Guest views are now limited to 12 pages. If you get an "Error" message, just sign in! If you need to create an account, click here.

• CRYPTO REWARDS!

Full endorsement on this opportunity - but it's limited, so get in while you can!

Pelosi's father dedicates Confederate statute

A group of psychiatrists has written to Congress to warn Donald Trump poses a "clear and present danger" to the world.

Among them is Dr Bandy Lee, of Yale University, who is also reportedly consulting with Democratic members of Congress on setting up an expert panel to give advice on the President's mental health.

She is concerned by Mr Trump's "dangerousness", Dr Lee told USA Today.

The group's letter, sent to members of both parties, said: "It no longer takes a psychiatrist to recognise the alarming patterns of impulsive, reckless, and narcissistic behaviour — regardless of diagnosis — that, in the person of President Trump, put the world at risk.

"We now find ourselves in a clear and present danger, especially concerning North Korea and the President’s command of the US nuclear arsenal."

It comes after Democrats proposed creating an 11-member, cross-party Oversight Commission on Presidential Capacity which would be responsible for examining the US president’s mental and physical health.

First tabled by Maryland congressman Jamie Raskin, and now backed by more than two dozen members of the House, the bill would see Mr Trump or any other US president forced from the Oval Office is he or she is deemed to be mentally or physically unfit for the role.

Discussion of Mr Trump's fitness to lead has intensified in the days since his extraordinary address to supporters in Phoenix, Arizona.

The President blasted "damned dishonest" journalists and took aim at both the state's Republican senators in a rambling speech, having abandoned his teleprompters.

He also revisited his various statements in the wake of far-right violence in Charlottesville, Virginia, reading portions to prove he had condemned white supremacists and had been misrepresented by the media

https://www.yahoo.com/news/psychiatrists-tell-congress-donald-trump-074136725.html

• Upvote 1

If you actually believe The Donald is mentally unfit, you need to have your head examined.

Ever hear of the Goldwater Rule?

https://www.psychiatry.org/news-room/apa-blogs/apa-blog/2016/08/the-goldwater-rule

The Goldwater Rule: Why breaking it is Unethical and Irresponsible

Every four years, the United States goes through a protracted elections process for the highest office in the land. This year, the election seems like anything but a normal contest, that has at times devolved into outright vitriol. The unique atmosphere of this year’s election cycle may lead some to want to psychoanalyze the candidates, but to do so would not only be unethical, it would be irresponsible.

Simply put, breaking the Goldwater Rule is irresponsible, potentially stigmatizing, and definitely unethical.

Maria A. Oquendo, M.D.

Since 1973, the American Psychiatric Association and its members have abided by a principle commonly known as “the Goldwater Rule,” which prohibits psychiatrists from offering opinions on someone they have not personally evaluated. The rule is so named because of its association with an incident that took place during the 1964 presidential election. During that election, Fact magazine published a survey in which they queried some 12,356 psychiatrists on whether candidate Sen. Barry Goldwater, the GOP nominee, was psychologically fit to be president. A total of 2,417 of those queried responded, with 1,189 saying that Goldwater was unfit to assume the presidency.

While there was no formal policy in place at the time that survey was published, the ethical implications of the Goldwater survey, in which some responding doctors even issued specific diagnoses without ever having examined him personally, became immediately clear. This large, very public ethical misstep by a significant number of psychiatrists violated the spirit of the ethical code that we live by as physicians, and could very well have eroded public confidence in psychiatry.

We live in an age where information on a given individual is easier to access and more abundant than ever before, particularly if that person happens to be a public figure. With that in mind, I can understand the desire to get inside the mind of a Presidential candidate. I can also understand how a patient might feel if they saw their doctor offering an uninformed medical opinion on someone they have never examined. A patient who sees that might lose confidence in their doctor, and would likely feel stigmatized by language painting a candidate with a mental disorder (real or perceived) as “unfit” or “unworthy” to assume the Presidency.

Simply put, breaking the Goldwater Rule is irresponsible, potentially stigmatizing, and definitely unethical.

The Goldwater Rule is published as an annotation in the Principles of Medical Ethics with Annotations Especially Applicable to Psychiatry. I encourage you all to read the full text of the rule below, and keep it in mind during this election cycle, and other events of similarly intense public interest.

The “Goldwater Rule:”

On occasion psychiatrists are asked for an opinion about an individual who is in the light of public attention or who has disclosed information about himself/herself through public media. In such circumstances, a psychiatrist may share with the public his or her expertise about psychiatric issues in general. However, it is unethical for a psychiatrist to offer a professional opinion unless he or she has conducted an examination and has been granted proper authorization for such a statement.”

Principles of Medical Ethics with Annotations Especially Applicable to Psychiatry

• Upvote 2

3 minutes ago, BJinMontreal said:

If you actually believe The Donald is mentally unfit, you need to have your head examined.

You see BJ there you go again, putting implying this is what I believe. I simply brought over a story because you mentioned competency. Why are "some" right-wings so nutty???

B/A

Edited by bostonangler

Everybody ... I mean everybody on this site knows you hate TRUMP!!  Why is it so hard for you to admit it?

But you see - whenever someone hits on a point that's a sore spot for you -  you flip flop your viewpoint to ... "I didn't mean that" and then attack the person pointing out your hypocrisy!!!

• Upvote 6

1 hour ago, BJinMontreal said:

Everybody ... I mean everybody on this site knows you hate TRUMP!!  Why is it so hard for you to admit it?

But you see - whenever someone hits on a point that's a sore spot for you -  you flip flop your viewpoint to ... "I didn't mean that" and then attack the person pointing out your hypocrisy!!!

Yup I think Trump is a fraud... But you and most everyone else seems to think I support Clinton. I have made it clear on countless occasions I didn't vote her and do not support her. I have said many times, I vote the person not the party. If more people would let go how the heard mentality, we would all be better off. I know people on both sides who would vote for Hitler if he was their party's candidate. Personally I don't subscribe to the sheeple point of view. That means if someone is good or bad I can state my opinion without worrying what my friends will say. You should try it sometime it is rather liberating.

B/A

• Upvote 1

On 8/25/2017 at 4:22 PM, bostonangler said:

Yup I think Trump is a fraud... But you and most everyone else seems to think I support system" rel="">support Clinton. I have made it clear on countless occasions I didn't vote her and do not support system" rel="">support her. I have said many times, I vote the person not the party. If more people would let go how the heard mentality, we would all be better off. I know people on both sides who would vote for Hitler if he was their party's candidate. Personally I don't subscribe to the sheeple point of view. That means if someone is good or bad I can state my opinion without worrying what my friends will say. You should try it sometime it is rather liberating.

B/A

You seem to be a very media-guided sheeple yourself, as your talking points parallel the media's view that Trump is bad for America and needs to be removed from office!!!

As for me having that liberating feeling one gets for thinking for themselves - you obviously haven't read anything I've posted as I DON'T post the sheeple's point of view!! 

It's good that you can state an opinion without worrying what your friends will say - too bad you have this knee-jerk reaction to anyone here commenting on your posts though!!

• Upvote 2

20 hours ago, BJinMontreal said:

You seem to be a very media-guided sheeple yourself, as your talking points parallel the media's view that Trump is bad for America and needs to be removed from office!!!

As for me having that liberating feeling one gets for thinking for themselves - you obviously haven't read anything I've posted as I DON'T post the sheeple's point of view!! 

It's good that you can state an opinion without worrying what your friends will say - too bad you have this knee-jerk reaction to anyone here commenting on your posts though!!

Following Trump blindly is the definition of Sheeple... He has proven himself to be a liar, an ego-maniac, and out of touch with reality... He takes credit for things in motion before he was elected. He begs Mexico not to say they won't pay because he lied and said they would. He threatens other nations without any thought of the repercussions. He thinks he knows more than his generals. Does anyone really want his finger on the button?

You call me reactionary, have you followed your man on a daily basis? Reaction without thought should be his middle name. He is alienating himself from everyone except his shrinking list of supports.

B/A

Edited by bostonangler
  • Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

Following Trump?  Wow ... in TRUE democratic fashion you've co-opted a word and given it a new meaning.

A individual that forfits their right to choose in favor of inclusion in groupthink and what is viewed as popular or elete group. Allowing the influences of different forms of media and group members to hold great sway in the formation of attitudes, behavoir and opinion.
To accept the group mentaility and opinion as
fact without examination.
Not only to be told what to do, but accepting the paradigm of thought as absolute thereby removing the weight of personal responsibility in the making of decisions.
In 2003 American President Bush states that the need to invade Iraq is imperative because it it was a supporter of islamic terrorism and developer of Weapons of Mass Destruction that would threaten the United States.

Although no evidence was given in support of such statements the american sheeple supported the war despite evidence to the contrary.
..............................................................................................................

The sheeple are those that are asleep at the switch; who have been controlled by the Lame stream media and can't think for themselves - who therefor spew their vitriol and garbage without regard for whether it is true or not!!!  The Russians hacked the election?  Sure they did - despite the fact that numerous security experts have shown that the DNC was NOT hacked and the stolen emails were copied off the server.  The CIA has been manipulating the media and what the sheeple think for years ...

Your flawed assumption is that Trump followers are sheeple - when in fact Trump supporters are more cognizant (awake) of the happenings around them and the corruption within government than the normal sheeple who think the world is all rainbows and unicorns (except for their President) thanks to what the CIA operated Media has been feeding them for years!!!
  • Upvote 3

54 minutes ago, BJinMontreal said:

Following Trump?  Wow ... in TRUE democratic fashion you've co-opted a word and given it a new meaning.

A individual that forfits their right to choose in favor of inclusion in groupthink and what is viewed as popular or elete group. Allowing the influences of different forms of media and group members to hold great sway in the formation of attitudes, behavoir and opinion.
To accept the group mentaility and opinion as
fact without examination.
Not only to be told what to do, but accepting the paradigm of thought as absolute thereby removing the weight of personal responsibility in the making of decisions.
In 2003 American President Bush states that the need to invade Iraq is imperative because it it was a supporter of islamic terrorism and developer of Weapons of Mass Destruction that would threaten the United States.

Although no evidence was given in support system" rel="">support of such statements the american sheeple supported the war despite evidence to the contrary.
..............................................................................................................

The sheeple are those that are asleep at the switch; who have been controlled by the Lame stream media and can't think for themselves - who therefor spew their vitriol and garbage without regard for whether it is true or not!!!  The Russians hacked the election?  Sure they did - despite the fact that numerous security experts have shown that the DNC was NOT hacked and the stolen emails were copied off the server.  The CIA has been manipulating the media and what the sheeple think for years ...

Your flawed assumption is that Trump followers are sheeple - when in fact Trump supporters are more cognizant (awake) of the happenings around them and the corruption within government than the normal sheeple who think the world is all rainbows and unicorns (except for their President) thanks to what the CIA operated Media has been feeding them for years!!!

Of course, you are absolutely correct, BJ... as MOST truly know the very simplistic philosophical reasoning behind this!  Thank you for pointing it out further, so succinctly!!!  :tiphat:

Sheeple = Kumbaya.... the farthest characterization away from Trump Supporters or Constitutionalists there could be!!!

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, BJinMontreal said:

Following Trump?  Wow

You're right I should have said worshiping...

9 minutes ago, Jaxinjersey said:

Sheeple = Kumbaya

Come on now Jax... Sheeple applies to all who follow a herd mentality... To follow without question, those on both sides of the aisle fall under that definition.

B/A 

• Downvote 2

How nice that you CAN`T find anything to argue with there so you have to make it an all-inclusive argument.  But you still miss the point that the sheeple are the brain-dead snowflakes following the herd mentality ...

NOT the people fed up with their corrupt government and its globalist minions - the PEOPLE that put Trump in office.

• Upvote 4

5 hours ago, bostonangler said:

Come on now Jax... Sheeple applies to all who follow a herd mentality... To follow without question, those on both sides of the aisle fall under that definition.

B/A 

No... sorry B/A.  Think deeper, and clearer.  You are insinuating that anyone that thinks (shares values) like another, is somehow then a member of a group... or group-think.  That is absurd.  Each person must be evaluated as an Individual.

You are, and have always been, attempting to apply an equivalent standard to ALL the sides.  That is the flaw of Collectivism... Liberalism.  The BASE LINES of the differing values have to be evaluated separately and independently, in order to establish any sense of commonality.  In the end... there is no commonality.  Individuals think as individuals (hence questioning and validating their perspective)... Collectivists think as groups (hence more so NOT questioning, and following blindly)....  a clear philosophical distinction.

Those that follow the values of Individualism, and hence, Constitutionalism, are simply validated in their like-mindedness.  Nothing herd, tribal, collective, or kumbaya about it.  The like-mindedness in that regard is simply the natural byproduct of shared, validated values...

It's really THAT SIMPLE!  The more you think objectively, as an individual... the clearer this becomes!
Please feel free to provide ANY example that may attempt to refute this perspective, in regard to the Constitution... and I will clearly show you the differentiation!

Jax

• Upvote 2

11 hours ago, bostonangler said:

Following Trump blindly is the definition of Sheeple... He has proven himself to be a liar, an ego-maniac, and out of touch with reality... He takes credit for things in motion before he was elected. He begs Mexico not to say they won't pay because he lied and said they would. He threatens other nations without any thought of the repercussions. He thinks he knows more than his generals. Does anyone really want his finger on the button?

You call me reactionary, have you followed your man on a daily basis? Reaction without thought should be his middle name. He is alienating himself from everyone except his shrinking list of supports.

B/A

Fat Boy is much safer with President Trumps finger on the button than mine. I would have waited for the right wind conditions and  lobbed tactical Nukes at Kaesong and to the East along the 38th parallel. Cant believe President Obama let that commie bastard sink the Cheonan and not retaliate.  Why have allies if you are gonna do nothing.

Edited by SocalDinar
  • Upvote 2

5 hours ago, Jaxinjersey said:

No... sorry B/A.  Think deeper, and clearer.  You are insinuating that anyone that thinks (shares values) like another, is somehow then a member of a group... or group-think.  That is absurd.  Each person must be evaluated as an Individual.

You are, and have always been, attempting to apply an equivalent standard to ALL the sides.  That is the flaw of Collectivism... Liberalism.  The BASE LINES of the differing values have to be evaluated separately and independently, in order to establish any sense of commonality.  In the end... there is no commonality.  Individuals think as individuals (hence questioning and validating their perspective)... Collectivists think as groups (hence more so NOT questioning, and following blindly)....  a clear philosophical distinction.

Those that follow the values of Individualism, and hence, Constitutionalism, are simply validated in their like-mindedness.  Nothing herd, tribal, collective, or kumbaya about it.  The like-mindedness in that regard is simply the natural byproduct of shared, validated values...

It's really THAT SIMPLE!  The more you think objectively, as an individual... the clearer this becomes!
Please feel free to provide ANY example that may attempt to refute this perspective, in regard to the Constitution... and I will clearly show you the differentiation!

Jax

OWW!

that created actual brain cells!

:bravo:

Edited by Muleslayer
  • Upvote 4

13 hours ago, Jaxinjersey said:

Jax

I can't argue that, except for the fact fanatics on whatever side are just that fanatics. If a supporter of any political leader cannot admit there are flaws, then they are sheeple. Pure and simple. Many people I meet whether left or right refuse to question their leaders. Sad but true. If you as a Trump supporter or any Clinton supporter, or me who voted for the Libertarian candidate, cannot honestly say they can be wrong, then you will always be disappointed. Trump is proven to have many flaws. Clinton has proven to have many flaws. This is why I refused to vote for wither one of them. They did not deserve my most precious right... My vote. Too bad other Americans spend their vote without looking at the character for whom they are voting.

B/A

2 minutes ago, bostonangler said:

I can't argue that, except for the fact fanatics on whatever side are just that fanatics. If a supporter of any political leader cannot admit there are flaws, then they are sheeple. Pure and simple. Many people I meet whether left or right refuse to question their leaders. Sad but true. If you as a Trump supporter or any Clinton supporter, or me who voted for the Libertarian candidate, cannot honestly say they can be wrong, then you will always be disappointed. Trump is proven to have many flaws. Clinton has proven to have many flaws. This is why I refused to vote for wither one of them. They did not deserve my most precious right... My vote. Too bad other Americans spend their vote without looking at the character for whom they are voting.

B/A

You may need to refine and define "Fanatic" as it relates to an individual's rights, preferences, and values!  Don't individuals have the right to pursue their own path toward the pursuit of happiness?  What you fail to understand, is that people's choices are made primarily regarding their VALUES...

Someday, you may recognize that my posts RARELY ever reference politics.  They are PHILOSOPHICAL.  I find it very interesting that you NEVER address me in that context, and insist upon relying on a flawed political one.  I have been patiently waiting! LOL  For someone that values the Libertarian perspective so much, perhaps you should be analyzing my Individualism perspective a bit deeper.  You are so entrenched in Politics, that you cannot see the simplicity of an Individual's Values, that guides him...  In THAT, politics is just a necessary tool, that we must employ to "manage" our values.  Values trump Politics... So, it is a shame that people put the emphasis on the manufactured "tool", ahead of rooted organic values...

For example... I am a Trump Supporter, not because of politics... but because he represents the best choice in protecting my liberty and freedom as an Individual, AGAINST the Collective values, mandates, "laws", etc. etc.   THAT is my RIGHT and PREFERENCE, based on my VALUES... and protected and guaranteed by the Declaration and the Constitution...  THAT is the primary factor that affects my vote!   Is he perfect?... NO.   I don't expect perfection in any "political tool"... I just need IT to do the best job that protects and guarantees my liberty and freedoms.  I'm not concerned with anything else...

So, in THAT regard...  It is not for YOU, or any other PERSON, AUTHORITY, or GROUP... to tell me how to think, or how to pursue my happiness.  YOU do not have that right, or that power OVER ME... NO ONE or ENTITY does!

So... if you can honestly admit that, towards ME... you must also extrapolate that admission toward the REST OF SOCIETY'S INDIVIDUALS!

Again... it IS that simple.

• Like 2

Jax I would never pretend to tell you how to think... And politics are not my motivating source. I want America to be it's best. People do indeed have the right to freedom of choice and the free mind to think for themselves. I do not come in here and ask or tell people what they should think. I simply point out the obvious. You say Trump represents the best choice to protect you freedom. He might have been a better choice than the "one world government" mentality of Clinton. But he is not proposing to serve the people as much as he is demonstrating his servitude to his masters, the multinationals. Corporate welfare is not going to help America.

As a constitutionalist, I know you support our founding fathers who believed that individuals shouldn't pay the burden of government, but corporations need to carry the load. Somewhere along the way we lost and corporations won. Republicans and Democrats do not support you or me, they support corporations and big government. 

You are proud of your freedom to make choices as am I. But you have to admit, most Americans have become zombies. They lap up the spoon fed dribble and are afraid to be free. And it is only getting worse. Young people I meet, don't know what freedom is, they do not care about their privacy, and they are addicted to pop culture. I recently asked a high school student who our first president was.. The answer? Abe Lincoln... And what is really sad, when I pointed out the error, there was no shame or embarrassment. The reply was "Who cares".  The country we grew up in is gone. History shows there is no going back. People think they can vote us back. They are wrong. People think a revolution will bring us back. They too are wrong. The old ways give way to the new ways and we won't go back. I'm not saying I like it or support it, but that is basic truth. Never again will you have the freedoms we enjoyed when we grew up. The future world is getting smaller and in time there will be a one world mentality. It has been said in time there will be less than 10 corporations that own everything. The way takeovers are happening, I'm beginning to think this is where things are going. I don't think we will live to see it but our great grand kids will live in a vastly different world than you and I.

B/A

Hey Ba, some of the points you bring up about Trump I will concede are true, but results is what I want to see. I believe the the economy grew this quarter at > 3% (3.2%) I believe. And I don't know about you but I am doing much better since Trump won the Presidency than the 32 quarters of <2% under the Bummer. Just saying.