Guest views are now limited to 12 pages. If you get an "Error" message, just sign in! If you need to create an account, click here.

• CRYPTO REWARDS!

Full endorsement on this opportunity - but it's limited, so get in while you can!

When will the Iraqi dinar be revalued?

Q:

When will the Iraqi dinar be revalued?

A:

Quick Answer

The revaluation of the Iraqi dinar is ready to be implemented by the country's Central Bank; however, the Parliamentary Economic and Investment Commission has decided to postpone the revaluation to 2019. The plan is to eliminate zeros from the value of the Iraqi currency, allowing the dinar to gain value on the global market.

Continue Reading

Full Answer

With the anticipation of the Iraqi dinar revaluation, millions of dinars have been bought all over the world by investors. Those investors hope that the revaluation of the dinar will increase the value of the currency, which would make all of their dinars worth significantly more than when they bought them. However, the revaluation continues to get postponed and is set for 2019 as the country faces more pressing political issues.

https://www.reference.com/business-finance/iraqi-dinar-revalued-32bcb8d1dd4186c0?qo=contentSimilarQuestions

Found this and didn't like it...

B/A

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 2

15 minutes ago, NEPatriotsFan1 said:

Hope it's smoke! I think they have too many reasons to revalue.... the people need a win..... so much loss after isis. I really think Abadi could seal the deal for re election if he revalued and gave the people back their purchasing power

I like your thinking and I hope something happens SOON... Dang there's that 4 letter word again...

GO PATS

B/A

• Upvote 2

It could be . All the activity and Progress ? I think we are back to her initial statement now . Or atleast the conditions for her initial statement...... "Al-Bajari said that the head of the Central Bank of Iraq had previously said that this policy from parliament was accepted and that the zeros will be deleted from the Iraqi currency in the next 5 years."

• Upvote 1

8 hours ago, Botzwana said:

Come on!  Do you really think they would just go an announce an RV?  Especially for 2 years from now?  Hell people would buy them all out now.  It is in print!

4 hours ago, blueskyline said:

It could be . All the activity and Progress ? I think we are back to her initial statement now . Or atleast the conditions for her initial statement...... "Al-Bajari said that the head of the Central Bank of Iraq had previously said that this policy from parliament was accepted and that the zeros will be deleted from the Iraqi currency in the next 5 years."

Just my opinion. I don't think the CBI, Iraq, or others programming/monitoring Iraq's monetary program would be overt in any significant changes in the IQD value relative to other currencies (i.e. the USD). Otherwise, those savvy in monetary affairs (even the vilely evil and nefarious?) would be able to speculate extensively and then manipulate the IQD revaluation program to promote their evil around the world if a likely IQD revaluation time period is calculable. We may be seeing Iran's hands in the pie in the Iraqi IQD for this reason. So, my opinion is the IQD revaluation would occur at a minimally predictable time. My opinion, too, is Iraq will need to have an established international value to the IQD prior to major reconstruction and trade. In my view, this would lead to monetary imbalances over time if a substantial portion of the goods and services were transacted in IQD with an IQD value out of sync with it's real value leading to Iraqi and other country's monetary instabilities. If the reconstruction and economic development were transacted in a "closed economy" with USD, then the reconstruction and trade would be significantly dampened due to the periodic (week day) currency auctions. Sectarian violence could ensue due the impoverishment of the people with ramifications for pushing out the real implementation of the Iraqi economic reforms. So, I believe Iraq needs to move to an "open economy" where the currency transaction occur on a pico second (or less) basis throughout the week rather than once a day in Iraq exchanging IQD for USD to pay for items internationally on the five day work week. In this respect, my opinion is time is of the essence and the IQD revaluation would need to occur sooner (SURPRISE!!!) rather than later. Any monetary consequences from a "premature" revaluation of the IQD would be quickly paid for - and much more - with the huge amount of international investment, reconstruction, and trade that will ensue. I do not think the IQD revaluation is a "stand alone" event or activity and is tightly related to the huge magnitude of reconstruction and explosive Iraqi economic growth. To do this does require some to be implemented Iraqi laws, removal of corruption, terrorists eliminated, and modernizing of Iraq's banking and other necessary related items. Well, I think we can see most of this is in place so the time is getting better and better leading to a solid basis for the IQD revaluation (sooner rather than later).

I suspect sanctions against individuals, corporations, organizations, and countries regarding the IQD would be a big stick to deal with most digital forms of IQD. I may be wrong here but I do not think IQD can be had via blockchain/cryptocurrencies - yet. For the physical IQD out of country, the CBI and UST et al may have a pretty detailed and comprehensive knowledge of the serial numbers of the IQD in the hands of the terrorists and otherwise miscreant organizations/individuals. So, when these IQD are exchanged post IQD revaluation, the IQD could be confiscated and the entity doing the exchange questioned or arrested. This may be another reason taking the IQD off the street in Iraq is being pursued so that there is a di minimis amount of "corrupt IQD" on the streets and the perpetrators have already been charged and taken into custody.

Just my opinion and :twocents:

The Best Of Your Day To You, Botzwana, BlueSkyLine, and All DV! :tiphat:

And...........................

OH, YEAH, BABY.........................

Go, Go, Go Moola Nova!!!

:pirateship:

• Upvote 7

2 minutes ago, Rmc10 said:

Hopefully my serial numbers are good. I got all mine from Safe Dinar. Not advertising for them in any way but I'm hoping they got them from good means. I don't want my dinar confiscated from me when I turn them over to be exchanged. 

I could be wrong here but I suspect those IQD acquired through licensed and UST registered currency exchange entities have a high probability of being legitimately held since the screening out of "corrupt" or counterfeit IQD would have occurred prior to being distributed to the consumer and likely before the IQD hit the US. I kept all the paperwork on my currency transactions and have copies of the license/UST registry information from the currency exchange vendor's website. I intend to have this information on me at the exchange post event to avoid any concerns or delays with the exchange.

May be just me being cautious about the currency trail to avoid concern of any kind at the exchange. So, I also plan on holding these IQD and not rendering "change" to somebody who wants higher or lower denominations to avoid getting "corrupt" or counterfeit IQD.

The Top Of Your Day To You, RMC10! :tiphat:

Go Moola Nova!

• Upvote 3

1 minute ago, boosterbglee said:

Thanks for your analysis Synopsis! :tiphat: I'm getting in line right behind you when this deal breaks!  :pirateship:

............................when this deal breaks but it may not be breaking news :o   :o   :o while we are all scramblin' to put that stinkin' plan in place we have worked on and anticipated for so long (hey, pretty sure it'll be, "It's Show Time NOW DV Boys and Girls!!!")!!! :o   :o   :o

The Best Of Your Weekend To You, BoosterBGlee!!! :tiphat:

And.............................

Go Moola Nova!

• Upvote 2

7 hours ago, Synopsis said:

Just my opinion. I don't think the CBI, Iraq, or others programming/monitoring Iraq's monetary program would be overt in any significant changes in the IQD value relative to other currencies (i.e. the USD). Otherwise, those savvy in monetary affairs (even the vilely evil and nefarious?) would be able to speculate extensively and then manipulate the IQD revaluation program to promote their evil around the world if a likely IQD revaluation time period is calculable. We may be seeing Iran's hands in the pie in the Iraqi IQD for this reason. So, my opinion is the IQD revaluation would occur at a minimally predictable time. My opinion, too, is Iraq will need to have an established international value to the IQD prior to major reconstruction and trade. In my view, this would lead to monetary imbalances over time if a substantial portion of the goods and services were transacted in IQD with an IQD value out of sync with it's real value leading to Iraqi and other country's monetary instabilities. If the reconstruction and economic development were transacted in a "closed economy" with USD, then the reconstruction and trade would be significantly dampened due to the periodic (week day) currency auctions. Sectarian violence could ensue due the impoverishment of the people with ramifications for pushing out the real implementation of the Iraqi economic reforms. So, I believe Iraq needs to move to an "open economy" where the currency transaction occur on a pico second (or less) basis throughout the week rather than once a day in Iraq exchanging IQD for USD to pay for items internationally on the five day work week. In this respect, my opinion is time is of the essence and the IQD revaluation would need to occur sooner (SURPRISE!!!) rather than later. Any monetary consequences from a "premature" revaluation of the IQD would be quickly paid for - and much more - with the huge amount of international investment, reconstruction, and trade that will ensue. I do not think the IQD revaluation is a "stand alone" event or activity and is tightly related to the huge magnitude of reconstruction and explosive Iraqi economic growth. To do this does require some to be implemented Iraqi laws, removal of corruption, terrorists eliminated, and modernizing of Iraq's banking and other necessary related items. Well, I think we can see most of this is in place so the time is getting better and better leading to a solid basis for the IQD revaluation (sooner rather than later).

I suspect sanctions against individuals, corporations, organizations, and countries regarding the IQD would be a big stick to deal with most digital forms of IQD. I may be wrong here but I do not think IQD can be had via blockchain/cryptocurrencies - yet. For the physical IQD out of country, the CBI and UST et al may have a pretty detailed and comprehensive knowledge of the serial numbers of the IQD in the hands of the terrorists and otherwise miscreant organizations/individuals. So, when these IQD are exchanged post IQD revaluation, the IQD could be confiscated and the entity doing the exchange questioned or arrested. This may be another reason taking the IQD off the street in Iraq is being pursued so that there is a di minimis amount of "corrupt IQD" on the streets and the perpetrators have already been charged and taken into custody.

Just my opinion and :twocents:

The Best Of Your Day To You, Botzwana, BlueSkyLine, and All DV! :tiphat:

And...........................

OH, YEAH, BABY.........................

Go, Go, Go Moola Nova!!!

Thanks Synopsis, great analysis.:twothumbs:

• Upvote 1