Guest views are now limited to 12 pages. If you get an "Error" message, just sign in! If you need to create an account, click here.

• CRYPTO REWARDS!

Full endorsement on this opportunity - but it's limited, so get in while you can!

Angel on the Highway

Heavyduty053

I just had one of the most amazing experiences of my life, and I wanted to share it with my family over dinner. Iwas driving home from a meeting this evening a little after 5, got stuck in traffic on Colorado Blvd, and my car started to coke, sputter and then it just died. I barely managed to coast, cruising into a gas station, glad only that I would not be blocking traffic with horns blowing and people going crazy. At least  would have a warm spot inside to wait for the tow truck. My car was dead, wouldn't even turn over. Before I could make the call, I saw a woman walking out of the station and it looked like she slipped on some ice or something, holding her head and crying.  I walked over to see if I could help then I could see that she was crying like something was wrong. She was a young woman maybe in her twenties with dark circles under her eyes like she hadn't had any sleep. She dropped something as I helped her up and I picked it up and gave it to her, it was a nickel.

At that moment, everything came into focus for me, the crying woman, the ancient suburban crammed full of their things with 3 kids in the back with one in a car seat and her gas pump only reading $4.35. I asked her if she was ok and did she need help and she just kept saying, please Lord help me and don't let me kids see me crying. I told her to come over to the other side of the gas pump so we could talk. She said she was driving to California to where her family was and she had run out of money and things were hard for her right now.  said, "I heard you praying and the god lord heard you". She backed away from me just a little thinking was a crazy person, but I took my credit card out and swiped it s she could fill up with gas and while she was doing that I walked across the street to McDonalds and got to sacks full of food with drinks and some gift certificates for them and I big cup of coffee for her. Those kids tore into that food like wolves they were so hungry.

She told me her name, and that she was living in Kansas City until now. Her boyfriend who also was the kids daddy decided he didn't want a family life and left, leaving them without money or anything to get by. She knew she wouldn't have money to pay rent coming up so she so in desperation she called her parents with whom she hadn't spoken to in 5 years because her boyfriend wouldn't allow it and they told her to come to stay with them and make a life there and they would help her get back on her feet. So she packed all their things and headed out until she was almost out of gas.

I gave her my gloves and my heavier coat to help with the cold since it was winter, gave her a hug and said a quick prayer with her for their safety on the road. As I was walking over to my car, she said, "Are you like an angel or something?". This made me have tears running down my cheeks. I said, "Sweetie, at this time of year angels are really busy, so sometimes God uses regular people to do his work".

It was so incredible to be part of someone else's miracle. Low and behold when I got back to my car it started right up with no problem. I'll put it in the shop tomorrow for a check anyway, but I have a sneaky feeling the mechanic will not find anything wrong with it. Sometimes the angels fly close by and put that thought in your mind that someone close by needs your help. If we are needed and we respond then when we will be rewarded.

• Upvote 13

I ran across a family in Joplin in the summer of 08. At the loves truck stop on 44.

old rv 3 or 6 kids. mom and dad asking for gas money. 

I whipped out the ubiquitous credit card told them to fill up the tank walked over to hardies (burger joint) bought 2 dozen burgers and fries.

gave the food to them and walked away.

probably not very smart. At that time gas was around 4 bucks.

mrs muleslayer pointed out to me after I got home that most gas pumps stop at $75 dollars.

never did ask names or give names. Never did look at cc statement that month.

i also stopped volunteering "complete" info to the Mrs after that day.

bread on the water.

• Upvote 8

Matthew 6:2-4 (NASB)

“So when you give to the poor, do not sound a trumpet before you, as the hypocrites do in the synagogues and in the streets, so that they may be honored by men. Truly I say to you, they have their reward in full.But when you give to the poor, do not let your left hand know what your right hand is doing, so that your giving will be in secret; and your Father who sees what is done in secret will reward you.

• Upvote 8

You know, I had an experience in the mid 90s. I was driving in Mexico in a jealous rage over a mountain while it was pouring. Would have gone over the side of mountain and died except all of a sudden the vans engine started making a loud nose which made me lay off the gas. 10 minutes later off the mountain the noise disappeared and that van took us all the way back to Northern California without a hitch. Like I say, miracles happen everyday.

• Upvote 3

2 hours ago, Gypsygirl11 said:

You know, I had an experience in the mid 90s. I was driving in Mexico in a jealous rage over a mountain while it was pouring. Would have gone over the side of mountain and died except all of a sudden the vans engine started making a loud nose which made me lay off the gas. 10 minutes later off the mountain the noise disappeared and that van took us all the way back to Northern California without a hitch. Like I say, miracles happen everyday.

Yes that's what my mom says miracles happen every day

then I was born

she stopped saying that

dont know why

• Upvote 3

22 hours ago, Markinsa said:

Matthew 6:2-4 (NASB)

“So when you give to the poor, do not sound a trumpet before you, as the hypocrites do in the synagogues and in the streets, so that they may be honored by men. Truly I say to you, they have their reward in full.But when you give to the poor, do not let your left hand know what your right hand is doing, so that your giving will be in secret; and your Father who sees what is done in secret will reward you.

Dang! It is no longer a secret!

i outed myself!

jk.

Gee I wonder if I am from Laconia or Sparta 

• Upvote 1