Guest views are now limited to 12 pages. If you get an "Error" message, just sign in! If you need to create an account, click here.

• CRYPTO REWARDS!

Full endorsement on this opportunity - but it's limited, so get in while you can!

Delta - THE NEW PICTURES ON THE CBI MIGHT BE THE LD'S ...ONE OF THEM WE KNOW IS 500 DINAR !

DinarThug

8-1-2017   Intel Guru Delta   On July 26th you said...that... "...When you know the LD's are about to come out...we'll see the rate first."and again...

"The IMF told the GOI to lift the restrictions. 

All they need is the rate. 

They need the rate BEFORE the LD's." 

Question: Were you talking IYO about any rate (which could be used within Iraq ONLY)

or the "TRUE RATE" (an international rate, Forex, etc. type)?

TRUE RATE...INTERNATIONAL!

Edited by DinarThug
  • Upvote 4

8-1-2017   Intel Guru Delta    More confirmation that the LD’s are printed. 

May & June documents...looks like they have profit/loss...and in the expenses...a “new currency.” 

In May I believe they issued those notes.  

About 4 Million + 5 Million dollars was spent on printing...then in June, more printing. 

Whatever they printed wasn’t that much – so could the rate be higher than what we expected...or are they planning on more eDinars? 

It’s possible that we may see the rate higher than 1-to-1.   

Up until now, we haven’t had any proof – but now it looks like we have confirmation that they have been printed. 

We will have 1 and 2 dinar coins. 

I found this to be very, very exciting. 

They are about to do it.  We are really very close. 

This information is NOT on the English site...  

I believe that we are really, really close based on this information. 

They might really pull the trigger after they return from the IMF meeting.

Edited by DinarThug
  • Upvote 9

8-1-2017   Intel Guru Delta    Iraq wants to attract investors. 

As you know...words like “in the coming days” and “soon” don’t mean much.  LOL.  

They said that in order to attract investors, they must change the exchange rate.  

They told them...the board of directors...they will consider...basically Iraq is all ready to go

As soon as they go to the IMF and come back – we are expecting to see great things.

The IMF already told Iraq what they need to do.

There is no point in showing up unless they have those things done. 

Iraq must meet the demands of the IMF. 

They need to show the TRUE rate.

Edited by DinarThug
  • Upvote 7

28 minutes ago, DinarThug said:

8-1-2017   Intel Guru Delta    Iraq wants to attract investors. 

As you know...words like “in the coming days” and “soon” don’t mean much.  LOL.  

They said that in order to attract investors, they must change the exchange rate.  

They told them...the board of directors...they will consider...basically Iraq is all ready to go

As soon as they go to the IMF and come back – we are expecting to see great things.

The IMF already told Iraq what they need to do.

There is no point in showing up unless they have those things done. 

Iraq must meet the demands of the IMF. 

They need to show the TRUE rate.

well today would be a good day to show us

• Upvote 5

7-31-2017   Newshound Guru Enorrste   Article:  "Hakim meets with Governor of the Central Bank of the economic reality and the reconstruction of the liberated areas"  

What is clear to us all is that nothing of any consequence is going to happen without large foreign investment.

The damage is too great.  

Furthermore, foreign investment won't occur unless the dinar is internationally accepted.  

Therefore it appears clear to me that they are preparing to open the dinar to the world.

Edited by DinarThug
  • Upvote 9

Update From Delta ...

OK FAMILY THERE IS THE LINK THAT I TALKED ABOUT. THE CBI DID ADD IT  IN ENGLISH TODAY......... WHEN YOU CLICK ON LINK YOU WILL SEE ..CURRENCY ISSUANCE EXPENSES FROM MAY 31ST, TO JUNE 30TH

CAN I HAVE A NEW RATE NOW!!!rolling-on-the-floor-laughing-smiley-emoticon_gif 

Financial Situation Tables for June 2017

000041medium_gif

fireworkes_gif

DELTA

• Upvote 7

On 8/1/2017 at 0:30 PM, DinarThug said:

8-1-2017   Intel Guru Delta    More confirmation that the LD’s are printed. 

May & June documents...looks like they have profit/loss...and in the expenses...a “new currency.” 

In May I believe they issued those notes.  

About 4 Million + 5 Million dollars was spent on printing...then in June, more printing. 

Whatever they printed wasn’t that much – so could the rate be higher than what we expected...or are they planning on more eDinars? 

It’s possible that we may see the rate higher than 1-to-1.   

Up until now, we haven’t had any proof – but now it looks like we have confirmation that they have been printed. 

We will have 1 and 2 dinar coins. 

I found this to be very, very exciting. 

They are about to do it.  We are really very close. 

This information is NOT on the English site...  

I believe that we are really, really close based on this information. 

They might really pull the trigger after they return from the IMF meeting.

What site? Google Translate is a thing, and I don't know about you, but I would like to see some proof of these statements... :eyebrows:

• Upvote 2

5 minutes ago, ChuckFinley said:

Thanks for the post ladies and gentlemen .  Do not make it over year. Pretty informative. :twothumbs:

Good Evening young fella !! Hope your day was uber awesome !!

I sense we are getting ready to rush the finish line and score our long awaited touchdown !!

pp

• Upvote 3

9 minutes ago, pokerplayer said:

Good Evening young fella !! Hope your day was uber awesome !!

I sense we are getting ready to rush the finish line and score our long awaited touchdown !!

pp

I was an uber day, big project done. Also realized that I am ready for a touchdown .  

• Upvote 2

Post By Delta ...

FROM ABADI :

Iraq restoring its economic standing000068medium_gif internationally and increasing confidence000068medium_gif in its financial and financing transactions!!!

استعادة العراق مكانته الاقتصادية على المستوى الدولي وزيادة الثقة بتعاملاته المالية والتمويلية

000041medium_gifbig-dancing-banana-smiley-emoticon_giffireworkes_gif

DELTA

• Upvote 6

Confirmation From Grand Funk Master Yota In The News Section ! :o 

:D  :D  :D 

4 hours ago, yota691 said:

Iraq announces the restoration of 131 million dollars of its assets held by the United Nations

Political

Since 2017-08-03 at 14:16 (Baghdad time)

%D8%A7%D9%84%D8%AE%D8%A7%D8%B1%D8%AC%D9%

Baghdad Mawazine News

The Ministry of Foreign Affairs announced on Thursday the recovery of Iraqi funds detained by the United Nations under the oil program for food and medicine, pointing out that the value of 131 million dollars.

"The Iraqi funds seized by the United Nations under the $ 131 million oil-for-food and medicine program have been recovered, along with the benefits for six years," ministry spokesman Ahmad Jamal said in a statement received by Mawazine News.

Jamal added that "this was done after the ministry was authorized by the Council of Ministers and with the support system" rel="">support of the Prime Minister and the contribution of the General Secretariat of the Council of Ministers to negotiate the latest commitments related to this program through two rounds of negotiations with the Secretariat of the United Nations regarding the completion of Iraq's obligations relating to his release from Chapter VII "He said.

The Spokesman pointed out that "it is expected by the end of this year to end all the burdens of the decisions of Chapter VII borne by Iraq because of the acts committed by the former regime of policies and foes that have tied Iraq's money and led to its detention by international organizations."

B)  B) 

• Upvote 7

@DinarThugBased upon the link you shared, do know if there is a statement from the previous year with Currency Issuance Expenses? it would be interesting to see if this is a monthly cost (around $400K) for around a $5 million annual cost and if it changed a lot between years? Could this just an ongoing currency maintenance cost?

However, and it is a huuuuuge, however, what is that tasty looking Expense line "Revaluation for Current Year" below the Currency Issue Expense line under Expenses?

I am not an accountant, so I am not sure the function of this particular entry on the ledger. I would like to speculate, but don't like the taste of false illusions I create from uninformed speculation--even if it looks like a duck and quacks like a duck. ;)  Thoughts?

Edited by bkeiller
Quote added (DTs link).
  • Upvote 2

1 hour ago, bkeiller said:

@DinarThugBased upon the link you shared, do know if there is a statement from the previous year with Currency Issuance Expenses? it would be interesting to see if this is a monthly cost (around $400K) for around a $5 million annual cost and if it changed a lot between years? Could this just an ongoing currency maintenance cost?

However, and it is a huuuuuge, however, what is that tasty looking Expense line "Revaluation for Current Year" below the Currency Issue Expense line under Expenses?

I am not an accountant, so I am not sure the function of this particular entry on the ledger. I would like to speculate, but don't like the taste of false illusions I create from uninformed speculation--even if it looks like a duck and quacks like a duck. ;)  Thoughts?

Out of curiosity, I whipped out some Google-fu. It's possible it is referring to gold revaluation.

See the 2014 financial statement: https://www.cbi.iq/documents/financial_statement-en.2014.pdf

Central Bank of Iraq

Statement of comprehensive income

For the year ended 31 December                             In millions of IQD      Note          2014              2013

Revenues

Interest income                                                                                           24             329,490         443,901

Interest expense                                                                                         25             (70,922)        (193,957)

Net interest income                                                                                                      258,568        249,944

Net fee and commission income                                                                26             1,236,292      1,466,354

Losses on revaluation of gold reserves                                                23              (200,066)      (532,684)

(Losses) gains on translation of foreign currency                                                        (2,683,004)   1,190,581

Other income                                                                                                                3,297            75,550

Net (losses) profits from operations                                                                             (1,384,913)    2,449,745

Ditto on 2011: https://www.cbi.iq/documents/financial_statement2011_f.pdf

I'm not 100% positive about this, but the only "revaluation" that appears on the 2011/2014 statement does specifically refer to gold, not currency. However, the templates are also completely different from the 2017 one (far more comprehensive and covering a year instead of a month) so perhaps the 2017 doc is an informal version of the final financial statements to come. Since the ones I linked are for the year and the one from @DinarThug was only for May-June 2017, maybe at a later time we'll see one with more of an explanation, as per the other financial statements from prior years.

• Upvote 1

@RJ45 Cheers. Nice research. Is gold a different category than currency?

My mind was working overtime on the 2016 ledger entry considering it a stash (+) as an expense -(neg) to buy back/rv the currency, but I think this is a flight of fancy.

Cheers for the research!

Edited by bkeiller
clarity
  • Upvote 1

@bkeiller, thanks! 

It's hard to say with the layout of the 2017 doc. It's completely different from the way the 2011/2014 ones are laid out (they are far more comprehensive, with pages of definitions included), and Thug's link only covers 1 month, not 1 year, of financials. I wish I could say for sure one way or the other, but it's unclear given the current layout.

want to believe that it refers to costs of revaluing their own currency (can't be cheap with printing of new lower denoms and such) but the wording on that doc is too generic to say for sure.

• Upvote 2

From Delta ...

HELLO FAMILY:

THIS IS AN EXAMPLE OF TANZANIA WHEN THEY DID ACCEPTS ARTICLE VIII BACK ON 1996. THE PRESS RELEASE CAME OUT ON JULY 25, 1996, BUT THE AFFECTIVE DATE WAS JULY 15,1996. SO THE IMF WERE NOTIFIED 10 DAYS BEFORE THE PRESS RELEASE.  000041medium_gif

Press Release: Tanzania Accepts Article VIII Obligations

July 25, 1996

The Government of Tanzania has notified the International Monetary Fund (IMF) that it has accepted the obligations of Article VIII, Sections 2, 3, and 4 of the IMF Articles of Agreement, with effect from July 15, 1996. IMF members accepting the obligations of Article VIII undertake to refrain from imposing restrictions on the making of payments and transfers for current international transactions or from engaging in discriminatory currency arrangements or multiple currency practices without IMF approval. A total of 130 countries have now assumed Article VIII status.

Two of the purposes of the IMF, as stated in its Articles of Agreement, are to facilitate the expansion and balanced growth of international trade, and thereby to contribute to the promotion and maintenance of high levels of employment and real income; and to assist in the establishment of a multilateral system of payments in respect of current transactions between IMF members. In seeking to achieve these objectives, the IMF exercises firm surveillance over the exchange rate policies of its members, and oversees the elimination of exchange restrictions which hamper the growth of world trade.

By accepting the obligations of Article VIII, Tanzania gives confidence to the international community that it will pursue sound economic policies that will obviate the need to use restrictions on the making of payments and transfers for current international transactions, and thereby contribute to a multilateral payments system free of restrictions.

DELTA

• Upvote 6
  • Downvote 1