Guest views are now limited to 12 pages. If you get an "Error" message, just sign in! If you need to create an account, click here.

• CRYPTO REWARDS!

Full endorsement on this opportunity - but it's limited, so get in while you can!

Will This Put The RV On Hold Until 2018 Or Later???

Luigi1

Luigi asks...

Could a call for for early Provincial & Council elections derail the RV?

A news story but treat as a rumor.

Not verified. Your opine.

5 Aug 2017    IQD CHAT UPDATE, 5 AUGUST...BobS: 08/05/2017 0:00 Sadr looms the intervention of UN in the elections .. and calls to confine arms to the state of Baghdad / morning matched the political and popular, agreed on the need to choose a new Council of Independent High Electoral Commission of views, and to reconsider the election law , which parliament voted on the part of its paragraphs.

While confirmed the three presidencies, the importance of choosing a new board of the Electoral Commission, the Presidency of the Parliament held today, a meeting to consider the law of provincial councils elections.

This comes at a time, which described the leader of the Sadrist movement, Muqtada al - Sadr, the adoption of the provincial council elections , as the current law as " the death of the aspirations of the people and their aspirations for reform."

• Upvote 7
  • Downvote 7

here's another article related to the above...

8-5-2017   Newshound/Intel Guru Mnt Goat   Article:  "Reuters: Iraqi general sees easy victory over exhausted IS fighters in Tal Afar"  Just so you know, I am not presenting this article because I believe that once ISIS is gone from Tal Afar or from Iraq in general, that the CBI will automatically trigger some RV. I did not believe that once Mosul was liberated it would RV.  ...there is much more to do prior to getting to the level of SECURITY needed. Let’s also think about the needed STABILITY which is getting the new Iraqi constitution “fully” implemented.  We just have to wait and watch the saga play out and hope that nothing HUGE happens along the way to disturb the process. We also see the 2018 elections coming up in the horizon and once again we have to be cautious that they RV prior to this timeframe...

• Upvote 7
  • Downvote 8

For years we have been hearing the reports of dancing and fireworks and camel races celebrating the RV, all these signs are a load of hogwash, the secret handshakes and innuendos, the economists takes are all just posturing for a country that is manipulating the world economic climate to favor them like any other country does.

I worked with Arabic people for several years and I can tell you this about the way this will go down.

When you see them crying in the streets saying, all is lost, all is lost, THEN we are on the verge of an RV.

That's my half a wit's worth!

• Upvote 2

here's another article that may suggest Iraq is not ready.

8-7-2017  Newshound Guru Breitling  A lot of people are talking about the IMF.  Don’t read into this hype.  What the IMF is doing is they gave loans to Iraq.  The reality is the IMF is making sure that the money is fine and if they get to a situation where they are mismanaging and they can’t pay the IMF back for the loans…the IMF gets management rights.  That’s it.  And guess what?  Iraq has not even been close to being at that stage.  They pay their bills.  They have plenty of money to pay their bills.  It has nothing to do with if it’s going to revalue tomorrow or an indicator.  Everyone get’s loans.  I know millionaires who get loans.

• Upvote 4
  • Downvote 4

here's another article related to the above...

8-7-2017   Intel/Newshound Guru tman23   A few questions...  Why the "sup" budget for 2017?  Why does it appear to be initiated in Sept/Oct... Why Meet on it again in September along with the Budget for 2018 that is already figured and "must be approved by IMF board"...when the IMF board appears to be the drafters of the 2018 budget...  Iraq Banking Laws...  Domestic Banks in Iraq year starts Jan 1 and ends Dec 3...Thus we can see reasoning why they would start the NEW accounting at the start of the New Year...  The sup budget appears to be the "start of a new era"...A primer per se'...And from 2018 on...New accounting methods will be used in Iraq...In other words NO MORE 3 ZEROS...

• Upvote 3
  • Downvote 3

here's another article that suggests the RV may be in 2018...

8-7-2017   Newshound Guru Kaperoni   Article:   "Keywords confirms the existence of a large and promising role for the private sector in the next phase"  

It seems very matter of fact that  between now and end of the year  they will open the banking system to facilitate investors/investment. I cannot see how they could achieve a private sector without doing so. 

This article states two things very clearly, "next stage" and "activating the investment side."   One has to come to a reasonable conclusion that  "next stage" means within 6 months. 

And "activating the investment side" means the banking sector simply because investment is not possible without it

I think we should look for significant changes from the CBI by end of year if not sooner.

• Upvote 3
  • Downvote 3

here's another article that suggests the RV is not ready any time soon.

8-8-2017   Newshound Guru Islandg1211    Moody's came out over the weekend with a C+ credit rating for Iraq based on a number of factors. The report published by Moody's makes no reference to Iraq's currency nor Article VIII nor the UN Chapter VII sanctions. Mosul is liberated. Tal Afir, Iraq and Raqqa, Syria are not. Tal Afir is surrounded and the invasion plans completed and will only take a few weeks. Raqqa is about half done, but not ready for the full scale door-to-door invasion. That will happen this Fall. I DON'T BELIEVE THAT THE RV IS GOING TO BE DELAYED until after Tel Afar and Raqqa is completely done. I believe that they see the end of ISIS holding towns is in sight. Trump accelerated the removal of ISIS, but Baghdad is going to have to negotiate an Oil and Gas law without giving in to Barzani. What he is doing is not Constitutional. 

• Upvote 4
  • Downvote 3

here's another article that suggests no RV any time soon...

8-12-2017  Intel Guru Frank26   Allow me to say this:   As i opinionated...No RV in August.  Said i STUDY 21st of August and then...September 1st to the 10th.   [WHY WILL YOU OR [Guru] DELTA NOT SHARE WITH US...WHAT WAS IN THE  SPEECH?]  Because i can Not...Yet.  The net does not even know nor talks of it...In fact tomorrow there is a big meeting few know about.

• Upvote 3
  • Downvote 3

here's another articlerelated to the above...

The Rat is concerned. The 1st quarter starts 1 Sep. If it don't go by then, 2017 may be off the table.

8-15-2017   Intel Guru RayRat...    [If this doesn’t happen in August, will it go to 2018.]  If

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

17 Aug 2017  Tman23...

It has been reported that the coalition will begin construction at the start of 2018…

It is also when I suspect they will lift the 3 zeros at the start of they year, and by their words, this is when the fiscal year begins with banks and is the appropriate time for accounting purposes…

Add those 2 scenarios together…

• Downvote 1

16 hours ago, Luigi1 said:

17 Aug 2017  Tman23...

It has been reported that the coalition will begin construction at the start of 2018…

Cities have to be rebuilt and RUNNING first.
(But it's not unreasonable to pay the loads of Indian and Phillipino
construction workers in New Money whatever that may be.)

Edited by MisterNope
  • Downvote 1