Guest views are now limited to 12 pages. If you get an "Error" message, just sign in! If you need to create an account, click here.

• CRYPTO REWARDS!

Full endorsement on this opportunity - but it's limited, so get in while you can!

Other than Warka Bank

jb4388

Just curious if anyone has a bank account in Iraq other than at Warka Bank and opened this account state side? I know some people might have an account because they have actually been in Iraq. I'm look for information that might lead to opening an account ( like Warka) with a bank with better customer service.

Thank you Vets for your sacrifice and service.

• Upvote 1

• 2 weeks later...

jb4388 -   At the time I opened my Warka account (quite a few years ago now), that was our only choice.    And the customer service has been pretty nil.    I haven't heard of any other banks allowing US citizens to open accounts.   However, I haven't kept up with this area in quite awhile.   

• Upvote 1

• 3 weeks later...

After sending out emails to seven different banks in Iraq I received a response from only one bank.

Dear james I will provide you with all information ,,,

If you wanna to open a banking account first of all you should live in Iraq ,

If you can come to Iraq and open an account or someone of your relatives open an account for you ..

Best Regard

I sent a reply and explained that I owned stocks through Al Karmal (I was with Warka Bank but switched a few months ago.) and how I had been an investor for over 10 year and even had shares in their bank. None of this really mattered because the  second response I got was pretty cut and dry.

Sorry james ,, this a mandatory instructions you can open account only in one case if you were in Iraq or make a private attorney which you entail the condition of open accounts , make money transfer, etc.

I'm hoping these rules will change but for now I still have my Warka Bank account. The bank that responded to my emails was Ashur International Bank For Investment.

Edited by jb4388
  • Upvote 1

A second reply....... (Commercial Bank of Iraq)

Dear Mr. James,

I was advised to contact regards your enquiries . CBIQ  will need to have and fill all the attached applications for opening an account in our bank  and ISX and then you can send them back to me as a hard copy by courier express  , In additional of that please provide us with a copy of your passport & national IDs  ( in colored copies of original ) which all must be legalized and verified by the Iraqi Embassy .

Our account opening process is very straight forward and should not take more than a few days.

We hope to receive all of these documents as soon as possible on the address below.

Here is the same form I found on their website: http://www.ahliunited.com/bh_aub_cbiq.html  (Commercial Bank of Iraq)

http://www.ahliunited.com/pdfs/AccountOpeningjune09.pdf 

I just tried to sign into my Warka account and this message popped up and it would not let me go any farther:

THIS CONNECTION IS NOT PRIVATE

This website maybe impersonating "onlinebanking.warka-bank.iq.com" to steal your personal or financial information.

You should go back to the previous page.

Anyone having this problem or any info as to what is going on here?

Is it Warka's problem or could it have to do with  Experian hack from the last few months?