Guest views are now limited to 12 pages. If you get an "Error" message, just sign in! If you need to create an account, click here.

• CRYPTO REWARDS!

Full endorsement on this opportunity - but it's limited, so get in while you can!

IRAQI KURDISTAN’S ERBIL AIRPORT SIGNS DEAL WITH LUFTHANSA FOR UPGRADE PROJECTS

Wiljor

Iraq, July 30, 2017 

Erbil International Airport (EIA) in Iraqi Kurdistan has signed a contract with a German company as it revives a plan for updates to the airport that was shelved because of the outbreak of the Islamic State IS war and the Kurdistan Region’s financial crisis.

The contract with Lufthansa Consulting, “will secure for the airport key expertise across a range of airport disciplines from project management, through planning, design, cargo, security and safety,” read a press release from EIA on Thursday.

The airport will begin four projects this fall to upgrade facilities in advance of anticipated increased traffic through the airport, including cargo.

First is repairs to the terminal roof and other infrastructure, including the airfield. This will be done by Makyol Construction, which had done the initial construction of the runway and terminal buildings. The cost of the repairs was not detailed in EIA’s statement.

Anticipating increased passenger and cargo traffic, EIA will spend $6.5 million on a four million gallon fuel storage facility that, “once complete will offer greater resilience to the airport’s ability to operate in event of fuel shortages,” the airport announced.

They will also begin a $7 million dollar water treatment project needed to accommodate increased passenger numbers and the presence of US and anti-ISIS coalition forces at the airport.

EIA will also spend $17.5 million on landscaping.

“The expertise that Lufthansa Consulting can bring is essential as we seek to develop and expand infrastructure and services at EIA,” said the airports General Director Talar Faiq. “Managing projects, keeping them on time and to budget is a vital part of developing Kurdistan’s gateway to the world.”

The first plane landed at Erbil Airport on December 15, 2003, home to the world’s tenth-longest runway, according to EIA. The airport was built on a former military airfield as an important “gateway” to the world for the landlocked region.

Lufthansa Consulting’s Catrin Drawer said her company was “honoured” to develop EIA’s masterplan in 2014, before the projects were put on hold, and they “look forward to supporting EIA and the KRG [Kurdistan Regional Government] with expert resources as they seek to manage a range of complex projects across the airport site to upgrade the infrastructure and services for further business development and attracting potential investors.”

ekurd

http://iraqdailyjournal.com/story-z15673864

• Upvote 5

I read an initial press release on a deal between Iraq and Lufthansa back in 2008/2009. However, it only mentioned that there was a plan to make Baghdad International Airport a major gateway to Europe. Just as 10 YEARS LATER, I also have flown with Lufthansa and never once been disappointed. The deal in this article goes far and beyond anything mentioned before. I've been keeping my eyes open for this to come to the forefront. 

This ride is truly coming to an end......Ladies and Gentlemen, Thank you for riding with

DV........we hope you have enjoyed your ride here. Please fasten your seatbelts as we prepare to land. We hope you will remain a loyal customer (VIP, would be a very great upgrade for all).

Disclaimer: No, I don't personally know Adam, but I believe that the VIP upgrade is as great of a deal as they come when it comes to protecting your assets. 

I'm not a pumper or guru but believe it or don't many will wish they had just made the minimum investment in VIP when this Oil Keg blows......

just my two cents. 

• Upvote 8

15 hours ago, Flamtap said:

I read an initial press release on a deal between Iraq and Lufthansa back in 2008/2009. However, it only mentioned that there was a plan to make Baghdad International Airport a major gateway to Europe. Just as 10 YEARS LATER, I also have flown with Lufthansa and never once been disappointed. The deal in this article goes far and beyond anything mentioned before. I've been keeping my eyes open for this to come to the forefront. 

This ride is truly coming to an end......Ladies and Gentlemen, Thank you for riding with

DV........we hope you have enjoyed your ride here. Please fasten your seatbelts as we prepare to land. We hope you will remain a loyal customer (VIP, would be a very great upgrade for all).

Disclaimer: No, I don't personally know Adam, but I believe that the VIP upgrade is as great of a deal as they come when it comes to protecting your assets. 

I'm not a pumper or guru but believe it or don't many will wish they had just made the minimum investment in VIP when this Oil Keg blows......

just my two cents. 

Well stated Flamtap, I concur :twothumbs:

• Upvote 3

19 hours ago, 10 YEARS LATER said:

LUFTHANSA is a heavy hitter - quite a professional & savvy bunch. I've flown with them on numerous occasions over the decades. I have  NEVER  been disappointed. THIS IS A VERY BIG DEAL for the Kurds.

Same here, top of the line.  Definitely a :twothumbs: :twothumbs:

• Upvote 3

16 hours ago, Flamtap said:

just my two cents. 

Like it and that is my two Pfennig.  :lol:

• Upvote 1

16 hours ago, Flamtap said:

just my two cents. 

HERE!! HERE!!  It is /was a bumpy ride with good people of course.  :lol: Oh I don't know anybody either. 

• Upvote 4
  • Downvote 1

16 minutes ago, alreis said:

Food for thought. So, with another big player throwing there hat in the ring, for rebuilding Iraq, what happens if they dont RV before the work starts?

Do they start working and get paid in dollars or request dinar?

nope not the plan

paid in canadian dollars

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

On 7/29/2017 at 11:50 AM, DinarThug said:

http://iraqdailyjournal.com/st.....-z15667829

ANTICIPATING INCREASED TRAFFIC, ERBIL AIRPORT SIGNS DEAL FOR UPGRADE PROJECTS

29th July, 2017

Erbil International Airport (EIA) has signed a contract with a German company as it revives a plan for updates to the airport that was shelved because of the outbreak of the ISIS war and the Region’s financial crisis.

The contract with Lufthansa Consulting, “will secure for the airport key expertise across a range of airport disciplines from project management, through planning, design, cargo, security and safety,” read a press release from EIA on Thursday.

The airport will begin four projects this fall to upgrade facilities in advance of anticipated increased traffic through the airport, including cargo.

First is repairs to the terminal roof and other infrastructure, including the airfield. This will be done by Makyol Construction, which had done the initial construction of the runway and terminal buildings. The cost of the repairs was not detailed in EIA’s statement.

Anticipating increased passenger and cargo traffic, EIA will spend $6.5 million on a four million gallon fuel storage facility that, “once complete will offer greater resilience to the airport’s ability to operate in event of fuel shortages,” the airport announced.

They will also begin a $7 million dollar water treatment project needed to accommodate increased passenger numbers and the presence of US and anti-ISIS coalition forces at the airport.

EIA will also spend $17.5 million on landscaping.

“The expertise that Lufthansa Consulting can bring is essential as we seek to develop and expand infrastructure and services at EIA,” said the airports General Director Talar Faiq. “Managing projects, keeping them on time and to budget is a vital part of developing Kurdistan’s gateway to the world.”

The first plane landed at Erbil Airport on December 15, 2003, home to the world’s tenth-longest runway, according to EIA. The airport was built on a former military airfield as an important “gateway” to the world for the landlocked region.

Lufthansa Consulting’s Catrin Drawer said her company was “honoured” to develop EIA’s masterplan in 2014, before the projects were put on hold, and they “look forward to supporting EIA and the KRG [Kurdistan Regional Government] with expert resources as they seek to manage a range of complex projects across the airport site to upgrade the infrastructure and services for further business development and attracting potential investors.”

• Upvote 3