Guest views are now limited to 12 pages. If you get an "Error" message, just sign in! If you need to create an account, click here.

• CRYPTO REWARDS!

Full endorsement on this opportunity - but it's limited, so get in while you can!

Court convicts Hushyar Zebari, confiscates his property

tigergorzow

Court convicts Hushyar Zebari, confiscates his property

August 28 2017 12:13 PM
Hushyar Zebari
Hushyar Zebari

A final judgment has been issued convicting former finance minister Hushyar Zebari and ordering confiscation of his movable and immovable property and his arrest over corruption charges, office of finance ministry’s inspector general announced on Monday.  
In a statement, the office said the penalties ranged between three-to-seven year imprisonment.
The affected party, Ministry of Finance, reserves the right to claim damages before civil courts, it noted.
It added that Zebari misused finance ministry’s public funds estimated at billions of Iraqi dinars. 
Corruption is thriving in among Iraqi ministers, officials and governors amid lack of accountability. 
Earlier this month, the governor of the oil city of Basra Majid Mahdi Abd al-Abbass al-Nasrawi has stepped down and gone to Iran after the commission of integrity began investigating graft allegations against him.
In July, the Criminal Court of Integrity has sentenced Ahmed Abdullah al-Jabouri, Salahuddin’s governor, to two-year imprisonment in two cases that had been filed against him. 

http://www.thebaghdadpost.com/en/story/16264/Court-convicts-Hushyar-Zebari-confiscates-his-property

• Like 1
  • Upvote 6

Iraq’s Former Minister of Finance Issued Arrest Warrant over Corruption

Basnews English

28/08/2017 - 11:16

Iraq’s Former Minister of Finance Issued Arrest Warrant over Corruption

BAGHDAD — The former Finance Minister of Iraq has been issued an arrest warrant over corruption allegations during his term in the office.

Rafi al-Issawi is accused of corruption and mismanagement according to the results of an investigation conducted by a committee of the ministry, an official press release confirmed.

A court in Baghdad which probes cases of corruption, issued Issawi an arrest warrant as well as the confiscation of his properties and entire belongings.

Issawi served as Iraqi Finance Minister between 2010 and 2013 when Nouri al-Maliki was in the position of the country’s prime minister.

Prior to that, between 2008 and 2010, Issawi held the position of Deputy Prime Minister.

http://www.basnews.com/index.php/en/news/iraq/374227

• Upvote 7

46 minutes ago, bkeiller said:

working their way up to the 'M'onster . :bow:

Amen   MALIKI will be soon as these guys sing.  Ill give up Maliki for a reduced sentence .... Fools all of them. Now can we take out some here in the good ol USA.  C, P, W, C, Mc, and the list goes on

• Upvote 2

5 minutes ago, Laid Back said:

The battle against corruption is REAL.!

One down.... More to come

Go integrity commission 

Go Justice 

Go punishment 

Totally agree Laid Back...this sets a great precedent!!

Imagine the boost to the Iraqi coffers if Maliki is finally brought to justice!!

I have to believe that Abadi is getting his ducks in a row regarding dropping the hammer on Maliki.

Cant be far away now.

Keeping the faith.

• Upvote 6

2 minutes ago, Scott McD said:

Imagine the boost to the Iraqi coffers if Maliki is finally brought to justice!!

I have to believe that Abadi is getting his ducks in a row regarding dropping the hammer on Maliki.

Cant be far away now.

Keeping the faith.

Agree with you my friend Scott McD.

Abadi with the help of the integrity commission is getting ready to bring more high government officials to justice.

This is one of the prerequisites from the IMF..... Wipe out corruption... More accountability and auditing 

Go battle against corruption 

Go integrity commission 

Go Justice 

Go punishment 

• Upvote 5

4 hours ago, Scott McD said:

Cant be far away now.

Keeping the faith.

Maliki will soon be fluent in Russian.

• Upvote 3

22 hours ago, gregp said:

I'll bet Maliki is shaking in his free $1 million boots

He doesn't need million dollar boots. I have a free bag of quikcrete to make him a really nice pair of boots to wear, for his journey to the bottom of the lake!

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, 8th ID said:

He doesn't need million dollar boots. I have a free bag of quikcrete to make him a really nice pair of boots to wear, for his journey to the bottom of the lake!

I have a half of a bag of quikcrete to contribute to the worthy cause. My stepping stones are done. :woot::woot: