Guest views are now limited to 12 pages. If you get an "Error" message, just sign in! If you need to create an account, click here.

• CRYPTO REWARDS!

Full endorsement on this opportunity - but it's limited, so get in while you can!

Burned Biscuits

Heavyduty053

when I was a kid, my mom like to make breakfast food for dinner every now and then. And I remember one night in particular when she had made breakfast after a long hard day at work. On that evening so long ago, my mom placed a plate of eggs, sausage, bacon, and burned biscuits in front of my dad. He always got first serving and out of respect we knew better than to even attempt before he got what he wanted. I also remember waited to see his reaction to the biscuits.

Yet all my dad did was reach for a biscuit, smile at mom and smear jelly and butter on it, and ask me if a had a good day at school. I don't remember what I told him that night because I was so into watching him eat that biscuit. When I got up from the table that evening, I remember hearing my mom apologize to my dad for burning the biscuits and I will never forget what I heard him say. Honey, I love burned biscuits every now and again. Later that night when my dad came in to give me a kiss good night, I couldn't resist asking him if he really liked burned biscuits. He smiled at me and said, 'Your mommy put in a hard day at the mill and she still came home and cooked us something to eat and she is real tired, and besides- a burned biscuit never hurt anyone and it saved hurt feelings for her efforts.

Moral:       Life is full of imperfect things and imperfect people. I'm not the best at hardly anything, and I forgot birthdays, and anniversaries just like a lot of people. But what I have learned over the years is to accept others faults just as I would want them to accept mine. Practicing being kind has a lot my rewards than being bitter especially with the one you call your wife or husband. Words spoken in bitter tones will damage the best of relationships. So is there really room for such treatment when you know you would nt want them treating you that way.

Take the good the bad and the ugly parts of anything and take a deep breath and think what will become of this if I choose to blow it wide open, what will the outcome be. ALWAYS remember this.......Don't wash away your happiness with a bitter word. If you are served a burned biscuit make the best of it, it will not last forever.     Have a blessed day.

• Upvote 6