Guest views are now limited to 12 pages. If you get an "Error" message, just sign in! If you need to create an account, click here.

• CRYPTO REWARDS!

Full endorsement on this opportunity - but it's limited, so get in while you can!

A Key Senate Republican Is Demanding ‘Radical Changes’ to Trump’s Presidency

Bob Corker

A Key Senate Republican Is Demanding ‘Radical Changes’ to Trump’s Presidency

8:02 AM ET

A Senate Republican who once considered joining Donald Trump’s administration called Thursday for “radical changes,” saying the president hasn’t yet demonstrated the characteristics needed to serve in his job, as criticism of Trump’s response to a fatal white-supremacist rally spread.

The rebuke from a key supporter was followed by a call from former Vice President Al Gore for Trump to step down. James Murdoch, the chief executive of 21st Century Fox Inc. and son of conservative media mogul Rupert Murdoch, pledged to make a $1 million donation to the Anti-Defamation League.

“We’re at a point where there needs to be radical changes take place at the White House itself. It has to happen,” Senator Bob Corker told reporters in his home state of Tennessee. “I think the president needs to take stock of the role that he plays in our nation and move beyond himself — move way beyond himself — and move to a place where daily he’s waking up thinking about what is best for the nation.”

Corker’s remarks are some of the strongest Republican backlash to Trump’s suggestions that both sides bear blame in the Charlottesville, Virginia incident last week. Several other Republicans have called on Trump to make a clearer denunciation of white-supremacist groups, but many GOP leaders have remained silent on the president’s remarks. Business leaders left the first CEO-president’s advisory panels, causing the president to abandon several.

Senator Bob Corker, a Republican from Tennessee and chairman of the Senate Foreign Relations Committee, speaks during a press conference in Washington, D.C., U.S., on Thursday, Aug. 3, 2017.Senator Bob Corker, a Republican from Tennessee and chairman of the Senate Foreign Relations Committee, speaks during a press conference in Washington, D.C., U.S., on Thursday, Aug. 3, 2017. Zach Gibson—Bloomberg via Getty Images 

Gore, a Democrat who unsuccessfully ran for president in 2000, was asked in a video published by British media site LADbible if he could offer one piece of advice to Trump, what would it be? “Resign,” Gore responded.

Murdoch, in a letter obtained by the New York Times, wrote, “I can’t even believe I have to write this: standing up to Nazis is essential; there are no good Nazis. Or Klansmen, or terrorists. Democrats, Republicans, and others must all agree on this, and it compromises nothing for them to do so.”

Another Senate Republican, Tim Scott of South Carolina, said Trump had compromised his moral authority with his response to the recent violence. “I’m not going to defend the indefensible,” Scott, the only African-American Republican in the Senate, told Vice News. “What we want to see from our president is clarity and moral authority. And that moral authority is compromised.”

Corker’s criticisms are particularly notable because he has previously been a Trump ally and met with him before his inauguration to discuss the possibility of becoming secretary of state.

“The president has not yet been able to demonstrate the stability nor some of the competence that he needs to demonstrate in order to be successful,” Corker, who chairs the Senate Foreign Relations Committee, said. “And we need for him to be successful.”

“He also recently has not demonstrated that he understands the character of this nation. He has not demonstrated that he understands what has made this nation great,” he added. “Without the things that I just mentioned happening, our nation is going to go through great peril.”

‘Foolish’ Removal

Earlier Thursday, Trump jumped back into the roiling controversy over his remarks blaming both sides for the violence as he decried the “foolish” removal of Confederate monuments and attacked two other Republican senators who criticized him.

In a series of tweets Thursday, Trump said it was “sad to see the history and culture of our great country being ripped apart with the removal of our beautiful statues and monuments.” He wrote that history can’t be changed but “you can learn from it” and that “the beauty that is being taken out of our cities, towns and parks will be greatly missed and never able to be comparably replaced!”

He also accused one Republican senator of a “disgusting lie” and plugged a primary opponent of another GOP critic.

“Publicity seeking Lindsey Graham falsely stated that I said there is moral equivalency between the KKK, neo-Nazis & white supremacists and people like Ms. Heyer,’’ Trump said on Twitter. “Such a disgusting lie. He just can’t forget his election trouncing. The people of South Carolina will remember!’’ He also called Republican Senator Jeff Flake of Arizona “toxic” and a “non-factor in the Senate.”

Leaders’ Silence

Trump’s defiant rebukes came as House Speaker Paul Ryan and Senate Majority Leader Mitch McConnell tried to distance themselves from Trump’s remarks blaming both sides in the violence by issuing statements condemning white supremacy.

Neither mentioned the president.

On Thursday, in response to Trump’s attack, Graham said in a statement, “Because of the manner in which you have handled the Charlottesville tragedy you are now receiving praise from some of the most racist and hate-filled individuals and groups in our country. For the sake of our nation — as our president — please fix this.”

“History is watching us all,” he added.

Trump said at a combative news conference on Tuesday that both sides were to blame for the violence and that there were “very fine people” on both sides, including among the neo-Nazi and white-supremacist groups. He also accused what he called “alt-left” protesters of charging at the neo-Nazi groups with clubs.

Fear of Backlash

The reluctance of GOP leaders to confront Trump directly is the latest sign they remain unwilling to challenge even the president’s most controversial remarks and comes despite growing concern among Republicans that their party’s brand could suffer permanent damage from the backlash.

But Corker’s public lashing of Trump suggests growing concern that his presidency could tarnish Republicans more broadly.

Corker’s relationship with Trump goes back to the election, when the senator campaigned with the president and was said to have been vetted as a potential running mate. Corker also served as a member of the president’s national security advisory committee. He has continued to offer Trump advice on foreign policy.

This isn’t the first time Corker has expressed frustration with the president and his administration. In May, after reports that Trump repeated classified information about the Islamic State during an Oval Office meeting with Russian officials, Corker said the White House was in a "downward spiral" and needed to "bring itself under control and order."

On Thursday, Corker also defended Flake following Trump’s tweets criticizing him.

“Senator Flake is one of the finest human beings I’ve ever met,” Corker said. “The White House would be well-served to embrace the character, the substance of someone like Senator Flake. He’s one of the finest people I serve with.”

http://fortune.com/2017/08/18/bob-corker-trump-comments/

1480389348_TRUMP_CAMPAIGN_2_t1070_he5825

This is not good for President Trump. I know Senator Corker personally. He is a straight up conservative who is committed to the agenda of the conservative right. He has been a Trump supporter and now he is disgusted. This is no small affair for this man to make these statements. I suppose some here will now bash him, but I would bet most people here would absolutely supported him a week ago. It appears the Trump administration is collapsing. His most staunch supporters are jumping ship. The USS Trumptanic just hit the iceberg. Sorry folks but your ship is sinking.

B/A 

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 4

The Peter Principle in full bloom. 

Peter principle - Wikipedia

The Peter principle is a concept in management theory formulated by educator Laurence J. Peter and published in 1969. It states that the selection of a candidate for a position is based on the candidate's performance in their current role, rather than on abilities relevant to the intended role.
  • Upvote 4

If that ship sinks, your going down with it too. 

These Repuke that go against Trump will pay for it from their constituents.  We're tired of all this crap coming from these traitors in the name of political correctness. 

Trump is not your average politician and that's what you don't like about him. 

Hate to disappoint you B/A but there are many who agree with Trump's agenda, "Make America Great" but its individuals like you who want to fine fault. You go hand in hand with the media and at this point the media is our enemy. 

Gore's history, he had his chance, now he leans on crap and lies and makes millions from it.  Paul Ryan ain't got no B?*?$.  Scott is just blinded by his position, because the clarity is there. McConnell is old and its time to remove him.  Graham is just another voice of popularity, he's fighting to remain popular so he took advantage of this opportunity.  To bad Cocker did a switch a roo on Trump, because now the people will be watching.  What Trump said was nothing but the truth and the fact that the media can't handle the truth, they attack, they twist and they stir up the hate...that's their agenda, to destroy America, my America, my children, my grandchildren and guess what your America  

Pray for peace, pray for Trump, because the cards right now look bleak, but prayer is powerful and we just might be able to make great changes. 

Edited by pattyangel
  • Upvote 8

Thank you pattyangel.

The nice thing about Trump is you don't want to mess with him. You mess with him you get double it back, so they should be expecting it if they're smart enough. But you know the left when they're losing they double up and loose twice as much. We now are in the know. The CORRUPTION will stop and it will be painful for those that are no longer being allowed to take from the American people. 

Gooooo President Trump, goooo American people.

Edited by jg1
  • Upvote 4

8 hours ago, jg1 said:

Thank you pattyangel.

The nice thing about Trump is you don't want to mess with him. You mess with him you get double it back, so they should be expecting it if they're smart enough. But you know the left when they're losing they double up and loose twice as much. We now are in the know. The CORRUPTION will stop and it will be painful for those that are no longer being allowed to take from the American people. 

Gooooo President Trump, goooo American people.

This is the neon sign pointing the way to those that are taking from the American people.

http://reclaimdemocracy.org/who-are-citizens-united/

If you want to eliminate corruption, you have to eliminate the mechanisms that buy the politicians and the biased legislation that makes profiteering a legal government subsidy. Until that happens, a few with deep pockets (not the American people) will buy the airtime, provide the fake news and buy candidates that promote their own agendas. If Trump is really interesting in draining the swamp, he has to start pissing off the right people. So far, he has just pissed off a healthy segment of the American population (whose only power comes from the 1st amendment, if you have kept up on the protests) and alienated just about everyone that has a role in getting REAL legislation passed that benefits the American people. The big question is whether or not he is capable of leading the country to a better place. So far, not very encouraging. Of course, that's just my 2 cents. 

• Upvote 2

You people are full of it... A week ago most republicans/conservatives would have stood in line to meet Senator Corker. Most would have voted for him. Most would have totally supported him, now he's no good? I am actually starting to feel sorry for Trump supporters. They followed their heart in hopes of a real straight up American. What they got is someone who is unstable, incompetent and more confused everyday by what a president should do to lead.

This just gets worse everyday. Good luck folks, you're about to have a very bumpy ride. With Bannon and most of his team dropping off or being "fired" you can see the rats are jumping ship, chaos has taken control and his party even the good ones have seen the light.

B/A

• Upvote 4
  • Downvote 3

3 hours ago, yota691 said:

I bet he is considering Trump administration consist of Democratic and Republicans, and the one that are getting fired are Republicans. Do you not see a pattern here. :blink: 

Yup I see a pattern. Trump is disconnected from reality and most people including his most dedicated now see it. Soon only those who are blinded by his con job will be backing him.. I think within a few months most of his supporters will be gone, leaving the diehards. Every failed person always has a few remaining diehards who cannot admit they made a mistake.

B/A

• Upvote 3
  • Downvote 3

11 hours ago, pattyangel said:

What Trump said was nothing but the truth and the fact that the media can't handle the truth, they attack, they twist and they stir up the hate...that's their agenda, to destroy America, my America, my children, my grandchildren and guess what your America  

Pray for peace, pray for Trump, because the cards right now look bleak, but prayer is powerful and we just might be able to make great changes. 

The media didn't kill Heather Heyer....a maniacal Trump supporter did.  Fact.

GO RV, then BV

• Upvote 3
  • Downvote 1

Just now, Shabibilicious said:

The media didn't kill Heather Heyer....a maniacal Trump supporter did.  Fact.

GO RV, then BV

No it was Soros. Don't you know he pays the protesters to be there, then he paid someone to run them over. Didn't you see the talking cats conspiracy video? There were multiple clips edited together to make it appear to be real. Don't you know they did practice runs using different cars?

Sadly these people will believe anything. This upcoming week, suddenly Bannon will be bad. Then all the generals will be bad. Then Trumps family members will be bad. You know Jared is a democrat Jew, according to Bannon. In fact, I'm now reading where Trump supporters think the entire White House staff are democrats.... 

Finally the world will be bad and only Trump and his shrinking support will be good.

B/A

• Upvote 3
  • Downvote 1

9 minutes ago, bostonangler said:

No it was Soros. Don't you know he pays the protesters to be there, then he paid someone to run them over. Didn't you see the talking cats conspiracy video? There were multiple clips edited together to make it appear to be real. Don't you know they did practice runs using different cars?

Sadly these people will believe anything. This upcoming week, suddenly Bannon will be bad. Then all the generals will be bad. Then Trumps family members will be bad. You know Jared is a democrat Jew, according to Bannon. In fact, I'm now reading where Trump supporters think the entire White House staff are democrats.... 

Finally the world will be bad and only Trump and his shrinking support system" rel="">support will be good.

B/A

You forgot to mention Big Auto being in on it....the murder weapon was a Dodge, after all. 

GO RV, then BV

• Upvote 1

Just now, Shabibilicious said:

Not to mention the paving company who laid the asphalt.

GO RV, then BV

And of course Budweiser is Belgium and Miller is African, so I have to include those foreign beer companies, because you know there was some drinking going on. You would have to be drunk to think those white hoods match those brown shirts.

B/A

• Upvote 2

1 hour ago, bostonangler said:

With Bannon and most of his team dropping off or being "fired" you can see the rats are jumping ship, chaos has taken control and his party even the good ones have seen the light.

Oh Yeah, when Bannon took the job he stated it was only for 8 to 12 months, to get a glimpse of the situation....LOL MAGA 2020 

• Upvote 2

14 hours ago, pattyangel said:

Pray for Revival that comes from above, and not from the knowledge of men. To get the Lord to send an Holy Spirit Revival one only needs to go to the Lord their God in Pure Repentance with with a broken heart. That is to say that for an Holy Spirit Revival one must know that they need Repentance, and to know that one sometimes must ask the Lord their God where they need  to Repent. 

But the problem today isn't President Trump, and it's not even the insane left. The Biggest issue with America today is that the Church today is so self righteous that is refuses to even ask God what they may need repentance of. And worse than that when God speaks to one that is asking and gives that one the message from God that he wishes to say, it is the Church that attacks that one the most. It is the Church that rejects the word of God because Science is the foundation of the church today and not Jesus. But anyone that God sends with those words are shunned as a fool. 

If you want to have real Hope for America pray that the Lord YOUR God will show us all where we need to repent and come closer to Him. 

Then we will see Revival and THEN we will have Hope for America.  :praying:

7 hours ago, yota691 said:

I bet he is considering Trump administration consist of Democratic and Republicans, and the one that are getting fired are Republicans. Do you not see a pattern here. :blink: 

I do! And to quite honest, my brother, I truly would love to read what you think about that. :praying:

3 hours ago, bostonangler said:

Yup I see a pattern. Trump is disconnected from reality and most people including his most dedicated now see it. Soon only those who are blinded by his con job will be backing him.. I think within a few months most of his supporters will be gone, leaving the diehards. Every failed person always has a few remaining diehards who cannot admit they made a mistake.

B/A

Seriously:facepalm1: A self made Billionaire, and the only person in the history of this nation to have beat the crap out of the Lame Stream Media, The Establishment in OUR government, And the Elites of the World at their own game. And He did that with far less money than anyone has recently spent running for the Presidency in recent history.

If anyone actually thinks that someone who is , "DISCONNECTED FROM REALITY", is capable of accomplishing all that then that person is the one that is not living in reality.   

3 hours ago, bostonangler said:

Finally the world will be bad and only Trump and his shrinking support system" rel="">support will be good.

B/A

That is fact. Google something  besides all your hate speech  and mental porn and you will easily find that to be true. 

2 hours ago, yota691 said:

Oh Yeah, when Bannon took the job he stated it was only for 8 to 12 months, to get a glimpse of the situation....LOL MAGA 2020 

I actually do remember that because Glen Beck talked about it. And knowing that made me really ponder over the interview that Bannon gave the other day. What I was most struck by was that Bannon kept referring to Himself as if he was the POTUS. Strange by anyones standards. So I took it to the Lord in my ponderings and this is what I came up with. 

Situations like this are extremely rare, and it seems that President Trump is about the most perfect player on the field. What do I mean? I don't think that Bannon and President Trump have had any,"Falling out", what so ever. I think that President Trump and Bannon have gotten together and devise a plan that when put into motion will take the world's eyes off of what is really going on. 

Listen to the Bannon interview, it sounds a whole lot more like something President Trump would say, but couldn't. 

He couldn't because the Media would eviscerate his comments if he spoke like that. And yet the Media would see Bannon as a traitor to President Trump and thus present his comments as stated. 

Thus, President Trump would get his thoughts out there without the media verbal slaughter of them. 

So it is my suggestion that if anyone really wants to know what President Trump is thinking, go and listen to the Bannon interview. 

What the media and the left, and sadly now some of Trump supporters, are failing to understand is that President Trump has been five steps ahead of the media all along. This Man may not have known,"how bad the swamp was", but make no mistake about it he most certainly knows and understands,"MEDIA". 

Can you say,"The Apprentice"? 

Indeed I once thought that the only reason that Trump was even running for POTUS was only because he wanted his own cable channel. Because he knows the Business so well. That is why he has always been ahead of the Media all along. And one other thing to know about President Trump, he will always be playing the members of the media for the next 7 yrs. because they are a bunch of idiots who don't know their history nor do they even remotely understand what is being done to them. 

We are not seeing the unraveling of the Trump Presidency, we are seeing the total annihilation of the modern day media.

In 7 more yrs you won't be able to recognize what will be media. It will have become something entirely different. 

• Upvote 5

I totally agree with your LGD.  We need to repent, take it to the Lord God Almighty.  Yes America has fallen for the immoral ways, greed, power, control and so much more.  We need to pray for a change within His people, open their hearts to His love that He so wants to give each and everyone of us, His peace, His wisdom, He wants us to listen to soft breeze whispers that He sends us, He wants us to share His love with others, not matter what they believe in.  He also wants us to not be silence to what evil is doing to this great nation.  To be on guard at all times.  To be as His son Jesus Christ was when the Romans were persecuting Him. Jesus stood his ground.    

God speaks to us in different forms, with different messages, we just need to trust in Him.  Unity in Christ is a must.  Prayer is our weapon.  President Trump needs our prayers to stay ahead of this corruption. 

Thank you for your input, sometimes my mind is racing and all it takes is ones words to slow me down and realize there is a GOD !!!

• Upvote 3

• 1 month later...