Guest views are now limited to 12 pages. If you get an "Error" message, just sign in! If you need to create an account, click here.

• CRYPTO REWARDS!

Full endorsement on this opportunity - but it's limited, so get in while you can!

D. V. power ball monster pot game 8 /22 / 8 /23 2017

jeepguy

1 minute ago, Jaxinjersey said:

Thanks for further attention to that, jcfrag!   The original rule was put in place by me, because it was a bit confusing as to how the "CASH" vs "ANNUITY" applied to tickets!  Here, in NJ, you must specify your preference at the time of ticket purchase! I also found out that the self-serve Lottery Machines in NJ only dispense Annuity tickets!   In other states, we've found that you can make your decision after winning!  And, I do believe in NJ... I would still be able to change the decision, after winning...

In any case... THAT is exactly why we want to play "CASH" tickets!  We don't need the confusion, especially when sharing winnings among dozens of our pool winners!  Why take the chance we'd ALL be stuck with annuity payments over the next thirty years?!!!!!  

GO RV... I mean PB... I mean BOTH!!!  :twothumbs::bagofmoney:

First time ever using a machine. Didnt even know there was a difference. Says on the ticket the machine gave me  Annuity is a $443,300,000 jackpot. I'd take it in a heart beat, but would prefer the 700,000,000. Maybe I can change mine too if I win....if we win!  :crossedfingers:

• Upvote 1

3 minutes ago, jcfrag said:

First time ever using a machine. Didnt even know there was a difference. Says on the ticket the machine gave me  Annuity is a $443,300,000 jackpot. I'd take it in a heart beat, but would prefer the 700,000,000. Maybe I can change mine too if I win....if we win!  :crossedfingers:

That's interesting, that the ticket actually tells you the payout amount!  But, it's also interesting, that it shows the Annuity Amount as lesser than the Cash Amount?!!!  The Annuity is usually the FULL Amount due to it being paid out over thirty years... and the Cash Amount is usually the diluted/discounted/after-tax Lump Sum LOWER figure!!!   Hmmmmmm.....

Jax

Just now, Rmc10 said:

I got my tickets from a machine. Does that mean I got annuity tickets?

Hi Rmc... Each state is different.  Mine actually say either Annuity or Cash.  Others may just have an "A" for Annuity... btw, that's just my assumption, since one of our Players here mentioned/showed an "A" as part of the ticket info.

In any case... each of us has to do a little homework as to how this applies in their state...

Jax

• Upvote 1

5 minutes ago, Jaxinjersey said:

Hi Rmc... Each state is different.  Mine actually say either Annuity or Cash.  Others may just have an "A" for Annuity... btw, that's just my assumption, since one of our Players here mentioned/showed an "A" as part of the ticket info.

In any case... each of us has to do a little homework as to how this applies in their state...

Jax

Yep, mine have an A beside the numbers unfortunately. Hopefully we win tonight but now I know to go to a clerk from now on if not. Thanks for the info. 

Edited by Rmc10
  • Upvote 1

47 minutes ago, Jaxinjersey said:

That's interesting, that the ticket actually tells you the payout amount!  But, it's also interesting, that it shows the Annuity Amount as lesser than the Cash Amount?!!!  The Annuity is usually the FULL Amount due to it being paid out over thirty years... and the Cash Amount is usually the diluted/discounted/after-tax Lump Sum LOWER figure!!!   Hmmmmmm.....

Jax

My roomie is laughing at me, the A. In front of the number indicates it's the first #. She bought 5#'s ordered A. B. C. D. F.   You are right. Cash payout is $433,300,000, annuity is $700,000,000!   First timers, what are ya gonna do????   :shrug:

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, jcfrag said:

My roomie is laughing at me, the A. In front of the number indicates it's the first #. She bought 5#'s ordered A. B. C. D. F.   You are right. Cash payout is $433,300,000, annuity is $700,000,000!   First timers, what are ya gonna do????   :shrug:

LOL.... well, at least we've got that figured out!!!!   It's all part of the "FUN"!!!   Thanks for the feedback!!!  :D

From KDTV Channel 11, Dallas / Fort Worth: 

The Powerball number drawn for 8/23/17 are:    6  7  16  23  26  PB 4     Powerplay 4X

As reported earlier, Congratulations go out to Jeepguy for a  Powerball plus one match and to MikeW for his Powerball match!!

Sorry, we had no other winners here tonight.

• Like 1

1 ticket matched in Massachusetts  ....    { man I hope they were on  a  lotto pool and not some `ol    political  rich guy  !  :o   thanks for all the effort in the lotto games  every one !   now back too calm waters  of  a 40 million pot  ...  ;) 

• Upvote 1