Guest views are now limited to 12 pages. If you get an "Error" message, just sign in! If you need to create an account, click here.

• CRYPTO REWARDS!

Full endorsement on this opportunity - but it's limited, so get in while you can!

Abadi: Negotiations With The State Of Kuwait To Resolve The File Of Compensation !

yota691

12 minutes ago, jcfrag said:

Chapter 7 is pretty much done...

pretty safe bet to say Slept 30 end of the year! Looks like 140 and HCL are truly all that is left. I can't help but wonder if all the money they have been loaning Iraq was actually their own money. Just considered a loan till they passed the finish line and and received the 131 million minus money that was actually advanced to them.... Honestly, why would they loan them money when The UN was sitting on all that USD?

:wacko:

What if the HCL and 140 are in the UNs sights right now?

Agreed Mr. Frag,

I cannot think of a better way to throw off the currency speculators combined with their never ending postponements.

Misdirection, very possibly.

• Upvote 1

3 hours ago, Rmc10 said:

LB if that is all that's all your list now that's great. I remember at the beginning of the year your list was still pretty long. 

Rmc10, Iraq is moving forward in all fronts 

Since the liberation of Mosul we have seen a sense of urgency to get things done.

Almost everyday we can see a CBI announcement.... They are getting the whole banking system ready for what is coming.

:twocents::twothumbs:

• Upvote 10

11 hours ago, yota691 said:

Secretariat of the United Nations regarding the completion of Iraq's obligations relating to his release from Chapter VII "He said.

The Spokesman pointed out that "it is expected by the end of this year to end all the burdens of the decisions of Chapter VII borne by Iraq because of the acts committed by the former regime of policies and foes that have tied Iraq's money and led to its detention by international organizations."

The big question is: with the release of this fund ~ is Iraq still under chapter 7?

We all know, the one and only reason why this fund was held and managed by the UN all these years was Chapter 7.

So......why release the money if Iraq is still under Chapter 7?

Edited by zul
  • Upvote 7

2 hours ago, Botzwana said:

Because once again many are misinterpreting the article.  The article does NOT say they will be removed by chapter 7 by the end of the year.  It says the burdens of being under chapter 7.. its very tricky wording, but not negative or kicking the can down the road in any way.

"regarding the completion of Iraq's obligations related to his departure from Iraq Of Chapter VII. "
"It is expected by the end of this year to end all the burdens of the decisions of Chapter VII borne by Iraq because of the acts committed by the former regime of policies and follies that tied Iraq's money and led to the detention of international organizations." 

If you break down that section line by line, you'll notice in the first sentence it says "completion of Iraq's obligations related to his departure from Iraq out of Chapter 7" .

The next section is what people are misinterpreting...

"It is expected by the end of this year to end all the burdens of the decisions of Chapter VII borne by Iraq because of the acts committed by the former regime of policies and follies that tied Iraq's money and led to the detention of international organizations." 

It speaks of by the end of the year all the burdens associated with chapter 7 will be gone... Not chapter 7 itself because it's already gone per first sentence in the article.

Not my comment but good nonetheless-

Interesting & thoughtful breakdown Botzwana - thanx  :tiphat:

• Upvote 4

5 hours ago, jcfrag said:

Chapter 7 is pretty much done...

pretty safe bet to say Slept 30 end of the year! Looks like 140 and HCL are truly all that is left. I can't help but wonder if all the money they have been loaning Iraq was actually their own money. Just considered a loan till they passed the finish line and and received the 131 million minus money that was actually advanced to them.... Honestly, why would they loan them money when The UN was sitting on all that USD?

:wacko:

What if the HCL and 140 are in the UNs sights right now?

" What if the HCL and 140 are in the UN's sights right now? "  My :twocents: - Target acquired, it's in the Cross Hairs. ;)

• Upvote 6

10 minutes ago, Texstorm said:

Thanks Yota , 10y and Botzwana ! I pray that tomorrow is our day....... everyday !

Botzwana peeled back the verbiage and unearthed a real nugget -

Sometimes when we " read "these articles a knee jerk reaction ensues. rather than reading what the true meaning of the language construct of the article is actually telling us. I'm guilty of this from time to time. I'm slowing down from here on out and give these articles a complete going over.  

• Upvote 6

6 minutes ago, 10 YEARS LATER said:

Botzwana peeled back the verbiage and unearthed a real nugget -

Sometimes when we " read "these articles a knee jerk reaction ensues. rather than reading what the true meaning of the language construct of the article is actually telling us. I'm guilty of this from time to time. I'm slowing down from here on out and give these articles a complete going over.  

Yes he did brother ! We are all in the same boat or we wouldn't be here ! God Bless !

• Upvote 3

31 minutes ago, 10 YEARS LATER said:

Pretty BIG boat huh . . . It's good folks catch things others miss. Reels us back in; thank goodness for people and perspective. :tiphat:

Thank goodness for you , I have read your post for more than 4 years now, we that are here are all in the same boat ! Nothing gets by DV ! Stay thirsty friends !

Edited by Texstorm
  • Upvote 1

57 minutes ago, Texstorm said:

Thank goodness for you , I have read your post for more than 4 years now, we that are here are all in the same boat ! Nothing gets by DV ! Stay thirsty friends !

Kind words indeed Texstorm - much appreciated. You are so right - Folks here " Got Your Back " :twothumbs:

Thirsty for a Scotch & Soda but it's quite late. Save that for tomorrow evening when the Dogs & I play Poker.

Boys night in and the Wife's night out, God Bless her.  

• Upvote 2

On 8/3/2017 at 11:21 PM, Texstorm said:

Hi i don't post a lot but you're right 10 people here got your back there a great group love the DV's

• Upvote 2

Likely, some of these CH7 claims against the former regime will be kicked into touch as they lack proof, others could be settled for pennies on the dollar. Either way, sounds like a Chapter 7 out of bankruptcy? That title for the international process might just be a coincidence? 

http://www.uscourts.gov/services-forms/bankruptcy/bankruptcy-basics/chapter-7-bankruptcy-basics

• Upvote 2

On 8/3/2017 at 4:26 PM, zul said:

The big question is: with the release of this fund ~ is Iraq still under chapter 7?

We all know, the one and only reason why this fund was held and managed by the UN all these years was Chapter 7.

So......why release the money if Iraq is still under Chapter 7?

Zul, I agree with your speculation.  The UN mandate deals with humanitarian needs, electoral validity, and government support primarily. What I believe is the lynch pin now is the IMF and the mission of Iraq's 100% membership:

https://www.imf.org/external/pubs/ft/aa/

Article I: Purposes

The purposes of the International Monetary Fund are:

• (i) To promote international monetary cooperation through a permanent institution which provides the machinery for consultation and collaboration on international monetary problems.

• (ii) To facilitate the expansion and balanced growth of international trade, and to contribute thereby to the promotion and maintenance of high levels of employment and real income and to the development of the productive resources of all members as primary objectives of economic policy.

• (iii) To promote exchange stability, to maintain orderly exchange arrangements among members, and to avoid competitive exchange depreciation.

• (iv) To assist in the establishment of a multilateral system of payments in respect of current transactions between members and in the elimination of foreign exchange restrictions which hamper the growth of world trade.

• (v) To give confidence to members by making the general resources of the Fund temporarily available to them under adequate safeguards, thus providing them with opportunity to correct maladjustments in their balance of payments without resorting to measures destructive of national or international prosperity.

Seems to me that Iraq just received its latest set of marching orders from the IMF at the last review, and are set for another review in September. That's a pretty short time frame, so there can't be too much do accomplish. We have to remember that the World Bank and IMF both sit under the umbrella of the UN, and will have been working in concert with our US Treasury to make strides in all areas of Iraq for over a decade.

I am not so sure about UN's Chapter 8 (can find anything on C8 that refers to economic liberation or currency restrictions, but please correct me if I am wrong), but the IMF's Articles tell us where Iraq is headed, and without the IMF's acceptance Iraq's currency is going no where (believe it or not the Articles are enlightening and show us how complex this currency revaluation is because of the world-wide system the IMF has installed to maintain a healthy economic world: https://www.imf.org/external/pubs/ft/aa/

Just my two cents from a Camel in a Burka with Bling.

• Upvote 9

On August 3, 2017 at 8:06 PM, Botzwana said:

Because once again many are misinterpreting the article.  The article does NOT say they will be removed by chapter 7 by the end of the year.  It says the burdens of being under chapter 7.. its very tricky wording, but not negative or kicking the can down the road in any way.

"regarding the completion of Iraq's obligations related to his departure from Iraq Of Chapter VII. "

If you break down that section line by line, you'll notice in the first sentence it says "completion of Iraq's obligations related to his departure from Iraq out of Chapter 7" .

The next section is what people are misinterpreting...

It speaks of by the end of the year all the burdens associated with chapter 7 will be gone... Not chapter 7 itself because it's already gone per first sentence in the article.

Not my comment but good nonetheless-

Great job Botzwana, surprise what a shot of tequila  can do for the brain.   :twothumbs:

• Upvote 2