Guest views are now limited to 12 pages. If you get an "Error" message, just sign in! If you need to create an account, click here.

• CRYPTO REWARDS!

Full endorsement on this opportunity - but it's limited, so get in while you can!

As security improves, Iraq banks seek a rebound.

yota691

4 hours ago, fnbplanet said:

The IRAQI GOVERNMENT  will remove restrictions on currency exchange....

Exchange to brokers?  other governments?  auctions?

Does the IMF need to remove restrictions for the RV/RI also?

The word "will", in regards to Iraq, means "soon", as in unspecified.

Nonetheless, very exciting indeed!

You are so right. BIG DIFFERENCE between " WILL REMOVE " and " HAS REMOVED " Either way, its :goodnews:

CBI GOVERNOR: CBI HAS REMOVED ALL EXCHANGE RESTRICTION AND MULTIPLE CURRENCY PRACTICE 

OCT 16, 2017

START VIDEO AT 9:50 FOR STATEMENT

Ali Mohsen al-Alaq, the governor of the Central Bank of Iraq, discusses his organization's efforts to cut off and isolate financial institutions in territory controlled by the Islamic State following the terrorist group's creation in 2014. As authorities push IS out of its core territory, investigating and disrupting its remaining financial networks in Iraq can help weaken its ability to operate as a terrorist organization and insurgency.

Edited by DWS112
  • Like 3
  • Upvote 4

Transcript
07:54
2017 and was highly accepted or received
08:01
by about 6 point 7 billions worth of
08:07
investors demand was something really
08:11
give us a very good positive credit look
08:19
to the country from the investors the
08:23
sort of gross reserves of the central
08:26
bank of Iraq exceeded the adjusted
08:29
program floor by about 4 variants for
08:35
2017 for for now the gross public that
08:40
remained below a suggested also program
08:44
ceiling all of these according is still
08:49
to the IMF the reports hit by the poll
08:55
they followed the poll all
08:59
crisis and Isis attack the government
09:02
has started to implement a program of
09:05
physical conservation to maintain debt
09:09
and external sustainability with the
09:12
current oil price projections and
09:15
implementation of the fiscal
09:18
consolidation under the SBA that is done
09:22
by a range meant the fiscal and current
09:25
account deficit should be eliminated by
09:29
2022 according to the program the ECB is
09:40
committed to maintaining the peg with
09:43
u.s. dollars the peg provides a key
09:47
nominal anchor and highly uncertain
09:50
environment with policy capacity
09:53
affected by the conflict with Isis the
09:57
CBI has removed all exchange perceptions
10:01
and multiple currency practice to
10:07
maintain micro macroeconomic stability
10:10
the government commits to pursue as
10:13
physical fiscal consolidation efforts to
10:16
bring spending in the line with
10:19
available resources in 2017 who might
10:25
the impact of the fiscal consolidation
10:28
on the population the government will
10:31
continue to protect social spending like
10:34
health education social safety net etc
10:45
now I'd like to talk about the CBI
10:49
during the during uncertain time and
10:55
certain environments maybe I was not
11:00
that lucky when I moved to the central
11:03
bank
11:03
end of 2014 because we fail
11:12
two big shocks one was as you know the
11:17
hush Isis and the other one was the
11:21
sharp decline on oil prices that went
11:28
down during 2015 by 40% and in 2016 by
11:36
17%
11:38
so that was a really a big challenge for
11:42
the CBI to deal with the situation we
11:50
have moon and the central bank because
11:54
of those challenges from monetary
11:58
stability to financial stability and
12:02
economic growth so we can deal with the
12:07
the challenges and the opponents that's
12:11
created by those bull shots we have
12:16
taken many measures and regarding these
12:20
two object
12:27
for example we have worked very hard
12:33
with the government to pass the
12:36
difficult time to the financial
12:39
difficulties that the government had
12:41
faced by quantitative easing the central
12:47
bank has discounted the Treasury bills
12:52
from the government by about so far 20
12:58
billions American dollars which is it's
13:03
a big amount that if you measure the
13:10
budget of the country also enhancing and
13:16
supporting private banking sector
13:21
safeguarding the financial sector from
13:23
financial crime
13:24
and money then they know people of the
13:28
national strategy for auntie Rhonda and
13:33
countering violence in terrorism and
13:38
empowering the AML CFT bureau within the
13:42
central bank and establishing a AML CSD
13:47
national council and in that regard I
13:53
think we have done a lot with our
13:56
international partners it's very
14:00
difficult time to face Isis and in that
14:07
regard
14:08
so we tried our best to cut off all the
14:14
financial net hundreds of Dixie shops
14:20
and wire transfers companies being cut
14:24
off from the from the system and also we
14:29
get somebody some cases to be to the
14:36
court which something happened for the
14:39
first time and the country to have such
14:43
cases in front of the day of the court
14:50
many of them have been charged for bail
14:54
so it gives an indication that the new
14:59
law that we have put new measures and
15:02
regulations we we put we the oversight
15:07
over the banking sector we really tight
15:12
in a way that we keep reached to that I
15:19
think with our international partners we
15:23
have done a lot we have almost on daily
15:27
basis they share we share our
15:31
information with our partners so that
15:36
helped us
  • Like 1
  • Upvote 7

• yota691 changed the title to (Video) CBI Govenor in Washington

1145.jpg
Governor of the Central Bank Ali Alalak "Economy News"

Economy News Baghdad:

The governor of the Central Bank, Ali Alalak, Tuesday, that the strengthening of the relationship between foreign correspondent banks and Iraqi banks have significant benefits on the Iraqi banking sector.

"The measures taken by the Central Bank in the fight against money laundering and the financing of terrorism, which included a number of companies and were suspended from work and referred to the judiciary, is an important step and in compliance with the resolutions of the Council," Al-Alak said in an interview with Al-Iraqiya satellite channel in Washington. Security".

He added that "the strengthening of the relationship between foreign correspondent banks and Iraqi banks is very important and has significant benefits on the Iraqi banking sector," calling on foreign banks to "rely on the measures adopted by the Central Bank in the development of the banking sector such as compliance and anti-money laundering, which is the Faisal to accept cooperation with Iraqi banks. "

Views 110   Date Added 10/18/2017

• Upvote 6

1 hour ago, Half Crazy Runner said:

He really loves his electric blue suit ..

Me - I couldn't pull off the Electric Blue suit - more power to him Huh. Probably a wee bit eccentric and we're good with that, huh.

:lol:if he wore German Lederhosen & suspenders and Clogged Dance, he still gets my thanx. 

At at least we some over there that know what the he'll they're doing :wave:

• Upvote 1

I'm having a hard time grasping what he is saying here. Could I get someones opinion on what this says in " Iraqi-ish for dummies" please ? Read it a few times and I still have a stupid look on my face.  :blink:

Sorry, just being honest here, and I'm refering to me here, no one else.

pp

Edited by pokerplayer
  • Upvote 3

7 minutes ago, pokerplayer said:

I'm having a hard time grasping what he is saying here. Could I get someones opinion on what this says in " Iraqi-ish for dummies" please ? Read it a few times and I still have a stupid look on my face.  :blink:

pp

Related image

• Like 2
  • Upvote 4

31 minutes ago, pokerplayer said:

pp

Nah, PokerPlayer, we all struggle with the "Iraqi-ish" and all try to make sense of it all.

My opinion is the whole speech Ali al-Alaaq made was more of a summary of past things in the Iraqi news media and up to the minute rendition of where the CBI is at. So pretty much blah, blah, blah stuff kinda like reading the Parliament minutes (when they actually do meet other than to postpone to a later date). The two surprises to me where:

• No mo Multi Currency Practices (MCPs). For me, it is like, "Yeah, Right. I'll believe that when I see it."
  • The CBI has moved from the 20th to 21st Century with the modern banking practices that are now being utilized (said Ali al-Alaaq trying desperately to keep his smirk from showing).

Let me know if You were looking for something else and The Best Of Your Day To You, PokerPlayer! :tiphat:

Go Moola Nova!

:pirateship:

• Upvote 2

3115.jpg

3116.jpg 3118.jpg 3120.jpg

Economy News Baghdad:

An Iraqi banking delegation discussed with a number of banks and financial institutions operating in the United States of America opportunities for cooperation between the two parties.

The Association of Iraqi Special Banks said in a press statement received by "Economy News" that "a delegation of 17 private banks, Rafidain and industrial banks and the Executive Director of the Association of Private Banks Ali Tariq and a number of advisers of the Association held a meeting at the Center for Strategic Studies in Washington, American banks, the OPEC Foundation, American financial institutions and a number of employees of the US Embassy. During the meeting, they discussed the Iraqi economy and the challenges facing it.

She added that "the meeting discussed the development in the Iraqi banking sector, especially in the past five years and strengthen cooperation with Arab and foreign banks in addition to plans for the reconstruction of liberated areas and development in the oil sector."

"The global media has reflected a negative image of Iraq over the past years, which has greatly affected the entry of foreign companies to work in Iraq," said the representative of the Center for Strategic Studies, Dan Randy, who chaired the session. "The Iraqi market contains great positives and a great opportunity for investors to work. in it".

On the other hand, the Executive Director of the Association of Private Banks, Ali Tariq, explained to the American delegation the development of the Iraqi banking sector and the challenges facing the current period.

"Despite the general conditions of the country, the work of banks is constantly evolving and we seek to reduce the use of cash in life transactions through projects operated by the Association of Iraqi private banks in cooperation with the Central Bank, such as the project of financial inclusion and the settlement of salaries."

He added that "private banks are working hard to be a balanced share with government banks through deposits and through the issuance of decisions to stimulate government departments to deal with private banks," noting that "Iraqi banks implement the law on combating money laundering and terrorism and instructions on compliance and risk management" .

"The US banks now have greater confidence in the Iraqi banks, especially after the positive steps taken by the Central Bank of Iraq to combat money laundering and punish violators," said Bank of Dubai bank chief Dennis Flanery.

He added that "US banks are considering the mechanism of working with Iraqi banks and projects that provide them with a streamlined work."

The Association of Iraqi Private Banks decided to continue holding periodic meetings with the US Treasury and foreign banks, specifically the US, with the establishment of an annual forum between Iraqi and American banks.

Views 170   Date Added 19/10/2017

• Upvote 3

Baghdad / Al-Ghad Press: 
An Iraqi banking delegation discussed with a number of banks and financial institutions operating in the United States of America opportunities for cooperation between the parties. 
The Association of Iraqi Private Banks said in a statement received by "Al-Gharab Press" a copy of it, "A delegation of 17 private banks, Rafidain and industrial banks and the Executive Director of the Association of Private Banks Ali Tariq and a number of advisers of the Association held a meeting at the Center for Strategic Studies in Washington with a US delegation included The US Treasury, the American banks, the OPEC Foundation, American financial institutions and a number of employees of the US Embassy. During the meeting, they discussed the Iraqi economy and the challenges facing it.

She added that "the meeting discussed the development in the Iraqi banking sector, especially in the past five years and strengthen cooperation with Arab and foreign banks in addition to plans for the reconstruction of liberated areas and development in the oil sector." 
The representative of the Center for Strategic Studies, the US Dan Randy, who chaired the session, that the global media reflected a negative image of Iraq during the past years, which significantly affected the entry of foreign companies to work in Iraq, indicating that the Iraqi market contains a large positives and a great opportunity for investors to work and 
explain the Director Executive Director of the Association of Private Banks, Ali Tariq, presented to the American delegation the development witnessed by the Iraqi banking sector and the challenges facing the current period
Tariq said that despite the general conditions of the country, but the work of banks in a continuous development and seek to reduce the use of cash in life transactions through projects operated by the Association of Iraqi private banks in cooperation with the Central Bank, such as the project of financial inclusion and the settlement of salaries. 
He added that "private banks are working hard on to be balanced with its share of government banks through deposits, through the issuance of decisions motivate government departments to deal with private banks, "noting that Iraqi banks implement anti - money laundering and terrorism special instructions to comply with the law and risk management 
, said an official ous East At Citibank, Dennis Flannery, said US banks now have greater reassurance to the Iraqi banks , especially after the Iraqi Central Bank of positive steps to combat money laundering and punish violators
He added that the American banks are considering the mechanism of working with Iraqi banks and projects that provide them with a smooth work and 
decided the Association of Iraqi private banks to continue to hold regular meetings with the US Treasury and foreign banks, specifically the US with the establishment of an annual forum between Iraqi and US banks.
  • Upvote 1

• yota691 changed the title to US banks are considering the mechanism of working with Iraqi banks

US banks are considering the mechanism of working with Iraqi banks

Since 2017-10-19 at 11:02 (Baghdad time)

10--976.jpg

Baghdad Mawazine News

An Iraqi banking delegation discussed with a number of banks and financial institutions operating in the United States of America opportunities for cooperation between the two parties.

"A delegation of 17 private banks, Rafidain and industrial banks and the executive director of the Association of Private Banks Ali Tarek and a number of the Association's advisors held a meeting at the American Center for Strategic Studies in Washington, DC, with an American delegation," the Association of Iraqi Private Banks said in a statement. The US Treasury, the American banks, the OPEC Foundation, American financial institutions and a number of employees of the US Embassy. During the meeting, they discussed the Iraqi economy and the challenges facing it.

The Association said that "the meeting discussed the development in the Iraqi banking sector, especially in the past five years and strengthen cooperation with Arab and foreign banks, in addition to plans for the reconstruction of liberated areas and development in the oil sector."

For his part, said the representative of the Center for Strategic Studies, the US Dan Randy, who chaired the session, that "the global media reflected a negative image of Iraq over the past years, which significantly affected the entry of foreign companies to work in Iraq," noting that "the Iraqi market contains a large positive opportunity Great for investors to work in. "

On the other hand, the Executive Director of the Association of Private Banks, Ali Tariq, explained to the American delegation "the development witnessed by the Iraqi banking sector and the challenges facing during the current period." According to the statement.

"Despite the general conditions of the country, the work of banks is constantly evolving and we seek to reduce the use of cash in life transactions through projects operated by the Association of Iraqi private banks in cooperation with the Central Bank, such as the project of financial inclusion and the settlement of salaries."

He pointed out that "private banks are working hard to be balanced share with government banks through deposits and through the issuance of decisions to stimulate government departments to deal with private banks," noting that "Iraqi banks implement the law on combating money laundering and terrorism and instructions on compliance and risk management "He said.

"The US banks now have greater confidence in the Iraqi banks, especially after the positive steps taken by the Central Bank of Iraq to fight money laundering and punish violators," said Denis Flannery, a Middle East official at Citibank.

He pointed out that "US banks are studying the mechanism of working with Iraqi banks and projects that provide them with a smooth work."

The Association of Iraqi Private Banks decided to "continue to hold periodic meetings with the US Treasury and foreign banks, specifically the US with the establishment of an annual forum between Iraqi and American banks."

• Upvote 5

Iraqi banking delegation discusses in America opportunities for cooperation

An Iraqi banking delegation discusses opportunities for cooperation in America

Twilight News    

31 minutes ago

An Iraqi banking delegation discussed with a number of banks and financial institutions operating in the United States opportunities for cooperation between the two parties. 

"A delegation of 17 private banks, Rafidain and industrial banks, the executive director of the Association of Private Banks Ali Tariq and a number of advisers of the Association held a meeting at the American Center for Strategic Studies in Washington with a US delegation that included the Treasury," the Association of Iraqi Private Banks said in a statement to twilight news. American banks, the OPEC Foundation, American financial institutions and a number of employees of the US Embassy. During the meeting, they discussed the Iraqi economy and the challenges facing it.

"The global media has reflected a negative image of Iraq over the past years, which has greatly affected the entry of foreign companies to work in Iraq," said the representative of the Center for Strategic Studies, Dan Randy, who chaired the session. "The Iraqi market contains great positives and a great opportunity for investors to work. in it".

On the other hand, the Executive Director of the Association of Private Banks, Ali Tariq, explained to the American delegation the development of the Iraqi banking sector and the challenges facing the current period. 

He added that "private banks are working hard to be a balanced share with government banks through deposits and through the issuance of decisions to stimulate government departments to deal with private banks," noting that "Iraqi banks implement the anti-money laundering law and terrorism and instructions on compliance and risk management" .

"The US banks now have greater confidence in the Iraqi banks, especially after the positive steps taken by the Central Bank of Iraq to combat money laundering and punish violators," said Bank of Dubai bank chief Dennis Flanery. 

He added that "US banks are considering the mechanism of working with Iraqi banks and projects that provide them with a streamlined work."

The Association of Iraqi Private Banks decided to continue holding periodic meetings with the US Treasury and foreign banks, specifically the US, with the establishment of an annual forum between Iraqi and American banks.

• Upvote 3

Good morning Yota and Butifldrm , 

Thanks for these articles, and huge they are !!!!!!!!  Looks like they are getting ready to coordinate, cooperate, and work together for the better of the people and yes, perhaps,  I hate to say it, maybe :soon: we will see a change in the value of the IQD. 

A super day out to ya all :tiphat:

• Like 3
  • Upvote 4

• yota691 changed the title to As security improves, Iraq banks seek a rebound.