Guest views are now limited to 12 pages. If you get an "Error" message, just sign in! If you need to create an account, click here.

• CRYPTO REWARDS!

Full endorsement on this opportunity - but it's limited, so get in while you can!

Abadi: Negotiations With The State Of Kuwait To Resolve The File Of Compensation !

yota691

Iraq recovers $ 131 million in funds held in the United Nations

Iraq recovers $ 131 million in funds held in the United Nations
Baghdad is expected to end the seventh item by the end of 2017

06 August 2017 03:31 PM

Directly said a spokesman for the Iraqi Ministry of Foreign Affairs Ahmed Jamal, had been restored funds retained by the United Nations according to the program "oil - for - food and medicine", citing Iraq news agency all informal. 

The recoveries amount to about $ 131 million, plus interest of 6 years. 

The statement pointed out that these funds were detained when he seized the "regime extinct" as described on the territory of Iraq, where the international organizations then some of them. 

According to the agency, Baghdad is expected to end all the burdens of Chapter VII by the end of this year. 

Chapter VII is one of the most important provisions of the Charter of the United Nations, entitled "Taking action in situations of threat, breach and aggression" of the peace, and has been used extensively since 1990 after the invasion of Kuwait by Iraqi forces. 

The most prominent of its uses is the decision issued against Iraq, which bore No. 678 dated April 3, 1991, containing 34 articles that placed Iraq under the said item, and became under the United States trusteeship according to the United Nations, and upon entering the latter Baghdad announced that in accordance with the UN resolution. 

Related Topics 

https://www.mubasher.info/news/3142810/العراق-يستعيد-131-مليون-دولار-أموالا-محتجزة-بالأمم-المتحدة?utm_source=feedburner&utm_medium=feed&utm_campaign=Feed%3A+ar%2FISX%2Fnews+(ISX+Arabic+News)

• Upvote 5

$131M is the total of oil sales on a good day (3,000,000 bpd x $45.00 per barrel = $135,000,000.00)

More of a symbolic gesture than a financial transfusion, IMHO. Thus my question;

If this $$$ was the final part of the UN Chapter 7 and has been released to Iraq, shouldn't Iraq be moving / moved into UN Chapter 8 ??

The checklist doesn't appear to be getting longer, it's just taking longer than we thought / want to complete.

Semper Fi :salute:

GO RV :backflip:

• Upvote 1

4 minutes ago, gregp said:

I just wet my pants!!!!

Wow!!!!

:cigar::moneybag:

Thanks Thuggs!!!!!!

Dang!!     

Depends................Depends GregP.........................we all need to keep our ample stock of Depends handy....................

:o   :o   :o

Go Moola Nova!

:pirateship:

• Upvote 4

1 minute ago, Synopsis said:

Depends................Depends GregP.........................we all need to keep our ample stock of Depends handy....................

:o   :o   :o

Go Moola Nova!

:pirateship:

I'm going to be crotch soaked in the bank line. Dripping Rich! :lol:

• Upvote 4

28 minutes ago, NEPatriotsFan1 said:

I'm still in the Dominican trying to figure out a way not to leave!!! An RV would almost do the trick I think...... Chapter 7 please finish so we can move on🙏🍀🍀

I recently got back from Punta Cana and if it RV's you can bet I'll be there awhile.

• Upvote 2