Guest views are now limited to 12 pages. If you get an "Error" message, just sign in! If you need to create an account, click here.

• CRYPTO REWARDS!

Full endorsement on this opportunity - but it's limited, so get in while you can!

Hurricane Harvey: evacuations under way as storm heads for Texas

umbertino

Weather system due to make landfall on Friday evening is most powerful to hit the US in 11 years

Guardian staff and agencies

Friday 25 August 2017 09.04 BST

3586.jpg?w=700&q=55&auto=format&usm=12&fit=max&s=e5f77602e52a64782eded86eaa15a4e3
Hurricane Harvey approaches the coast of Texas from the Gulf of Mexico as it strengthens to a category 3 storm.
Photograph: via ZUMA Wire/REX/Shutterstock

https://www.theguardian.com/world/2017/aug/25/hurricane-harvey-evacuations-under-way-as-monster-storm-heads-for-texas

• Upvote 3

My cousin is a Charter Captain in Port Mansfield, just talked to him and he said it is 

going to hit just north of him. He has two charter boats, 3 shrimp boats and 2 bay boats 

to batten down. At least my place is 50 miles from the Gulf!

Thanks for the update umbertino!

• Upvote 2

14 minutes ago, moose 57 said:

My cousin is a Charter Captain in Port Mansfield, just talked to him and he said it is 

going to hit just north of him. He has two charter boats, 3 shrimp boats and 2 bay boats 

to batten down. At least my place is 50 miles from the Gulf!

Thanks for the update umbertino!

Best of luck to everybody

• Upvote 2

3 hours ago, Texstorm said:

Good Afternoon DV ! I live Spring just north of Houston...... nothing yet , hopefully it will stay that way. Right now it is just misting .... we will see. Will keep y'all updated if it gets worse.

Thanks Tex....Let's hope for the best...Pls keep us updated and God bless

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

So far all is well,  I think going into Sunday through Wednesday is when we'll get the rain.  Sunday and Monday will be the heaviest of rain.  Have my home ready and prepped, but still have concerns of water entering into the house.  My backyard is full of trees which causes for concerns too.  Not looking forward to the power outages :unsure: :bugs:

Pray those affected will make it through with minimum damages, including myself. 

Good luck Textstorm and others.  :praying:

• Upvote 3

2 hours ago, Markinsa said:

My brother is a guide in Fulton.  He brought his boat up to San Antonio yesterday and is staying with friends.  His house is 2,300 ft from the Aransas Bay (intercoastal waterway).  It looks like the eye is going right over his house. 

Thanks Markinsa and pattyangel ! It looks like a direct hit on Rockport and Fulton. Cat 4 ! I've spent many of day there and at one point I wanted to live there and even looked at several houses. The median age in Rockport-Fulton is 52 yoa and those folks live a very mellow life , awesome place and literally has the largest Southern Live Oak in Texas right down on the bay. I love Rockport-Fulton and I pray these folks will have something to come home too. May God Bless Texas !

• Like 1
  • Upvote 3

Well here in Houston we are experiencing major flooding along with numerous tornadoes. So far my immidiate family is ok. Lake Conroe is at full capacity and they are going to do controlled releases but that's not going to help the folks down stream. We live on a gully  and it is at the top of the bank as of early this morning. Right now we are in between the major rain bands here in Spring Texas and it is still raining. Im praying for all of those who are in need this morning. Will keep y'all posted.

Edited by Texstorm
  • Like 1
  • Upvote 3

Houston and surrounding areas are being hit hard with the rain.  Catastrophic flooding everywhere, rescue missions are now taking place.  Many  homes flooded.  My mother's home is taking in water.   I can't get to her, because of flooded streets.  Have family members coming to her rescue. Other family members are experiencing damages to their properties.   As far as me, I've been able to keep the water out. We have more heavy down pours of rains coming.  Lake Houston is trying to hold its own, the run offs will show its fierce face when it finally stops raining.  The after affects will be devastating.  This is bad, really bad. 

Prayers to everyone who are at this point lost without direction, my beloved Father please keep us in your arms of safety, we pray to keep the faith up and lean on you.  AMEN!!!

"Scrabble" has become my favorite game   LOL!!!!:D

Edited by pattyangel
  • Like 2
  • Upvote 2

Our most Dear and Holy Father we pray for Texastorm, Pattyangel, Markinsa and all those that are living in harm's way. 

We seek your Mercy and your Great Protection. In our times of trials and tribulations we look towards your Heavenly Kingdom that we may fall down at the Most Holy of Holies and worship you Dear God at your Throne. Let thy will be done here on earth as it is in Heaven. But allow us Sweet Jesus to live that we all may serve you and show the world of your wondrous love in that a storm, though it may destroy everything we own, cannot destroy our faith in Jesus Christ. Our love towards our fellow men and our worship of Thee Lord Jesus.      Amen

• Like 3
  • Upvote 3

Tropical storm Harvey: 30,000 people will need shelter after flooding in Texas - live

Follow the latest developments as army releases water from two Houston reservoirs after ‘catastrophic’ rainfall that may reach 50in in some areas

Jamiles Lartey, Matthew Weaver and Graham Russell

Monday 28 August 2017 15.25 BST

Key events

Edited by umbertino