Guest views are now limited to 12 pages. If you get an "Error" message, just sign in! If you need to create an account, click here.

• CRYPTO REWARDS!

Full endorsement on this opportunity - but it's limited, so get in while you can!

These are the new customs controls for the introduction and removal of funds across the Iraqi border

fnbplanet

On 9/3/2017 at 2:42 PM, WaitIsOver said:

observation:  Assadi must be on that afgani good SH!T> !! just thinking...If its appr 3,000 miles from CA to NY how the heck does the city hawija consist of 3,500 square miles....just a simple question. is he a looney or is it a typo...lol who knows

Waitisover that's an area 70 miles long and 50 miles wide. What so hard to believe about that?

On ‎9‎/‎2‎/‎2017 at 9:13 PM, Floridian said:

If the article is true, then 5 cents is the rate.  You don't see it?  Or you don't want to see it?

If you don't want to see it, I understand because I don't really want to see it either.  

Been away for most of the long week end here in Canada. Were did this .05 per dinar come from ? Sorry as I see the thread is long and I just don't see anything, also CBI and xe don't appear to have changed.

pp

On 8/29/2017 at 9:15 PM, fnbplanet said:

The entry and exit of the Iraqi currency shall be limited to and from Iraq, except to the permitted limits of (200000) two hundred thousand Iraqi Dinars.

Hi PokerPlayer!

Check this part out from the article at the beginning of this thread. The same article states only 10,000 USD can be carried so:

10,000 USD is implied to be equal to 200,000 USD or 1 USD equals 20 IQD or, inversely, 1 IQD = 0.05 USD.

The Best Of Your Day To You, PokerPlayer! :tiphat:

Go Moola Nova!

:pirateship:

• Upvote 2

On September 4, 2017 at 1:37 PM, 3n1 said:

they do share a port .... we could be clamoring and running over the same ground this time next year or a change overnight could occur with zero fanfare ... we wait cheers

I leaning on the later. Low key and then Bang.  I can not see them telling everyone the date or a ballpark rate. 

• Upvote 3

20 minutes ago, Synopsis said:

Hi PokerPlayer!

Check this part out from the article at the beginning of this thread. The same article states only 10,000 USD can be carried so:

10,000 USD is implied to be equal to 200,000 USD or 1 USD equals 20 IQD or, inversely, 1 IQD = 0.05 USD.

The Best Of Your Day To You, PokerPlayer! :tiphat:

Go Moola Nova!

:pirateship:

Thank you Synopsis, didn't read it like that and it just seemed this thread morffed into a life all its own, lol

Greatly appreciated my friend. I think were reading more into this then is actually there but hey, it can open at a nickle that is much better than we have now.

pp

• Upvote 2

27 minutes ago, pokerplayer said:

Thank you Synopsis, didn't read it like that and it just seemed this thread morffed into a life all its own, lol

Greatly appreciated my friend. I think were reading more into this then is actually there but hey, it can open at a nickle that is much better than we have now.

pp

Agree with you poker. Although the budget is coming out....As Iraq turns soap opera.

• Upvote 2

29 minutes ago, pokerplayer said:

pp

:twothumbs: Oh, Yeah, PokerPlayer!

• Upvote 2

1 hour ago, Gypsygirl11 said:

Agree with you poker. Although the budget is coming out....As Iraq turns soap opera.

22 minutes ago, nannab said:

It can only go up from there Pokerplayer. It is funny how some threads go way off track. It make's thing's

a little more um interesting.  lol

That it does my friends, that it does LOL. Well I hope this is the beginning of great things to come as I am plain tired and want this done as doe's everyone one here...well except maybe MrNope.  :D

pp

• Upvote 1

Here's why i think the IQD had already increased in value:1. The kurdish Gov. Was paid what was owed to them

2.The opening of the borders.

3. The CBI gave.limit to the travelers in n out of Iraq with 200000 dinars.

4The auditing firm(s) was/were hired to audit CBI.

5.The anouncement of the budget (which i hope that the dropped zeros is in). No. 1,2, 3, and 4...all occured in the month of August. No. 5 is the

announcement of the budget being completed....Iam not going to say it cause I know i will get attack for it. We wait.

• Like 2
  • Upvote 4

8 minutes ago, navira45 said:

Here's why i think the IQD had already increased in value:1. The kurdish Gov. Was paid what was owed to them

2.The opening of the borders.

3. The CBI gave.limit to the travelers in n out of Iraq with 200000 dinars.

5.The anouncement of the budget (which i hope that the dropped zeros is in). No. 1,2, 3, and 4...all occured in the month of August. No. 5 is the

announcement of the budget being completed....Iam not going to say it cause I know i will get attack for it. We wait.

Well I called my friend Rob who works in Kurdistan just a few moments ago and he said it all news to him. Must be the best kept secret in town I guess.

pp

Edited by pokerplayer
  • Like 1
  • Upvote 2

11 minutes ago, navira45 said:

Correct me if I'm wrong, my past readings says Deloitte, KPMG and Ernst & Young (now EY) are such firms hired to audit the CBI.  Which is a great thing indeed, just saying :twothumbs:

Edited by Freedomwish
  • Like 1
  • Upvote 2

I asked one of my neighbors who's family lives outside of Babylon and he laughed

and said nothing major yet.  Ahmed said that club you belong to will probably know first. lol

2 hours ago, Freedomwish said:

Correct me if I'm wrong, my past readings says Deloitte, KPMG and Ernst & Young (now EY) are such firms hired to audit the CBI.  Which is a great thing indeed, just saying :twothumbs:

Freedonwish if you go to search on the top of this page put in auditing Ernst & Young Yota posted two articles Jan 30 this year. I just did to refresh my memory. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, nannab said:

I asked one of my neighbors who's family lives outside of Babylon and he laughed

and said nothing major yet.  Ahmed said that club you belong to will probably know first. lol

Freedonwish if you go to search on the top of this page put in auditing Ernst & Young Yota posted two articles Jan 30 this year. I just did to refresh my memory. 

:twothumbs:

When I posted this article, seems like a month now, I didn't associate a new rate, only that Iraq was clamping down on the movement of dinar.  Some members have pointed out that large amounts CAN still be moved in or out if the "proper forms" are submitted.  In Iraq, submitting a form does not mean permission has been granted - until it has been ACCEPTED AND APPROVED (may include bribes).  

My point was that they have a system in place to restrict the flow of dinar.  $10,000 USD is an international norm for our dollars and most other currencies.  IMO, the 200,00 dinar threshold is artificially low - as in being restrictive.  What reason is there, right now, for a tourist OR a businessman to carry dinar outside of the country where it CANNOT be used (except to sell to speculators!)?  They can shut it down now (as much as possible, legally) by:

1. not accepting the proper forms

2. not granting permission, or limiting the amounts (the forms must ask WHY you need useless currency elsewhere)

3. not providing the forms in the first place.

Aside from money laundering, which the IMF discourages, I believe that they are at the stage of preventing more speculation before the value changes.

• Upvote 4