teaching. These words you hear are not my own; they belong to the Father who sent me.

25 “All this I have spoken while still with you. 26 But the Advocate, the Holy Spirit, whom the Father will send in my name, will teach you all things and will remind you of everything I have said to you. 2Peace I leave with you; my peace I give you. I do not give to you as the world gives. Do not let your hearts be troubled and do not be afraid.

28 “You heard me say, ‘I am going away and I am coming back to you.’ If you loved me, you would be glad that I am going to the Father, for the Father is greater than I. 29 I have told you now before it happens, so that when it does happen you will believe. 30 I will not say much more to you, for the prince of this world is coming. He has no hold over me, 31 but he comes so that the world may learn that I love the Father and do exactly what my Father has commanded me.

“Come now; let us leave.

Footnotes:

1. John 14:17 Some early manuscripts and is

Isaiah 26:3-4New International Version (NIV)

You will keep in perfect peace
    those whose minds are steadfast,
    because they trust in you.
Trust in the Lord forever,
    for the Lord, the Lord himself, is the Rock eternal.

What I intentionally do is provide these passages for the most part for them to speak for themselves. The foremost and best thing is to reference the scriptures themselves.

So, it is best not to ask me but ask God himself.

What I will say about myself is:

God is not limited by man's intellect. Nor is God subject to the devices or constraints of man's reason. And, God is absolutely not bound to the promptings and or practices of man.

2 Peter 1:19-21New International Version (NIV)

19 We also have the prophetic message as something completely reliable,and you will do well to pay attention to it, as to a light shining in a dark place, until the day dawns and the morning star rises in your hearts.20 Above all, you must understand that no prophecy of Scripture came about by the prophet’s own interpretation of things. 21 For prophecy never had its origin in the human will, but prophets, though human, spoke from God as they were carried along by the Holy Spirit.

For me, a prolific trail of questions has no merit in comparison to relying on and trusting in what is written in the Bible. I understand accurate translations must be used while comparison of independent translations gives a better understanding of the particular portion in the Bible of interest.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

The Lord Bless you Mark.

Because all the excuses in the world won't mean a damn thing to God on the Day of Judgment.

All the humanistic, flights of fancy designed to explain away the Truth of God and His Righteousness will burn as stubble. 

And to all that read these words I say this,

Every knee shall bend,

Every tongue will confess

That Jesus Christ is,

KING OF KINGS

AND 

LORD OF LORDS.

You can do it now to

Glory and Salvation

or 

You can do it on the 

Day of Judgement 

to damnation and hellfire.

BUT MAKE NO MISTAKE

YOU WILL DO IT. 

• Upvote 1

More useless diatribe from the witless. 

Ya know Bot I am amazed at how you have managed to even get the Laodiceans to come to my defence. 

And your reading comprehension skills have not improved, you need to reread this entire thread. 

ESPECIALLY MY POST THAT WERE DIRECTED TO YOU.  

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, Botzwana said:

So that is your answer Synopsis?  Instead of using reasoning you just copy and paste a bunch of scriptures that have nothing to do with the topic at hand which is hell....It is weird because about Dinar you can have an intelligent conversation.

Botzwana, I am not going to accept to having to present a view outside of the Scriptures themselves. The Holy Spirit Of God is the source of Truth NOW to each person. No sense with debating me on this or other issues since I have already presented the Scriptures in this and other threads. The Holy Spirit does not need me at all to be an expert intellectual body (or mind) guard (like HE would need me in any regard, pfft) since the Holy Spirit is perfectly capable of revealing Truth to any pointing directly to Jesus Christ as the only source of Eternal Salvation.

To be honest, it is completely stupid to ask, "How could a Loving God allow some one to be tormented for eternity in Hell?" Like God is really the one who is rejecting the individual - it is the individual rejecting God. So, the individual then only has one choice having rejected Jesus Christ as their sole source of salvation resulting in eternal separation from God. I know You like man's corrupted intellect instead but I'll quote it (again) anyway:

Hebrews 10:26-39 New International Version (NIV)

26 If we deliberately keep on sinning after we have received the knowledge of the truth, no sacrifice for sins is left, 27 but only a fearful expectation of judgment and of raging fire that will consume the enemies of God. 28 Anyone who rejected the law of Moses died without mercy on the testimony of two or three witnesses. 29 How much more severely do you think someone deserves to be punished who has trampled the Son of God underfoot, who has treated as an unholy thing the blood of the covenant that sanctified them, and who has insulted the Spirit of grace? 30 For we know him who said, “It is mine to avenge; I will repay,”[a] and again, “The Lord will judge his people.”[b] 31 It is a dreadful thing to fall into the hands of the living God.

32 Remember those earlier days after you had received the light, when you endured in a great conflict full of suffering. 33 Sometimes you were publicly exposed to insult and persecution; at other times you stood side by side with those who were so treated. 34 You suffered along with those in prison and joyfully accepted the confiscation of your property, because you knew that you yourselves had better and lasting possessions. 35 So do not throw away your confidence; it will be richly rewarded.

36 You need to persevere so that when you have done the will of God, you will receive what he has promised. 37 For,

“In just a little while,
    he who is coming will come
    and will not delay.”[c]

38 And,

“But my righteous[d] one will live by faith.
    And I take no pleasure
    in the one who shrinks back.”[e]

39 But we do not belong to those who shrink back and are destroyed, but to those who have faith and are saved.

Footnotes:

1. Hebrews 10:30 Deut. 32:35
  2. Hebrews 10:30 Deut. 32:36; Psalm 135:14
  3. Hebrews 10:37 Isaiah 26:20; Hab. 2:3
  4. Hebrews 10:38 Some early manuscripts But the righteous
  5. Hebrews 10:38 Hab. 2:4 (see Septuagint)

I have mulled Your posts over many times trying to figure out what is going on with You. A conclusion I have come to that I am more compelled to believe is God is really calling You to the Truth in Jesus Christ. Man's intellect will not get You (or me or anyone else for that matter) there. It is solely based on trustingly receiving this gift of eternal life in Jesus Christ. I am inclined to believe You are so prolific in Your contrary posts to what scripture is presented because You are resisting HIS real Love for You and HE is indeed calling You to HIMSELF. Let me make it clear here. I am not inviting You to believe what I believe. I am emphatically imploring You to respond to the Holy Spirit for HIS TRUTH.

I appreciate the two videos MarkInSA has posted. Provided the man giving the testimony is actually giving true testimony, I believe what he viewed and somewhat experienced is an accurate depiction of Hell and I can not find anything the man said that contradicts Scripture.

I will say (as I have mentioned something like this before), "The eternal attributes of God and HIS TRUTH are not revealed in the opposing intellect of men under contest."

I have also said:

God is not limited by man's intellect. Nor is God subject to the devices or constraints of man's reason. And, God is absolutely not bound to the promptings or practices of man.

I'll be honest, the video You posted, to me, is plain trash. I am reminded of the serpent interacting with Eve in the Garden of Eden:

Genesis 3:1-7New International Version (NIV)

The Fall

Now the serpent was more crafty than any of the wild animals the Lord God had made. He said to the woman, “Did God really say, ‘You must not eat from any tree in the garden’?”

The woman said to the serpent, “We may eat fruit from the trees in the garden, but God did say, ‘You must not eat fruit from the tree that is in the middle of the garden, and you must not touch it, or you will die.’”

“You will not certainly die,” the serpent said to the woman. “For God knows that when you eat from it your eyes will be opened, and you will be like God, knowing good and evil.”

When the woman saw that the fruit of the tree was good for food and pleasing to the eye, and also desirable for gaining wisdom, she took some and ate it. She also gave some to her husband, who was with her, and he ate it. Then the eyes of both of them were opened, and they realized they were naked; so they sewed fig leaves together and made coverings for themselves.

The intellect of man (represented by Eve in this case) turned man away from God because of man's rejection of God was intended to be (according to man) on the same par as God. The questioning of God's eternal attributes is the exact same deception Satan and his minions exercise today with people. Addressing, utilizing, and acting on Scripture is the sole means for routing deception since HIS word is the only TRUTH.

I have also said before that I have abandoned intellect. Genesis 3:1-6 is a very contributing and compelling reason why I have abandoned intellect. I have placed my trust solely on the shed blood of Jesus Christ for the remission of my sin knowing Jesus Christ suffered and died for me on the cross then rose again and is now seated at the right hand of God The Father.

So, to have an intellectual conversation with me in this matter with the purpose of revealing God and HIS TRUTH is not feasible for me because I know without a doubt I can only know HIM by trusting HIM.

I know this disappoints You. I have stated in other threads the scriptural reasons why I don't argue (debate).

Edited by Synopsis
  • Like 1
  • Upvote 2

Just now, Botzwana said:

Reasonably, hell does not exist.  It does not exist in scripture either.

I really can not provide any basis for eternal separation from God other than what is stated in the Scriptures. My opinion is Scripture is very clear on what the eternal separation from God is about and I shared what I believed to be relevant.

Like I alluded to earlier - the Holy Spirit is perfectly capable and has made and is actively making known TRUTH to man. I absolutely do not want in anyway to add or subtract from what the Holy Spirit is and does or misrepresent the Holy Spirit.

1 Peter 1:10-12 New International Version (NIV)

10 Concerning this salvation, the prophets, who spoke of the grace that was to come to you, searched intently and with the greatest care,11 trying to find out the time and circumstances to which the Spirit of Christ in them was pointing when he predicted the sufferings of the Messiah and the glories that would follow. 12 It was revealed to them that they were not serving themselves but you, when they spoke of the things that have now been told you by those who have preached the gospel to you by the Holy Spirit sent from heaven. Even angels long to look into these things.

Here again is something I posted earlier:

8 hours ago, Synopsis said:

2 Peter 1:19-21New International Version (NIV)

19 We also have the prophetic message as something completely reliable,and you will do well to pay attention to it, as to a light shining in a dark place, until the day dawns and the morning star rises in your hearts.20 Above all, you must understand that no prophecy of Scripture came about by the prophet’s own interpretation of things. 21 For prophecy never had its origin in the human will, but prophets, though human, spoke from God as they were carried along by the Holy Spirit.

56 minutes ago, Botzwana said:

Yes Synopsis, those scriptures are nice.  But do not address if there is an eternal torment in a fiery pit called hell now do they?  Yes preaching the gospel is great.  Why do you continue to post scriptures that are off topic though?

OK, I have clearly stated the basis for my understanding of what eternal separation from God is all about from scripture - not mythology or man's reasoning.

Off topic though? Really? OK, I am probably notorious for high jacking other threads but I am completely unaware I have gone anywhere off topic on this thread.

Either You intend to completely over look what I have clearly presented or You are suffering from cognitive dissonance. I am not trying to insult You in anyway but I do not know how to proceed in this discussion and I will not argue with You or rely on my intellect since I believe it is only the Holy Spirit that reveals TRUTH to any man and mankind in general.

I humbly ask You, Botzwana, to give pause to the following (unless You do not want to consider Scripture):

2 Corinthians 3:12-18New International Version (NIV)

12 Therefore, since we have such a hope, we are very bold. 13 We are not like Moses, who would put a veil over his face to prevent the Israelites from seeing the end of what was passing away. 14 But their minds were made dull, for to this day the same veil remains when the old covenant is read. It has not been removed, because only in Christ is it taken away.15 Even to this day when Moses is read, a veil covers their hearts. 1But whenever anyone turns to the Lord, the veil is taken away. 17 Now the Lord is the Spirit, and where the Spirit of the Lord is, there is freedom.18 And we all, who with unveiled faces contemplate[a] the Lord’s glory, are being transformed into his image with ever-increasing glory, which comes from the Lord, who is the Spirit.

Footnotes:

1. 2 Corinthians 3:18 Or reflect

Present Weakness and Resurrection Life

Therefore, since through God’s mercy we have this ministry, we do not lose heart. Rather, we have renounced secret and shameful ways;we do not use deception, nor do we distort the word of God. On the contrary, by setting forth the truth plainly we commend ourselves to everyone’s conscience in the sight of God. 3 And even if our gospel is veiled, it is veiled to those who are perishing. The god of this age has blinded the minds of unbelievers, so that they cannot see the light of the gospel that displays the glory of Christ, who is the image of God. For what we preach is not ourselves, but Jesus Christ as Lord, and ourselves as your servants for Jesus’ sake. For God, who said, “Let light shine out of darkness,”[a] made his light shine in our hearts to give us the light of the knowledge of God’s glory displayed in the face of Christ.

Footnotes:

1. 2 Corinthians 4:6 Gen. 1:3

3 hours ago, Botzwana said:

Hey Markinsa,  I called LGD crazy some time ago for well...acting crazy I thought, and I get a warning.  He has now called me a pig, a dog, and now above that I have no wits.  A witless.  Let me know when he will get a warning or he never will because LGD is friends with the mods here?  Tell me how it is please.

On 12/10/2009 at 7:07 AM, Adam Montana said:

If you have a problem with a moderator’s decisions, don’t bring it up in the chat or open forum. This is Adam Montana’s web site, if you don’t like the way the moderators run it feel free to PM him with your complaints.

You don't bring this up in the open forum, you report it it you have a problem.  Do it again and you'll get more than a warning.  One other thing, LGD was handled way back when you got your warning, so don't assume nothing happened just because we didn't tell you about it.  We don't advertise how we handle other members.  Don't reply to this, just follow the forum rules.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 2

1 hour ago, Botzwana said:

But it is ok if you don´t want to talk about it.  I watched Markinsa video of some guy named Bill.  He supposes alot in it.  Heaven is light according to the bible so um, hell is dark.  He offered no scriptural support system">support for his theories.  Everything was if God is this then this is this.  Like if eggs are a week old then therefore that leads to fecal urgency...He didn´t actually give any support system">support for WHY he believes in hell.  He just said it exists so there.

What Bill said makes alot of sense.  You are asking how could a loving God send someone to be in eternal torment.  His answer in the Video about the properties of hell seem to me to answer that question.  People choose to reject Jesus Christ as their Lord and Savior.  God is not going to force someone to be with him, who clearly doesn't want to be with him.  So Hell, is everything God isn't.

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 1

7 hours ago, Botzwana said:

Hey Markinsa,  I called LGD crazy some time ago for well...acting crazy I thought, and I get a warning.  He has now called me a pig, a dog, and now above that I have no wits.  A witless.  Let me know when he will get a warning or he never will because LGD is friends with the mods here?  Tell me how it is please.

As Mark has already told you we don't talk about this in the open forums, but I must clarify one thing if I may. I got much more than a warning the last time you and your cohorts prodded me into saying something stupid. That will not happen again.

You keep saying that I am  calling you names yet for the most part my responses to you are simply to quote scripture so I suggest that you take your feelings about that to the Holy Spirit. 

I did NOT call you, "witless", I have insinuated that the false religion called, "Jehovah Witness", is WITLESS. 

You really should work on your reading comprehension skills.    

You tell Synopsis that, "So long as LGD keeps making interesting Bible topics I am here to reason with anyone about them".

And then you feign ignorance and insulted when you're prodding doesn't get the desired result. 

You fool no one. You reignite two threads that I started almost 3 weeks ago and you pretend that you are searching for answers to your questions. When it is clear from ALL YOUR POST that what you are really looking for is attention. 

The very thing that you accuse me of. You need to understand that I mean you no harm and that I will not ever fall victim to saying something that I should not say again. I promised that to a dear friend. Which is why I reply to you mostly with the scriptures.   

6 hours ago, Botzwana said:

I know you crave the stage of being some kind of ultra bible person here by posting large font etc.  But can´t you just talk instead of insult me?

I had to point this out because in your hatred of me you have the wrong idea of why I post the way that I do. And I must attempt to clarify for you the truth.

Demonically possessed peoples that God has, "turned over unto a reprobate mind", have usurped the rainbow as their avatar. I'm referring to homosexuals.   But Heaven is the location of the REAL RAINBOW. I know for a fact of the Holy Spirit that the colors there are beyond anyone's imagination. And thus as someone who relates to St. Nicholas aka Santa Clause I choose to use the rainbow for God TO MAKE MY POINT.

I further choose to use BIGGER FONTS to assist people whose reading comprehension skills might be lacking in order to help them to understand my point.

Again I mean you no harm, though you must understand that what you are really attempting to do here has not gone unnoticed. And that it is clear that you are not just, "asking questions". That can be seen in that you reject vehemently anything that anyone states. As much as you reject Jesus Christ as the Son of God.  

May I suggest once again that since you despise me so much and seek to trip me up into getting me banned , that you simply put me on ignore.

Thus you won't have to be subjected to my, "ultra bible", personality here. :tiphat:

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 1

42 minutes ago, Botzwana said:

You brought up the subject of hell so let´s talk about it.

I'm so sorry, but I cannot continue a conversation with anyone who so blatantly rejects the deity of Jesus Christ. And I don't believe your stated motives.

Hopefully, Synopsis or others will debate with you. Have a Beautiful day.

• Upvote 1

On ‎9‎/‎30‎/‎2017 at 1:33 PM, Jim1cor13 said:

long before christianity reintroduced it

That could be said for most everything in the bible and what people believe... The stories used by Christians can be traced back through many earlier cultures. From Adam and Eve to the flood and many more stories have been found in very early history... As always Jim, great info.

B/A

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 2

9 hours ago, Botzwana said:

But he did not prove it by the bible itself.  Just because the Bible says fire for instance...does not mean a fire that is eternal and that souls can burn.  The fire is a metaphor.  It is not a REAL fire.  Again, what was the punishment for Adam and Eve?  I notice no one wants to answer that.  Did God say hell?  Did God say a seperation?  No, he said death.  

Oh boy welcome to the club, you are about to see the double standard.... These God fearing people go on attack when you state your opinion.... It's all good with them until you disagree or make a point they don't like, then they attack like a pack of dogs.... Dogs of Hell!!! LOL

B/A

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 3

12 minutes ago, bostonangler said:

Oh boy welcome to the club, you are about to see the double standard.... These God fearing people go on attack when you state your opinion.... It's all good with them until you disagree or make a point they don't like, then they attack like a pack of dogs.... Dogs of Hell!!! LOL

B/A

Seems you are living by a double standard here BA.....Yes you state your opinion.....which I am fine with.......but alluding to those who are expressing their ideals on their faith........as...

"a pack of dogs.... Dogs of Hell!!! LOL"

Seems as though you are trolling for a response......really no need for that kind of activity from you......

If it was my site.....posts like this would get you suspended or banned......

Enjoy your day.......

• Like 1
  • Upvote 5
  • Downvote 1

1 minute ago, coorslite21 said:

Seems you are living by a double standard here BA.....Yes you state your opinion.....which I am fine with.......but alluding to those who are expressing their ideals on their faith........as...

"a pack of dogs.... Dogs of Hell!!! LOL"

Seems as though you are trolling for a response......really no need for that kind of activity from you......

If it was my site.....posts like this would get you suspended or banned......

Enjoy your day.......

Ditto ! :butt-kicking:

• Upvote 5
  • Downvote 1